Start by marking “Hiding Away (Anchored Hearts #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Hiding Away (Anchored Hearts #1.5)

Hiding Away

(Anchored Hearts #1.5)

***Mature content. 18+ age recommended. This book deals with adult topics that may be hard to read. Proceed with caution.***

Author Skye Turner: There is drama, romance, HOT sex, heartbreak, humor, and love in many forms in Hiding Away.
I actually loved this book and to me, it emotionally involved me even moreso than Letting Go.
Please note, this book does involve a major
Published May 12th 2014 by J.M. Witt Books (first published April 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hiding Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hiding Away

Skye Turner
I was trusted with a copy of this book and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read it!
This is a "spinoff" of sorts from Letting Go, JM Witt's debut novel.
We get to revisit Cassidy and James in this novella, but this book is about Cal and Jane, who we are introduced to in Letting Go.
Jane is on the run for her life and has secrets.
Cal is a cop who is not looking for anything real and enjoys a good time.
Hiding Away is the journey they take together from first meeting until we are left gaspin
Lisa
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given of copy of this ARC, but not for a review. I'm reviewing it because it absolutely deserves one.

In Hiding Away, we are given the privilege of looking into Cal and Jane's relationship (that was very briefly discussed in Letting Go). Jane comes from wealth and can have anything she wants, but all she wants is to get away. She runs from her violent boyfriend and moves back home with her parents in the hopes to heal her broken heart and shattered soul. What she doesn't expect, is to meet
Heather
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for this one. I loved Letting Go by J.M. Witt and I couldn’t wait to see what she had in the works with Cal and Jane.

Hiding Away runs along the same timeline as Letting Go did. We go to the some of the same events with Cal and Jane that we went through with James and Cassidy but from our new couple’s POV.

I liked that. We know that Cal and Jane started dating during Letting Go, but it was nice to get in a little deeper, see how it came about for them, their thoughts as they w
Margaret
I just love Cal and Jane and am very happy that we are getting to read their story. In “Letting Go”, author JM Witt’s debut novel, Jane captured my interest and Cal captured my heart. Learning the events in Jane’s past that have brought her back to her hometown and into Cal’s life took me on an emotional ride that left me believing in the power of love.

Cal…I don’t even know where to begin – I think he is just perfect! Although Cal has been a bit of player, it’s obvious that once he meets Jane th
Melodi Mance
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cal and Jane will quickly steal your heart.

Cal is sweet on the inside and pure badass on the out side. He s a tatted cop with a heart of gold, a man any woman would be happy to take home to mom and dad.

Jane is a sweetheart but she has some serious demons in her not so distant past. She's tough and guarded. When these two collide the sparks go flying.

If you read Letting Go, the first book in this series, you already have a back round of these two. This book gives you the all exclusive behind
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
I was given a complimentary copy of this book and I am so glad I had the chance to read it!

This is Jane’s and Cal’s story, whom we met in Letting Go. Cassidy and James also appear in this novella, and I was extremely happy about that.
Jane is the sweet, damaged woman on the run, who’s hoping to rebuild her life with the help of her family. Cal is the sexy, tattooed cop who doesn’t do relationships, but is always up for a good time.
An unexpected meeting turns out to be more than they bargained f
Tami czenkus
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Another emotional book by the wonderful J.M Witt!
Hiding away shows you the relationship with Cal and Jane. Yowzah!!! Cal, the hot tatted up cop that loves his family and friends to no end. Jane, damaged and abused by love who comes home to the solace of her family. These two meet when they least expected to do so and the story shows ups and down and the love that hangs in the balance.
Reading this book i felt so many emotions and I loved every bit of them. Jane hides behind a facade that eve
T.H.
I was provided an ARC for an honest review.

Jane has demons that strangle her from the past. She runs and tries to hide, but there's one person she should confide in the most. She's been put through a lot in the past few years and wants to start fresh. When a romance comes barreling at her, she sticks her heels in and enjoys the ride.

Cal...wowza Cal. The hot ass tattooed cop that we all got a glimpse of in Letting Go is BACK!!! He has a heart of gold and wants nothing more than to open himself u
Raquel Auriemma
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I guess I should have read that warning about wanting to throw my Kindle across the room at the end. That's pretty accurate. I'm sitting here stunned. Where's the next book? I need it now.
Books&Dreams
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

This is book 1.5 in the Anchored Hearts Series, and while I say yes you can read it as a stand alone I think you would get more out of it if you read book one first.

This is Cal and Jane's story.

