Start by marking “Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss: Devotions To Help You Survive” as Want to Read:
Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss: Devotions To Help You Survive

Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss: Devotions To Help You Survive

As a Mom, couldn’t you use a good laugh?

Published April 8th 2014 by B&H Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss

Start your review of Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss: Devotions To Help You Survive
Misty aka Elvisgirl
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
My son bought this for me for Mother's Day. I enjoyed the devotional as a whole. Kerri Pomarolli has some great Mom humor throughout. Some of the ending thoughts and questions were not very "good" for me (like thanking God for McDonalds...), but others were thought provoking, touching, timely, even tear jerkers.

What I did not think was funny were her supposed to be funny, but really annoying to me, references to Pinterest Mom's (I am not sorry that I like to plan cool parties and know how to
Cherish
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book :) My little sister gave it to me and I read it during an especially hard time in my "mom" life. It had me laughing, crying, and sometimes laughing AND crying!

It was so nice to read some clean comedy. And I loved that the book was in a devotional style. It definitely reminded me time and time again that I am a beloved daughter of God and He wants the best for me. All I need to do is turn to Him!

Thank you, Kerri, for being real and putting yourself out there! It's nice to know
Heather
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to the morning deep, meaningful and many laughs! LOVED IT
Keshia Burchette
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith, mommy
I'm so glad I read this book, sometimes it is so easy to feel like you aren't good enough. Kerri Pomarolli captured motherhood in a wonderful way.
Jalynn Patterson
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

As a Mom, couldn’t you use a good laugh?

Inspired by the endearing, true-to-life movie MOMS’ NIGHT OUT, comedian Kerri Pomarolli has created this light, yet inspiring devotional that will definitely make you laugh, but will also help you discover that indeed you are not alone, and that God’s gracious provision of love and faithfulness is at work in your life and of your loved ones.

Whether you’re running full-speed-ahead or disappointed that it’s Monday (again), you’ll find joy in
Sunflower
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A companion piece for not just the movie but the book itself, "Mom's Night out and Other Things I Miss: Devotions to Help You Survive", is a down to earth, life is messy devotional that cuts it right to the heart.

Sharing the misadventures of mommy hood and how there is no such thing as perfect much less breaks, I found Kerri Pomarolli to be both humorous and like the novelization of the movie, "Mom's Night Out" by Tricia Goyer, tear inducing as well, as reflecting on what Bones, the supporting
Lindsey Silvestrini
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adore this devotional! Moms Night Out and other things I miss, the companion devotional to the book is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C! I knew as soon as I read the introduction by Kerri Pomarolli, this was a devotional unlike any other. Why? Because she sounded like ME!

Hey not every mom is Pinterest guru with perfectly matched kids, homegrown food and looks well put together herself. I can't be friends with those moms - sorry. Kerri Pomarolli I could relate to. I was laughing AND crying reading her
Edie
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kerri Pomarolli is hilarious and she brings that clean humor to Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss.....Devotions to Help You Survive. While this devotional was inspired by the movie, this is fresh, new material that you will not see anywhere else.

Not only is she funny, y'all she gets it. She understands where we are in these trenches of motherhood. She knows the down and dirty truth of the day to day of being a mommy. She doesn't just come to heckle and make fun though, she knows that we
Edythe Hamilton
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The title says the devotions will help you survive, and the Table of Contents verifies that. This devotional covers “You Can’t Quit Birth” to “Never Give Up on Your Dreams” to “Your Momma Can’t Dance and Your Daddy Done Lost Your Shoes.”

The style of writing has intellectual and emotional qualities, which are simplicity, hum, and wit. This devotional is written with an original and refreshing concept using a very informal tone.

Kerri Pomaroll’s chapters begin with a scriptural verse, and adds “
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
When you are in the midst of the mommy years it can be hard to find time to spend meditating on the Word. Kerri Pomarolli knows this and she has written a wonderful devotional based on the hit movie Moms' Night Out.

