Start by marking “The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore (Beyond #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore (Beyond #1.5)

The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore (Beyond #1.5)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  125 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Alex’s mission: Kill the hellhounds that have invaded earth and return to his home in the Beyond. But from the start, things go horribly wrong. The hounds are cunning and a human female witnesses their attack—she intervenes and saves Alex’s life. Now he must keep the alluring Lilly alive while fighting his desire for her. When passion flares, Alex risks all to protect her ...more
ebook, Dark and Deadly box set
Published April 12th 2014 by Fire Flower Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore

Beebs
Loving this series :)
Melindeeloo
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars -This was immediately familiar and after a wee bit of hunting I found where I'd read the story before in an multi-author anthology of paranormal bad boy romances, Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance, here's my review from my first read through.

The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore by Erin Quinn - this story is set in the same world as Quinn's Five Death's of Roxanne Love ... another being from Beyond finds love. This is actually the story that inspired me to buy the anthol
Melissa
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This one was a pretty short novella, but it still packed enough punch to get me interested in the series. Alex and Lilly were interesting enough for me, but I totally admit, it was the hellhounds and the dogs in the novella that totally won me over. Love how things change and that is the theme in which, I believe, that the series will revolve. I'm not entirely sure where the novella lies in the series, but the excerpt for the first full book in the series is book one, The Five Deaths of Roxanne ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie
This is not part of the 'Beyond' series so much as set in the same world. I do hope we hear more from Alex, Lily, and Jackson on down the line of this series. This time, Alex is not a reaper, but a soldier sent on a mission from the 'Beyond'; sent to kill a pack of Hellhounds released to earth in the first book of this series. Lilly and her dogs, especially Belle, help him in his mission. This ss hinted at some of the evolving of the series coming down the line.

Short, sweet, and mostly satisfyin
Talk Supe
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I'll ignore the romance in this shorty because insta-love. Bleh! I prefer the dog-hellhound romance better. The paranormal aspect is great though.
Linda
Mar 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ebook-only
part of dark and deadly *8book series
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 2.5 Stars ~

The Forbidden Life of Alex Moore: This is my first experience with Erin Quinn. I’m not really sure about this one. After some research I found out that this is or seems to be the prequel or maybe in-between The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love and The Three Fates of Ryan Love in the Beyond series. The novella is not really clear on where it stands.

This is a short novella about change/evolution. Alex and Lilly were ok, but the thing that kept me reading was the hellhounds and dogs,
Laura the Highland Hussy
This novella was originally in the box set Dark and Deadly: Eight Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance

This story definitely has potential, but really, it was missing something. Either it needed more world-building, or more clarity on the hero. Basically, he comes from his world to hunt hellhounds, but he knows it's a suicide mission, as his people rarely come back? <--I guess, this is where it was a little confusing. Plus it was his first time hunting hellhounds, and I don't know. It just needed mo
Kelly
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't quite know what to expect from this book when I picked it up, but I really enjoyed it. The Beyond sounds like a pretty craptastic place to live and I totally understand why those who can are jumping ship to earth.

Alex might come from a place that sucks the joy right out of you (totally seems that way, anyway), but Lilly's life isn't easy, either. She lost her sister not long after finding her and she's adrift now. When she helps Alex, she doesn't know what she's getting into, but she ca
LastBreath
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
First attempt at this series and I'm definitely curious. I should have started with Beyond #1 but where is the fun in that?

Anyway this short read is about a human named Lilly Winslow who meets and falls in love with a Reaper named Alex Moore. As paranormal / urban-fantasies go, their budding romance is founded in the violence and chaos of a Good vs Evil battle. Except the truths as they both know it becomes a little haywire thanks to a Great Dane named, Belle.

Though I may not have placed this
Cynthia
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I really enjoyed this one. While it was short it presented enough of the world for me to understand what was happening and it also presented enough to make want to pick up the other full novels in this world.

Lily lives alone with 5 dogs her sister left her after she died. Alex is sent to earth to kill the hellhounds that should be here.

When the two meet atraccion flows, but the are many reasons Alex shouldn't give in.

This is a great story about good and evil. About how different the realms in
Christine
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was a wonderful short story about the complex relationships between good and evil and how much one's perceptions change things. For example an individual who believes that all hellhound's are evil will probably not find a friendly one, what with trying to kill them. However if you happen to be of their species, sort of, and trying to relate to them you might have better luck. Canine and human romances find a home in this quick, interesting tale.
Rayne
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read this as a part of the Dark and Deadly box set collection.
Even though I discovered that this was a novella I just felt there could have been more depth without making it a full story. The world building was there and the premise was set but the execution just felt a little off. This felt too rushed in places and 'convenient'. Still could be a good series to check out, so maybe I will at another time.
Pansy
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who would have thought that a story the featured hellhounds would be such an inspiring romance? This story was a very pleasant surprise for me. The action was breathtaking. The characters intriguing. Interesting twists. The ending . . . *sigh*

I haven't yet read any of the rest of this series - this stands well alone - but, if this is an example I will be checking it out in more detail.
Claire
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this as part of the Dark and Deadly box set and enjoyed it a lot.
While a fairly short read the characters and story were both well developed.
Alex and Lilly were great and the dogs and hellhounds were awesome too.
All in all a very good read :)
Nibrock
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
An interesting multi-verse world. Hunters come from "Beyond" to track and kill hellhounds. Alex comes and finds Lilly and her dog Belle who tame both him and some of the hellhounds he's been sent to destroy.
Liza
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to find this as part of the Dark and Deadly anthology!
My only "complaint" is that it was a novella.
I wasn't ready for it to be over!
Melissa
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-romance
A nice novella that introduces a strange world of hellhounds, hunters, & change.
Cindy
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good read but short. Would have liked the story to continue. I really liked the characters as well as the scenario.
Lindsay
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
a nice short read.
Deanna
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
Very well written and sweetly romantic novella. This is the first of Erin Quinn's work that I have read, and I'm definitely going to read more from this author!
Katie
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Surprisingly pleasant number of dogs.
Phoenix77
Jun 10, 2015
Tirenia DeSmedt
Feb 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New York Times Bestselling author Erin Quinn writes romance for the thinking reader. Her books have been called “riveting,” “brilliantly plotted” and “beautifully written” and have won, placed or showed in the Booksellers Best, WILLA Award for Historical fiction, the Orange Rose, Readers Crown, Golden Quill, Best Books, and Award of Excellence. Go to www.erinquinnbooks.com for more information or ...more
More about Erin Quinn

Beyond (3 books)
  • The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love (Beyond, #1)
  • The Three Fates of Ryan Love (Beyond, #2)
  • The Seven Sins of Ruby Love (Beyond, #3)