Start by marking “The Snow White Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Snow White Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #3)

The Snow White Bride (The Jewels of Kinfairlie #3)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  599 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
The Laird of Kinfairlie's plan to arrange matches for his sisters couldn't possibly be more successful. He's married off two of them, and they seem blissfully happy. But little does Alexander know, he isn't the only family member with a plan. Vivienne and Madeline think it's high time their charming brother got married too.
Published November 1st 2005 by Warner Books (NY) (first published February 24th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Snow White Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Snow White Bride

☕ Kimberly
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
The Snow White Bride was my favorite of the Jewels of Kinfairlie series and while each will work as a standalone, the series itself is about the Laird of Kinfairlie arranging marriages for his sisters. I loved getting to know each of them. In Snow White Bride, Madeline and Vivienne decide it is time their brother was wed. When a young woman is in need of protection, they hatch a plan. Delacroix writes such vivid characters and I adored the siblings banter and bickering. I listened to the series ...more
Candace
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexander and Eleanor

Eleanor is fleeing from Ewan Douglas's castle in the night. She believes her husband dead and she labeled a murderess. Eleanor arrives at Kinfairlie chapel and finds refuge there. The chapel soon fills with the family and villagers because it's Christmas Eve. The sisters of the Laird convinces Eleanor to join the celebration in the hall and to meet the Laird of Kinfairlie, Alexander.

Alexander is in his solar trying to find funds in the ledger. The coffers are empty. He canno
Dorine
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, print, romance, rj
I read this one in October 2005 and reviewed it for Romance Junkies, so I'm adding my review from that site with permission...

Kinfairlie Scotland, 1421

Running away from her late husband's kin, Lady Eleanor seeks sanctuary in a church. She needs to rest from her journey and then continue her flight. The Lammergeir sisters discover a stranger amongst them the next morning during Christmas Eve services. Curiosity has its way and the sisters besiege the stranger with questions. Wedded twice by her f
Debbie
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Snow White Bride by Claire Delacroix
Narrated by Saskia Maarleveld

Claire Delacroix beautifully continues the Jewels of Kinfairlie series with the recent named Laird of Kinfairlie’s love story. Featuring lies, deception, deceit and subterfuge she magically takes me back into the far past with a narrative and dialogue that hinted of the Highlands, with characters so richly developed they have no trouble appearing in my minds eye and backdrops so period perfect I can almost smell the strewing he
Katy
This book was a little dark for me, as far as Christmas reads. It was a full-length novel, which certainly makes a difference. There is more time for balance. But regardless, it was much darker than I expected it to be. I wanted jolly. I wanted HOHOHO. Instead, I got rapey dead husbands and a manipulative heroine I wanted to punch in the face.

The plot: Lady Eleanor has led a truly awful life. And I mean just terrible. Unnecessarily so. Seriously. I'm not talking about a mean husband who drank
Kathi
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a well written story of love. The story had me hooked from the beginning, the middle of the book was slow but then picked back up. It was a fun read.
Maura
Angela_t
Would have been a 4.5 stars if the heroine didn't lie so much

I could understand witholding the truth in the beginning since she didn't know the hero. But time and time again he proved himself to be fair and just in his dealings and STILL she keeps lying!!! After the first two times it just got annoying. There are plently of other scenarios to great a little tension but being a compulsive lair shouldn't be one of them.

I like my hero's OTT alpha and although this HERO was not it, his sweetness was
Moyy
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is why I don't take goodread reviews at face value. Why are there so many negative reviews?
This book was endearing. It is a romance after all.
Eleanor was broken - not able to understand wholly of love. Alexander seeks to mend her and even through his frustrations, he remains positive and willing, always.
This was very much a fairy tale story. Though nothing close to a snow white story I would have expected (in truth, this book never claimed to be a retelling).

