Start by marking “The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)

The Life (The Russian Guns #2)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  711 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
*Please Note, The Life is not a standalone title. The first book in The Russian Guns series (The Arrangement) should be read before the second book*

The mafia life is a dangerous one revolving around honor, duty, and greed—a troublesome thing like love isn’t meant to play a part, but no one follows the rules.

Surrounded by men waiting for the Russian mob boss to show weaknes
Published August 2nd 2014 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about The Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life

Sempre by J.M. DarhowerCrow's Row by Julie HockleyBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireCaptive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsMonster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower
Best Mafia/Mob Romance Books
178th out of 399 books — 2,319 voters
Nikolai by Roxie RiveraAlexandr's Cherished Submissive by Ann MayburnSergei, Volume 2 by Roxie RiveraIvan by Roxie RiveraIvan's Captive Submissive by Ann Mayburn
Bratva Romance/Erotica (Russian Mafia/Mob)
13th out of 25 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

ღTierraღ
This book shows a wonderful new chapter in Anton and Vine's life together as they prepare for the birth of their first child. I loved continuing to see Anton and Vine grow in their relationship although secrets need to be kept between them to ensure Vine's safety. In this book readers see a new side to Anton as he battles the betrayal of a brigadier, the failing health of his father and mentor, and adding a new title to his long list..Father. Viviana continues to make me fall more and more in lo ...more
Winter Sophia Rose
Heartwarming, Sexy & Insanely Intense! I Loved It!
Ashley
Apr 19, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing
too many tears were shed. too many.
Deborah

3.5 stars.

I have to start this review by saying how much I loved the previous book 'The Arrangement' it had everything I look for in a read, romance, hot alpha male, intelligent beautiful female who doesn't make stupid decisions and I can't stress that last part enough, plus it had an interesting story that keep me hooked.
I couldn't wait to start this book so what went wrong?
Honestly I'm not sure I just felt it kind of lost its way somehow, we still have Anton and he's just as hot and loves Vivi
Keya
How can I even start this review?!

This series has everything I look for in books! It has the family aspect, the mystery factor, the thrilling aspect, action packed, blinding love, great friendship, loyalty, betrayal, even some emotional scenes. (Anton and His father. or whenever he speaks of him will gets those eyes wet!)And on top of that the writing is flawless so it captures all those elements flawlessly.

I love how there were no exaggerations. You know how you always get those books where th
☛ Kay

The story picked up seven months into Viviana’s pregnancy.

Yes, I love Anton and Vine and there are still some mafia stuff that needs to be done, but I was a little disappointed actually. Of course, more blood were actually spilled but the overly love was too much for me it kinda come across as sappy for me. I mean, okay, I know Anton’s character and I actually the efforts he had gone through and the sweetness of it all, but I think it was so much it is more of being a showy for me. Although I st

Monica **can't read fast enough**
Unfortunately for me this is one of those reviews that is hard to write without giving away spoilers so I am going to be purposefully vague in this review. Everything that I loved about this story would give things away! I will have to just say that The Life was an excellent continuation of The Arrangement. If you are a fan of contemporary mob stories this series is definitely a need to read.

I enjoyed that a large part of the book deals with the building of trust between Vine and Anton as well
Soshi_fan
Aug 24, 2014 Soshi_fan rated it it was amazing
If you love mob/mafia novels you need to read this series. It hits all the right spots. The only downside is the wait for the third and final novel. There's a sneak peak at the end of this novel that leaves the reader at the edge of her seat.5+ stars for this one.
Snow
Jan 15, 2016 Snow rated it really liked it

