Start by marking “900 Meilen” as Want to Read:
900 Meilen

900 Meilen

(900 Miles #1)

John ist ein Killer. Das war er nicht immer. Er war ein Geschäftsmann – vor der Apokalypse.
Als sich die Toten plötzlich erheben, ist er in New York gefangen und es beginnt ein grauenvoller 900-Meilen-Wettlauf gegen die Zeit, als John versucht, zu seiner Frau zu gelangen.
Schnell muss er feststellen, dass die Zombies das Geringste seiner Probleme sind. Hautnah erlebt er die
Published 2014 by Luzifer Verlag (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 900 Meilen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 900 Meilen

Start your review of 900 Meilen
Justin Crowe
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... That was awesome and I'm not a fan of the zombie genre. While it isn't going to win any literary awards, it doesn't need to. It does its job very very well. Its very easy to read and very entertaining. I liked the uncomplicatedness of the writing style that communicated the action and tension just enough to enable it to flow to the extent that this book is the very example of a 'page turner'. You really find yourself involved and immersed in Kyle and John's journey. I had to look up from ...more
Camille
In my oh so humble opinion, there aren't a ton of really good zombie books. But I would say this is definitely one! It is told in a sort of past tense but it still builds excitement and tension. It was definitely a good read. The ending got me though.

I really liked John and Kyle as characters. Guess I need to check out the next book.
Bryan
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: survival
Popcorn read.
I enjoyed the fast read. The author has good pacing without getting bogged down in details. The book sets up a good basis for future stories and the characters have potential to develop.

Enjoyable.
Bridget
Nov 05, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Donna
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride this one was! A new threat at every turn, just how I like my zombie stories. But as you might imagine the largest threat, after you learn to take down the zombies, is really other people. John finds out about the zombies overtaking humanity while in his office in New York. He manages to escape and save a helicopter pilot after he crashes and the two of them become a great team. They also meet up with Michael, an older guy who appears to have a ticket to get into a special place he ...more
chucklesthescot
This was actually a decent zombie adventure but from page one I just hated the two MCs which made it very tough to root for them. They start trapped in an office building together as people die around them, and make their esvcape from the city with the help of armed men who get them out. It is on the road that they help an injured man who claims to have tickets to a mysterious safe compound where they can safely wait out the apocalypse. John thinks a short stay there to get help with a rescue ...more
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)

I received this book to review from the Author. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated in any way for providing them.

Review:

To say John is having a bad day would be an understatement, trapped in one of the world's largest cities at the start of the zombie apocalypse John must make it out of the city alive and home to his pregnant wife located several hundred miles away. Unfortunately for John with worldwide communication shady at best and transportation at a standstill this proves to
AudioBookReviewer
ABR's full 900 Miles: A Zombie Novel audiobook review can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

I love zombie books, But I approach each book like this download I found called “ONE but the only one.”

It’s a 100 song compilation of the song “ONE ” by U2, There are every kind of musical approach to the song. Some are good some are painful. They all have more or less the same words, but how each artist has done something with those words makes all the difference.

900 Miles is a great story about people, and
Dave
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-zombies
What a pleasant surprise this was indeed. I took a shot in the dark on this book when I stumbled across it, but I’m so happy I did . Full disclosure I’m not a huge Zombie Genre fan but I’ve enjoyed the Walking Dead Series so I’m starting to dip my toe into the zombie genre pool and find some others which lead me to this one. This was fast paced, fun, but it pauses enough to add thoughtful human insights to the situations we find the main characters in which I like a lot. You really get to feel a ...more
J Shearer
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zomies-read
First: Please, keep in mind this book is almost written as if it was a diary of the main character. That said, if you were writing your story of fighting through Zombies and the terrible monsters that actual humans can become, your grammar and spelling would probably not be top notch either- could this author have left the mistakes for a reason? that said...

This was a very original story of a man and his journey to get back home, where he has a real reason to go. And the reason is not exactly to
Karli
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. I'm sort of a snob when it comes to zombie books, I'll admit, but I can also appreciate a good fluff read as well. So I was super excited to get this book and I read it in just over a day. This book leaves much to be desired in its literary qualities, but it's a fast-paced cinematic read. In short: good for a quick, mindless action-packed read; not good if you're looking for something deep or new in the zombie genre. It's plot driven and high on action, ...more
Darren Dilnott
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If i could give this book 6 stars then i would easily. I read some nonsense review previously about this book particularly what the reviewer seemed as political. As us Brits would say "utter cobblers"
900 miles is brilliantly written, and in response to the 1 star reviewer, ive ready a lot of non fiction theory of what may happen after a potential apocalypse, and they are in no doubt, that the wealthy would find themselves in a much better position. And they'd use their power. And everyone knows
Richelle
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, audio-book
This book defiantly deserves way more than 5 stars !

I had to listen to this book because I could not get my hands on a copy of it ...

One of the best Zombie books I have ever read/listened to...
I would have to rate it #2, with the walking dead in 1st!
But it's a very close race!

What a phenomenal book!
-Crazy on the edge of your seat action!
-Tons of suspense..
-And most importantly LOTZ of ZOMBIES!

Beautiful written and executed!
Loved and hated the ending...
Loved it because it was crazy and hated
John
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not horrible, not good.

