Start by marking “Twisted Desire” as Want to Read:
Twisted Desire

Twisted Desire

She woke in the dark. The sharp surge and sway of her world the only hints she has of her surroundings.

Penelope Santoro is alone, trapped in an empty room of what could only be a boat in the middle of a rough ocean. With no recollection of how she got there, and no escape in sight, she's quickly losing hope that she will ever find her way home.

Tag Reynolds is detached.
Published October 23rd 2014 by Laura Dunaway (first published October 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Desire

Jennifer Kyle
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Stars

”She was an innocent pawn in a deadly game.”

description

Laura Dunaway delivers a well paced story that has several twists and will keep a reader on their toes. The story starts with party girl Penelope Santoro (Penny) being kidnapped and lured by a hot guy at a club. I waited patiently for his reappearance anywhere else in the story and for some strange reason it made me nuts that he never reappeared.

Unlike other books where our main character gets kidnapped Penny isn’t shackled in a cell or s
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3 Trust Me Stars

photo TwistedDesire_zps68c49670.jpg

What happens when your world is completely shaken- kidnapped for reasons unknown except for retaliation. Your captor tells you to trust him- he will not let anything happen to you- he promises no harm will come to you as long as he is at your side. Penny Santoro, 21 yrs old, is abducted for Roman Vitale, a drug cartel king pin. Tag works for Roman and has been given then task of watching over Penny, to make sure she is safe and well cared for while in captivity. The reasons for
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
2 Not Quite What It Promised Stars

Penelope Santoro is kidnapped after a night out and wakes up on a yacht with no idea how she got there or why. Her first interraction comes with Tag Reynolds, a crazy hot guy, who sadly happens to be an enforcer in a drug cartel and one of the people who kidnapped her. It would be stupid to be attracted to the enemy, wouldn't it?

Tag Reynolds has worked hard to get where he is. He has done many things that would give anyone nightmares for years, but now, after al
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Twisted Desire
Author – Laura Dunaway
Publication Date – October 23, 2014
Genre –Suspense/Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 3.75 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the Author for The GReat Buddy Read in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
Going in, I knew this wasn’t as dark as mentioned earlier, so putting that aside – I did enjoy the story and OMG how I loved Tag…

It was suspenseful and held my attention while the author did a gre
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/15/2016)

Stand-alone. Thanks Jess!

BLURB:

Candace
Didn't Hate It, But Didn't Love It Either

I'm somewhat disappointed in this story. The blurb was promising and I read many other reviews that were promising. So, I'm probably in the minority here. It just fell flat for me. It wasn't horrible, but I probably won't remember the names of the characters tomorrow. It just didn't make much of an impression on me, much to my disappointment.

When I read that this was a story about a crazy drug lord that kidnaps a young woman he's been obsessed with for ye
Debbie♥ love my Ducks♥
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This book is in no way dark. I read a lot of dark reads and this is a sweet romantic suspense if I ever saw one. The writing style kept me engaged but just not my type of book. Tag was a swoon worthy MC but tough guy? I don't think so. Overall this was an ok read for me.
Laylaw
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
3 this is not what I expected stars. This book was mentioned as being a dark read, so to be fair I will say while the lady in our story is kidnapped and almost raped, this book to me is NOT a dark read. There is a lot more fluff to this story and while there is a constant suspense factor that keeps you on the hook and wanting to know what the kidnappers motives are, there is also a lot of repetitive scenes.

Penny finds herself kidnapped after heading outside from a club that she was dancing at wi
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
★ Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review ★ THANK YOU!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY RATING ☆☆☆☆ Twisted Desire by Laura Dunaway

4 SICK AND TWISTED STARS

RETALIATION

This was nothing like what I expected it to be, a few twists and turns that I did not see coming..Definitely kept me entertained right up to the last page..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LINES CROSSED

Penelope Santoro has been raised in cotton wool knows next to nothing about what dark and twisted people are out there until the night of her kidnapping wh
Katie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZINGLY AMAZING STARS

“I’ve loved you from the moment I saw you in that cold, dark room. I’ve loved you since you told me to go to hell; I’ve loved you since I first held you in my arms. I have no idea what I did to deserve you, but I’m never taking you for granted. You’re an angel from heaven sent just for me, and I’m never letting you go, no matter what. You’re mine, always.”

