Start by marking “Crossing the Line (Daniels Brothers #3)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (Daniels Brothers #3)

Crossing the Line

(Daniels Brothers #3)

Detective Paul Daniels has spent four and a half years mourning the loss of his wife. He’s been doing his best to raise their daughter, Chloe, with the help of his in-law’s. When they inform him right before Thanksgiving that they’re going to be moving over two hours away, Paul finds himself without anyone to watch Chloe while he’s at work. Little did he know that meeting ...more
Published September 4th 2014 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

M.B.
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***Review to follow as part of blog tour***

When I first started reading, my initial reaction wasn't a positive one as Paul Daniels (the main male character) is the name of a famous TV magician here in the UK and I ketpt hearing his voice, but I was soon able to put that behind me as I was pulled into the story.

The situation between Megan and Paul felt very real to me as a reader in that they were pushed together by circumstances beyond their control and both are starting to feel something, but P
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided by the author for an honest review.

4 Stars

Paul and Megan are Gage and Rebecca's siblings, respectively, whom we met in Red Zone . In that book, we found out that Paul was a widower raising his young daughter, Chloe, after his wife died in a drunk driving accident, when Chloe was an infant.

During the Thanksgiving holiday, Megan, who had been at the Daniels' family home with her sister and Gage after another disastrous relationship had gone wrong, chooses to return to Indianapolis
Jennifer Garcia
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, arc
I really enjoyed this romance, murder mystery. Although this story is part of a series, they all seem like they could stand alone as each one is about one of the Daniels brothers. While making appearances in the other books, I learned in this one (the only one I've read so far) that they're all pretty swoony.

Megan, ex-party girl, and Paul, widow, are thrown together by necessity, but it's Megan that starts to change first. While she's living with Paul and his daughter as Chloe's nanny. She is s
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my first encounter with this authors work, and I must confess, it left a really good first impression, so much so, I plan to read the other books in the series!

I was a little concerned at first that I may have trouble following along with this being the third installment in the series, and not having read the previous books, but surprisingly that wasn't the case at all! I think this book could easily be read as a stand alone title, however, with that being said I can't imagine you read
Lady Elizabeth
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The third one on the Daniels Brothers Romances series by Sherri Hayes.
Paul is a very good father. Being a cop and a single dad is hard but he has managed to make it work so far. Now he needs a Nanny and that's where Chloe comes into their lives.
My only complaint about Paul is that his intentions of keeping Chloe away, putting distance between them, got old really fast. I don't mind that he wanted to protect himself from the pain but it got annoying, for me, by the end
Julie Healey
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
***Received an advanced copy for an honest review free of spoilers***

Another hit from Sherri Hayes. Crossing the Line is beautiful, tragic, suspenseful and so much more.

Paul and Megan's journey is one that captures your heart. Paul is struggling with the lost of his wife and being a single father to a beautiful little girl. The thought of ever loving another women is beyond anything Paul would ever think possible. Working and taking care of his little girl is all he thinks about or needs.

Megan
Nina Derr
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crossing the Line seems to start a couple of months after the second book in the series and focuses on Paul and Megan. Paul is a widow with a five year old little girl, Chloe, and in the second book he asked Megan to move in to help take care of Chloe. Megan, who is in need of a fresh start, agrees. Paul lost his wife four or five years ago in a car accident and is still mourning her and is still very much in love with her. One night after a few too many drinks an action was made on Paul's end a ...more
Amy Johnson
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed "Crossing the Line" by Sherri Hayes. I recieved a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I am more than happy to express my enjoyment of this story. This has been a great series so far. Each book follows the story of a different brother, struggling with finding their happily ever after and the women that fall for them. This author does a great job painting the story and developing engaging characters that we get to know better with each book. I love ...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

Source: eARC for Honest Review from TWCS

Genre: Adult Contemporary

Part 3 in a series but could be read as a standalone but better as a series.

My Crossing the Line Review ...

After reading the Finding Anna Series I devoured anything from this lovely author, and I found another gem with this series.  These Daniel Men come from a good family, are loyal to a fault, they are sexy and successful and are trouble magnets.

Paul Daniels is the oldest brother of the family and tries to hold it
Angie McGuire
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was definitely a book to read remember. Paul and Megan had a rough beginning. Dealing with so much self doubt and sadness, Paul couldn't commit to Megan. This book went on for awhile about his trauma with his first wife, while Megan was falling in love with him.

I liked this book, and the suspense was great, but I wish they'd gotten together sooner. Megan send like a young girl trying too hard, while Paul was adamant that nothing would happen.

It's definitely worth the read. Grea
Gladys
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this entertaining read. A well written book, that offers complex characters and a deep emotional storyline. Paul is a widower, struggling to raise his daughter while working as a detective. Megan is struggling to overcome the mistakes she's made in the past. Paul hires Megan to take care of his daughter, Chloe and so begins the slow simmering attraction between these two. Will Paul's refusal to let go of the past cause him to loose a new chance at happiness? Can Megan break thro ...more
Saskia
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in the Daniels Brother series, but it can be read as a stand alone. I have been looking forward to reading this story.

