Start by marking “Donnel's Promise (Cattra's Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
Donnel's Promise (Cattra's Legacy #2)

Donnel's Promise

(Cattra's Legacy #2)

Who betrays her?
Who fears her?
Who is she wrong to trust?

When Risha takes up her mother’s throne there is celebration — for some. In the murky world of politics, how can you know who to trust, when to fight, when to run?

As war between the Five Duchies threatens everyone Risha loves, the hidden truth of Cattra’s legacy is revealed — but for Risha t
Published July 4th 2014 by Longacre

To ask other readers questions about Donnel's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Donnel's Promise

Start your review of Donnel's Promise (Cattra's Legacy #2)
Cas
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady Arishara finally returns to Havre and takes up her mother's throne. She is treated like a delicate figurehead, which sees her finding opportunities to get out. But soon their safety is compromised, and Risha must escape Havre. Once again, she fights for her life and peace in Elgard.

One thing that I dislike is Risha's relationship with Captain Nolan. He reminds me of Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass, same story but with a weaker resolution. I do like the way things ended, howe
Lisa
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Cattra's Legacy because it was free on ibooks. I tried to resist buying the second book because I'm cheap like that but I couldn't take it after 2 days so I bought it and read it cover to cover one morning in the middle of moving house. Not my best idea but it was thoroughly enjoyable and I couldn't put it down. I love the characters and their loyalty. The only downside was that I had to keep referencing the map over and over again because of all the travel.

Random side note to Anna Macke
Jan
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Supplied by Random House New Zealand for an honest review

Risha takes up her mother’s throne in the duchy of Havre and gets caught up in court politics, which bore her. She sets out on a tour of Western Havre with her handsome guard captain, Nolan, and her mother’s cousin, Ciaran, who is married to Havre’s chief counsellor, Athan. They are ambushed along the way, revealing there is a traitor in the city. A cunning plan saves Risha but places her friend Lyse at risk, along with Ciaran.
Angela Oliver
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
A strong follow-up to "Cattra's Legacy", this instalment establishes Risha as a worthy player in court politics. It has a better pacing, and she plays a more pro-active role in this volume, as she sets out on a tour of Havre with a small company, only to find themselves ambushed and thrust into the middle of a potential political uprising. Through their combined quick wits, and the support of loyal friends and subjects, Risha must win back what is hers by right.

Risha is an admirable character,
Rebecca Stevenson
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received Cattra's Legacy as a gift and was immediately drawn into a vividly articulated world by Anna Mackenzie's credible and relatable characters. I found that the book was finished after only a couple of days and yet the story was not. Realising that I'd been given only the first tantalising half of a superbly imagined tale, I immediately downloaded an e-reader app for my laptop an ordered my first e-book: Donnel's Promise. I was not disappointed in the conclusion of the story. Risha is a b ...more
Jan
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
An exciting sequel to Cattra's Legacy. We encounter Risha two years after the end of the previous book, more secure in her knowledge of her place in the world, and about to take up her place in Havre. There she encounters viperous court politics and ends up on the run with her few most trusted people. Adventures abound as she learns to deal with this kind of politics and takes on the wider problems of Elgard. Risha remains a strong and driven character while developing into both a woman and a le ...more
T.K. Roxborogh
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written. Great characters. Best, I think, to read in one sitting because, as I had to ration myself due to other commitments, I kept forgetting at times who people were and where they fitted into the story. However, the character list and map was great as a help. Recommend. Also, the great thing is, you don't need to have read the first book at all. The 'background' and 'backstory' is woven in without info dumping.
Jacob Chapman
Oct 19, 2014
Johanna
Sep 20, 2015
Alanah
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2018
Michelle
Aug 09, 2016
Lauryn
Nov 10, 2016
Anna Mackenzie wrote her first book aged 6, but spent a while roaming through other jobs before returning to writing fiction. Now that she has, she can't imagine doing anything else!
Her nine titles have won her seven CLF Notable Book Awards, an NZ Post Honour Award, Sir Julius Vogel Award, White Raven, and more. Her latest title, Evie's War, tells the story of a young New Zealander who works

Cattra's Legacy (2 books)
  • Cattra's Legacy (Cattra's Legacy #1)