When we first meet Jane she is in a not so good relationship, you get to see first hand how she is treated and why she leaves and goes back home to be with her family. Her Mom and her Cousin who is her best friend, James. We meet James in book one of this series. We also are introduced to Jane, and you
C.M. Johnson
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first volume in the series “Letting Go” grabbed on tight and would not let go. Now, you will want to stay hidden away to devour every word of “Hiding Away”. Make certain that the room is well insulated, though, so you can scream at Jane, “Just tell him!” and Cal, “Give her room. Listen to your gut!” You will also need a well-padded room so you can scream, “NO!” and throw your reader. I am hoping that what appears to be the end is only the beginning and, if you do not like cliffhangers, then ...more
Kat DM
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**gifted by author in exchange for an honest review**
A Novella
JM Witt

I really hate it when someone gets abused. It's just not what a human would do! Well, this is what Jane went through and it's sad really. She packed up and left that part of her life. She moved back to her hometown to live with her mom. And just tried to be invisible and hides from Derek, THE ABUSIVE x-boyfriend. She's not ready to commit to anyone since she just got out of a crazy relationship.

Cal the sexy cop who's had a fai
Jessica Leonard
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh where do I begin....

I wasn't sure how this book would be as a couple days before I got to read Hiding away I read Letting Go, which if you haven't read you may not need to cause this book pretty much sums it up as well. You will miss the drama and the first person experience of it, but hiding Away is pretty much cliff notes from Letting Go. I sort of felt robbed of more of Cal and Jane's story as literally word for word conversations from the first book were put right into this book. I know i
Anny hernandez
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

I just finish reading this book, and I love it, I love the characters, but I do have to say did not like the ending, now I cant wait to read the part of this book, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Jane, after being abuse and beating for one last time, by her ex Derek, Jane decide that it was time to go back home, once she got home she felt relieved, she started to wonder
A Risque' Affair Book Blog
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
In Hiding Away, we are given a peek into Cal and Jane's relationship (since it was discussed very little in 'Letting Go'). We are also given information about Jane's background, that isn't as pretty as we may have thought. She decides to leave her abusive boyfriend and move back home to sort her life out. She isn't looking for love, but it finds her when she meets Cal.

I absolutely loved this book! The best things happen to you when you aren't expecting or looking for them... which is exactly wha
Jennifer B
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off I recommend that you read Letting Go before reading this book. There is a lot of cross over from the first book and you may be a little lost in the beginning if you don't read Letting Go. Sometimes I felt like I was re-reading book 1 in certain parts, just from different characters perspective.
Jane is damaged from an abusive relationship and runs as fast as she can back to sanctuary, her parents home. She hopes her past doesn't catch up with her. She tries to get on with her life but
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)

This is Jane's and Cal's story, whom we met in Letting Go. Cassidy and James also appear in this novella, and I was extremely happy about that.
Jane is the sweet, damaged woman on the run, who's hoping to rebuild her life with the help of her family. Cal is the sexy, tattooed cop who doesn't do relationships, but is always up for a good time.
An unexpected meeting turns out to be more than they bargained for
DJ Sakata
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Writing a review for this book has posed a dilemma for me... I have been procrastinating this review for nearly a month. The story pulls at the heartstrings with a moving and sexy new romance, and ping-pongs back and forth from discovering new love, to gut wrenching anxiety. The love scenes varied from sweet and tender, to hot and steamy - and I loved them all. There were moments when I could not read fast enough, and other moments when I actually could not catch my breath. Ms. Witt does an exce ...more
Monique
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I couldn't wait to read this book.. I loved Letting Go by J.M. Witt and was super excited to read this story about Cal and Jane two characters that were introduce in the first book.

Hiding away is the timeline as letting go. We actually get to read about the same events with Cal and Jane that we read about with James and Cassidy in Letting Go, but of course its through the new couple's POV (Cal & Jane).

Jane is on the run for her life and has secrets. Cal is a police officer, he is an alpha m
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jane is a strong survivor, a woman on the run from an emotional past. She decides to pack up and run back to the security of her hometown, friends and her loving family. Jane's hiding a traumatic abusive past relationship from them all.

Cal is the epitome of all alpha males, sexy with tattoos yet he is also a fun-loving, charming protective cop who utterly charms everyone he meets. He really doesn't want a relationship instead he prefers a healthy sex life with friends until he meets Jane.

Your e
Hooked On Books
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it

Hiding Away is a companion novella to Letting Go. It is told from both Jane and Cal’s points of view. Jane is trying to elude her past and moves back home for the security of her parents and friends. Cal is the hot, tatted up cop who has never really been into relationships.

I loved getting to see the softer side of Cal. Once Jane comes to the realization that she is in love with him, he becomes the sweet, protective boyfriend. Cassidy and James also make their appearances throughout this novell
Karen Hrdlicka
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I love reading a follow up work by a new author. I really liked JM Witt's first book, the second book shows a lot of growth as a writer. The characters are well developed and their interactions are real and believable.The range of emotions runs the gamut: anger, passion, love and regret. The plot moves well and keeps the reader interested. The suspense plot line intrigues the reader and the twist at the end may take some by surprise.