Kinda zombie lite. I liked the story more than the delivery. I felt the fight scenes were rather high on the dramatic for me, but it is written from the perspective of a corporate world guy.

******** Spoiler *******

Really, did the author have to kill the wife? That was a turn off, no reason for it. The gladiator scene.. very cliche. Now that I think more about it... 1.5 stars.
Kim Moffeit grant
I loved this book. John and Kyle were characters I cared about. I was disappointed when the book was done but enjoyed the letter from Tyler, John's son, as a little wrap up. Before I was even done reading the book I was checking here on Amazon for a second one and sorry that there isn't a second book as I enjoyed it so. It was action packed right up until the end but also allowed for the characters to have depth so you could care about them.
Candice Mckinney
John is on a business trip in New York when the world falls apart. He is 900 miles away from his wife and all he can think is that he has to get to her. When the zombies first start to appear John meets Kyle. They form a friendship and work well together to fight their way from one bad situation to the next.

It is hard to go wrong with zombies! S. Johnathan Davis does a great job. Throughly enjoyed this book!
Damson Olley
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! I just finished reading this and I *loved* it! I love Kyle and John and everything that they go through. My only criticisms are that it wasn't quite beefy enough and could have been longer (more to read and love) and that the next one isn't here for me to read! Read it now, it's really worth it, whether you're a fan of the genre or not :)
Wulfwyn
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was wowed by this book. I liked John and Kyle. The book is almost like reading a diary. Excellent action and the right amount of tension. I really liked the commentary of greed in a corporate world. I thought it really reflects on society. Tyler's letter was an awesome addition and a unique way of letting us know there would another book.
Jamie Eastman
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

Certainly one of the better ones that I've read recently, and I've read a lot, I'm assuming this is a series just because of the way it ended, if it is then I'll definitely keep reading.
Dawn
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is that I loved this book. I was looking for something to pass the time until Season 5 of "The Walking Dead" started up. This totally fit the bill. The end was a total shocker. I am ready for the next book to come out in the next 2 weeks.
Angela Verdenius
Loved this book! Twists and turns, but the hero remained focussed on where he was heading. The ending was like - oh no! But I won't tell you why >:-), let's just say I'm hoping it will continue and not be the end of this particular story.
Matt Salomone
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Didn't know what to expect. The first drunken thought that hit my mind was the lead singer of KORN was writing a zombie book and therefor I automatically assumed it was going to be complete garbage like all of their albums.

Great read.
Jan
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book in this genre, good story line, not just a constant killing zombies story, although plenty of that of course. A really likeable and believable main character with added dark humour throughout. Will definately read the sequel when that comes out.
Elliot
May 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This dude only writes so he can complain about fat people. Not sure why he bothered trying to create a story, he could’ve just written “I hate fat people” 500 times and it would have been the same book.
Diane Douglas
Not as good as The Proclaimers version.
Patty P
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I could hardly put it down very fast pace I was soo emotional the way it ended can't wait till the next book.
Kym
Loads of spelling and grammatical errors. Stilted writing. Predictable clichés. Not good.
Joanna
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very funny and fast paced. Can't wait for the next one! Best part...no romance! Just zombie/survivor chaos!!
Alice Anne
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not the survival of the fittest, it is the survival of the richest.
Marie Sieloff
I loved it. It's a great zombie action horror story.
« previous 1 3 next »
Apocalypse Whenever: ANNOUNCING 900 Miles: A Zombie Novel 9 59 Jul 01, 2013 08:55AM
Future Survivors,...: ANNOUNCING 900 Miles: A Zombie Novel 7 37 Jun 26, 2013 10:51AM
Indie Book Club: New Book: 900 Miles: A Zombie Novel 4 21 Jun 26, 2013 10:50AM

• Antidote (Red Plague, #2)
  • Alone
  • Fools' Apocalypse: Apocalypse Sci Fi Thriller (Last Virus Book 1)
  • Blood at the Premiere
  • Kick (Jenkins Cycle, #1)
  • Deceptive Cadence (Cadence, #1)
  • Fool's Ride (Jenkins Cycle, #2)
  • Lock & Key
  • Phase One: Identify (Territory of the Dead, #1)
  • Obsession
  • One Second After (After, #1)
  • The Last Thing I Told You
  • Survival (After It Happened #1)
  • Captive: A Mother's Crusade to Save Her Daughter from the Terrifying Cult Nxivm
  • Lands of Lost Borders: Out of Bounds on the Silk Road
  • Do You Mind If I Cancel? (Things That Still Annoy Me)
  • The Monster Hunter's Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Saving Mankind from Vampires, Zombies, Hellhounds, and Other Mythical Beasts
S. Johnathan Davis has been published by Severed Press, Kings Way Press and Luzifer-Verlag. He is best known for publishing apocalyptic horror.

Davis released his first novel, 900 Miles, in January of 2013. The book debuted as number one on Amazon’s top new books for weeks after the initial launch, and remained in the top 100 in Occult Horror on Amazon for over 8 months.

In addition to being a

900 Miles (2 books)
  • 900 Minutes (900 Miles #2)
“Man always seemed to be as dangerous, if not more, than the creatures running around outside.” 0 likes
“Apparently, even zombies will run over each other to get their prize.” 0 likes