Start by marking “A is for Abstinence (V is for Virgin #2)” as Want to Read:
A is for Abstinence (V is for Virgin #2)

A is for Abstinence

(V is for Virgin #2)

"It may have been four years, Kyle, but that doesn’t mean I don’t remember how you operate."

I snatched her hand as she reached to open the door to the studio. I wasn’t ready to end this moment alone with her. "You don’t think I’ve learned a few things since then?"

She smirked and shook her head. "New tricks. Same dog."

It was impossible not to take her words as a chall
Published May 12th 2014 by Bluefields

Start your review of A is for Abstinence (V is for Virgin #2)
MischaS_
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-finished
EDIT: I just went through my e-reader and this was marked as "read". Honestly, I cannot remember what it was about or that I ever read this.

Original review:
Yes, I'm preparing for my exams... well, I'm not. Never mind. :D So, I have to say that this was way better than V is for Virgin. And guess why.
Val was still there (bad) but we didn't have to listen to her inner monologues about how awesome, pure and good she's! (Awesome!)
So yeah, Kyle's mind is much better. :)
Anyway, I would love Val to
Kelly Oram
Apr 23, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
We have a cover! Woot woot!
Christine Alibutud
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“It’s beautiful, but what does the K stand for?”

“Kiss me.”

description

F IS FOR FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS BOOK WAS JUST THE PERFECT CURE TO MY READING HIATUS!!!!!!! CHEERS TO A GREAT AND FUN BOOK, Kelly Oram!!!
description

Before I babble on how much and why I love this book so much, I just want to acknowledge the fact that this book contained a whole lot of Kyle Hamilton...

Plus, it was even in his POV...

And just like that...
description

Oh yeah, a little reminder, if you want to read this book but you haven't read the
Paige  Bookdragon
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who loves a fluffy romance
Recommended to Paige by: Rachel E. Carter
Actually,I rarely read New Adult books because :

1. The characters are close on my age level.
2. The characters do some idiotic things, in which if I look at them closely, I can see that there's a possibility that I can relate and I'll do it too if given a chance and I don't like it when I realize that I do stupid things...
3. I hate idiotic characters.

But why on God's green earth did I read this book?!
I blame Rachel for that...

This is the second book of V is for Virgin and when Valerie was the on
Paula
Aug 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
P is for Predictable.
Henz
This is the sequel to V is for Virgin novel of Kelly Oram and I'm just happy that she made a follow-up because the ending to that first novel was no way satisfying and it was such a cliffhanger.

I love Kyle Hamilton so much even though he was such an ass and I'm glad that this book is his POV.

I was able to understand him more and believe me I swoon over him and the song he made was really cheesy but at the same time sweet when you read it.

You ask me to wait, don’t know if I can, Too sc

Rahmi
5 ’P IS FOR PERFECT’ STARS!

description

OHMYGOD KYLE HAMILTON, SERIOUSLY YOU ARE DA BEST.

description

When I read the first book, I wasn’t sure what to make of Kyle. Well yes, I didn’t like Kyle but I didn’t hate him either. So I guess Kyle was a neutral character for me back then, but now after I finished reading this book, he’s become one of book boyfriends that I love. Seriously, I didn’t expect him to be sweet and thoughtful yet still an arrogant himself like the old Kyle.

“Marry me,” I said. I sounded as astonis

Burn
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Feather-light
As much as this book was much better and much amusing than the first one, V is for Virgin, I am one of the people who vote that it was much better if this book wasn’t written. I think that the ending for V is for Virgin is good enough, leaving things as they are, letting the audience in bit of a hang and in surge of imagination on what would happen.

This book shows what happens after four years Kyle and Val haven’t seen each other. For a point, Kyle was a much more amusing narrator
Don
She smirked and shook her head. “New tricks. Same dog.”

It was impossible not to take her words as a challenge. I pushed her back until she was pinned against the door and leaned in close enough that our breaths mingled. Her eyes snapped wide the same way they always had whenever I’d invaded her personal space, and I watched, satisfied, as she sucked in a lung full of air and held it.

