Start by marking “Tethered (An Inc-Su story)” as Want to Read:
Tethered (An Inc-Su story)

Read Book* *Different edition

Tethered (An Inc-Su story)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
She can kill with a kiss. But can assassin Tyree also heal one man's grief, and bring peace to a galaxy threatened by war?

For Tyree of the Su, being an assassin isn’t simply something she was trained for. It's the sole reason for her existence. A genetically enhanced clone—one of many in Refuge—she's about to learn her secluded lifestyle, and that of all her kind, is under
Published July 25th 2014 by Breathless Press (first published July 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tethered, please sign up.
Pippa Jay This is an adult novella. Very definitely!

Merry
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Science Fiction Romance and have my firm favourites, but I would be hard-pressed to think of another book that really, really blew me away the way Tethered has. What an amazing and original premise and fantastic world building. Fantastic, yes, yet totally plausable because it's fundamentally all about the difficulties of relationships, irrespective, and in spite, of the origins of the participants. Just like here on Earth. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I love Tyree and Zander, and I
Lost in Words
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance and intrigue

Diplomats, warrior aliens, clones, treaty negotiations, murder, scars, and sex assassins. Yes, that's right sex assassins. Who'd ever thought a story with that mix could be highly entertaining?
Marlene
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Tethered is a high-stakes romance between two people who have to discover the depths of their own hearts and the secrets of their identities while dodging assassination attempts and trying to cement a treaty between two interstellar factions who are both capable of tearing the universe apart.

After all, they've done that bit before. The treaty is supposed to keep them from doing it again.

Tyree is a member of the secretive Inc-Su race. While descended from hu
Lee
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sfr
Note: This novella contains triggering subjects: rape, murder, being drugged and helpless.

Tyree is from a race that can kill people with sex. Said race makes clone creches, and Tyree is asked to stand in for another member of her creche to complete a diplomatic agreement. Mirsee did not have Tyree's assassin abilities and lived as a dignitary, marrying the human diplomat Zander D'joren. Tyree now must masquerade as Mirsee until the treaty is concluded. She develops romantic feelings for Zander,
Pam
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Being a clone and an assassin is all Tyree knows. It is what she was made for and she isn't used to getting involved with others. Her newest assignment may be her hardest yet. She has just learned a secret about herself and her new assignment is to help Zander make a peace treaty. She has to pretend to be his love who was killed and still protect him. Zander has gave everything for his job and just wants to finish it. Tyree may resemble his late love but she is far from being her. Someone doesn' ...more
Emotonal Reads
I got this book thinking it was going to be a great science fiction/fantasy read but aside from some of the world building it's really just about Love, sex and death. The heroine seem to have sex on the brain alot, she uses it in her work as an assassin. You know, it seems her other heroines from her other books had some substance, but this one is what I'd call a prostitute assassin. Why is that? I really don't want to think what I'm thinking.

This book had the basis to make one kick ass science
Elle
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tyree’s world is turned upside down when she learns of her unusual parentage and then is thrown into an assignment unlike any other she’s completed before. Instead of assassinating her target, her mission is to protect Zander, a man grieving the loss of his mate and dedicated to ratifying a centuries old treaty no matter the price.

I really enjoyed this sci-fi romance. Pippa Jay has an elaborate style that paints a vivid world around her characters. The setting is interesting with quite a bit wor
Rachel Smith
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella was everything I expect from a Pippa Jay story, with the right mix of action and romance. Only two complaints. It wasn't long enough, and I missed having the hero's POV. The story still worked without it, and it would have been difficult to keep it to the required length by adding Zander. Still, Pippa does an excellent job of showing us Zander through Tyree's eyes.

Pippa has created a very unique world here, with a group of assassins inspired by the incubus and succubus demons of Gre
Shiori
Feb 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars. Not putting it on the poop shelf because it's not fundamentally godawful, but it certainly wasn't what I'd hoped for. Just a very flimsy novella - a potentially interesting universe props up a poorly developed plot. Also the sex scenes disturbed me because they skim the lines of consent and I just can't even with that shit. I'd been really looking forward to trying out Jay's work, too. Oh well~.
Sabine Priestley
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
liked this a lot. I enjoy her style and the British influence in her work. This was interesting in that it raises questions about preconceived notions, social morays, and how those can differ across societies and even species. Love, sex and death were among the top contenders. Well written and an enjoyable read. I did feel the ending could have been flushed out more. It felt a bit rushed, but overall great job.
Laurel
I'll be honest; it's been a while since I read this book - almost a year, in fact! What I can remember is that this story is everything you'd expect from Pippa Jay: a coherent plot, likeable, vivid characters, and twists and turns aplenty.

And probably the most important factor of this story, for me? It's set in the same universe as Pippa Jay's Traveller series (Keir).
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Listing every superlative from “Amazing” to “Zesty” might just do this novella justice!

Read full review in the 2014/2015 Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Nenya
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sibling-with-so
4stars... inspite of the fact that Tyree is sent as replacement of Mirsee, her 'twin' (podmate, batchmate, or whatever they're calling), to ... Mirsee's husband (they're intergalactic diplomats). Interesting world, and politics.
Gena
Jan 01, 2017 marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
I like Pippa's stories. I'm not finishing this one due to personal preference ie I don't like story lines where the heroine (or hero) is an identical match to a dead significant other.
Aurora Springer
Feb 09, 2015
PGS
Dec 07, 2015
AE
rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2015
Janet
Dec 07, 2015
Zach
Nov 06, 2017
After spending twelve years working as an Analytical Chemist in a Metals and Minerals laboratory, Pippa Jay is now a stay-at-home mum who writes scifi and supernatural stories to engage the emotions. Somewhere along the way a touch of romance crept into her work and refused to leave. In between torturing her plethora of characters, she spends the odd free moment looking after her chickens, creatin ...more
More about Pippa Jay