Start by marking “Sweet Home Carolina (Magnolia Bay #2; Island Bliss #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Home Carolina (Magnolia Bay #2; Island Bliss #3)

Sweet Home Carolina

(Magnolia Bay #2)

Darcy Vance has sunk every cent she has into making Mimosa House the best bed and breakfast in Magnolia Bay. But the key to her success lies in the hands of the Historic Preservation Society run by the Bloom bitches who are embarrassed about their father’s connection to the storied house and they have no intention of validating it with a spot on the society’s registry.

Published May 10th 2014 by Tule Publishing Group, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Home Carolina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Home Carolina

Start your review of Sweet Home Carolina (Magnolia Bay #2; Island Bliss #3)
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I loved Sweet Home Carolina so much, but not only for the obvious hot love story. Darcy and Trent were so good together, hot, cold, angry, frustrated and all the emotions of figuring out exactly what love is – and how the heck you react to something you never planned on. But their story isn’t the only one I want to touch on in this review.

This story has a serious side story of girlfriend power. You know the girl code, right? If a guy hurts your girlfriend then
Sue
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Sweet Home Carolina by Kim Boykin, Darcy has left her profession as a lawyer to follow her dream. She's bought a historical home in Magnolia Bay and is renovating it into a B & B. With money tight, Darcy feels like she's running into endless road blocks as she tries to get her B & B not only up and running, but on the historical list which will really get the B & B noticed. The house used to be a brothel, and no one really likes to remember that.

Darcy meets Trent, who is home in
Chris McFarland
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Darcy Vance has sunk just about everything she has into buying and renovating a former brothel in order to open her very own Bed and Breakfast. Unfortunately, Mimosa House comes with an embarrassing history to the Bloom Family, who just happens to run the Historical Society Board, and control the Historical Home Tours. Without being on the Home Tour Mimosa House has virtually no chance of attracting customers...or making money.

Trent Mauldin has just lost his PGA Tour card after failing to
Emma
Sweet Home Carolina by kim boykin
This is the story of Darcy Vance and Trent Mauldin.
After losing his PGA card, Trent Mauldin has
Moran
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it

Sweet Home Carolina is book #2 in the Magnolia Bay series and I enjoyed it but not as much as the other 2 books in the series (Bet the House an Pick me by Erika Marks .

In Sweet Home Carolina we meet Darcy Vance that left her job as an attorney and decides to move to Magnolia Bay to restore an historic property and turn it into a bed and breakfast.

Early on when she renovate the house she find out that it's going to cost her more money than she thought and on top of it she is having
Katrina Epperson
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful story about both a romance and starting over. We meet Darcy Vance, a lawyer from Atlanta, has moved to Magnolia Bay after a break up with her boyfriend. She decides to fulfill her dreams by opening a bed and breakfast so she purchases Mimosa House. What she doesn't realize is both the work and money it's going to take to make her dream come to life. Unfortunately in Mimosa House was historically a "cat house" and the first family of Magnolia Bay would love nothing more than ...more
Judith Vee
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Girlfriends are important

Girlfriends are important

Darcy leaves her successful job as an attorney after catching her boyfriend and her assistant in a compromising position, to follow her dream of owning a bed and breakfast. She sinks all her savings into buying and restoring the beautiful Mimosa House to its former glory; the only catch is that it was originally a brothel and the town's Historical Society will do anything to stop her.

When Darcy meets Trent there is mutual attraction but Darcy has
Shelagh
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's smart and sassy with lead characters I couldn't help but like, and was a darned good read from the first page. Darcy, our heroine, former lawyer and owner of the Mimosa House B&B, takes the reader through her feelings, viewpoints and experiences in the first person, which was a little difficult for me to get used to at first, but it wasn't long before I got comfortable with this writing style. It made my appreciation of all that happened to Darcy that much more ...more
Kerry Croucier
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In Kim Boykin's Sweet Home Carolina, Darcy Vance has taken her life savings and purchased Mimosa House, planning to turn it into a stunning historical Bed and Breakfast in Magnolia Bay, South Carolina. Unfortunately, the house was a brothel in its past life, with ties to the leaders of the local Historical Society that they would rather forget. Darcy has an uphill battle trying to convince the Bloom Sisters to allow it onto the Magnolia Bay Memorial Day Historic Home tour. With little money ...more
Nova
Shelves: magnolia-bay
This is the story of Darcy Vance and Trent Mauldin.
Darcy has come to Magnolia Bay to make Mimosa House the best bed & breakfast in town. She has put every bit of money into it. The Historic Preservation Society is in charge of putting the Mimosa House onto the town's registry. They are a bit embarrassed in the fact that there is an association they are not proud of between their father and the house. They will do just about everything to push her request out of any chance of being made a
Carey
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Darcy has left the limelight of a high-profile law career. She's settled in Magnolia Bay to pursue her dream of opening her own B&B. After putting her whole heart and soul..not to mention her entire bank account, as well...into restoring a former brothel, the historic Mimosa House, to its former glory...she runs into a huge snag when the small-minded leaders of the Historical Preservation Society deny her application to have her B&B on their registry. Without their approval, her business ...more
Ginny
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Set in Magnolia Bay, a town outside of Charleston, SC, Kim Boykin has written an incredible story of determination, friendship, and of love.