Jane returns to her hometown with a dark secret she refuses to
Sharilyn Dickerson
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-kindle
Loving this series!

This is Jane and Cal's book. I admit, after reading the first book all I wanted was more Cassidy and James. After reading this one, I want more Jane and Cal!

Jane is fresh out of a BAD relationship. She packed up and went home to her parents' home. The last thing on her mind was jumping into another relationship. After meeting Cal through his sister Cassidy, she decides that she just wants to have a little fun. What could it hurt?

Cal is a sexy police officer and very protective
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it

Firstly you do need to read Letting Go so you don't spoil that story as Hiding Away story runs along side. In this story we follow James's cousin Jane who has just managed to escape a really violent relationship. She moves back home where she feels safer to start to rebuild her life. At this point a new man is not on the cards but that's until Jane meets Cassidy's brother, hot cop Calvin. He makes her safe loved and cherished something she has never felt with a man before, she begins t
Rebecca
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
I was sooo excited for this book! I've been wanting to know what happens between Cal and Jane since the first book and JM Witt did not disappoint!!

"His lips gently brushed mine, but his eyes were open. The lust that surged through me had me melting against him as his blue eyes drilled into me."

Jane moves back home after running away from a bad relationship and meets Cal through her cousin James. Cal is a HOT cop who has never had a real serious relationship, until he meets Jane. Man, the fire be
Jasmine Cardi
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started it but BAM it captured me right from the beginning and I was a goner. This is, dare I say a stand alone? It can be read and enjoyed if you have not read Letting Go, Anchored Hearts vol.1. However, for the greatest reading enjoyment, why not read that one first?
5 stars!
OK, back to Hiding Away. Jane was trying to escape from her past. She was not expecting to find Cal. Not only did he have her interest but he gained her attention
Kirsten
4 1/2 stars
This was an amazing story for Cal and Jane. I hated everything that Jane had to go through to find someone as amazing as Cal. They were just perfect for each other, both giving and so full of love. I thought that Jane really deserved that after what Derek had put her through. It was also nice to see James and Cassidy and see how they progressed as well. I definitely wanted to punch Derek at the end of this one and I know I was warned there was a cliffhanger, but damn!! I hated that on
Helen Stothard
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was honoured to be one of the beta readers for this book. I'd enjoyed Letting Go, but think I enjoyed this book even more.

It's the story of Cam and Jane this time round although you do get some continuation from book one, as well as just a little duplication as this time it's told from Cam and Jane's perspective. Cassidy and JB3 are heavily featured, and it was good to see them again.

I absolutely loved the ending to this book, it is a little bit of a cliffhanger, but hey, you already knew you
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
I loved this book.

When I first read Letting Go, JM Witt was a new author to me, but I loved the book so much and I was completely hooked :) So it is not a big surprise that I devoured this one for one sitting. I just couldn't stop reading.

I cannot imagine a heartbreak like Jane's and surviving what she went through and despite all that having the strength to pick up the peaces and start with her life again and even trusting another man. Yes, she kept her secrets but Cal managed to glue the piece
Tracey Marec
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book for an honest review.

This book not only touched my heart strings but it touched personal issues as well. You will have your fill of romance, laughter, heartbreak and hot sex while reading Hiding Away.

Jane is a lady trying to escape a past that even her parents don't know about. She wants to start a new life and forget about her last life.

Cal is a cop who loves life and wants to have fun. His whole life is his sister and his job. If he can fit in a little fun in the sack h

• Cursed Heart (Cursed, #2.5)
  • James Black (James Black #1)
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Twist Of Fate
  • Ryker
  • Her Dom (Dominic Powers, #1)
  • Guard My Heart (Tainted Hearts, #0.5)
  • Guarding Hearts (Living Again, #3)
  • Daring the Wild Sparks (Wild Sparks, #2)
  • Professor Cline: Revealed (Professor, #1)
  • Wicked Waves (Solsti Prophecy #2)
  • Intractable Souls (Bound4Ireland, #1)
  • Faith’s Temptation (Dueling Dragons MC #1)
  • Twisted Magic (Ink, #2)
  • All Who Dream (Letting Go, #3)
  • Catch (Assassins #1)
Residing in Metro Detroit, International Bestselling Author J. M. started writing poetry and short stories as a young girl. Rediscovering her love of reading, after having her fourth child, she started writing again. She also works full time as an Office Manager for a large landscaping company.

Letting Go, her first publication, was released in December 2013 and My Secret Submission, her 9th, was

Anchored Hearts (4 books)
  • Letting Go (Anchored Hearts #1)
  • Letting Go of You (Anchored Hearts # 2)
  • Letting Go of Us (Anchored Hearts Vol. 3)
  • Concrete Soul (Anchored Hearts #4)