Start by marking “Dance in the Moonlight (Dark War Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
Dance in the Moonlight (Dark War Chronicles)

Dance in the Moonlight (Dark War Chronicles #2)

Renee’s life had been normal until the shadows reappeared and the legendary stone was sent to her. As the arrival drags her further into the paranormal world, the last thing Renee expects is to be swept off her feet by a brooding werewolf.

Yet Coran captures her heart and attention. Small problem—he doesn't want a mate. Coran still suffers from the loss of his first mate,
Published March 10th 2014 (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dance in the Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance in the Moonlight

Naomi
Feb 12, 2014 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Amy Kessler has delivered another thrilling installment in the Dark War Chronicles! Right from the first chapter, I was drawn into the danger and excitement as the story unfolded. Amy has developed well fleshed out characters that you can connect to and you are quickly swept away with her comfortable writing style. The story is far from finished and I am looking forward to what is going to happen next.

Coran was a character I liked from In the Light of the Moon (book 1). I was glad he wa
Diane Lynch
Aug 24, 2014 Diane Lynch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last thing werewolf, Coran Hemming, wants is another mate. Especially one that is human, but when Renee Flemmons walks into the bar he works at, after being attacked by shifters, he finds himself becoming protective of the mortal.

I enjoyed Renee. There is more to her then meets the eye. She handles herself well despite being hunted by supernatural beings she just discovered existed. She has no idea why they are interested in her and her true value.

Coran is a formidable hero. He is immortal.
Beth Henry
Feb 21, 2014 Beth Henry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this the 2nd full length book from A.L. Kessler’s dark war chronicles we are introduced to two more characters from this world. Coran is a centuries old werewolf with a past filled with mistakes, pain and loss. Taken into Lucius’s territory after being tricked and abused at the Circles hands he finds himself working in a Lykae run bar, a safe haven for those of the supernatural world. Keep your head down, fight when needed and don’t ever think about the past.

Renee is your average normal mid
Laurie Garrison
Loved this book read it in two days. Kessler is digging deep into the Circle world. I took to both main character very well and I love getting to know Marcus clan side more. I can’t wait to see which vampire clan wins out in the end.

Rennee has a secret besides the stone. She has no ideal that the images she see behind people is the real deal. As Rennee is fighting seeing images, keeping the stone and her heart her world is about to explode with all kinds of paranormal.

Some writers can’t seem t
Angus
Jun 15, 2014 Angus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Following immediately on the heels of In the Light of the Moon, the first book of the Dark War Chronicles, A.L. Kessler has shifted into second gear continuing the story through the eyes of a new protagonist. Renee is a mid twenties college student who may have had some setbacks in life due to her ability to see supernatural forms around the people she meets. She is convinced by her roommate to go out on the bar scene one night, coincidentally it is her birthday, and survives the adventure of be ...more
Jasmyn
Renee has a new trinket - a little stone that mysteriously arrived in the mail. Now she is the most interesting human in the city to quite a few paranormal types. When Coran is charged with getting the stone back a lot of things are set in motion. Renee is quickly dragged into the world of Lucius via the werewolf Coran. Coran is fiercely protective of Renee and I really loved watching the two of them together. She had just the right level of maiden in distress with modern woman who won't take cr ...more
Karyn
Nov 07, 2014 Karyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the DWC Series and it picks up where the first book left off. Now that we have the basis for the story, the author is able to go into more details as to why there is a battle coming and goes into more depth of the hierarchy within the vampire territory. This is really interesting because it is about many different surpernaturals working together.

Book 2 focuses on the relationship between Coran and Renee (an immortal and a human with special abilities). Renee is newly i
Ashley Nemer
Once again - Amy nails a winner! This book kept me gripped at the edge of my seat as the characters fought their way through these new situations.

While I enjoyed the first book, this second one was awesome. Amy had a way of keeping me turning the pages and before I knew it I was finished with the whole damn thing. I was like, well damn it's over.

I really like Coran, and the loss he has to move past with the first human mate he had.