Darcy sunk her life savings into transforming Mimosa House into a Bed and Breakfast. She quit her job as and attorney, and has worked night and day restoring Mimosa House, watches her savings dwindle while waiting for local historical society to add her house to their upcoming house tour.

Trent is living back home after an injury ended his pro golf career.
Kimberly
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This the second book by Southern Born Books and the 2nd in the Magnolia Bay series. This is the 2nd book I have read by Boykin and her style is fun with spunky determined heroines, which I like.

Darcy is a former top-notch attorney that has giving up practicing and has sunk all her money and dreams in a bed and breakfast that she is making out of a historic house that has quite the reputation. Her success depends on the help of some of the towns matriarchs and they are not easily won over. Trent
Moon Love
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
What's not to like in this entertaining story? You've got a Northern girl, Darcy, whose sunk everything she's got both mentally and financially into a historical home which she didn't know came with a bad personal relationship for the very people she needs to have on her side in order to have the necessary permits for it to be on the historic tour. Not to mention she's getting over a broken heart and Trent Mauldin, hot ex-PGA golfer isn't helping things.

So many things make up a great book. This
Jean
Darcy bought the former brothel in Magnolia Bay with dreams of turning it into a fabulous B&B. Trent is a former golf pro who isn't used to staying in one place for very long.
I absolutely loved Darcy. At every roadblock she encountered in her efforts to get her B&B up and running I just wanted to give her a hug. The best part of the story for me (besides the last chapter of course) was the book club group, and the six girls that invite Darcy into their tight-knit group. There is a
Rosemary K
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Darcy Vance has not received a warm welcome in Magnolia Bay. All she wants to do is open a B&B. It's not her fault that the house was a former brothel. She has worked so hard and risked everything to make her dream come true. Mimosa House is special to her. Then she meets Trent Mauldin. He is handsome and flirty. He's one more complication that she doesn't need. Will she find sweet love here? Kim Boykin has written a wonderful story. There's love, laughter, joy and pain. I love Darcy. She's ...more
Paula Pugh
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Darcy is out to make a new way for herself with renovating a former brothel into a luxurious, period correct B&B in a small southern town. Renovations are going excellently but success has one hitch...the biddies of the Historical Society will never, ever let her B &B be on their tour which would bring in customers and announce to the would that the sweet town had a living large brothel in its midst!
Trent is nephew to the biddies and a handsome nephew to boot. He tries to sway them (and
Janine
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story about going after your dreams and what it takes to get there. New friendships, new love and a new life are all in store for Darcy Vance. While remodeling Mimosa House, a former brothel in Magnolia Bay, Darcy meets Trent Mauldin, a former professional golfer. Little does Darcy know Trent is in town to help his father's business with the plans of building a huge residential community right next to Darcy's B&B. Will they be able to work through their differences in order to let ...more
Laura D
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Darcy has left behind her successful career as a lawyer, and her cheating boyfriend, and put all her money into a B&B in Magnolia Bay. She runs into problems with the historical society because her house use to be a brothel.

Trent is a pro-golfer who has to retire because of an injury. He is back in Magnolia Bay working with his dad. He is use to woman throwing themselves at him.

They meet and sparks fly. Darcy has sworn off men and Trent has no idea how to hit on a woman. I loved watching
Gigi
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Set on the wonderful coast of South Carolina the author Kim Boykin has a wonderful way of describing the local flavor and town that I can just imagine what it looks like.
The story is about Darcy and Trent. When Darcy a lawyer that has given up the law and spent her saving restoring a Historical mansion and turning it into a B&B and Trent an injured professional golfer meet it is an immediate attraction. I am just saying it keeps getting hotter in the Low Country
Denise Stout
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**received a free copy of this book for my honest opinion**

I truly loved this story. Darcy, a former lawyer, is starting over in Magnolia Bay by opening a B&B in a home that was once a brothel. The historical society refuses to put her B&B on the registry due to its illustrious history. Joining a book club gives her a set of new friends who support her business and are there to help her through thick and thin, especially after her new beau Trent, a former pro golfer, leaves her just when
Myla
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Darcy Vance has bought and is currently renovating a beautiful 150 year old ex-brothel she is hoping to turn into a Bed & Breakfast in Magnolia Bay. If only she can get it on the historical homes tour! Trent Mauldin is an ex-PGA pro golfer who's charm goes on for miles. But Darcy is sure she can ignore him and make her dream a reality, even when she needs his help to make that happen.

