Start by marking “Burned (Ignite, #1)” as Want to Read:

Burned

(Ignite #1)

Ignite Series, # 1: Collin & Finnley

Seventeen thousand problems.
Seventeen days of reliving my past and finding a new future.
Seventeen minutes until it all went up in flames.
Seventeen breaths until I took my last.
This is my story...and it’s going
220 pages
Published June 7th 2014

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
2.5 Stars!!

Um...the synopsis???

Tells me nothing.

Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with the outcome.

Possible Spoilers Ahead...since the synopsis was so vague.

So Finnley got dumped by her high school boyfriend of two years. Jordan picks up the pieces of her broken heart and they spend the next five years dating and then the following twelve years married.

Jordan...

He can't hold down a job, he's an addict and Finnley isn't going to put up with it any more.

A month in to her separation from J
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shelby *trains flying monkeys* by: My RL friend Rhonda
Yes, I'm aware that I've read two smutty books and the year has barely begun.

I may read some more too..that's just how I roll.

This book was actually really good. Not too much angst, main characters that were not dumbasses...Just pure win.

Collin and Finnley had been high school sweethearts. He listens to one of his friends who wants him to be a player with him and breaks up with her over a note..yes, he was a dumb butt. Finnley goes on to marry the guy that picked her up after the break-up. The
Christy
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

photo ef7d42ec-e44c-4b23-abd5-1588c46f7f73_zpsea174ec7.jpg
Seventeen thousand problems.
Seventeen days of reliving my past and finding a new future.
Seventeen minutes until it all went up in flames.
Seventeen breaths until I took my last.
This is my story…and it’s going to burn.

After seventeen years of lies, pain and deceit, Finnley Morgan is finally ending her marriage and moving on with her life. It’s scary. Jordan has be
Aestas Book Blog
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ****

Burned was fast-paced, addictive, and scorching hot. I loved it!!! ♥

I wasn't even intending to read this book today initially, but I just took a tiny peek at the first page and HOLY HELL!!!! What. A. Prologue!!!!! When I read it, my jaw just dropped. Shivers ran through me and I just had to read more!!! So, I literally just sat there and inhaled this whole book in one sitting!

Seriously, this blurb kinda just BEGS you to read this book!!

Seventeen years old when
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 ~ 3.75 Stars

”The thing about time is, it moves achingly slow when you’re doing something you hate and it flies faster than the speed of light when you’re doing something you love. Time is a fickle bitch.”

description

Well this was a very HOT story! I mean the speaker scene was a five alarm on its own. However, the story seemed so rushed and so convenient that I would have liked the author to have given more time to develop Collin and Finnley’s rekindled relationship. That being said, I loved Collin, I
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Alright, this sucker is expired from the liburrrrrry and I need to connect to WiFi in order to get my sploosh on and upload the new Meghan Quinn so you’re getting two reviews from me in one day. I know what you’re thinking . . . .

Sorry : (

Colin and Finnley were high school sweethearts, but when Colin’s buddy convinced him he could be getting much snatch rather than waiting on a virgin he dumped her via a note. Finnley went on to date
Aleatha Romig
Wow!!! this book was AWESOME! Though I'm ashamed to admit that this is the first book I've read of Tara Sivec's, it sure don't be my last!!!

Absolutely freakn amazing! I couldn't read fast enough to get this hot, blazing, story!
When this releases, one click yourself into not only a steamy as shit romance, but a powerfully suspenseful story!

Five fire filled stars are not enough for BURNED!!!

Thank you Tara...my TBR list has just multiplied with YOUR backlist
Lisa
OMG!!!! Tara Sivec what did you just do to me?!?!?

I don't know what to do with myself...my heart...my emotions...

I just bow to the greatness...so not worthy...

Full review to come!
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars

Finnley is married to her husband Jordan for 12 years.. before that they dated for 5 years. Jordan was a real bad boy back then. But he didn't settle down after the marriage.. It only got worse. Finnley finally dumps him.. She is fed up with a his lies and broken promises.

Short time after that she runs into her Collin.. Her ex boyfiend whom she dated for 2 years before Jordan. But Collin broke up with her and not in a nice way. One day she received a note from Collins best friend.

