Start by marking “The Complete Gillian Flynn: Gone Girl, Dark Places, Sharp Objects” as Want to Read:
The Complete Gillian Flynn: Gone Girl, Dark Places, Sharp Objects

The Complete Gillian Flynn: Gone Girl, Dark Places, Sharp Objects

"Gillian Flynn is the real deal, a sharp, acerbic, and compelling storyteller with a knack for the macabre." —Stephen King

This exclusive ebook collection brings together the three novels from bestselling author Gillian Flynn. A #1 New York Times bestseller, Gone Girl is an unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclai
Published May 13th 2014 by Broadway Books

*TANYA*
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I enjoyed Gillian's books very much. I, personally, hated the ending to Gone Girl, but her books are very well developed and written.
Milissa
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great Author

This is a new author for me. I wanted to see "Gone Girl" at the movie theatre. I read the book "Gone Girl" first. I loved it. It had a great twist.

I did not care for the book "Dark Places". The characters were not very likeable and I predicted the end.

"Sharp Objects" was a great book. Camille (The main character) was very likeable. Camille goes back home to investigate the death of two children. Set in a small town, where everyone knows your business. Great plot twist. I cannot wait
Tonya
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the narration... held my attention! Great stories!
Tasha Muterspaugh
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
amazing!!

Masterpiece! All 3 of these books are genius! From start to finish, all 3 are non-stop! Will read & re-read again!!
Siobhan
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gillian Flynn shot into our lives through Gone Girl. It took me forever but in the end, I did jump on the bandwagon. I enjoyed it… right up until the end. The ending to the book was a disappointment for me. Wanting to see if her two other books would have a more satisfying ending I picked them up when I found them on offer. Unfortunately, these books had the same effect upon me.

In short, I find Gillian Flynn wonderful right up until the end. As it stand, though, she has yet to write an ending I’
Gina
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is three books in one (Gone Girl, Dark Places, and Sharp Objects). Although all three books took a walk on the dark side of human nature, I thought Ms. Flynn was quite an engaging writer, and I thoroughly enjoyed each one. I was inspired to read the first book, Gone Girl, after watching the movie. As is often the case, the book was far better than the movie because of the book's ability to more-fully capture the characters' thoughts and feelings. If you have a taste for the macabre (do you ...more
Kathryn Adams
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I bought this because Gone Girl was included and had been recommended to me many times. After reading Gone Girl, Dark Places and Sharp Objects, I actually liked the last two better than the more popular Gone Girl.
jossibell Lema
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great author And I WANT MORE BOOKS FROM HER ! Totally worth reading all!
Rosetta Bulak
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great books

I chose 4 stars because I loved the twists and turns each book had to offer, they kept me on the edge of my seat loved them all ...
Julia
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read Sharp Objects for my book club, and read the other two because I became hooked on the way Gillian Flynn writes about dark, crazed situations, sociopaths, and the people interacting with them.
Barbara Waloven
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Complete Gone Dark

All 3 stories held me captive. Gillians' stories are complete, gone, dark. Twists and unforseen endings lead to frantic page turning. Great author.
Pam Hutley
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite taking months to read Sharp Objects ( work , time, etc...) I read the bulk today. I was interested from the beginning and curiosity took a while before it started to put two and two together to come up with the guilty ones in this disturbing thriller. The inhabitants of small town suburbia ‘Wind Gap’ are clear cut with their old money types vs the rougher, poorer workers , the incompetent local police, plethora of bars, the potential for idyll in the woods and play spaces scarily made no ...more
Sarah Scott
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-library
4.5 stars.
Okay, I know this book gets a lot of hype, but it is so good! I actually did something I try very hard not to do - I watched the movie first (gasp!) to see if I cared to read the book. That's how concerned I was about all this hype. And despite the fact that the movie starred Ben Affleck, who I personally do not enjoy watching (although he fit this role perfectly), I really enjoyed the film. And the book is (of course) even better. The plot is just so insane, and I'm fairly certain I
Carolynn Jaye
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I tore through these books like they were on fire. I think Gillian Flynn is one of the most disturbed authors I have read in a long time (meant with utmost respect for her). I absolutely loved reading these books, and definitely felt disturbed by the characters at times. As an author, I would read more of her books in a heartbeat. I really like her style, and enjoyed the discomfort and torment I felt as I continued to turn the pages.
Angela Carrano
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I like Sharp Objects more than Dark Places but overall all I can gather is Gillian Flynn hates women. I love reading about nuanced grey and even villainous women- but all her female characters have such an intense hated for other women. It's exhausting. I wish someone else had written sharp objects because the relationship between Amma and Camille was fascinating - a bit like we need to talk about Kevin.
Vesna
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Actually...