Paul had to deal with the loss of his wife and trying to raise his daughter on his own. I loved how slowly he was able to make peace with his past and look towards the future and the fact that he did deserve happiness.

Megan didn’t have the most stable upbringing and she made bad choices, but I loved how she accepted that and moved on. Seeing her and Chloe together
Hanna Ali
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is amazing and each book gets better everytime. I loved all the emotions this book gave me. It had me holding my breath towards the end and then had me smiling. Sherri hayes is an awesome author that brings all your emotions to the surface at some point in all her books. I highly recommend this series as I do for all her books. Absolutely loved this story and now on to the next book in this series.
Donna
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crossing the Line had good elements but they were overshadowed by the ones that were mediocre. It was too wordy, had too much filler that was not needed just to make it look like a long book. The heroine was not likable, way too pushy for my tastes. She pushed Paul until he finally succumbed to her. That is not love, that is lust. The theme has been overdone. Could have been a good story with only slight changes made. Gave it four stars for the things that were good.
Jodia-Ann
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and it was another exciting book in this series. Megan was determined to get Paul which I found very refreshing from the usual man doing the chasing. Paul wasn't having it but once he fell he fell hard. This book as lots of shocks, surprises, horror and a female who is willing to try anything to get her man.
Tracie Fields
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by an outstanding author! This book is full of suspense and mystery that makes it hard to put down. Throw in some smoldering chemistry and you have a great read on your hands. A good book that’s part of a great series!
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is an engaging story that quickly drew me in and kept me turning the pages. The characters are complex, determined, and perfect for each other. There is something for everyone in this book from suspense, mystery, and romance. A very enjoyable read.
Natasha Ybarra
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one has it all, love, mystery, and suspense. A well written book with a great plot that you will not want to put down until you have finished the last word. I feel in love with this series and hope there will be more to it!

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Karen
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come tomorrow
Andi
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book for this series. I enjoyed the mystery & characters in this book.
Pat
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
l found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the great character and storyline development that kept my attention throughout the entire book!
Beverly Banner
Ok read, but a bit on the tame side for my likes
Co
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, sherri-hayes
As always Sherri did not disappoint. The story twisted and turned. It held my attention from start to finish.
Evelyn
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 of the Daniels' brother. I have received this book for being a part of Sherri's ARC Team... this time the book is on eldest brother Paul and Gage's sister in law, Megan. Paul adopted Megan as Chloe's nanny after meeting her and Rebecca at Thanksgiving from book 2. This book tells us what a great team and family they'd become and also on a case Paul is working on. Although I suspected the culprit and what the story is leading up to, I was being kept on edge...waiting for the shoe to drop.. ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jerjen

Megan Carson is working as a nanny for a five year old who has lost her mother in a tragic accident. She loves her job and she loves Chloe. She feels like she is finally doing something important with her life. She has not always felt like this and realizes that she has made a lot of mistakes during her life. She never had a good family life and was raised more by her sister than her parents. She was a rebellious teen and traveled with the wrong crowd. Her
Kim
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Paul Daniels is a widower and father to precocious five year old Chloe. He met Megan when his brother Gage fell for her sister Rebecca (Red Zone). When Paul lost his childcare, Megan stepped in, moved to Indianapolis and became the nanny. It worked out perfectly for all of them. Megan got a fresh start, Paul had someone to count on to help with Chloe, and Chloe got to spend time with a woman she adores.

The night of his brother Chris and Elizabeth's wedding (Behind Closed Doors), scotch and memo
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Replacing a much beloved deceased wife is an uphill battle. It is one which Megan Carson is determined to do even if it breaks her heart. Since she started living at Paul Daniels' home and taking care of his daughter, Chloe, she's realized her past mistakes. The guys she's dated and fallen for so quickly were worthless. Watching how Paul takes care of his family and especially his daughter, Megan knows this is the right kind of guy for her.

Paul misses his wife and wrestles with guilt over her de
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

Although I did like Crossing the Line, it was very predictable. It was the typical story of two people that just didn’t seem compatible but were still meant to be together. I was entertained by the story and could at least appreciate the forward flow of the book. Crossing the Line is the third and final book in the Daniels Brothers series and I did feel like something was missing regarding the backstory of the main characters in the book. However, I did not read the other books
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Buried Flames (Surviving Ashes, #3)
  • Craving Justice (Sons of Sydney, #1)
  • Come With Me
  • Rise of Alpha (The Prodian Journey #1)
  • The Winslow Brothers Boxed Set, Books #1-4 (The Winslow Brothers #1-4)
  • The Surrender Gate (Desire Exchange, #1)
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • Soul Deep (I-Team, #6.5)
  • Falling Softly (Compass Girls, #4)
  • Color Me Crazy
Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn't good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.
At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a telev

Daniels Brothers (4 books)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Daniels Brothers, #1)
  • Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)
  • What Might Have Been (Daniels Brothers, #4)