Start by marking “The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)
Preview

The Life (The Russian Guns #2)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  333 ratings  ·  26 reviews
*Please Note, The Life is not a standalone title. The first book in The Russian Guns series (The Arrangement) should be read before the second book*

The mafia life is a dangerous one revolving around honor, duty, and greed—a troublesome thing like love isn’t meant to play a part, but no one follows the rules.

Surrounded by men waiting for the Russian mob boss to show weaknes
Published August 2nd 2014 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about The Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life

ღTierraღ
This book shows a wonderful new chapter in Anton and Vine's life together as they prepare for the birth of their first child. I loved continuing to see Anton and Vine grow in their relationship although secrets need to be kept between them to ensure Vine's safety. In this book readers see a new side to Anton as he battles the betrayal of a brigadier, the failing health of his father and mentor, and adding a new title to his long list..Father. Viviana continues to make me fall more and more in lo ...more
Ashley
too many tears were shed. too many.
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Unfortunately for me this is one of those reviews that is hard to write without giving away spoilers so I am going to be purposefully vague in this review. Everything that I loved about this story would give things away! I will have to just say that The Life was an excellent continuation of The Arrangement. If you are a fan of contemporary mob stories this series is definitely a need to read.

I enjoyed that a large part of the book deals with the building of trust between Vine and Anton as well
Soshi_fan
If you love mob/mafia novels you need to read this series. It hits all the right spots. The only downside is the wait for the third and final novel. There's a sneak peak at the end of this novel that leaves the reader at the edge of her seat.5+ stars for this one.
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Wow I can't get my head to stop spinning around. The author has once again blew me away with another great novel. I'm happy to say I have a new favorite author to add to my ever growing list. The main characters are out of this world wonderful, you can't get enough of the romance you end up craving more and more. :) The story seems like it has multiple POVs but really its just the way it reads. I do however recommend that you read book 1 first as it all blends rather well together.

***I received
Kerri McLaughlin
I have been harassing Bethany-Kris for this book since the moment I finished the Arrangement. Anton and Vine are probably one of my favorite mafia couples and I just can't get enough of them! The Life picks up a few months after The Arrangement left off and in true Bethany Kris fashion it is jam caked with drama and suspense. This story took some surprising turns that left me panicking; I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Vine is diagnosed with gestational diabetes and being pregnant her emot
Lauren Taylor
I am so mad @ myself for reading this book so fast but it was soooooo good, I just couldn't put it down. This book begins a few months after book 1 ended, with Vine in her last trimester & she and Anton are now married. They are blissfully happy but a series of strange events begin to concern Anton & then Vine is diagnosed with gestational diabetes so he keeps all of his concerns from her. This leads to tension & hurt feelings especially with Vine's hormones out of whack. Wow....it's ...more
tyrianpurple
Boring.
Bored me to the sleep. And i forced myself to finish this book.

In 30% end, the story began to develop into something more interesting.
The majority of this book tells us about the progession of trust between Vine-Anton. Plus all the pregnancy issues.

