Start by marking “Taming Fate (Fate of the Gods, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Taming Fate (Fate of the Gods, #2.5)

Taming Fate

(Fate of the Gods #2.5)

For the first time in her many lives, Eve would rather be anywhere but home.

In 15th Century France, Eve would have burned as a witch if it hadn’t been for the too-timely arrival of the Marquis DeLeon to save her skin, but their hasty marriage is off to anything but a smooth start. As tensions in the town grow and plague threatens, Ryam DeLeon knows if he and Eve cannot f
Published June 24th 2014 by World Weaver Press

To ask other readers questions about Taming Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Fate

Linda
I read this tale when it was included in an anthology, A Winter's Enchantment - a mesmerizing assortment of three festive holiday fantasy novellas penned by authors who were all new to me at the time I picked it up. Anthologies are normally hard for me to review as it’s difficult to assign one rating to a collection where I normally feel differently about the included stories. Happily, that was not the case with this anthology, as I absolutely loved each of the stories and didn’t want to put any ...more
Dylan Quinn
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
Amalia Dillin’s Fate of the Gods Series is epic. Though often considered a cliche reference to novels, epic is the only word I could come up with to do the series justice. It is larger than life in most instances, spanning thousands of years with tons of historical references mingled throughout. It was clear from the beginning that Dillin had done her historical homework, and even with my Master’s in English, I often felt challenged at many turns. That said, I’ve truly enjoyed the series.

Taming
Maria
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Note: This book is a novella meant to go between books 2 and 3, Fate Forgotten and Beyond Fate. I have yet to read either of these, so my review is based on this novella as a standalone.

When I first picked up this novel, I had no idea what to think of it except for the one short description above. But from that alone, it definitely sounded worthy my time. And honestly, I really enjoyed this novella. Overall, there were a few parts that were lagging to me, but for the most part, I was thoroughly
Dan
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the Fate of the Gods series, Eve's life with Ryam is oft-referenced but remains shrouded in mystery. Taming Fate explores that life, including the rocky beginning of what we already know is one of the most positive and memorable lives that Eve has had yet. She doesn't take kindly to being forced into things, even if by someone who is protecting her. After all, as horrible a fate as awaited her, she is Eve, mother of all humanity, and she is quite capable of looking after herself.

I liked Ryam,
Lissa Sloan
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryam DeLeon married Eve for her protection, but they had not been together long before they both feel the marriage was a mistake. In a last ditch effort to save their marriage, Ryam proposes a truce, suggesting they give themselves from Christmas Eve until Epiphany to come to an understanding, or go their separate ways. In the mean time, a deadly disease threatens the DeLeon lands, and Ryam and Eve must unite to combat it.

Taming Fate comes in the middle of the Fate of the Gods series, and I have
Naomi Ruth
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction, own, series
I loved reading about Eve's past life with Ryam. It really help cement some of the feelings I had in book 2, and my vague feelings I spoke about in my review of the first book of uncertainty have been quieted for now. I think Eve's strength as a character is very strong in this book, which pleases me greatly. And I love Ra/Horus Amon. So much. I want him to come visit me when I own my own house one day. :D
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this short story that goes into an area of Eve's past that is mentioned so often throughout the rest of the series. The relationship arc was really well executed, and I was so happy to see Ra in it - he's my favorite character of the series, I think.
Rebecca
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fascinating look at Eve's life with Ryam. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jessica Baumgartner
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The prologue worried me. I was like oh boy, but as soon as the first chapter stared I was hooked. Loved the story, loved the Christian/Pagan mythology linked as one. This is a really great book.
Susan Sullivan
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Fans of this series are sure to enjoy this installment about Eve in 15th Century France. Thor is my favorite character and he's not onstage much in this novelette. Would love to see a novel devoted to his story.
Vickie Lasley
Sep 01, 2016
Jojo
Jun 04, 2014
Edenseve
rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2018
LouAnn Stelter
Jul 15, 2015
Aven
Sep 01, 2014
Amalia Dillin began as a Biology major before taking Latin and falling in love with old heroes and older gods. After that, she couldn't stop writing about them, with the occasional break for more contemporary subjects. She lives in upstate New York with her husband, and dreams of the day when she will own goats--to pull her chariot through the sky, of course.

Amalia is the author of the Fate of th

Fate of the Gods (6 books)
  • Forged by Fate (Fate of the Gods, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Fate of the Gods, #1.5)
  • Fate Forgotten (Fate of the Gods, #2)
  • Facets of Fate (Fate of the Gods, #3.5)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate of the Gods, #3)