Start by marking “Waste Not: And Other Funny Zombie Stories” as Want to Read:
Waste Not: And Other Funny Zombie Stories

Waste Not: And Other Funny Zombie Stories

Although completely discordant on the surface, zombies and comedy complement one another immensely and have a long history of doing so. This collection of three funny zombie stories nods to that tradition and continues it.

Waste Not - The coming of zombies forces humankind back to the land, to a simple lifestyle where ‘Waste Not, Want Not’ becomes more than a motto, it bec
Published May 9th 2014 by Poise and Pen Publishing (first published May 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Waste Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waste Not

Start your review of Waste Not: And Other Funny Zombie Stories
Iseult Murphy
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful collection

Is there anything better than zombie stories? Funny zombie stories!
The three tales in this collection are absolutely brilliant, both for their zombie goodness and their original take on the genre. It’s very hard to choose which one I liked best.
I recommend this is zombie lovers everywhere.
Rachel
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fun little collection of humorous and off-beat zombie stories. Zombies aren't generally my thing (I don't know why, they just creep me out) but I do love a good dose of dark humor, which Parrish definitely delivers!

The collection includes:

Waste Not – The coming of zombies forces humankind back to the land, to a simple lifestyle where ‘Waste Not, Want Not’ becomes more than a motto, it becomes the key to survival. And revenge.

Feeders – The zombie apocalypse will affect more than just h
Virginia Carraway-Stark
Funny zombie stories? Yep. If you like zombies, have a strong stomach and a sense of humor to go with you then you will love this collection of short stories. It's a tough choice between them, but if forced to choose I would have to pick, '...Oh My!' as my favorite story. I mean, it starts off with a drunk munchkin on his way home. Oh! The munchikins were all drunk when Dorothy landed in Oz, suddenly, it all makes a lot more sense! How does this lead to zombies? Well, I was pretty curious about ...more
Aly
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this was a creative group of zombies short stories. I enjoyed them and laughed at a few even. I think this was a cute book. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Ronald Keeler
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Waste Not And Other Funny Zombie Stories by Rhona Parrish has a mildly deceptive title as there are only three stories; Waste Not, Feeders, and …Oh, My. These are extremely short stories as will be these comments.

Waste Not

She was grumpy at the way her Granpa woke her with an immediate demand to get up and do the chores. He compared her to her dad saying they were equally lazy. She had loved her dad. After a quick breakfast, she went out to milk the cow and check the fence that protected them fro
Amber
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Full disclosure: I've been online friends with Rhonda for several years and I tend to think anything she does is pretty great.

Waste Not is a very small collection; it contains a total of three stories. You can either drag it out over several days or buckle down and read it all in one sitting.

The first story is a realistic look at the limitations placed upon a farming family when zombies are out and about. It's about payback with a chuckle.

The second story is a cat's eye view of what happens when
Tom Geyskens
Tom Geyskens
rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2019
Rhonda
May 13, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Evelyn
Aug 13, 2014

• Our Biggest Fears
  • Encampment by the Gorge
  • The Necessary Arthur
  • Moonlight, Gunshot, Mallet, Flame (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 49)
  • The Case of the Somewhat Mythic Sword
  • Dead Voices (Small Spaces #2)
  • Scratches
  • Nightmare Asylum & Other Deadly Delights
  • Sole Survivor
  • The Girl in the Storm (Paradigm Trilogy, #2)
  • Leech
  • The Odyssey of the Dragolitha: Essence Within
  • Earthcore
  • Mark of a Demon
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
  • Rabbit Hole: a gripping mystery thriller that will keep you guessing
  • My Little Kelpie (Fractured Fairy Tales #6)
  • Half-Sick Of Shadows
Like a magpie, Rhonda Parrish is constantly distracted by shiny things. She’s the editor of many anthologies and author of plenty of books, stories and poems.

She lives with her husband and three cats in Edmonton, Alberta, and she can often be found there playing Dungeons and Dragons, bingeing crime dramas or cheering on the Oilers.

Her website, updated regularly, is at http://www.rhondaparrish.com