::swoon:: Oh man, I loved this book. Especially Tag. Oh Tag. You devilishly sexy man. Loved him from the beginning to
Rachel
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
***ARC received for an honest and fair review***

Overall Rating: 4.5 "My Sweet Girl" Stars!!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

Review: This was a cute and sweet romance! We have, Penny, a young girl who is so innocent and sweet and Tag who is very mysterious. He works for the drug cartel, and his "special" job is to keep an eye on Penny and
Tiffany Willams
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC given in exchange for an honest review*

"My name is Tag. You are not allowed to leave this cabin without me...It's for your own safety, Penelope. Trust me. I'm all you have right now."

What would you do if you woke up on the floor at the bottom a boat, and having no idea of how you got there? Me, personally, I would freak! Shiver.

For Penelope Santoro, she could not be more scared or confused. Who would want to do this to her, and why? What makes the situation even more weird is the attractiv
Tiffany Readz
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Twisted Desire was touted as a dark read and the blurb certainly makes it sound that way, I found it to be more of an action/suspense romance. For a darker read, I feel the captor needs to be more sinister than our hero Tag was. A guy you hate to love. Don't get me wrong, he was a great leading man, just not (and I hate to say this) as twisted as I like my captors to be.

Penny is snatched from a club and wakes up on a boat heading for who knows where. She's been drugged and has no memory of how s
Megan
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!
*ARC Review for Crazy Daisy Book Whore* by Megan

I loved this book! I didn't want to love this book, because I hated what happened to Penny. I was so mad at Tag through most of this book, but I knew there had to be more to him than what he led everyone to believe. He was rough but totally swoon-worthy! There were twists and unexpected turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't put this book down. I'm officially a fan, Laura Dunaway!
Blondies Little Book Life
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*This review may contain spoilers*

I was given an ARC for an honest review.

"Listen to me," he started. "No matter what happens from here on out , you need to know that I don't, and won't ever, regret what just happened between us." Elation soared through me, making more tears fall down my cheeks. He lowered his head and pressed his lips to them, his tongue reaching out to take them away, one by one."Penny Santoro," he said as he kissed each one. "Whether you believe it or not, you're a gift to m
Kayla Melser
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~~I was provided a copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review~~~

AWESOME 5 Star read!

OMG so my mind is still kind of reeling from this book. It was amazing! It is the 3rd book I have read by Laura Dunaway and it honestly blew me away. The character development was amazing, you really get a feel for who they are and how they are feeling, which is something that I love. It was a good mix of intimacy and story, with that little bit of thriller thrown in there.

The main players in the story
Mary Fazzi
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a Book!!!!

Laura hit it out of the park again!!!

Ok Tag is in the cartel and has a job to do. Watch Penelope Santoro. Who was Penny? A 21 yr old taken from a club and was taken for retaliation, but she didn't know who what or how it was going to work out. She was stubborn and angry and scared. She was hot and cold to Tag.
Tag what to say about him. He is someone who wanted her to trust. He was trying to make her comfortable but in the beginning she wanted nothing to do with him. He was worki
Hooked On Books
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Hookedonbooks

Penelope is with her friend at a nightclub and then she awakes on a yacht in the middle of the ocean with no recollection of how she got there or why she is there.
She is now is grave danger and has been assigned a bodyguard ‘Tag’. Penny and Tag grow closer over the months, should she grow close to the enemy? Will Tag eventually save her or will he submit and leave her to the drug cartel who has captured her?

WOW even the opening page had me hooked, I read this book in
Tracey Parker
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-to-read
What a great story! I loved Tag, who can't resist a hot guy telling you it's ok and he'll protect you even if he is your captor! Penny still has that innocence about her and being kidnapped is something she never imagined. As the book progresses and some secrets are revealed you are guessing what is exactly going on. Without giving anything away all I can say is wow at the end, tons of surprises and twists, some I had an idea and others completely blew me away! Just crazy and intense! This is a ...more
Sarah Armstrong
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014
I was gifted this ARC to leave a review.
This story will grab your attention from the prologue to the ending chapter. This the story of Penny & Tag. Penny who is thrown into a world, she knows nothing about & Tag who has to survive in this world. Lot of twists & turns & will have you questioning who really is the good guy?!? You will love Penny, you'll see her evolve & Tag who is conflicted of his feelings for Penny, but he will do anything for her. It was cleverly written &a
Jenni Moen
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With both unforeseen twists and abundance of steam, Laura Dunway’s TWISTED DESIRE will take you on an emotional and fulfilling ride. Her completely relatable and loveable characters will have you wondering who is good and who is bad until the very end. No one is who or what they seem to be … five twisted and lovely stars!!!

description
CDBW
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!!

