Start by marking “Fractured” as Want to Read:
Fractured

Fractured

( Fractured #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  789 ratings  ·  61 reviews
How do you learn to remember when you have forced yourself to forget?

How do you learn to trust when those who were meant to protect you failed?

Catering assistant, Kara Petersen, leads a quiet, monotonous life until one fateful phone call changes everything…

The sparks fly when Kara meets handsome, enigmatic, Sloan Foster. Dominant in the boardroom and successful in the bedr
Published May 7th 2014 by Elle Charles

To ask other readers questions about Fractured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured

really liked it 4.00  ·

Coco.V
Nov 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (6/2/2018)!💝

This is a newly re-edited edition of the novel (28 June 2016)

Kara Petersen’s life is virtually non-existent. Haunted by memories of the past, and events she cannot accurately remember, she is living half a life inside a world she has purposely created to shield herself from pain.

She is invisible, until one fateful night changes everything - she meets the handsome, enigmatic and very mysterious, Sloan Foster.

Successful, powerful and knowing exactly what he wan
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
1.5 stars rounded up for the attempt.

DNF

Okay, I haven't finished the book but I still feel obligated to write a review. Stopping at 41% I still believe to anticipate what will happen, because (view spoiler).

I'm giving this one two stars, because it started so good, the writing style is decent, even though too wordy now and then and in the epilogue just not fitting for a young teen. Plus, it's probab
Pamela
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
Linda
I have to say this is one of the best books I've read in a long time. The book itself has lots of twists and the plot although predictable in places is still really good. The characters are well written and although at times the main female lead Kara, needs a good shaking in order for her to listen to sense, the story really is very good. I have read books this good in this genre' but not for quite a while, and this was a refreshing find. It deals with dark matter, abuse at it's worse, rape and ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new series from this author. Kara and Sloan are total opposites and both broken. This is a well written story which is an emotional roller coaster ride throughout, and is dark, mysterious, with a tad angst, which all lead to a riveting read. This does end in a cliff-hanger, and I look forward to reading more in this series.
Bleumoon
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I found it very hard to put down. I loved all the little mysteries and trying to figure things out along the way! The characters were well written. And I liked the story... I had a bit of a crash when Kara started being unreasonable demanding something and getting mad and hurt when she got it? But if Sloan pushed her she got just as mad... He couldn't win no matter what. Seems like toward the last third of the book things started falling apart, Kara who has all these fears goi ...more
Jessica
May 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
1 Lifeless-Star ☆
Jesus, the first chapter broke me! My heart was in pieces and I didn’t know what to do. On the day of her birthday, her parents lock her in her room with crazy men who rape her. Mind you this is not the first time. What the F#%K!?!?!

And then every chapter after that seemed to be from a different book. The first chapter had betrayal and pain. And then I felt like I got on a train to nowhere. Just coasting... I had to give up 40% into the story.

Kara’s friend is stupid and worthl
Heather Hatfield
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book. Told myself to keep going and that maybe the tone would change so that the man, Sloan, was not just sounding completely manipulative and abusive to the main character. she repeatedly told him no. I get the point was they are two damaged people and were supposed to bring out thr best in each other or whatnot, but I could only get 20% through before it was too much. The way it is written is great aside from perpetuating rape culture.
Brandy Roberts
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm very conflicted on how to feel about this book some things I loved and other things just drew me off of the story . Fractured is book one of the series and it can't be read as a standalone it's a continuation . I was really into the story but something happened to were I was just annoyed with the characters especially the heroine how they would react to things . Overall thus was a good book and i'll be giving book two a chance .
Kelly Lamley
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not a easy read...but worth it..

I'm not going to go into details of the story and spoil it for future readers... but this is the first book I have read by this Author and I will be reading many more on the future. This series is about living through intense hardship and abuse and finally finding the freedom nd happiness that you deserve, I will admit that sometimes during this book I thought about stopping but I'm so glad I continued as this book really takes you on a roller coaster of emotions.
Jo Conway
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow...I'm not even sure where to start!!!!
For me the beginning was a little slow but I have a 5 chapter rule & I'm so glad I do as I was gripped by chapter 3!!!!
I couldn't put it down, I constantly needed to know what was going to happen next & what it was that everyone is really hiding!!
I was so sucked in that I could just feel something was about to happen & bam it does & it's the cliff hanger or all cliff hangers too......I am salivating to get my hands on book two....don't
Kristine Cluney
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg this is amazing

Dark story line but fabulous story. Kara has had a life that no one can believe but through it all there is strength hope never give up attitude that keeps you gripped. Don't pass this up
Rebecca Bilcliff
omg I really enjoyed this. so many unanswered questions and I need answers like now! waiting for next book is going to kill me.
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kara has a nightmare past that through her inner monologue & her actions show that she never got over fully, and while I understand that, it still makes no sense that no one, like her aunt, made her get any help. So she's going along in live when her roommate who is on drugs pulls something, gets herself in trouble, and Kara is called. This is when she comes face to face with the uber rich Sloan, who decides he wants to make her his immediately. She turns him down, which doesn't happen to hi ...more
Amy  Crull
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book..so many feels I've felt while reading this. Mostly anger, confusion and happy at times. Kara has had a messed up life. I mean she was raped on her birthday.. Her dad is a piece of crap, he gets himself in trouble and she's the only one he comes to. He has this hold on her that she can't shake. Despite the mental and physical abuse, Kara does well for herself. She has people who care for her and want to succeed but her roommate is in some deep and very bad situations. She honestly isn' ...more
Tiffany Readz
Not for Me

While I understand an author trying to check all of the emotional boxes for the reader, this was too much of a mish mash for me. The book almost read as two different stories as it went along. We are introduced to our female lead character in the worst situation possible and then are expected to forget that first chapter as she got older. She started out with "invisible walls" for protection and just like that, they are knocked down by a rich, handsome man. All of her built up resolve
Ashley Estep
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from Elle Charles and also the first book in the Fractured series.