I first came across the TV series where I learned that it had been made out of this book. I watched the whole series in one sitting, and I read the book in the same way. It is a real page turner with unexpected twists and turns. But above all I admire the author’s deep understanding of the darkest corners of human soul and mind. As an avid reader for over sixty years, I can say that, unfortunatelly, there are only few authors that dare dig that deep.
Michelle Molaison
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read all three!

I liked Dark Places the best. With Gone Girl and Sharp Objects not so much. Although, Sharp Objects did have nice twist at the end, it is better than Gone Girl. Gillian Flynn has a very creative mind. I love to read. I especially love happy endings.
Liz Johnston Noss
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Good read. At times very raw that made my clench. Made me very sad at times too. So detailed that you can actually get invested in the story. I would recommend it but to an adult audience
Kelly A
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another gripping Gillian Flynn novel

Creepy, disturbing and suspenseful!! Couldn't put it down! Gillian Flynn masters the storytelling of another dark tale. Looking forward to the movie adaptation.
Cindy
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addicting.
Sophie Laura
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved all three of these! Each one is messed up in its own special way! Wonderful character build ups with some fantastic twists n surprises
Tremicka Stansberry
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great family drama!

The books keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat! I enjoyed the family dynamics and the unexpected twists.
Jenny Baker
Very messed up people!!
Quinn Frease
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Couldn't put it down. Finished fit in 1 day. Would highly recommended. I thought I figured it out,but apparently not. Such a great ending. Can't wait to watch the series.
Sherryl Cornett
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I read Sharp Objects from the complete edition. Did not like it as well as Gone Girl.
Beth
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
These books are compelling, and I read them almost compulsively to get to the end. They are very dark and filled with ugly stuff. Good reading though.
Nicole Muir
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a very good book. Definitely hard to put down. I did think that it was a little drawn out. It was very long. And I didn't like the ending. But it kept me interested and overall a good book.
Laurenconklin
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark, disturbing and amazing! Well-written and suspenseful.
Kylie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Highly problematic

Seriously?! A psycho-bitch wife who makes false rape accusations? There were hints of this crap in her earlier works, but I didn’t think she’d go this far. Poor form.
  • Good News for Those Trying Harder
  • The Blue Umbrella
  • The Unwind Collection (Unwind, #1-3)
  • Harry Potter Illustrated Box Set
  • Conspiracy of Silence
  • Little Miss Somebody
  • I'm in Heaven
  • Fata Morgana
Gillian Flynn is an American author and television critic for Entertainment Weekly. She has so far written three novels, Sharp Objects, for which she won the 2007 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger for the best thriller; Dark Places; and her best-selling third novel Gone Girl.

Her book has received wide praise, including from authors such as Stephen King. The dark plot revolves around a serial killer in a Mi
“being an only child—you grow up knowing you aren’t allowed to disappoint, you’re not even allowed to die. There isn’t a replacement toddling around; you’re it. It makes you desperate to be flawless, and it also makes you drunk with the power. In such ways are despots made.” 3 likes
“The face you give the world tells the world how to treat you,” 2 likes