I l
Robin (Bridge Four)
This was a quick read full of lots of smexy time. I think about half the book is spent on smexy time, this is not a bad thing when that is what you are looking for and it was totally what I was looking for right now. Sometimes I love to just shut my brain off and just go with the ride which is exactly what I did with Burned.
“What am I going to do with you, Collin McDaniels? You make me want things I haven’t thought about in years. You make me dream things I never thought possible.”
He shrugs an
Debra Anastasia
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Burned is amazing. I finished it at 1:30am. This is erotica with a storyline, which is my favorite kind. You will love Finn and Collin. This book manages to have danger and sex and love in equal measure. The humor sprinkled throughout is a refreshing.

The sex scenes are varied and it's so freaking informative that I think ladies that haven't learned that their body might be able to orgasm might be inspired to give the ol' puss a vibe.

This is you new favorite summer read!! 5 amazing stars.
All Romance
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm convinced that Tara can write any genre she sets out to conquer. We've seen her do funny. We've seen her do emotional. She can write the heck out of a suspense or mystery tinged romance.

And now we can add erotic to the list.

Because Burned is HOT!!! Seriously- the sex is so hot here.

But in true Tara fashion- this book is so much more. It's romantic, it's touching and it even manages to have touches of humor. It kept me on the edge of my seat at times. But most of the time it just kept me o
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014

J&G: 4.5 Sizzling Stars!

“You were my fire Collin. I lost the desire to play with it when you left.”

Jenny:

TF
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Audio Version - March 2019 -

This is a case where I enjoyed reading the book way more than listening to the audio version; and I’m glad I did, otherwise, I probably would have rated it lower.

Jason Clarke was very good but Ashley Klanac’s performance was mediocre at best. She over-dramatized her scenes and her slow speech pattern and stretching of words had me tempted to skip her POVs and rush through the story

Ebook Version - August 2016

The blurb of this book sucked me in and had me fully engaged
Michelle
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Screenshot_6

Finnley still remembered the boy that broke her heart. After being married to Jordan for seventeen years, she’s had it. He’s lied and for the first time, Finnley isn’t going to allow his apologizes to change her mind. She never expected to see Collin again, sure she thought about him often and might have stalked him for a bit online, but face to face? Never. Until she did.

Collin never got over the girl he loved when he was just a boy, the one that got away... Breaking up with her has always bee
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Scorching Hot Stars!

So here is the deal...Finney was just a normal gal who was gaga over her HS boyfriend Quinn. He dumped her with the equivalent of a quick post it note...then bad boy Jordan swept in and consumed her robbing her of all her independence and dreams, damn that young rebound love! Now 17 yrs later, in a shitty marriage, and a shitty existence it is time to "pull up your big girl panties" and get single! Blah, Blah, Blah, heard this before...well then a very hot and very grown
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Burned Tara Sivec
Burned by Tara Sivec
Erotic Romance. Standalone.
Seriously, Tara Sivec can do no wrong. The woman can re-write the phone book and make it either hysterically funny, hot as hell, exciting, or emotional. The whore can write any genre and just does it so damn well! If you don't know that I totally stalk her and try to hump her leg when I see her, now you do. I'm also proud to say that I have made out with Tara. Yup, tongue and all. I'd totally go gay for her! (Though I must say, Mr. Ana was thrilled
Cyndi
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I still love Tara Sivec! It’s just that this book, although the writing is well done, it wasn’t my cup of tea. Lots of tough drama. Too many to list. From the teenage guy that dumps his two year girl friend because she won’t put out, to nightmare inducing stuff. I don’t want to ruin the story by revealing more. So if you are in the mood for mountains of fiery drama this is a good choice.
Candace
This was an "okay" read for me. I didn't hate it, but my feelings toward it are lukewarm at best. It was an alright way to pass time during my daily commute, but I probably won't remember this one for long. It was sweet, cute and a light read.