Another Awesome Work By Bethany-Kris...
It's been awhile since I started the Russian guns series...I loved Anton and Viviene in book 1, so even if I was "taken" away from reading the book 2 right away, I had no trouble coming back into the mobster's environment even after several loooong months...
and that's the beauty of Bethany's writing style, it grips you and doesn't let go until you are mind blown...
Joymzz
Jan 21, 2015 Joymzz rated it it was amazing
My god! I totally forgot what rating I gave the first one but this book was out of this world. I honestly love every minute of. I just can't get over all of the emotions I got out of this one. Great ending also.
I already read the review of book 3 and it's flipping scary! I can't see Anton in jail, I just can't. Sigh. But no matter what I can't wait to read it.
Elfina Renee
May 23, 2015 Elfina Renee rated it it was amazing
Sopranos meet Good Fellows and the God Father. For some reason book two was the better read. Sure in book one the author was building up the characters and storyline. But The Life was way more intense, with a lot of drama and action.
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Aug 23, 2014 Johnnie-Marie Howard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
Wow I can't get my head to stop spinning around. The author has once again blew me away with another great novel. I'm happy to say I have a new favorite author to add to my ever growing list. The main characters are out of this world wonderful, you can't get enough of the romance you end up craving more and more. :) The story seems like it has multiple POVs but really its just the way it reads. I do however recommend that you read book 1 first as it all blends rather well together.

***I received
Kerri McLaughlin
Aug 20, 2014 Kerri McLaughlin rated it it was amazing
I have been harassing Bethany-Kris for this book since the moment I finished the Arrangement. Anton and Vine are probably one of my favorite mafia couples and I just can't get enough of them! The Life picks up a few months after The Arrangement left off and in true Bethany Kris fashion it is jam caked with drama and suspense. This story took some surprising turns that left me panicking; I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Vine is diagnosed with gestational diabetes and being pregnant her emot
Lauren Taylor
Aug 02, 2014 Lauren Taylor rated it it was amazing
I am so mad @ myself for reading this book so fast but it was soooooo good, I just couldn't put it down. This book begins a few months after book 1 ended, with Vine in her last trimester & she and Anton are now married. They are blissfully happy but a series of strange events begin to concern Anton & then Vine is diagnosed with gestational diabetes so he keeps all of his concerns from her. This leads to tension & hurt feelings especially with Vine's hormones out of whack. Wow....it's ...more
tyrianpurple
Aug 19, 2014 tyrianpurple rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Boring.
Bored me to the sleep. And i forced myself to finish this book.

In 30% end, the story began to develop into something more interesting.
The majority of this book tells us about the progession of trust between Vine-Anton. Plus all the pregnancy issues.

