Start by marking “Wished Away (A Broken Fairy Tale, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wished Away (A Broken Fairy Tale, #2)

Wished Away

(A Broken Fairy Tale #2)

Imagine that you were married to the love of your life and had a happy family. Now imagine everything was destroyed in an instant, making you question who you are and how you can possibly go on once the one person you truly love is gone.

It is a rare thing to find your soul mate, but Jess found true love in Dave when they were only teenagers. They've built a happy life toge
Published August 5th 2014 by S.P. Cervantes (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Wished Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wished Away

She Hearts Books
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Decker mendoza
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hooked on this series of books. I love that we continue in the lives of lifelong friends and see what they are up too. I love the friendships. romance, drama and surprises. I have very limited time to read for enjoyment, so I found myself sneaking 5-10 minutes here and there just to see what was happening. LOVE!
Mihaela
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is the second installment in S.P. Cervantes’s A Broken Fairy Tale series. Here https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... you can find our blog’s review for Dust to Dust, the first volume.

In Wished Away we get to find out more about Jessica and Dave. I am sorry to say that I couldn’t really connect with these characters. Don’t get me wrong. All of them are great but I guess I fell in love with Cam and Holden and now I keep comparing everyone else with them and they come short.

This story is a
DJ Sakata
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I will forever remember how perfect his lips feel against mine with our last kiss, and keep that memory locked away for the rest of my life.”

“I feel like I’m walking through life skinned alive and my memories are like a gust of wind scraping across my exposed, raw skin.”

“You’re the pulse that keeps my heart beating. Everything I do is for you.”

My Review:

An emotional and intriguing tale. We start off with a couple in love, epic love, having been friends since the age of six. But
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I truly have been enjoying the Broken Fairy Tale series by S.P. Cervantes. This book for me took it up a notch and the author delivered a magically beautiful and emotional story, this book even better than the first and I look forward to what S.P. has for us next.

Wished Away follows the story of Jess and Dave who we met in Dust to Dust. These two characters have the perfect marriage and relationship having known each other since children, always being each other's constant support and having a l
Shannon Daniel
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wished Away – SP Cervantes
***** - 5 stars

So, I want to give this book a billion stars plus infinity. It’s that wonderful. I absolutely love this series. It’s about a close knit group of friends who’ve grown up together, found love together, and experienced life together. This series is about family, fun, love, and hope. It’s also sexy as hell and very emotional.

When you read this book you will feel. You will feel joy, pain, hurt, happiness, sadness, but mostly you will feel hope and love. This
Amy
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
*****Contains some spoilers*****

Wished Away follows the story of Jess and Dave. They've known one another since they were little kids. Dave has always been there for Jess and their love was a love that not many got the chance to experience. They were truly happy and had everything going for them: The perfect, happy family and a satisfying marriage. But, one night will change everything. Dave is killed in the line of duty and Jess' whole world falls apart. Jess is lost and doesn't know how to go
Autumn Review
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edited
You won't want to miss this book! It's emotional, gripping and definitely passionate!
Andrea
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very nice
Romancerwblog
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars

Have you ever read a book that completely takes you by surprise, one you thought sounded good, but it was by an author you haven't read before so you didn't know what to expect; but then you finish the story and find yourself completely blown away by just how much you loved everything about it? Well, that is exactly how I feel about S.P. Cervantes' newest release, Wished Away. To be honest I'm a little intimidated to even write this review because I don't know what words to use t
Danielle from Short and Sassy

Wished Away is much more than a love story . The story starts off with Jess and Dave. They are childhood sweethearts, who grew up to get their fairytale, even if it is only for a short while. Jess and Dave are married and so in love. They are the couple everyone sees and wishes they were. They have great jobs they love, a child and each other. What more could they want out of life? They are the fairytale!

In a blink of an eye, their fairytale is lost when Dave is killed on duty as a police offic
Bruce Blanchard
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the Dark and Into the Light

In your life you have the true love almost defining your very life. All started with the first meeting, first touch, first stolen kiss. The light of love bathed the both of you and two became one in a love always and forever. That will never end or ever change, glowing brighter - or does it?
S.P. Cervantes writes a follow up to the series A Broken Fairy Tale first introduced in Dust to Dust. Wished Away takes the same characters and shifts the focus to the violen
Bridger Bitches
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, harper
When people that are beyond special to you leave this earth you sometimes feel as if you can’t live anymore. What is the point of moving on and living your life when they are no longer here. In this book you are going to feel really emotional. I choked up during a lot of different scenes in this story. The author did a great job of making you feel exactly how the character was feeling. You felt it in your soul that you just wanted to reach out and comfort a fictional character. Even though you k ...more
Jenn
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!!! This is the second book in the series but could easily be read as a standalone!! This story follows the life of a close group of friends and their lives. I absolutely loved the storyline, the friendships, the romance and everything else in between. I was unable to put this book down! I read it in one sitting without taking a break! If I am able to do that with a book, it is a definite must read! If you purchase this book, you will not regret it! Well done S.P, you wrote a ph ...more
Jess
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know those books that gut you to the core and everything inside you breaks for the characters then to add insult to injury, the location which is used in said book is close to your heart...yup...that's this book and to be honest, it is the entire A Broken Fairy Tale series.

I could go into detail about why you should read this book, but honestly I wouldn't do the book or the author a bit of justice. So as a reader of entirely too many book and a chic who grew up around the Jersey Shore, do yo
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-drc
Sweet, Romantic, Tearjerker, soooo not my usual read but I LOVED it. Tastefully done love scenes (not sex scenes). I 'm calling it love scenes because you can feel the love between the couple. Very good storyline, my first of this kind. Plus, I really like the dual POVs. A very good read.

