Start by marking “Falling by Design (Falling, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling by Design (Falling, #1)

Falling by Design

(Falling #1)

Brooklynn Summers has a plan for her life: graduate from high school, get into a top fashion school, prove to her family that she’s not a failure. She wishes someone in her life understood her need to create because her parents sure don’t support her dreams, her sister hates her, and the deadlines are soon approaching.

Enter Grayson Banks.

There are a few things in life Br
Published March 11th 2014 by Valia Lind (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Falling by Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling by Design

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
257 books — 1,974 voters
Taking Chances by Molly McAdamsThoughtless by S.C. StephensAmy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan MatsonLeaving Paradise by Simone ElkelesBetween the Lines by Tammara Webber
Holding Hands
281 books — 359 voters

More lists with this book...

Barbara
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of sweet young adult romance
5 sweet stars!!!

description

**I received a free copy of this book in blog tour in exchange for an honest review**

Okay, I'll admit it, the first thing that attracted me to this book was that breathtakingly beautiful cover. I also wanted to read sweet young adult contemporary romance for a while. That used to be my favorite genre before I started reading new adult, erotica and some really messed up stuff.

I had so much fun reading Falling by Design. It was a perfect novel with amazing characters mixed with sl
Allison
Sep 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm going to start this review now because this may end up being a DNF for me... For only one reason:

THE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS ARE INFURIATING.

Brooklynn (ugh) doesn't have a single conversation- NOT ONE- with her best friends, Chance (ugh) and Dakota (ugh), where they aren't trying to force her to date her former bully, Grayson (ugh).

What kind of friends are these? They are relentless. Over and over again Brooklynn tells them that he made her life miserable for years and she's not interested in
diana
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Win a signed copy of Falling By Design! Click here.

I cannot believe this! This is so frustrating! Honestly Valia you can't just write a book that great and have it end that way. I need two more chapters of Brooklynn and Grayson's awesomeness.

Falling by Design is sweet, funny and... fashionable? I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the humor, the quirkiness and every freaking moment in this book. You rarely meet a person as untrusting as Brooklynn. After so many doses of disappointments from the
Natasha
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5/5 Stars.

A cute contemporary with tons of teenage angst. In some parts, the angst was a little repetitive (coupled with slow pacing), but in a whole it really captured the essence of the situation. The romance was very slow-budding, but it evolved nicely. (Yay for no insta-love!)

Brooklyn as a character was likable and annoying at the same time. I admired her strength and her stance on not giving up on her dreams, but she also had so many trust issues. Understandably so, but still seeing her g
Lisa
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Falling by Design by Valia Lind is a standalone young adult romance set during the senior year of Brooklyn and Grayson. Let me just say "awwww". This story was so sweet. Boy meets girl, boy is in third grade (or so), boy likes girl, boy tortures girl. Fast-forward to twelfth grade and Grayson is back in town after having moved away and Brooklyn is NOT happy. She remember how he humiliated her in elementary school and she will NOT forgive.

Well, she does, but the story of getting there is funny an
Paige
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had heard some great things about this book, one of my awesome friends gave it to me for Christmas. This book is so darling, from the characters to the story I loved it.

I can really relate to how much fashion and design mean to Brooklyn, as I study fashion. I could also relate a lot to the photography aspect. The story is one of my favourite kinds, childhood enemy's that reunite, brilliant!

The characters are awesome I really liked Brooklyn's personality and the way she handled things, I foun
Grace
4 stars

This reads like a cute teen movie. Not bad; it had the usual teenage angst and fighting for your dreams sort of thing. I would have given this 4.5 or even 5 stars if it had been copy-edited. I cringe every time I see grammatical errors and easy spelling mistakes. It’s frustratingly distracting and my desire to tame my pet peeve kicks into high gear.

Characters were well developed. I was drawn to Grayson and Brooklynn. Their vulnerability make them complex, their struggles heartfelt. You ca
Robert Jelen
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great novel for teens

I really enjoyed this novel. I am sure that teens will like it even more. The romance between Brooklynn and Grayson was so sweet and really brought back that giddy feeling I remember from my first romance. I highly recommend this for teens or anyone looking to read about young love.