Even at the more interesting part, it gave major dissapointment, like,
#1
the most anticipated war scene is being cut out. after teasing ME, more than half of the book. just like that? ok.
#2
Also, the labor scene is being cut out. so then whats le
Erin Tanner
Aug 08, 2014 Erin Tanner rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic sequel. I loved how the story picked up with the lives of Anton and Vine. The author paints a clear picture of how much these two love and care for one another. I also really appreciated that even though we can clearly see that Anton is a man who loves his wife and will do anything to show her, the author wasn't afraid to show his ruthless side and all of the bloodiness associated with living "the life." The author does a great job of making you root for Anton despite knowin ...more
Wendy Koenig
Oct 02, 2014 Wendy Koenig rated it it was amazing
Sexy, steamy, romantic, and thoroughly tough. I love this book, but I read it out of order. Now I have to go back and read the first book. HAVE TO. Good job. Good author.
SNSBAH Promotions and Reviews
"I'll always defend you"
5 Stars
~~~Zarah's Review~~~

The second book in the Russian Guns series this book flowed seamlessly and was every bit as exciting, entertaining and HOT as The Arrangement. This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole way

This story picks up after the threat to Viviana from the Cosa Nostra is gone and the couple are awaiting the birth of their first child, the new Little Prince. All the usual anxieties that normal new parents face are intensified because as we know Anton
Geneva Handleman
Nov 10, 2014 Geneva Handleman rated it really liked it
While the first book in this series truly captured my attention as well as my heart, this one was not as action packed. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, though. It was still as wonderful and heartwarming and romantic and sexy as the first book. Maybe more so even, as it concentrated more on their relationship and less on his business.

Written so that it can easily be a stand alone story, it imperfect for anyone who likes soul mates, hot steamy sex scenes, and a truly loyal, loving man. The auth
Crystal
Aug 28, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Everyone is excited for the Bratva Prince to make an appearance especially Anton. Always protective of Vine, he is even more so now. When odd happenings start becoming common place there is need for concern. While ever the overprotective, Anton also has to learn that Vine may be the Bratva Queen now, but she started as a hard nose Cosa Nostra Princess and learned how to sharpen her edge.

This book is full of everything that made me fall in love with this couple to begin with. As hard nose and dea
Becca
Feb 10, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-junkie
So much emotions ...more
Sonya
Aug 19, 2014 Sonya rated it it was amazing
A superior follow up to Book 1, The Arrangement. It seems to me the author truly dotted all of the "I's" and crossed all of the "T's".
My Secret Book Spot
Aug 29, 2014 My Secret Book Spot rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“The Life (The Russian Guns #2)” by Bethany-Kris
5 out of 5 stars

It’s time to head back into the world of the mafia elite with this second installment in The Russian Guns series by Bethany-Kris. The passionate love story of Anton and Viviana continues to play out inside these pages along with a good dose of intrigue and betrayal.

Anton and Vine are married now and closer than ever. There are exciting changes on their horizon as they explore what it means to be a family. Unfortunately there is no r
Sparkymom
Oct 01, 2015 Sparkymom rated it it was amazing
Wow!

So much more is going on in this book than even in the first one! It appears that the danger for Vine and Anton is never going to go away. In fact, Vine apparently has a new enemy, or one of Anton's enemies is using her to get to him. Anton is concerned for his new little family, distracted by the pending death of his father, and suspicious of the people he should be able to trust the most. Vine is worried and feeling like an outsider to Anton's life. This book had even more passion and int
Belinda
Dec 23, 2014 Belinda rated it really liked it
I like this series though I see a few editing errors that should have been caught.

I love that it is not told in first person and you can see things from both points of view. If you watch for the clues along the way, you can figure out who the bad guys are fairly easily.

Can't wait to read the 3rd book. The characters are well rounded and well developed. Though I would like to see more of the two of them in public together. You don't see a lot of public interaction with them. Would love to see a
Hayley Faiman
Mar 07, 2015 Hayley Faiman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 99-cent-sale
Loved this second installment! Can't wait to start the 3rd!
Mellisa Demille
Nov 04, 2015 Mellisa Demille rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love this mafia series so in these days!!!
Khanique McDaniel
Jan 05, 2015 Khanique McDaniel rated it liked it
I am conflicted after reading this novel because not only did I assume the story was done but that last scene has me sweating and unsure if I wanna read book 3. Seems Bethany and myself has confrontation issues.

I love the Avdonin's and I don't like the possibility of meeting a grown Demyan under those circumstances. Plus, I always like to give this series a break before I dive in to the next, as It allows me time to process and decide on what I just read.

Those who follow my reviews will notice
LailaBC
Well i knew that Tatiana b*tch was coming back *sigh* but Anton took care of it...i don't mind the things he does to protect his family. He is the Boss and he needs to take his enemies down. Good thing Vine's pregnancy went smoothly despite some major bumps along the way. Another entertaining sequel. The kind that was entertaining enough to make me wanna go on and know how this will all end since things are not yet safe for the mafia couple.
Elisabeth Sobek
This story just keeps getting better, which means that I'm losing more sleep! Vine and Anton are married in this part of the series. They are also expecting. Despite Anton's commitment to the Bratva, Vine and his family comes first. This is one of the most beautiful stories that I have read of a couple anxiously awaiting their child. There are heartfelt and endearing scenes. There is a terrific amount of angst. Well worth reading!
Can't Wait!! 2 7 May 31, 2014 04:22PM
  • Songbird
  • The Russian Temptation (Foreign Affairs, #2)
  • Nikolai, Volume 2 (Her Russian Protector, #6)
  • Confessed (Vargas Cartel, #3)
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, Book 2)
  • Cold Mark (Mark, #1)
  • For Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #2)
  • Saving Anya (The Medlov Crime Family, #4)
  • The Final Hour (Volkov Bratva, #3)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Just a Little Taste, #2)
  • Follow Me When the Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines #5)
  • Hold My Heart (The Heart Series #1)
  • Dark Chase (Gunrunner, #2)
  • Death's Shadow
  • Russian Enforcer's Reluctant Bride (Russian Enforcers, #1)
  • The Army of Mab (Lords of Arcadia, #4)
  • Blood Legacy (Blood Legacy, #1)
  • Revenge (Blood and Honor, #1)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to three young sons, one cat, and two dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new
More about Bethany-Kris...

The Russian Guns (6 books)
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)
  • The Jersey Vignettes: A Russian Guns Novella (The Russian Guns, #6)