Start by marking “Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 1

Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 1

(Bee and Puppycat #1)

Natasha Allegri's smash hit YouTube animated series comes to comic books!

A quirky new take on the magical girl genre with Bee, the forever unemployed main character who can't seem to figure out life, and the mysterious PuppyCat, a stray...whatever it is...that she stumbled across who has a powerful secret. You might already love it if you're one of the thousands who suppor
Published August 21st 2015 by KaBOOM! (first published April 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 1

Sam Quixote
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
(My original review was for Bee and Puppycat #1, a single issue, but then Bee and Puppycat Volume 1, which collects issues #1-4, got added to the same listing. To make matters not at all confusing, they’ve now been separated with #1 getting its separate listing and Volume 1 now being listed alone – with my review of #1 on the wrong page! So what follows first is my review of Volume 1 for March 2015 and the one after that is my original review for issue #1 from July 2014. Oh, Goodreads librarians ...more
Victoria ♡
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-comics
(I haven't seen any of the cartoon so...that might be why I didn't get the plot really.)

This was a super cute comic, the art is beautiful and the colour palette is adorable. I won't be carrying on with it any time soon though because the story didn't make too much sense and it was more of a collection of singles.

What I did love though is in issue #2 with the QR codes! How they lead to the music of the music boxes was such a nice touch and added to the reading experience!
Isa Lavinia
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I watched all the eps and the pilot, so I just had to check the comics... and they're so cute as well!!
Really hope we get to go back to the Space Outlaw story, and also see more of Deckard in the next issues.
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I'm super sad to say that this comic was generally not for me. Although the illustrations were colourful and often fun to look at, I struggled to fully connect with the storyline and characters.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
pros:
- the art is beautiful
- these color palettes are A++++
- puppycat is hilarious with or without context

cons:
- even as someone who HAS seen some of the cartoon, this makes very little sense, and I feel like it would make NO SENSE AT ALL to the average person who picks this up without knowing it's a cartoon series as well
- no cohesion WHATSOEVER to these little story snippets

This is one of the most unexpectedly disappointing reads of the year, geez.
Melanie
I love the Bee and Puppycat cartoon, so when I learned that there were graphic novels, I knew I had to get them. The art is adorable and the stories fun. Said stories actually don't follow up from the end of the animate series, but rather is an addition to the stream of adventures. That said, it's a nice addition to my collection, and if you enjoyed watching the animation, then you will certainly love this volume!
Mehsi
Just as a note: I never heard, or seen the Bee and Puppycat cartoon/youtube videos/whatever. I just saw this graphic novel/comic while searching for new ones, and I loved the art and the description. After this, I might check them out, as I am highly confused about stuff happening in this one.

Because, yes, like I have noticed quite a few times lately with comics, you just get thrown in head first and then told to have fun. I still have fun, but I am getting tired of the silent requirement to jus
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm a little disappointed that the comics did nothing to expand on Bee's character traits, instead thy just focused on how lazy, hungry and poor she was. But the art styles were beautiful and I love these two so much!
KimberlyRose
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
The first half (50 or so pages) was exceptional: colourful, quirky, brimming with creative story-telling and a surprising, thinking emotional punch. Four stars!

The second half? Like the tracks suddenly stopped and my circus train ride jarred into shocked disappointment that was definitely full-stop unfun.

It felt like a rip-off, because although the guest artists were all talented in their own rights, to set them to the task of crafting stories and art based on the original creator of Puppycat's
✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile
I didn’t know there was a cartoon for this... probably why I don’t get the plot (if there was any) but the art styles were really cute.
Maddie
Jul 18, 2016 added it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I really enjoyed the shorts, but I was expecting more of a continuous comic so I'm looking forward to Volume 2! The art style is beauuutiful too!
Wendi Lee
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

So I really had no idea that Bee and Puppycat was a web series. I’ve seen merchandise on We Love Fine, and even own a Puppycat plushy (super cute!), but my knowledge of what it was was limited to the website I mentioned above. That said, I jumped at the chance to read the first collection of the comics. And I loved it!

Bee is a mystical temp worker, and Puppycat is her magical, mysterious pet. I’m assuming the web series gives us the background of how they met, but not knowing didn’t d
Karen
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
There can never be enough Bee and Puppycat. NEVER.
(Seriously thinking about cosplaying Bee at my work's con this summer...)
Ashley Rose
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I LOVED the interaction in this graphic novel with the QR codes. The music was beautiful and I loved seeing the different art styles throughout the different stories.
The end with all the cover art was also incredible. Really liked this quick read.
Bonnie
I love Bee and Puppycat. I want more of that show... all the time. And so when I found out that there was a Bee and Puppycat comic, I waited eagerly for the first volume. These stories are adorable, funny, and have the same quirky, charming characters from the show. Each artist brings their own style to the table, playing with Natasha Allegri's creation. Some stories here are stronger than others, and I found myself wanting more. Since there are only a handful of episodes, and a lot of hinted ba ...more
Gabriella Crivilare
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Extra star specifically for the art itself--I expected this to be a compilation of sequential comic issues rather than a collection of one-shots, but that's on me. Nevertheless, I did enjoy Bee's food-focused adventures; I just wish there had been a much longer one included.
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
THIS WAS SO FRICKEN CUTE
Lata
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not terribly familiar with is series, but decided to check out this volume. Bee is not particularly ambitious, in fact, she's pretty lazy, and all she seems to think about is eating sweet things. I can understand the sweet cravings... : ) Puppycat is perpetually frowning and I thought he was cute.
So Bee and Puppycat have adventures with each task assigned to them by an AI. Not much happens in this collection of stories, but I liked Bee's cheerfulness and optimism, and I liked the happy feel
Nikki
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. THIS IS THE FREAKING SWEETEST! Okay, so I 100% recommend you watch the youtube episodes before you read this. This comic isn't really meant to standalone, but rather show snapshots of the characters from the show.