Jordan
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Check out the Falling by Design blog tour!
Cecilia Richards
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
So I was in the mood for something light, something make my heart sing and Falling by Design did exactly what I wanted. My heart is soaring so high that I don't know when it will come back down to Earth. I loved this book wholeheartedly and I really could not put it down, finishing it within a night. I connected with Brooklynn on so many levels that it really could have been me in the story. Valia Lind has a way with words and crafted a wonderful and beautiful story.
'"I'm not running."
"Please, e
Jessie
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was very hard to put down, but I took away a star for the grammar/spelling errors throughout (i.e. principle instead of principal), and the rather simplistic writing. But, I enjoyed it and would recommend.
Emma
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-wishlist-ya
3.5/5

Cute story on the whole a little repetitive in parts with the angst but emotionally connecting.

The synopsis gives the plot in detail so there is no need to recap any of it :) The characterizations were well developed piecing together not only Brooklynn and Grayson’s interactions in the present alongside their shared history, but also their individual home lives and the how specific incidents have shaped them into the person they are today.

Both characters are very endearing allowing a deep c
Kirke
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I think it's been a while since I've read such a sweet honest young adult contemporary romance. My smile didn't leave my face from the moment I finished the first page.

Brooklynn has known since she was five years old that she would become a fashion designer. Unfortunately some bullying from on Grayson Banks and a total lack of support on the homefront might have dented her self confidence a bit. She still designs and makes clothes, she just stopped wearing them.

Now it's senior year and things ar
Once
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
OUT's Review

Cate Biblio
So, I got this story on my kindle for either really cheap or free. I can't remember. I was expecting a cute, cliché romance where the girl falls in love with the boy who used to bully her. For the most part, this was the plot.

What pulled me into reading this story was the fact that Brooklyn was a aspiring fashion designer and that her parents didn’t accept this future career. One of the things I would hope to be when I’m a little older is a fashion designer. I love designing clothes. And also, m
Dani Foster
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Omg! Such a sweet book!!! I knew I was going to love this book and I'm glad it didn't fail in my expectations! Get ready for the gushing!

Let's talk about the characters:

Brooklynn was such a loveable character. She was so funny! Her interactions with her friends and Grayson were a joy to read! She already knew who she was and what she wanted to be, she just needed to prove it to herself and her family. I loved the fashion side of things. One of my close friends is very passionate about fashion so
Deitre
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story brings me back. To the middle school years, of being picked at by a boy in class, that probably liked you, but instead of a normal conversation treated you so bad, because that was the only way they knew how to talk to a girl, making fun and doing mean things, was as far it ever went. This is the connection that first comes to mind when reading Falling by Design, by Valia Lind. Falling by Design is a very quick and easy read. Very realistic in it's story line, the plot truly keeps the ...more
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!

4.5!!!

"Maybe it's foolish to dream of white knights and Prince Charmings, but I truly believe the right guy is out there for me. I just have to be trusting enough to let him come into my life."

I'm pretty sure Brooklyn isn't the only one who ever thought/said this before.

Ahhh, I love everything in this story. Just everything. There's a lot of Awww moments. It's so sweet and It will really left you smiling.

Brooklyn. The way I relate to her really surprised me. It's like I'm reading my own thoug
Jena
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Falling By Design is such a super cute read! I couldn't get enough of Grayson and Brooklynn's adorable love game.

Brooklynn's senior year takes a turn for the worst when her childhood bully returns after being away for years. Or so she thinks it's for the worst. I loved watching Brooklynn break out of her shell, not run away and show the world what she's made of. I give her a ton of credit for standing up to her parents constantly and not backing down either. Plus her relationship with her best f
Brenda Pandos
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying this story ROCKS! Meet Brooklynn and Grayson. Grayson was that annoying, pesky, immature, mean boy in elementary school that purposefully did things to embarrass Brooklyn and made her life miserable. Fast forward a few years--he's back. Grayson claims he's changed and wants a second chance, but Brooklyn has to protect herself. Grayson can't possibly think she'd forget how horrible he treated her, could he? And worse, is this only a trick to lure her in, then hurt her o ...more
Turtlefrog
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
This book had so much potential. But IMO just fell flat.