Kelly Anders
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
Take my breath away!!!

Take my breath away!!!

From the moment I started this book, I was hooked! What a beautiful story. The characters are so vivid and the author perfectly places each one!

This book was a recommendation from a friend, and sat on my TBR for a few weeks, but I'm so mad I didn't read it immediately!

Ugly cry?? YES! Happy cry?? ABSOLUTELY!

I can't wait to read her next book! LOVE!!!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!
April
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another perfect broken fairy tale. I give this 5/5 Butterflies & Rainbows <3 Sit down, buckle up and hold on tight. This rollercoaster ride will be sure to mess with your emotions! Enjoy the most perfect ride ever!
Southern Belle Book Blog
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Where have I been?! How did I not know about S.P. Cervantes. Seriously. Seriously! Give me a second to be wow'd. This woman can write a love story. She makes you feel. She pulls out every emotion you can fathom. She'll make you cry heartbroken tears, but put that broken heart right back together again. I'm in love with this author.

Wished Away is the second in the A Broken Fairy Tale series, following Dust to Dust. It could be read as a standalone but I can't say it enough - Don't short yourself.
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
his is a story about finding love, having it all taken away, and discovering that moving on doesn’t mean forgetting the past.
Goodness..What a Lovely story that pulls at your Heart Strings :)
Wished Away is the 2nd book in the “A Broken Fairy Tale” Series. DUST TO DUST is the first book of the series and introduces you to the close relationships these five friends have with each other. This book can be read as a stand alone. I really enjoyed this second book and I believe I liked it more then the
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-faves, mglb
Holy cow! What an awesome read! Wished Away is the second book in the Broken Fairytale Series by S.P. Cervantes. I really enjoyed the first book, Dust to Dust, but this book blew me away!

In an instant, life changes for Jess and Dave (we met them in the first book.) O.M.G. Heartbreak. I cried through out this book. Just when I though Jess and Dave were free again, I was pulled back to the heartache. It was up and down, and I could do nothing but hold on for the emotional roller coaster. This book
Chelsea Hockenberry ~ Author Groupies
Wished Away is the second book in the Broken Fairy Tale Series by S.P. Cervantes. Readers met Jess and Dave in Dust to Dust. These high school sweethearts are very much in love and are the parents to an adorable daughter. When tragedy strikes Jess and her friends they are left to figure out how to go on without Dave. Jess, now a widowed mother, is surviving, not living and she doesn’t know how to change her life.
Gage knows loss as well. After losing his wife a year before Dave dies, his job is
Katharine Cordy
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this more stars. I don't know why but a book that can make me ugly cry through the whole thing makes me love it that much more. Dave and Jess have loved each other since they were kids. They both knew there was no one else for the other person. Dave was sheriff, something he always dreamed of doing. One night on the job the unthinkable happens and he dies on the job while saving a young child. This was the worst thing Jess could imagine happening.

This is her story. Everythin
Luisa Coppock Duffield
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book...FIVE STARS!!! Finding love is difficult enough in this crazy world and I couldn't put this book down when I realized the main character, Jess, had found it twice. The love story is complete and real and I went on an emotional roller coater ride with the characters from start to finish. As much as I love the story about Jess, I find the circle of friends so endearing that I long to be part of their group. Can't wait to read more in the series and looking forward to mor ...more
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wished Away touched my heart and squeezed, never letting go. Maybe I bonded with this book because of the age range of the characters or maybe for the reason that we never know what will happen in life. Either way....I was hooked.

Neena Christianson Martin
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult
This book made me laugh, cry, and want to hug someone. Never take life for granted, because you never know when it can change in an instant. This book will teach you about true love, sacrifice, and how strong the human spirit can be.
Lisa Survillas
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Be ready with tissue. This is an emotional book.
Mare
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Loved it!
Lisa
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
The author is a friend's sister....definitely a modern day romance novel. Not bad if you like a good love story.
Janet Hammons
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap

So amazing and emotional. Loved it. I cried and laughed. I was even mad at one point and cursed. I love this book. Dave and Gage are awesome.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Ballistic (Detroit After Dark #4)
  • Anonymously Yours (Yours, #1)
  • 3 Breaths
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • Burning Truth (Burning, #2)
  • Beautiful Misery (Beautiful, #2)
  • Sweet Southern Betrayal (The Boys are Back in Town, #3)
  • Assumptions (Assumed Expectations, #1)
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included, #2)
  • Undressed (Ashton/Rosemoor, #3)
  • Diamond (Rare Gems, #2)
  • Flash and Dazzle
  • Justice (Bad Boys of X-Ops, #2)
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • A Special Connection
  • Oregon Bride (Bride Series, #3)
  • Together Forever Across Time (Train Through Time, #2)
  • Livvy (Choisie, #4)

S.P Cervantes lives in Orange County, California with her husband and three children, where she is a teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family, writing, reading, and running, but is always thinking of an idea for her next novel.
The dystopian romance An Impossible World will be released on July 25, 2017.
S.P. Cervantes is the author of the highly rated New Adult Romantic Fantasy series Secr

A Broken Fairy Tale (4 books)
  • Dust to Dust (A Broken Fairy Tale, #1)
  • His Jar of Hearts (A Broken Fairy Tale, #3)
  • Boxed Set: A Broken Fairy Tale Series Collection