I absolutely love this book and Laura Dunaway! I was sucked in right from the start and could not put my kindle down. I even had the nail tech turn pages for me while I got my nails done. I won't ruin it with spoilers so you'll just have take my word that is is a Crazy Ass Must Read!
Judie
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow Laura Dunaway!!! You've found my weakness!!! I totally LOVE books that keep me at the edge of my seat, gnawing on my nails, tapping my foot and that prevent from putting my kindle down! LOVED it!!! A def must-read for those who have yet to read Twisted Desire!
Lustful Literature
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
** JOSIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW **

After I read the synopsis of Twisted Desire I thought yay a dark read! This was a bit lighter than my usual dark reads but it was filled with twist and turns, suspense and danger and a touch of obsession. I thought that I would end up having a love/hate relationship with Tag but I was surprised to find myself loving him. This book was far from what I expected. The plot was intriguing and I was captivated from the start to the very end. The character development and
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
For those that have read Laura’s previous books, Distorted and Discovering Lucy, I think that you’ll be pleasantly surprised by her latest book, Twisted Desire. Where the other 2 books solely fit under the Contemporary Romance genre, I would consider Twisted Desire a Romance with elements of Suspense. Although it’s not necessarily “dark”, there are characters that are unhinged and scenes that are violent.

It has a great storyline that is both unique and captivating, and can easily be read in one
Breigh Edmondson-forstner
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Tag Reynolds is detached. His life depends upon it. But when the beautiful daughter of one of his biggest rivals winds up in his care, his entire world sh
J
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that one might be a little embarrassed to say how much they liked it. It certainly wasn't Shakespeare, but it was a good read about a girl taken hostage by an evil drug lord under the guise of the bad guy getting back at the girl's father. While a hostage, the girl is put under the protection of Tag, one of the bad guys minions (or so we believe). Tag is pretty much too good to be true, but the author really made it work and I (and the hostage) fell in love with him.

Th
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I fell for this book hook, line and sinker. It's a gripping read from start to finish. This author certainly knows how to keep you guessing.

Penny's a young innocent girl who ends up getting kidnapped. It's Tags job to make sure she doesn't escape. I'm keeping tight lipped about the storyline. You really need to read it yourself.
This is a fantastic story that had me sitting at the edge of my seat. The twists and turns were unexpected and brilliant.
Really brilliant story that I highly recommend
Jecca
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I won this ARC from the author. I was intrigued by the synopsis and loved the cover and was very happy that the book met my expectations. The story immediately grabbed my attention and didn't let go till the end. I was very much interested in what was going on and the reasons behind it. While not all of suspicions were confirmed until the end, the journey to get there was pleasant.

The story starts off with us meeting Penny, while she is being kidnapped. The readers as well as Penny are left in t
Elena Cruz (Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf)
Twisted Desire by Laura Dunaway is one book that will keep that will keep you guessing till the very end. Penelope "Penny" Santoro is kidnapped and all that she is told is that she will learn the reason why she is trapped on a boat when the time is right. Afraid and unsure what is going to happen, the only contact she is with Tag Reynolds who hadn't planned on being a "babysitter". What transpires is a story that lives up to its title.

The relationship between Penny & Tag is nowhere near no
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken Road (Breaking Black, #2)
  • Because of Beckett (Torey Hope #2)
  • Destruction (The Distraction Trilogy, #2)
  • Deadly Obsession
  • Dirty Little Secret (Dirty, #1)
  • Under the surface ( Love is not enough, #2 )
  • A Song for Sophie
  • House of Fire (Unraveled, #2)
  • Lease on Love (Snow Kissed Love, #2)
  • Uncorked (Uncorked, #1)
  • Stray
  • Behind the Altar (Behind the Love, #1)
  • Operation Mayhem Box Set (Operation Mayhem, #1-3)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 5 "Escape" (My Masters' Nightmare, #5)
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • The Makings of a Good Man
  • Conflicting Interests
  • Ruthless Sons (Bittersweet Cartel #2)
Laura Dunaway has been married to her prince for 20 years and together they are raising three amazing kids. While she's always had a passion for reading and writing, it wasn't until a few years ago that she finally realized she should pursue her dream of writing and publishing a book. After many many attempts at starting one, her first book, Distorted, was finally the one that flowed and before sh ...more
“Good Lord,” she sputtered. “What’s in that thing?” Roman” 0 likes
“Lisa Matheson Sylva – Ever since we first met at a blog takeover, you’ve amazed me with your support and loyalty for me. You listened to my ideas about Twisted Desire and that phone conversation we had where the meat of the book was born, it blew me away. Thank you for being here for me, for always pimping the heck out of me, and for listening and picking me back up. I’m so thankful to have” 0 likes