The content is funny and engaging but it still has a depth that will resonate with moms everywhere. Each devotion is short enough to read in one quick setting. The topics will make you laugh and think. They cover a range from 'You Can't Quit Birth' to 'Never Give Up on Your Dreams'.
Beth
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mom's Night Out and Other Things I Miss Devotional to Help You Survive By Kerri Pomarolli is a great companion to the novel. Another laugh out loud, keep your tissues handy read. I found myself really looking inside myself and convicted on many of the issues and feelings brought up by this devotional. Kerri Pomarolli really captured things for Moms in all stages of life and all types of family situations whether married, single, stay at home, or working moms. Reading Kerri Pomarolli's anecdotes ...more
Freda Mans-Labianca
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm still reading this one, it is a devotional after all. Still almost done and I can relate on so many levels. It shows the humorous side to motherhood, as well as the not so funny moments. This book is a good way of looking outside the box, or rather seeing yourself in mom mode from a different view. Maybe you don't know you're on the verge of burnout because some of your tasks have become so second nature. This is just an example, but this book pointed that out, among other things. I really ...more
Ginger
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having gone to see the movie, Mom’s Night Out, I was looking forward to reading the book, as well as checking out the devotional that was inspired by this funny and fantastic movie. Neither the book or the devotional disappointed me. 5 stars. LOVE! I love that Kerri just gets you. She gets the whole mom thing. She gets the need to spend time with Jesus with the hustle and bustle that goes on around us. Simple.

Tricia brings out the movie in the book. I really liked it. The only thing I did not
Joan
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a funny collection of devotionals by a stand up comic. Even with the funny parts, there are also great observations about motherhood and encouragement. Each devotional has a couple of thought provoking questions and a prayer. Parents who has a systematic system of discipline may not appreciate the devotions as many of them deal with the kids getting out of hand.
See my complete review at http://bit.ly/1oGGDYD.
I received a complimentary egalley of this book through Litfuse for the purpose
Crystal
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this as soon as I received it in the mail. First I glanced though it and noticed there were a few "Top Ten Things" and I read those first. All so true. Then I started reading from the beginning and just could not put it down. There were lots of LOL moments as I was reading her stories. I enjoyed the bible verses at the beginning of each topic. This is another book that lots of moms will be able to relate to. I can see myself referring back to the book when I just need some ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic little book of devotions published to coincide with the release of the film Mom's Night Out. I am not familiar with Kerri Pomarolli, but she's hysterical. The book is full of funny anecdotes and stories about motherhood and each ends with points to think about and ponder and a prayer. It's one that you can almost read in a sitting or two or you can just read one at a time, one per day or one per week. All are uplifting and funny and most we mothers can relate to.
Lindsay
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!

I loved everything about this book other than it had to end. it made me feel less like a crazy person to know I'm not the only mother in the world who doesn't have it down pat. I hope to read more of her work soon!
Callie
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
As a devotional I would give this two or three stars, but once I stopped expecting an in-depth devotional, I really enjoyed this for what it is - a book of short, funny, encouraging stories for moms. Note: I received this product for free in exchange for a review on my blog, coming soon.
Rustina Jones
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Group of mothers plan to go out without kids and husbands. It's to be a nice girl's night out but does it go that way ??
Joni Chism
Christina
Jun 11, 2014

• The Screwtape Letters
  • The Case for Christ
  • Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
  • Mere Christianity
  • The Shack
  • A Minor Indiscretion
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Heartbeat
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
“Life is short. Ask God to give you perspective instead of believing the lies that your life isn’t good enough.” 2 likes
“I think most of us moms think it’s wrong to do nice things for ourselves, thinking we’re someone who should always be humble. Maybe God wants to bless our socks off and let us know it’s more than okay to get a manicure and a massage in the same year! We need to stop feeling bad when God wants us to feel cherished, pampered, and special. If a shiny purse or a pair of high heel shoes puts a spring in your step, work those heels girl! God created you to rock it! You still got it and show your kids and family that “Mommy’s Still the Hot Chick”! Maybe it will inspire your husband to get out of his sweat pants from 1987 and take you out in public to a restaurant that has menus you can’t color on!” 2 likes