“That mentality will be your downfall this time around, Val.” I leaned in, letting my lips linger at her jawline
Grüffeline
Not as good as the first one. Rtc
Abbie
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
"You ask me to wait, don’t know if I can
Too scared to lose, I’m only a man
But I can’t let you go, can’t shut the
door
Heart’s telling me you’re worth waiting
for

You ask me to wait, don’t know if I can
Too scared to lose, I’m only a man
Bring on the torture, forever and more
’Cause girl it’s true, you’re worth
waiting for”

I had thoroughly enjoyed V is for Virgin. So when I heard about the second installment --- and in Kyle Hamilton's point of view no less --- I was over the moon!

Fresh from his heartbrea
Noura
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

S is for Sigh<3,
S is for Some things are worth waiting for.
Loved this book.
I couldn't stop reading, I felt like I'm meeting old friends and they are re-telling me their story on how they got their happy ending.

I LOVE Kelly, she's the cutest author ever, love her and love all her work
Amaka
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the bad boy rock star, Kyle's POV.
Come on Legs don't go to waste
I could be your only saving grace
Put those morals on the backburner
Something tells me you're a fast learner.

Kyle is officially the craziest and funniest character that I've encountered in a book. This duology definitely blew me away. I loved everything about it.
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think we all knew what was going to happen in this book. It doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. I mean was pretty corny…

No bring that corn back, because I loved this book anyways! Sure it was kind of predictable, but you know what?

Kyle is still swoon-worthy and amazing.

Even more so, because he is actually serious about being with Val this time. Oh Kyle… you can write me a song anytime. I have to admit though, I was a little passive-aggressive towards him in the beginning of this book,
Katerina
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
F is for Feelings

"Give me a day. Just today. If that works, then give me tomorrow."
My dear Kyle,I would give you every single day of my life and you wouldn't even have to ask!!

You ask me to wait, don’t know if I can
Too scared to lose, I’m only a man
But I can’t let you go, can’t shut the door
Heart’s telling me you’re worth waiting for

After the last book I read,I was drowning in sorrow and despair.My heart was so heavy I needed a distraction,a huge one.And boom! Kelly Oram did it!She is
Kathy
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
A is for Abstinence is the sequel to V is for Virgin and is told completely from Kyle's point of view. If you have not read V is for Virgin you should definitely read it first. The back-story is necessary to full appreciate this book.

Personally I loved Val & Kyle so was way excited to read the continuation of their story. I was not disappointed. This was a book I couldn't put down.

A is for Abstinence arrived in my inbox a mere 6 hours ago and I have already read it. I loved it and didn't put it
Rachel
Kyle & Val: The Sequel
The characters have grown up over the course of four years and have matured a ton. The best part of this book is that is doesn't take place in a high school!!

Singing isn't just what I do; it's who I am. I love it

This was SO cute! I am glad this entire book is written in Kyle's POV. He comes off as a total douche in V is for Virgin. Now we can understand the reasons behind his actions, which makes him a lot more appealing. Plus, he has matured 1000x over the years. However b
Janine
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't erase my smile from my face all through out reading this. Kyle Hamilton just blew my mind. He's the most romantic book boyfriend ever! (as of the moment!!!!). He's just epic

His abstinence proved his love for Virgin Val. And admitting the hardships and difficulties with his situation made me melt for him. He was so honest with his feeling to Val. And it almost made me pull Val's hair out for doubting his feelings. That Abstinence challenge was a great step for him. His ways of proving his
Suraya (thesuraya)
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

This is the first book of Kelly Oram that i truly enjoyed and love so that is saying something

V is for Virgin is okay but A is for Abstinence IS BEYOND AMAZING IT HAS THE PEEFECT AMOUNT OF CUTENESS HOTNESS EVERYTHINGNESS

Is it possible to marry a book (or a character bcs I totally dig Kyle Hamilton), anyone ???
Lenore Kosinski

4.5 stars -- Initial thoughts when I turned the page to the end: OMG OMGOMG!!! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!! Then I glanced at some other people's reviews (which is a bad habit that I have to break), reflected on it as a whole, and realized there were some things that bothered me. But since you really can't beat that initial feeling of LOVE at the end of a book, I'm going to give it that extra bump up a half star anyways.

What I loved: OK, so I am a SUCKER
Amara
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: na-ya
Welp. Val is still a prude. After a terrible time jump sequence, we find Val a college graduate who seems shocked that she can't hold a serious relationship down because she won't have sex. Shocking.

