Start by marking “Sleep of Death (Charlotte Westing Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sleep of Death (Charlotte Westing Chronicles, #2)

Sleep of Death

(Charlotte Westing Chronicles #2)

Oracles can see the future, but are sworn to never interfere. Charlotte Westing learned this lesson the hard way--but after a series of murders in her small town, she's beginning to wonder if she learned too well. Are there some futures Charlotte as a responsibility to change?

When a new girl with strange powers shows up at school on the same day Charlotte has a vision of
Published June 8th 2014

Start your review of Sleep of Death (Charlotte Westing Chronicles, #2)
Louisa
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, really fantastic book! Really enjoyed Sophie, and how we got to see more of this world, and yeah, I can't wait to read more!
onnolee
Jun 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
I'm dying to read this but why is it not in hardcover yet? i don't have the resources to purchase it in ebook....
Jonicat Motoike
Charlotte is not very bright.
Becky
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
After finishing book 1 and discovering that there was another one to follow I knew I had to download it - it's only currently available on Kindle.

Charlotte is still trying to get over the murders of her classmates and the discovery that she was being used by John. A lesson she had to learn the hard way, but even so she still wants to try and help people, but she has to decide whether to follow the rules and resist her visions or if she should let them come and try to change the future. Then she
Cherith
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-magic
I enjoyed this sequel, even if it was hard to read just like (and for the same reasons that) it was hard to read Sleep No More. I still like Charlotte’s character, even if (and maybe because) she keeps making mistakes. Because maybe tragedy and grief affect our judgment long after. Because maybe things appear different in writing than they do in real life. This story reminded me that people aren’t supposed to heal immediately. That putting yourself back together takes a lot of effort and energy ...more
Trisha
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought-kindle
amazing second book

Charlotte's story is so unique and interesting. I absolutely love being in her world ~ so I was absolutely giddy when I noticed there was a book 2. there didn't have to be a book 2, but I love that there is!! (and authors note says third book in 2015!!! YAY!)

the story is really well done. even though I knew the end and the twist, I also knew why I did but others didn't. sometimes it's tough to let go of an assumption.

the addition of Sophie is just awesome! she is just so
Vicki
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charlotte, an Oracle, and Sophie, a Sorceress, meet with and life and death situations. There isn't much that these two won't do for one another, including risk their own lives.

Meet Daphne, a disturbed little 10 year old girl whose parents keep her locked away. Meet

Meet Linden, the love of Charlotte's life that she is just too afraid to involve in her life.

And don't forget Charlotte's aunt Sierra and Charlotte's wheelchair bound mother. Add a few more characters and tons of action and even some
Ann Sutphin
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I hope there will be more in this series. I love the idea of the oracle and I cant wait to learn more. I also love how the writer is handling the relationships in the story. Its not always a happily ever after everything will be alright story. Things are not always what they seem.
Dani-Marie Watson
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Really fascinating!
Charlotte isn't terribly quick on the uptake, and she doesn't really have an eye for details... Apart from those which she is deliberately scanning for when she revisits her visions.
But apart from that, she really doesn't observe a whole lot of her surroundings, which kind of seems like a bit of a drawback for an oracle... But luckily we are introduced to Sophie, who does fill in the gaps that Charlotte is missing.
The two of them make quite a team!!
Amanda
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sequel more. Not that i didnt like or enjoy this first one but this one is much better. There are some parts I wanted to strangle Charlotte in, and i hated the ending because i thought it's the final book but it isn't. There will be a third book in 2015. And i'm sooo excited for it to be out (o.o).
Jessica Gilham
May 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
A COVER?!!!!!!!!!!! ( o )
...
*faints*

EDIT:
Ok, apparently this was released in JUNE!
JUNE?! I mean c'mon, that was months ago, and I wasn't informed!
Geez! Aprilynne Pike...I knew you were amazing and all, but THIS amazing?! WOWZA!
You seriously ARE Superwoman. WHO RELEASES BOOKS WITHIN ABOUT A 2 OR 3 MONTH GAP?!
Emily
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want more Sophie and Charlotte! Again, I love this book and learning with Charlotte what it means to be an Oracle and what she can do. However, she is so lucky she met Sophie since she was a bit dense in regards to the vision she was trying to prevent in this book.
Chiara
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ugh YES. I'm so glad that this wasn't one of those sequels that was just a sequel written to continue the series. There was so much to explore in this book, and it was executed wonderfully. I cannot wait for the third book in this series! Magic, mystery, and murder. My cup of tea.
Aydrea
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Totally predicted what was going to happen, but still a fun read. I loved seeing Charlotte & Sophie together. I hope Charlotte & Linden work things out because they are adorable & this angst is killing me!
Nancy The book junkie
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Shelley
Jun 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-release
Apparently, an over eager librarian didn't see that this as been entered twice. Pretty sure you can COMBINE them into one book!

Taylor Richards
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Review: Sleep No More & Sleep of Death (The Charlotte Westing Chronicles) http://saiyanveinz.tumblr.com/post/11...
Eloise
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
So disturbing...oh my word
Nightmares for days!
Brandee Terry
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
I had a hard time getting through this book.
Lynrose
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
interesting.
Silke
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. loved the friend Charlotte made. can't wait for the next book.
Raechel
Michelle
Jun 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 25, 2017 12:49PM
Crazy for Young A...: Sleep of Death (Book #2) by Aprilynne Pike → Start Date: August 21, 2014 37 20 Aug 30, 2014 07:17AM
This book is out 1 7 Jun 09, 2014 10:02AM

• The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)
  • The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
  • The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
  • Exit Strategy (Nadia Stafford #1)
  • Wild Justice (Nadia Stafford, #3)
  • Made to Be Broken (Nadia Stafford, #2)
  • The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
  • The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
  • Where the Stars Still Shine
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
  • Speechless
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • Lovely, Dark and Deep
Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne ...more

Charlotte Westing Chronicles (3 books)
  • Sleep No More (Charlotte Westing Chronicles, #1)
  • Untitled (Charlotte Westing Chronicles #3)