I really enjoyed the secondary characters too. Sometimes author
Eating Between
Apr 04, 2015 Eating Between rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved diving deeper in the world created by the author. A.L. finds away to write about Vampire, Shifters and Demons that is fresh and exciting and not the norm overwritten commodity they have become. Each character is well developed and extremely believable. I love that this book isnt overflowing with sex scenes dont get me wrong a girl likes a good smutty book but it isn't the end all be all and its nice to enjoy a good PNR that isnt raunchy but has a sophisticated sexiness to it.
SB Morales
Jul 15, 2014 SB Morales rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series! It captured my attention in the first book and this book didn't let go! We find out more about the characters and the mystery that plagues them. I loved learning more about the back stories of the characters. I love Kessler's writing and can't wait to read more!
Tiffany
Oct 20, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first DWC book I knew I had to pick up the second book and I am not disappointed that I did, I absolutely loved this book and the characters and I can't get enough of the DWC world! Can't wait for the next book! :)
Sara
May 28, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was extremely captivating. The characters were well rounded, and their personalities were fantastic. The story line is intriguing, and the book leaves you look forward to the next in the series. It was a great read. I can easily see reading this book over and over.
Lucy
Jun 19, 2014 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-own
Had to start the next one immediately, could not put this story down!!
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
**full review coming soon**
C.J. McKee
Jun 10, 2015 C.J. McKee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although there are parts of A.L.'s book series, Dark War Chronicles that are familiar from other vampire or similar stories, A.L. has taken it all to the next level. In this second of the series, Renee and Coran are the main protagonists. Coran is under Lucius' control while Renee is a human with a special gift and finds herself locked in a world she nevew knew existed!

One of the great things about the Dark War Chronicles is each book focuses on two protagonists, even though all these characters
Sheryl
Oct 02, 2014 Sheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this review for author A.L. Kessler. This is book 2 of the Dark War Chronicles book series by the author.

Renee is being hunted but unknown people because they think she has something they want from her. Little does she know what that something truly is and how it can destroy things around it. Coran is a werewolf and has lived his life in a dark place since his mate was killed and now Renee threatens to push him even farther down that dark path.

This is another hit by the author and I
Angie Hackett
Mar 01, 2016 Angie Hackett rated it really liked it
I read this on the back of the first book. Though it was less confusing and irritating than the first book I still felt a little confused about what was happening. That said it had a lot more information to it than the first book and I feel that it is part of the slow burn world building happening in the series. It was enjoyable enough to keep me reading and entertaining enough to make me read the next book soon. There were quite a few typos in the book that had me stumbling but it was a good en ...more
KittyGrimm
Jun 06, 2015 KittyGrimm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received copy of this book for honest review.

Dance in the Moonlight follows young human woman called Renee and immortal werewolf Coran.

I liked how even though they attracted to each other they just didn't fall for it so fast. I can't wait to read what will happen next in this series!
S Mobley
S Mobley rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Cenna Lipscomb
Cenna Lipscomb rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
K.
K. rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Arksongbird
Arksongbird rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Dd
Dd rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2016
Teresa Clark
Teresa Clark rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2014
Leigh Johnson
Leigh Johnson rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Brandee Price
Brandee Price marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Sherry Fundin
Sherry Fundin marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Torie James
Torie James marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Chené
Chené marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Lyn Mckenzie
Lyn Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Ashley Haines
Ashley Haines marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Kaila
Kaila marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Heather Stanley
Heather Stanley marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Denise Austin
Denise Austin marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Kristen Gough
Kristen Gough marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Mystipul
Mystipul marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Jessica Mitchell
Jessica Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
A.L. Kessler is a paranormal romance and steampunk author residing in Colorado Springs. Since she was a teenager she's loved weaving stories and spinning tales. When she's not at the beck-and-call of the Lord and Lady of the House, two black cats by the names of Jynx and Sophie, playing with her daughter, or killing creepers and mining all the things with her husband, she's either reading, partici ...more
More about A.L. Kessler...

Dark War Chronicles (6 books)
  • The Touch of Night (DWC #0.5)
  • In the Light of the Moon (Dark War Chronicles #1)
  • On Torn Wings (Dark War Chronicles #3)
  • Past Demons (Dark War Chronicles #4)
  • Dark War Chronicles: Short Story Collection One