Again, as I said in the first book review, having sex and sleeping around indiscriminately are two totally different things.

After some time, Kyle comes back to Val. They date for awhile, but Val is cold, and only dates him superficially. They have almost zero intimate moments (I don't mean physical i
Mehsi
Let's just say that I am disappointed. I was very excited for this book, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Kyle is pretty much the same as in the previous books, cocky, thinks the world is all about him and more. But I still liked him, and was pretty happy we finally got a book from his point of view.

However, I didn't like how everything revolved around sex. There was quite a lot of talk about sex/being turned on/etc.

Val, urgh, I liked her in the previous book, but in this book she was just ho
Boundless Book Reviews
A is for Abstinence, is one of those books that I wholeheartedly loved. There was much that was great about it.

Kyle Hamilton, is the ultimate book boyfriend. He’s sweet, caring, and wants something real. He’s cocky but I mean he’s like a rock god. I loved that A is from Kyle’s point of view because you get to see the real Kyle. Who is dangerously in love with Val.

At first, I was starting to not like Val, but I understood where she is coming from. She wanted to stay true to her virtue, no matte
JadeShea
A is for Abstinence begins four years after the first book ended. Things with Kyle are completely different now. He had a fiance, and then he didn't He realizes that maybe sex isn't everything, and that the one girl who got away may not be that far away after all. Val on the other hand is just living life. She doesn't have many relationships with guys, and she's constantly working. When these two come back together sparks ignite, and the push all the limits this time. And they give the whole wor ...more
Raj
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars

It was pretty exciting at first and I hated the Idea that he fell in loveand was ready to commit, thank god his ex fiance made a huge mistake. It was okay at first, but around 30% of the story, I was bored so I continued for a little while, then around 44%, I couldn't take it and I just skipped and reading the 'wedding scene.'
Fatima
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
3/5 Second book in the V is for virgin series. The characters were typical and predictable, but amusing I enjoyed reading the book, but I did not find anything new or spectacular about the series. Overall though, I recommend it to someone who was looking for a lighthearted romance.
Caroline
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Well. It is over. I still don't know how to rate the first book or if 3 stars is right for this one. What I do know is that at least it was better than the V is for Virgin.

At least, it had relationships that lasted, which was a big difference from the first book.

I hope I don't see the word "virgin" so many times in the same book EVER again. I'm traumatized. Seriously.

I guess there was supposed to be a nice message about 'waiting to do it' 'till you're ready... But it only was highly annoying.

A i
Vintage
Well done sequel to V is for Virgin. A much more traditional romance than the first, it brings Val and Kyle back together.

After a pretty silly breakup with a cheating fiancee, Kyle meets up with Val. Val the virgin stays committed to her virgin pledge.

Mild steam but good character development.
Maureen
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the book! I wish there would have been an epilogue at the end though. Would have been nice to see where the were 5 years later.
Quirky Omega
I am going to describe the whole story in the form of gifs and images. Because words are not enough how hilariously stupid and thus enjoyable, I found the book at times.

From the first book we know Valerie's a proud virgin and we get to see others like her who want to stand up against peer pressure to have sex.

Soon we meet the cocky rockstar , Kyle Hamilton, who's piqued by Val's bluntness and ability to resist his charms. And so directs all his best cheesy lines at her.

Val definitely finds him

• Beat it up
  • It was Always You (Blakely Brüder, #1)
  • Benediction (Cattenach Ranch, #2)
  • When We Fall (LOVE NXT #2)
  • Love is Loud - Ich höre nur dich (Love is #1)
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • Crazy in Love (Weston-High-Reihe, #1)
  • Kiss Me Twice
  • When We Dream (LOVE NXT, #1)
  • Lovely Mistake (Bedford-Reihe, #2)
  • More Than This (Up All Night #3)
  • Lost Love (Gods of Ivy Hall, #2)
  • Hopelessly in Love (Weston-High-Reihe #2)
  • An Ocean Between Us (Between Us, #1)
  • Cursed Love: Roman
  • Stolen: Verwoben in Liebe
  • Redemption (Cattenach Ranch, #1)
  • Schattenblick (Midnight Chronicles #1)
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

V is for Virgin (2 books)
  • V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin, #1)