This was a very sweet story. The characters are well developed and I love the focus on her renovations.
Runner10
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Darcy leaves the fast-paced life of a lawyer in Atlanta to open a B&B in South Carolina. She sinks her entire savings into the renovation project. She faces one obstacle after another. Trent is a local who has recently left the PGA tour. The chemistry between them is so hot.
This is the second book on the Magnolia Bay series. I believe this book is even better than the first book in the series. I have really enjoyed this series and look forward to reading more books by Kim Boykin. She really
Bette Hansen
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Magnolia Bay is a small town with a past they would rather forget. When Darcy Vance bought and renovated the old Mimosa House she had no idea the fight she would get from the older townspeople, but after sinking her life savings into the place she has to fight. Meeting Trent was never in her plans but she can't deny the attraction. But can she trust and rely on him?? Great story set in the wonderful fictional small town of Magnolia Bay. I really enjoyed this one and think others will too. I ...more
Shari
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story set in Magnolia Bay. The story of Darcy, who moved her to follow her dreams of opening up a B and B. Trent who was on the PGA tour is back home, there is an immediate attraction between these two. There are bumps in their relationship but Trent will continue to try and win her over.
This is more than a romance story but a story of following your dreams and not giving up. Kim brought the real flavor of the south in her descriptions and the dialog between the characters. I felt
Renae
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Darcy and Trenton had me chuckling from the beginning. From Darcy hurrying to her hair appointment having to wear her shirt inside out in case she offended Rosie, which she was trying to impress, so she would help with her bed and breakfast being on historical society tour. To mutter her ex boyfriend name every time Trenton came close to her. To Trenton's dad wiping out the front entrance of her bed and breakfast.

He characters keeping you going and the punches falling. Hmm... Does Darcy seem to
Christine
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the ending- it was perfect! Darcy buys a former brothel and is turning it into a bed and breakfast. She runs into a few snags along the way and meets Trent, an unlikely ally. The commodore of the crazy six chicks was great to see between the women. You felt the connection and wanted to be a part of it. Trent and Darcy make a great couple and I look forward to hearing about them in one of the next books.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Brandy
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As the name suggests, this is the sweetest story. I absolutely fell in love with Darcy and Trent’s story, as well as Magnolia Bay. And as a fan of the Magnolia Bay series, I LOVE that the Historical Society was thwarted! This story couldn’t have been more wonderful. Although we only get a glimpse of Jeb, I hope he gets his own story because he seemed like a very nice man.
Kristy Loftis
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Sweet Home Carolina. From the beginning i couldn't figure out how it was going to end which added some suspense for me. I felt like Darcy and Trent just seemed to fit together. I really liked all the detail of the book from fashion to the architecture and the landscape. It ended up being a great book.
Debbie
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sweet Home Carolina is the second Magnolia Bay book. I really liked that we see more of the Bloom sisters, the formidable duo on the Historic Preservation Society board. I kept reading to see how both Darcy and Trent would handle the changes happening in their lives. I'll be looking for more stories from Magnolia Bay.

• Easy Charm (Boudreaux, #2)
  • Easy Melody (Boudreaux, #3)
  • Easy Kisses (Boudreaux, #4)
  • Easy Nights (Boudreaux, #6)
  • Forgotten Angel (Northstar Angels, #4)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • The Hurricane Sisters (Lowcountry Tales, #9)
  • Take This Regret (Regret, #1)
  • Easy Magic (Boudreaux, #5)
  • If Forever Comes (Regret, #2)
  • A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
  • Second Chance at Christmas Inn: A Sweet Small Town Christmas Romance (Love Tries Again Book 3)
  • Some Sort of Love (Happy Crazy Love, #3)
  • Driving Home for Christmas (Billionaire Holiday #1)
  • The Valentine Getaway (Billionaire Holiday #2)
  • Father in Training (Hometown Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Summer Angel (Northstar Angels, #2)
  • Once Burned (Hammond Brothers, #3)
Kim Boykin was raised in her South Carolina home with two girly sisters and great parents. She had a happy, boring childhood, which sucks if you’re a writer because you have to create your own crazy. PLUS after you’re published and you’re being interviewed, it’s very appealing when the author actually lived in Crazy Town or somewhere in the general vicinity.

Almost everything she learned about

Magnolia Bay (9 books)
  • Bet the House (Loveless & Dunn #1; Magnolia Bay #1)
  • Pick Me (Loveless & Dunn #2; Magnolia Bay #3)
  • Holiday at Magnolia Bay (Southern Born Christmas #1; Magnolia Bay #4)
  • Just in Time for Christmas (Island Bliss #4; Southern Born Christmas #2; Magnolia Bay #5)
  • Forget Me Not (Loveless & Dunn #3)
  • A Very Married Christmas (Loveless & Dunn #4; Magnolia Bay #6; Southern Born Christmas #3)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Indigo Island #3; Southern Born Christmas #4; Magnolia Bay #7)
  • Stealing Hearts (Loveless & Dunn #5; Magnolia Bay #8)