Even at the more interesting part, it gave major dissapointment, like,
#1
the most anticipated war scene is being cut out. after teasing ME, more than half of the book. just like that? ok.
#2
Also, the labor scene is being cut out. so then whats le
Erin Tanner
This was a fantastic sequel. I loved how the story picked up with the lives of Anton and Vine. The author paints a clear picture of how much these two love and care for one another. I also really appreciated that even though we can clearly see that Anton is a man who loves his wife and will do anything to show her, the author wasn't afraid to show his ruthless side and all of the bloodiness associated with living "the life." The author does a great job of making you root for Anton despite knowin ...more
Wendy Koenig
Sexy, steamy, romantic, and thoroughly tough. I love this book, but I read it out of order. Now I have to go back and read the first book. HAVE TO. Good job. Good author.
Mellisa Demille
I love this mafia series so in these days!!!
Sweet N Sassy Book A Holics
"I'll always defend you"
5 Stars
~~~Zarah's Review~~~

The second book in the Russian Guns series this book flowed seamlessly and was every bit as exciting, entertaining and HOT as The Arrangement. This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole way

This story picks up after the threat to Viviana from the Cosa Nostra is gone and the couple are awaiting the birth of their first child, the new Little Prince. All the usual anxieties that normal new parents face are intensified because as we know Anton
Geneva Handleman
While the first book in this series truly captured my attention as well as my heart, this one was not as action packed. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, though. It was still as wonderful and heartwarming and romantic and sexy as the first book. Maybe more so even, as it concentrated more on their relationship and less on his business.

Written so that it can easily be a stand alone story, it imperfect for anyone who likes soul mates, hot steamy sex scenes, and a truly loyal, loving man. The auth
Crystal
Everyone is excited for the Bratva Prince to make an appearance especially Anton. Always protective of Vine, he is even more so now. When odd happenings start becoming common place there is need for concern. While ever the overprotective, Anton also has to learn that Vine may be the Bratva Queen now, but she started as a hard nose Cosa Nostra Princess and learned how to sharpen her edge.

This book is full of everything that made me fall in love with this couple to begin with. As hard nose and dea
Joymzz
My god! I totally forgot what rating I gave the first one but this book was out of this world. I honestly love every minute of. I just can't get over all of the emotions I got out of this one. Great ending also.
I already read the review of book 3 and it's flipping scary! I can't see Anton in jail, I just can't. Sigh. But no matter what I can't wait to read it.
Sonya
A superior follow up to Book 1, The Arrangement. It seems to me the author truly dotted all of the "I's" and crossed all of the "T's".
My Secret Book Spot
“The Life (The Russian Guns #2)” by Bethany-Kris
5 out of 5 stars

It’s time to head back into the world of the mafia elite with this second installment in The Russian Guns series by Bethany-Kris. The passionate love story of Anton and Viviana continues to play out inside these pages along with a good dose of intrigue and betrayal.

Anton and Vine are married now and closer than ever. There are exciting changes on their horizon as they explore what it means to be a family. Unfortunately there is no r
Belinda
I like this series though I see a few editing errors that should have been caught.

I love that it is not told in first person and you can see things from both points of view. If you watch for the clues along the way, you can figure out who the bad guys are fairly easily.

Can't wait to read the 3rd book. The characters are well rounded and well developed. Though I would like to see more of the two of them in public together. You don't see a lot of public interaction with them. Would love to see a
Hayley Faiman
Loved this second installment! Can't wait to start the 3rd!
Khanique McDaniel
I am conflicted after reading this novel because not only did I assume the story was done but that last scene has me sweating and unsure if I wanna read book 3. Seems Bethany and myself has confrontation issues.

I love the Avdonin's and I don't like the possibility of meeting a grown Demyan under those circumstances. Plus, I always like to give this series a break before I dive in to the next, as It allows me time to process and decide on what I just read.

Those who follow my reviews will notice
LailaBC
Well i knew that Tatiana b*tch was coming back *sigh* but Anton took care of it...i don't mind the things he does to protect his family. He is the Boss and he needs to take his enemies down. Good thing Vine's pregnancy went smoothly despite some major bumps along the way. Another entertaining sequel. The kind that was entertaining enough to make me wanna go on and know how this will all end since things are not yet safe for the mafia couple.
Samantha
This one moved slow in parts. Vine and Anton have a lot of things to deal with. The tension built in this book and things started to happen in the later half. The teaser for book 3 just stunned me. I can't wait for it to come out.
Rasha Hanna
Love the series

I love the series. It's action packed with hotter love scenes and great family atmosphere. cannot wait for the next book. please please please release it soon.
aeyc
Still 5 Amazing Stars! Enough said!
Abahri
I really enjoyed this Mafia book!
Janee
Loved Anton!!!! This story and series is become one of my obsessions!!!!
Anja
Nov 19, 2014 Anja marked it as dnf
Shelves: b-f
DNF at 32%. Nothing is happening and I'm so bored.
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Cydney
Cydney added it
Apr 23, 2015
Zaini
Zaini marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Can't Wait!! 2 6 May 31, 2014 04:22PM
  • Songbird
  • Nikolai, Volume 2 (Her Russian Protector, #6)
  • The Vendetta (Blood Vows, #1)
  • The Beautiful People (The New Mafia Trilogy, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
  • High Stakes (Vittorio Crime Family, #1)
  • Destino
  • Forged in Fire (The Vessel Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)
  • Hear Me When the Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines #6)
  • Namesake (Voiders, #1)
  • Explicit Instruction (Explicit, #1)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimison, #3)
  • Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Redemption (Deviant, #2)
  • For Fallon (Chicago Syndicate, #1)
  • Deep, Hard, and Rough
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to three young sons, one cat, and two dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.
More about Bethany-Kris...

The Russian Guns (5 books)
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)
The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1) Filthy Marcellos: Lucian (Filthy Marcellos, #1) The Score (The Russian Guns, #3) Filthy Marcellos: Giovanni (Filthy Marcellos, #2) Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)