In a nutshell, Finnley is married to her second high-school sweetheart, Jordan. After seventeen long years she's finally clued in to what a loser Jordan is and kicks his butt to the curb. Finnley still pines for her first high-school sweetheart, Collin, who
Ginette
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: x-hard-to-finish
2-2.5 stars ~ This one was a miss for me. The idea behind this story was interesting, but I found the delivery missed the mark & was very predictable. The character development wasn't nonexistent, but the sex scenes were hot! Again just my opinion..
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it

4.5 Sizzling Stars

“You were my fire Collin. I lost the desire to play with it when you left.”

Jenny: Wow! What a steamy read Gitte? Tara Sivec is such a fantastic and versatile author who never fails to surprise us with what she has in store but WOW! I don’t think I was quite prepared for the HEAT level in this book! And will you ever look gym equipment in the same light? HOT!

I really liked Finnley. She seemed such a together girl and I couldn’t for the life of me fathom why she spent so long
Heidi
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heidi by: Lisa
Shelves: part-of-series
17 years is more than a life time. I loved this one!
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Once wasn’t enough. Twice wasn’t sufficient. Every day until I die wouldn’t stop the burn.

Thoughts into words. Thoughts into words. I keep repeating this mantra, because after literally JUST finishing this book, I am a jumble of emotions. I can hear everything I want to say in my head, but it won’t quiet down enough to put the proverbial pen to paper. From the minute that Tara announced this book into existence, I knew I HAD to have it. Unlike any of her other books, it was in a genre all its ow
AJ
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Holy freaking hotness!

This is a short but addictive read featuring a fast-paced and intense second-chance-romance, and, of course, a whole lot of sexy time! The prologue of this book had me instantly hooked, and I devoured the book in one sitting.

Finnley has just ended her marriage of 12 years. Although they were once madly in love, Jordan was all kinds of bad news, and after 17 years together, and her slowly falling out of love with him after being treated badly, she had to leave.

On a night out
LuvLaw
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let's say I loved the Prologue ^^

This is a quick and an amazing read ^^ I found it to be refreshing as both the MC were strong and had dignity

Let me start my saying Collin... well he had been a jerk in school but when after 17 years he came into Finley's life, he proved himself to be her true soul mate :D

I loved Finley such a strong character, she stood against her ex and she knew how she had to deal with Collin.

photo Ignite_zps2a6f9d9c.jpg

I loved the way they came across each other at the bar and there definitely had cau
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this new one from Tara Sivec...she does romantic comedy, mystery and drama so well so there was no doubt in my mind that she would knock it out of the park with erotic! Holy hot! Firemen! Second chance love! Need I say more...full review to come!
Three Chicks
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic stars from Allison East-full review upon release!
C-Money
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mummy Tara Sivec = pure gold. gimme gimme gimme. Right fucking now
Dali
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is not a slow burning love story, it’s not simmering under the surface tingle. This love story is a full on scorching hot fire that will burn deep, consume and leave permanent scars.

I tend to keep the erotic romances list light because mostly they’re about gratuitous sex, with week characters and weaker plots. But once I read this blurb I couldn’t ignore it.
BLURB:
Se
Michelle Kannan
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

And now we can add erotic to the list.

Because Burned is HOT!!! Seriously- the sex is so hot here.

But in true Tara fashion- this book is so much more. It's romantic, it's touching and it even manages to have touches of humor. It kept my on the edge of my seat at times. But most of the time it just kept me o
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Something Worth Saving
  • Love's Suicide (Love's Suicide, #1)
  • Breaking Bad (Bad Boys of the Bay, #2)
  • Wife Number Seven (The Compound, #1)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5)
  • The Devil's Contract (Contracts & Deceptions, #1)
  • Finding You (Finding, #1)
  • Losing Me Finding You (Losing Me Finding You, #1)
  • Say the Word
  • Still Human (Just Human, #2)
  • Decker's Wood (Kink Harder Presents, #1)
  • Yes to Everything
  • Some Like It Hot
  • Maybe Maby
  • Heartbitten
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • It's Always Been You (Always, #1)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

Ignite (2 books)
  • Branded (Ignite, #2)
“The thing about time is, it moves achingly slow when you’re doing something you hate and it flies faster than the speed of light when you’re doing something you love. Time is a fickle bitch.” 4 likes
“Now that I’ve found her again, I have no intention of letting her go.” 3 likes