The synopsis on GR really had me believing I was going to get a really awesome read. Maybe even something along the lines of Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas or The Bet (The Bet, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken. Both of which I thought were amazing.
But sadly this story failed to do anything other than make me wish I was getting to the end of the story faster as the chapters progressed. It almost was a DNF for me. Brooklynn was not a strong female lead as opposed to the female leads in the above mentioned books. In a
I Eat Words
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a cute, easy, and fun read to slip into your beach bag as you lay out by the water then Falling by Design is for you. It's a YA contemporary romance where you find yourself completely invested in the characters who all have such differing personalities. Brooklynn, the main character, has a creative mind but a practical heart. She doesn't want to let her guard down when it comes to Grayson, a boy she's known growing up. Grayson just happened to by *that* boy--the boy who mad ...more
Kissed by Ink
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brooklynn Summers loathes Grayson Banks, has ever since they were little. Now they're older and after being apart for a few years, they're forced back together to work together on a school project.

I absolutely adore Valia's writing style. It flows so easily on the page and she draws you immediately into the story. I cared about the relationship between Grayson and Brooklynn. I rooted for Grayson the ENTIRE time. He was sweet and cocky at the same time, which is exactly what he should be.

Just o
Melinda
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really REALLY wanted to give this a full five stars, but there were a few things about the plot that bugged me a bit. The main character, Brooklynn, was extremely insecure about basically everything and both of her "best friends" were continuously pushing her to go out with her childhood tormentor. Everything worked out in the end, but both things took away from what was truly a wonderful book.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: giveaways
This book sounds promising. I'm excited to start reading it. I'm a big fan of story's where the guy attempts to win the girl over after he's been a jerk and Grayson seems to fit into that category. I'll leave a more thorough review when I'm done reading :)
Amanda (Good Choice Reading)
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well that was adorable. Perfect little light, sweet, but still meaningful YA contemporary. Review to come during the blog tour!
Lainey
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
You can check out my full video non-spoiler review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOASU...
Courtney Marie
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I connected with the characters especially the main character.
Brittney Mulliner
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great value

What a surprise! This is a fabulous book and I can't wait to read the next one! finally a realistic love story

Giulliana Riva
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤ ...more
Young Adult Conte...: #30 Falling by Design by Valia Lind 5 10 Jul 29, 2016 05:47PM

• Escape the Doubt (Shifting, #1)
  • Angel Astrology 101: Discover the Angels Connected with Your Birth Chart
  • Psycho Inside Me
  • If You Only Knew (Trust No One, #3)
  • Lingering Echoes (Lingering Echoes, #1)
  • In the Bad Boy's Bed
  • Stolen Songs (Stolen Songs, #1)
  • The Smart Girl's Guide to God, Guys, and the Galaxy: Save the Drama! and 100 Other Practical Tips for Teens
  • A Date of Godlike Proportions (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2.5)
  • The Yearbook
  • Remember Me Always
  • Fight (Struggle, #2)
  • Fixing Freddie
  • Flawed Perfection (Beautifully Flawed, #1)
  • Better with Ben (How to Tame a Heartbreaker, #3)
  • Twisted Games (The Fate Trilogy #2)
  • Hush (Fighting Fate, #2)
  • White Walls (Asylum, #2)
Author. Photographer. Artist. Born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia, Valia Lind has always had a love for the written word. She wrote her first published book on the bathroom floor of her dormitory, while procrastinating to study for her college classes. Upon graduation, she has moved her writing to more respectable places, and has found her voice in Young Adult fiction. Her YA thriller, Piece ...more

Falling (2 books)
  • Edge of Falling (Falling #2)