Start by marking “Launching Missional Communities: A Field Guide” as Want to Read:
Launching Missional Communities: A Field Guide

Launching Missional Communities: A Field Guide

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  67 ratings  ·  9 reviews
What is a Missional Community? Where did Missional Communities come from? How did they develop? How can your community begin launching and multiplying Missional Communities? This a practical, insiders look, giving you the tools to make MCs come alive in your church.
Kindle Edition
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Launching Missional Communities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Launching Missional Communities

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Justin Reeve
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!
Sean
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a comprehensive field guide that is not only thought out well, but put together logically. The trouble for me was contextualizing this. This is a field guide for church planters (as it deals with everything from worship with children present to missional communities for senior citizens). I am a youth pastor. I read this book in the hopes of generating new ideas and reformatting our current small group method. So it was a bit of a challenge to take "Big Church" principles and see how they ...more
Haije Bergstra
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Missional communities could be a next step in setting up churches. This book focusses mainly on the transistion from existing "mainline" churches to churches that consist of missional communities. In that way the line of thinking moves into renewal of the existing church. A missional community is a group of 20-50 people that come together to be church that disciples people and operate in a outgoing way in the community they live in. As a churchplanter I was curious how these ideas could help to ...more
Benjamin
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an incredibly practical read that sparked my imagination many times, leaving me eager to get into the practice of what I was reading. There is a contagious energy within these pages, an energy that effected me regardless of actually making a "missional community" happen.

The most helpful piece for me was seeing a timeline (of sorts) for putting something like this in motion. Even more, the "think through these" lists were great for inner dialog and day dreaming.

I am left imagining, Wha
Tim Beck
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
what a great, practical book about how to launch missional communities. it truly is a field guide. so many practical ways to initiate a missional community. i am eager to put a lot that i learned in to practice. i am sure that i will be relying on this book a lot - it's the kind of book that i'll be going back to time and time again.

Great resource!
Jonathan
The material covered and vision of the book were exceptional. However, Breen's writing style is often redundant. Here the book tended toward disorganization for a frustrating read. Given enough time and patience, however, the very important topics began to distill themselves. I suspect that I will re-read this book as we begin to enact the missional community objectives discussed herein.
Daunavan Buyer
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missional
This was a great book for people who are serious about shifting to a church with a missional culture and understanding. This book is extremely practical and provides step-by-step ways that leaders can launch missional communities in their context. Very good.
Benjamin
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an incredibly practical read. It has keyed my imagination and excited me toward practice.
Daniel Wells
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I wish the book was longer and went into some details of questions I have, this is the best book out there on the topic. So it deserves 5 stars. Basically, get anything by Breen.
Mike Long