Bee and Puppycat is this absurd little creation that manages to be as relatable as it is strange. We have magical music boxes and otherworldly creatures, paired with the all too familiar experience of having to clean an overwhelmingly messy house, or rush to pick up somethin
Natalie (CuriousReader)
Feb 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I love everything about Natasha Allegri's style and concept for Bee and Puppycat! Unfortunately only the first story in this volume is actually created by her - and for those of us who've already watched the Bee & Puppycat episodes in video format, it offers nothing new. The rest of the stories were a mix of mediocere and bad, with the one or two sortof-fun exceptions. I was so disappointed with this - I was really hoping to see more of Allegri's brilliance - but as said the bulk of the volu ...more
Andrew
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Check out the Bee and Puppycat shorts on Cartoon Hangover. If you don’t like them then this comic is not for you. If you do like them, then yes, buy this comic. It’s definitely a fun and enjoyable read.

Click for full review
Chloë ( *ˊᵕˋ)
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally add comics/graphic novels but since I love Bee and Puppycat so much and I got my issue in the post today I just wanted to add it.

Loving the colours and style, so beautiful.
Murphy
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I put aside some time to read this volume only because I was planning on selling it, but it's so enjoyable I'm no longer sure I actually want to.

Like the original source material they come from, these comics are cutesy and humorous while still carrying a surreal vibe to them. Most of the stories included are really short and they don't have much of an ongoing plot, so they're relaxing and easy to read. Each new story also has a different artist, so we get to see the characters in varying styles
Brooke Banks
I got this in a Humble Bundle of comics. I hadn't heard or seen this before, which surprised me given all the accomplishments in the blurb.

Bee and Puppycat reminds me a lot of Adventure Time in that I didn't understand what was going on, it jumped around a lot seemingly randomly and it took awhile to grow on me. Maybe it makes more sense for those already familiar, but as a total newcomer not so much.

It's cute. I like the art style and aesthetic. The mini-story about Puppycat getting Bee food
Ashley
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely collection of adventures. The absolute best use of QR codes, completely validated QR codes as a technology of any use whatsoever. What a pleasure! There has not been a book that has made an exclamation point visibly jump out of the top of my head for all to see so much as this one has. I showed it to everyone who came within 10 feet of this book for the next 24 hours after reading it. Amazing.

Recommended for fans of the show, but anyone who is interested in the magical adventures o
Damarcia ♡
🌟🌟🌟 out of 5!

Colorful, cute and slightly confusing?

I'm a big fan of Bee and Puppycat. I've watched the entire web series. I've even cosplayed as Bee to NYCC. When I found out there were graphic novels for the series, I searched far and wide to get them but could never find the first volume. Luckily, as you can see with this review, I found it!

This was a very cute and quick read. The different styles of artwork throughout this graphic novels pages was stunning. Each different from the next but t
Rebecca
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Really cute and I loved the art style, but as someone who hasn't seen the YouTube series, I found it hard to keep track of the storyline.

I'm definitely intrigued enough to suss out the YouTube series, but as a standalone comic, I found it to be very lacking in coherency.
Valéria.
May 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Naaah. First pages caught me for few minutes and then I forced myself to finish it. Though I recommend to any girl with age 13-17 who has two free hours to read it.
Valerie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
The art was cute but what.... was going on..... too nonsensical for me tbh
Lucy Lowe
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The art style was so cute but I wish there was more of a story line

• Bee and Puppycat Vol. 3
  • Bravest Warriors Vol. 2
  • Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems
  • Steven Universe, Vol. 2
  • Hacktivist
  • Jonesy, Vol. 1
  • Steven Universe Vol. 1
  • Adventure Time: Seeing Red (Adventure Time OGN, #3)
  • Help Us! Great Warrior
  • Adventure Time: Candy Capers
  • Adventure Time: Pixel Princesses  (Adventure Time OGN, #2)
  • Kevin Keller: Welcome to Riverdale
  • Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens
  • Zodiac Starforce Volume 1: By the Power of Astra
  • Adventure Time: Fionna & Cake Card Wars
  • Rat Queens Special: Braga #1
  • Adventure Time Vol. 2
  • Spera, Volume 1
Natasha Allegri is an American writer, storyboard revisionist, and comic book artist. She is best known for her work as a storyboard revisionist for Cartoon Network's Adventure Time. She is also the creator of the comic book and animated series Bee and Puppycat.

Bee and Puppycat (3 books)
  • Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 2