I loved the suspense, and the twist and turns that kept coming. The book was intriguing and kept me needing more.

Kara is a broken main character, and she has every right to be broken. The horrific things that have happen to her are beyond heartbreaking and they were absolutely soul hurting to read about. Sloan is Kara's opposite in every way. Opposites attract but it doesn't mean it will make easy for you.

I
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I am very conflicted about how I feel about this book. I really liked some aspects but I didn't like other aspects.

The topic of this book is really heavy. I knew this going into it so I expected some pages to be harder to get through than others. I underestimated just how difficult some of the scenes would be.

The author's writing style helped me to get through this book. I am glad that I was able to finish the book because it was interesting. However, in the end, it was just okay for me.

Reviewe
mrs lynn smith
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I thought I had read all of the story scenarios out there and this is similar but I was hooked from start to finish Kara’s story is one of abuse of the greatest kind ....father & mother disgraceful and then she meets Sloan who is a whole other story!! I couldn’t put it down but I had to work, home life, husband, daughter ......
Then twists turns both of them keeping secrets and not trusting each other and then it finishes and I am now reading the next book let the story continue x
Maxine Blake
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it love it lovr

I've read some amazing books but have been reading slot of rubbish recently dressed as something good. So I wasn't expecting alot. This book is great!!! Interesting characters, good heat, very descriptive writing...some parts touched my heart enough forms to post on FB. Elle should be very proud of the book and her talent - just about to download the series. Love it !!
Kim Taylor
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Incomplete

Love, him, love his body, love his hair, love his lovemaking constantly heard this lament. Aggravating!! I wanted the dots connected between her Mom and Dad. I mean really, why was Mom so complacent in all of the abuse Kera endured? Seriously, what was wrong with this woman!
K. Williford
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cliff hanger

This story is intense. The characters are described in detail, feels like you've known them forever. This story is not for the faint at heart, some harsh and violent things happen to the main character (don't want to spoil it). Lots of unexpected twists in the end though. Can't wait to see what happens in part 2!!
Jessie Mckissick
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prolific, real and extraordinary.

Never having experience with child molestation, Elle Charles has educated me into the psyche of Kara's childhood and her fight to overcome such erroneous abuse. Sloan is too mysterious and I am looking forward to finding out more about him. Outstanding book and a wonderful start for the series.
Louise D Brown
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down! I loved the book, just hate it is in a series.😡Would love to read the whole series continuing until the end. Now I have to wait until I can buy them.😊

Thank you Ellie It was spellbinding. Keep up the writing. More books. Loved the characters, loved the plot.I am sure this could be a true story!
Mary Tuwano
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg #KARA

I have fallen in love with Kara and Sloan. He's troubled just like her. What she went through and the ppl that caused her to become how she is should be lined up and SHOT!!! My opinion
Nilam
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Absolutely brilliant book written well hooked straight away
Have been recommending this book to everyone. In fact I would read it all over Again can’t wait for the next book
Kimberley McGurdy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreak

This is the first book I've read by Elle Charles and I thoroughly every page.
This is a four book series so make sure to read in order
Be warned its dark in places and could have triggers for some people.
Shelley Tracey
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I gave up on this only a couple of chapters in, and deleted it from my Kindle. The writing was so bad - clunky and with so many errors - and it was all so trite and ham-fisted. Won't be returning to this trilogy.
Lori Berner
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book grabs you from the start and keeps reeling you in. So many of the things that happen in this book and all the ones to follow are things that I can relate to as a woman who has not had the happiest past. It gives me faith that those things will not always rule my life!
Candee Love
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay

• Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)
  • Unhinged (The Encounter #2)
  • Door Five (The Black Room #5)
  • Stolen (Stronger, #1)
  • Just Breathe
  • Bound Forever (Bound, #2)
  • Edge of the Heat Series Box Set (Edge of the Heat, #1-4)
  • Chairman of the Whored (Whored, #1)
  • The Frenchman (Jet-setters & Jeopardy, #1)
  • Fallen Snow (The NOVA Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Break Me In (Devil's Host MC #2)
  • Discovered (Cover Series 1)
  • The Devil's Claim (Devil's Kiss, #2)
  • Velocity (Gravity, #4)
  • Bad Boys and Billionaires (The Naughty List Romance Bundles #1)
  • Cutting Edge (The Edge, #0.5)
  • Forever the One (Meadowview Heat, #1)
Elle was born and raised in Yorkshire, England, where she still resides.

After many years of putting aside her creative ideas, in 2012, she was inspired to write again. The surprising result was her debut, self-published, contemporary romance novel, Fractured. The first of the series, books two and three, Tormented and Liberated, followed in close succession, along with the accompanying novella, A

Fractured (5 books)
  • Tormented (Fractured #2)
  • Liberated (Fractured #3)
  • Faithless (Fractured #4)
  • Fractured (4 Book Series)