I'll note that this is the fir
Jeanne Johnston
Two stars because there were few editing errors, but I was annoyed the entire book. Perfect man, happy family, lovely villagers... but jeez, one circumstance after another to make her look guilty, convenient plan to forestall the villain, and ridiculously happy ending. It was all just a but much. Oddly enough, I think I read another (later?) book in the series, but my memory of that didn't mesh well with this one.
Kathy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eleanor is running through the snow when she comes to Alexander’s keep she takes refuge in the church. His sister’s find her and convince her to consider marrying their brother. But she has a past that haunts her. It is and interesting and exciting story.
Carro Herdegen
Nov 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
The main characters are very wishy-washy, as in not very consistent to their own character. Also, while I read, I was skipping the sexually-heavy scenes and got tired of skipping so many, so I just stopped. It's not worth it.
Dee Doyle
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Snow White Bride

Trust. Truth. Honesty. Commitment. Love. Abuse. Violence. Greed. The Snow White Brides contains all of this and more. How one deals an copes with such tells of my character and strength.
marilyn markowski
Excellent

This was far the best book I have read in a long time.. It was plain good, couldn't put it down
Barbara R. Cady
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice

I had enjoyed other books by This author and this one was not a disappointment. The characters are wonderful, there is lots of action and it's a good story.
Robyn Echols
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue

I enjoyed the plot with its healthy dose of intrigue. Good characters, well-written, and an exciting plot. Loved the hero and empathize with Eleanor.
Carole Petersen
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Book #3
Cynthia
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed listening to this story I thought it was a interesting read with humor, drama and passion. I doubt many people have worse luck than Lady Eleanor it does seem at every turn someone is one step ahead of her make it hard to believe anything she said. She is holding all her cards close to her chest not giving out much information. She has so much to give the right man and all she asks for return is to be respect, cared for and honored. She isn't interested in love just want a man th ...more
Eileen Dandashi
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook Review:

This wonderfully captivating series has been a pleasure to follow with its emotionally conflicted, vulnerable characters who eventually find their happy ever afters.

There is no doubt this series has captured my imagination. I love the way author Claire DelaCroix develops the story using a formal, archaic speech. She helps place me squarely into the setting. Narrator Saskia Maarleveld’s produces an awesome listen with her silky, velvet narrative voice with flawless understanding
Heather
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexander Lammergier, Laird of Kinfairlie, has seen two sisters wed, but still must secure a future for his three younger sisters. With Kinfairlie's coffers nearing empty, every mouth fed is a strain and Alexander is struggling to keep the people in his abode fed. The strain of the responsibility he's undertaken since his parent's untimely deaths has stolen much of his merriment as he's struggled to keep his lands afloat and worried over the well being of those who depend upon him.

Worried about
Kat Green
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book I've read in "The Jewels of Kinfairlie", series by Ms. Delacroix. I was lucky enough to receive a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review. In addition to reading the ebook, I also purchased the audio version to listen to after I finished reading the book. In this book Alexander, meets his fate head on. Ever since the death of his parents, about a year before, he has been struggling with taking on all of the responsibilities of becoming the new Laird upon t ...more
Melissa Cannito
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Snow White Bride is the third in Ms. Delacroix’s Jewels of Kinfairlie series and the second time I have read it as a Kindle version. (I believe my version may be older since I purchased it in 2013.) This is the story of the oldest Lammergeier sibling and the Laird of Kinfairlie, Alexander. Alexander has married off two of his sisters by underhanded means. The sisters have returned to Kinfairlie with their husbands for the Christmas holidays and feel it is only fair they give Alexander a tast ...more
J.C. Cauthon
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I'm a sucker for a non-graphic romance novel--one where the store revolves around love, not just what happens in the bedroom. Alexander and Eleanor are both dealing with their own internal issues, and where Alexander trusts her with his, he is not able to trust his family with it.

Eleanor has dealt with violence at the hands of her two spouses for over half of her life. She truly does not know what love is, and Alexander wants her to love him completely.

