Start by marking “The Closer I Get to You” as Want to Read:
The Closer I Get to You

The Closer I Get to You (Cochran/Deveraux #8)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Clayton Day has always been afraid of commitment. Until he meets Riannah Moore. She wants more than just a fling. Riannah isn't going to be happy until she gets a wedding ring on her man's finger - and the man she has chosen is Clayton.
Published April 1st 2006 by Kimani Press

Dee's Reading Zone
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My all-time favorite book by MELANIE SCHUSTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jazzypom
Aug 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people who like overly sweet aa romance
This book went on 100 pages too long.

Paris and Titus have known each other for a while now, through her family connections, shared events, and just time. Paris has a yen for Titus, but Titus is really distant, and has his own reasons for not getting involved. Through various incidents, Titus' resolve is tested and he does a REO Speedwagon and can't fight this feeling any more (in a nutshell).

On the face of the book, via the blurb, I thought the story would be relatively straight forward. If the
Marie Mendez
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant As Usual

Paris & Titus what a fantastic storyline. Miss Matchmaker finally matched. The story behind Titus's life was compelling and very emotional, brilliant twist in the storyline.
Crystal
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Cochran/Deveraux book. I am so glad that Titus and Paris found love in each other. Paris is truly remarkable and she brought something to Titus' life that he had closed himself off to without him even knowing that she had done it. Her gentle spirit is just what he needed to heal all his wounds. There were destined to be together and once she got over being shy and he realized where his heart belonged everything was alright in their world and there is another couple in wedded bliss ...more
D.lee
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As with all Ms Schusters books, I loved this book. I have been waiting for Paris and Titus' story for a long time and it was definitely worth the wait. As was expected being the man that he is Titus got in deeper than he expected and let his mouth get him in trouble. Even though everybody sees Paris as an innocent sweetheart, she lets Titus know she is not a whimp. I thought Paris' added adventure was a nice twist and I'm glad the questions about Titus' heritage were answered. I can't wait to re ...more
Annette Jenkins
This was a fantastic book to read. I love the fact the Titus didn't care about Paris's body type. He's a big man and like he said "he needs something to hold on to." I love the flow of the book and ms. schuster is one of my favorite romance authors. Pick the book up I promise you will not put it down until you read the entire thing. I read this book within 4 1/2 hours. I wanted to know what was gonna happen on the next page.
Shawnette
Jul 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Read

I enjoyed this novel. I like Melanie Schuster's writting style. Enjoyed the romance between Titus and Paris. And also enjoyed the closeness of all her family and friends. She definitely was a loved, young woman. And once Titus realized that he loved her the story couldn't get any better. I mean the brother definitely put his foot in his mouth, but in the end, he redeemed himself beautifully with the help of Trey!
Marie Antoine
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mrs. Shuster did it again.

This book was the best one out of all her books. it was sweet , romantic and with very funny characters. you will not be disappointed after reading this book. it goes to show you that true love does exist for unexpected people. even though misunderstanding and bad judgements. this book will have you Ohhing and ahhing throughout the whole book. and will have you laughing thoughts the end. a must read! A+++
Paula
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. Melanie Schuster has never disappointed me. The youngest of the Devereaux female cousins is always matchmaking and meddling. Finally she has a chance to be with her true love. Paris makes self improvements for herself not for anyone else. In doing so, she sweetens the pot for protective lover Titus. I loved this story and encourage you to read the whole Devereaux-Cochran Series and share in the love, passion, heat and stuggles between the families !!
Connie
Although I liked the story, the myriad grammatical errors hindered comprehension and disrupted the flow. The various twists and turns enhanced the story but Paris and Titus seemed to spend most of their time trying to overcome the many obstacles in their way. The honeymoon in France was extremely confusing. I think I missed a chunk of the plot. Who is Corey?
Kelly
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!

Titus and Paris are my new favorite couple!! This book was sexy and romantic, with a bit of drama and intrigue thrown in to make a die hard fan read all night until The End is on her Kindle! Awesome addition to the series!
Leigh-Anne Ford Lyons
Never give up on love

Melanie Schuster is an excellent writer and I truly enjoy reading this series. This book is very intense and hard to put down. This series is for the true romantic. Keep them coming.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Titus and Paris was a way that love should blossom and grew over time. Age again becomes an issue for one and that makes for an interesting first encounter.

This romance encompasses a little suspense and some drama also. But being a romance the love wins in the end.
Victoria
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
finally.....i loved loved this book!!!!
Sophie Sealy
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second to Bennie and Clay I absolutely love Paris and Titus, love them.
Margie Moran
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Closer of get to you

If you like love stories you will love this one really enjoyed it is so good chould not put it down hope you e joy it margie
Lanetta Dickens
Nov 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
The book was pretty long, but good
Tamika Featherstone
I love this series and I can't for books 9 & 10 to come out in ebook form, especially because I can't find the paperbacks anywhere. I waited a long time to read Paris's story.
Deborah Sudduth
Sep 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I love the characters!
Kenyatta Wade
  • Nobody But You
  • Three Times a Lady
  • One Special Moment
  • Love Takes Time
  • Imagine Us (Mayne Attraction #2)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Seduced on the Red Carpet
  • For You I Do

Cochran/Deveraux (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lucky In Love