Between the
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
I loved this story!
After finding husbands for two of his sisters in the first two books in The Jewels of Kinfairlie series, Alexander is finally paid his due. When an unknown woman shows up at the chapel of Kinfairlie seeking aid, Alexander's sisters see an opportunity to turn the tables on him and marry him off.
Lady Eleanor has been forced to marry twice before and is in no hurry to find another husband. Having run from her last home she is seeking sanctuary in Kinfairlie when she comes upon A
Lilmissmolly
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Snow White Bride by Claire Delacroix is the third book in The Jewels of Kinfarlie Series, which are set in 1400's England. I can't express how much I love this series! All books are narrated by Saskia Maarleveld who is one of the best narrators in the business. She gives every character their own distinct voice and has a rhythm to her reading that is melodious.

In The Snow White Bride, the story centers around Alexander, the Laird of Kinfairlie. After being married off in the first two books
Coco
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good- but ended up being too long.
Robin
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a well-written, enjoyable medieval romance. Lady Eleanor has been widowed twice and was treated badly in both marriages. Alexander, the Laird of Kinfairlie, has helped two of his sisters find grooms. He sees Eleanor's sadness and wants to make her smile. His sisters suggest to Eleanor that she marry Alexander and she agrees to escape the danger she is in. They have dangerous enemies, but the bigger risk is whether they can let themselves trust each other. This was a great story. It can ...more
Leslee
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
One of my biggest pet peeves is when authors forget the names of their characters. No matter how minor there should be a check on all names. Suddenly a child went from being Mairi to Megan. Even if it was just one time someone should have caught that!

As for the plot--blerg. I hated Alexander from the first book, he's spineless.

But other than the characters and the name change I thought the writing of this series pretty good. And there were no crazy, completely out of time references that I noti
Vicki Highley
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas Eve, 1421 in Kinfairlie, Scotland. The sisters of Alexander Lammergier, Laird of Kinfairlie have found a way to get back at him for tricking two of the sisters into marriage and the younger ones are afraid they won't be able to find a love match. In the church they find a young woman who they deem is perfect for their brother, Lady Eleanor needs a place to hide and protection and accepts the proposal. She has secrets. I loved the ending, because it answered all my questions.

Copy gifte
Kbee
AUDIOBOOK: Listened 28 Nov.

Narrator:Saskia Maarleveld as usual does a good job.

Catchy beginning but then the story drags for way to long.
Eleonore should of spilled all of her secrets.Especially the one she keeps from Alexander but not from her sisters in law at the end.

One thing that I like of Miss DeLacroix's books is that the battles don't use up to much pages. They are usually short but to the point.
I got this one because I wanted to know what was going to happen to the uncle and aunt caught
  • Rose (The Flower Trilogy, #3)
  • Celtic Shores (Celtic Steel, #2)
  • A Knight's Vengeance (Knight's, #1)
  • Tempt Me With Kisses (Maiden and Her Knight, #2)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • Kin (Annabelle's Story, #2)
  • Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)
  • Tempted by a Warrior (Galloway Trilogy, #3)
  • By Right of Arms
  • Deja Blue (Ruby Blue, #2)
  • The Mercenary's Bride
  • The Dark Knight (Montagues, #4)
  • Maiden's Veil
  • An Unmistakable Rogue (Rogues Club, #3)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • Her Reluctant Groom (The Grooms, #2)
New York Times bestselling author Claire Delacroix sold her first book in 1992, an historical romance called ROMANCE OF THE ROSE. Since then, she has published over sixty romance novels and novellas, and has also been published under the names Claire Cross and Deborah Cooke. She has an honours degree in history, with a focus on medieval studies. She is an avid reader of medieval vernacular literat ...more
More about Claire Delacroix...

The Jewels of Kinfairlie (4 books)
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie #1)
  • The Rose Red Bride (The Jewels of Kinfairlie, #2)
  • The Ballad of Rosamunde
“Without honesty we can build nothing at all. Trust rests upon honesty's foundation, as does affection and even love.” 1 likes