Start by marking “To Murder Matt” as Want to Read:
To Murder Matt

Read Book

To Murder Matt

How can one man ruin every life he touches?

Each one of them wants him dead.

Published May 10th 2014

To ask other readers questions about To Murder Matt, please sign up.
Viveca Benoir Thank you for the question, apologies if you had been waiting for a while for a response. GR did not inform me.

It is fiction. It is also under Drama,…more

It is fiction. It is also under Drama, Murder Mystery, Suspense Romance, and Family Saga.(less)

Start your review of To Murder Matt
Vanessa
3 Murderous Stars

Woah! I have read some dark books in may day and met some dark nasty bastards along the way, but I think Matt takes the cake!! Hell, I think he takes the whole damn bakery!!!

This is a chilling saga about how one evil and twisted man impacts the lives of four people in his life...how he pushes, takes, destroys until they reach their breaking point.

And then the question becomes, who will murder Matt and how?

An extremely unique read. Very dark and disturbing at times. Not for t
Stylo Fantome
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This author and I traded books for beta reading, and what a find - a new friend and an intense read!

This book is raw, and real, and gritty - not for the faint of heart! As I have said before, I think if it happens in the real world, than it deserves to be written about; bad things happen. What, we should turn a blind eye? Christian Grey can paddle Ana whats-her-face, but god forbid we read about actual real life situations.

This is a roller coaster. You start out loving Matt. By the end ..., not
Breeze
what in the almighty fuck do I say about this book???? what the fuck?? Starter's! this book high ratings are from the authors goodread "friends" or ARC.......

3 stars or more YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !!!

We are introduced to Ellen in the beginning. She is one dimensional, career driven and has one friend Sarah who she is not a good friend to. She doesnt' share with Sarah and when Sarah's feelings are hurt she lets her walk out of her life. doesn't even bat an eye or try to save the friends
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, loved-it
Firstly this is a fantastic debut novel by this author.

This dark and graphic story has a unique storyline. Matt is critically ill in hospital. This is the story of the four people waiting outside his room. Each of these people want him dead for their own reasons. The author has done a great job of portraying how bad Matt is.
This book is not for the faint hearted. It's a really dark and twisted read. Rape, murder and abuse are all parts of the storyline.

I've read hundreds of books this year. Th
JJ -
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a review of warnings regarding this book—some good and some bad. I was given this book to read for an honest review, and was kind of in the dark about its contents until I started reading. Know before reading this that I do not base my reviews solely on whether or not I like the subject matter of a book, and that I took many factors into account when rating this book.

**WARNING**

This review does contain some spoilers. I normally try to avoid spoilers, and I will try not to give too much a
Tolly Be
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought to Murder Matt on its debut on the 14th of May and I spent approximately 6 hours reading it from front to cover IN ONE GO. The storyline is so fast-pace that the moment you start reading it, you do NOT want to put the book down. It's fabulous. Everything from the character development to the imagery of the novel is fabulous and I applaud Viveca Benoir on her work and suggest to anyone who is contemplating on reading it.. Buy it, Borrow it, Rent it - I don't care how - Just get your hand ...more
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How can one man ruin every life he touches?

When sexy former racing driver and now international playboy, Matt, ends up in hospital, four people sit outside his room and wait to hear whether he will live or die. Each one of them wants him dead.

This book takes you on an exciting roller coaster through each of their lives. A breathtaking story of lives entwined in desire, passion, lies, deceit and epic betrayals.

What makes one man so hated by everyone?

Matt is a man with many faces, but you will kno
Monika Korjat
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book only few days ago but really struggled with the review... don't get me wrong it's brilliant. It just touches and explores so many difficult subjects making it quite a difficult read. Surely this is not a novel you read just before going to bed with a cup of hot chocolate.

Where do I start then? For many reviewers the subjects touched in the story were too difficult and many felt this book should be toned down. Why? Personally I think the writer used the words on the paper to
Sue
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it

Phew.

PHEW

This was one intense story. Its not for the fainthearted though, let me say, there is abuse in this book, sexual warped perverted abuse that some readers may find hard to stomach, but, IT IS vital to the story. Its not in there for titivation as far as I can see.

I really don't want to enlighten you about anything because I don't want to give any more away than what's in the blurb that the author has written already.

There is a huge suspense in this that will keep you interested. Love st
Jennyfrijole
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book over the course of about three days - but only because work got in the way. I don't think I've ever read a book quite like it.

The book is four twisting plot lines coming together - Veronique, Ellen, Dean, and Nico. One loves the other, but the other loves someone else, and that someone else is struggling with someone else. Some of them have never met, some of them have known each other forever. All will be ripped apart. The tie that binds them in the end - Matt. An ultimate vill
Akd
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4-1/2 Holy craptastic, what did I just read...
So. This novel takes you on the wildest ride. EVER.
I will not give anything away because this one needs to be savored. Let me just say, if you are looking for a read with a villain you will love to hate...look no further! And I wouldn't exactly say you will hate Matt. No. It's more a morbid fascination with a man that is, let's say, rather sociopathic.
Pick this one up if you love dark reads with lots of twists and turns. You will not regret!
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
I can't rate this cause I just couldn't go on for now... made it to 24% and still feel disconnected to the characters and the story... and I am impatient, lol. The prologue though did pique my interest...

It's on a third person narrative involving 5 different characters... it is fast paced in a sense that you just knew something has already happened and details are just skipped and the story moved forward...

When I have more time... I "might" go back to it... :)
Jezabell Girl
Reaching out to touch 3 Stars!!!

I decided that I would read this book in the light of all of the hate that the author was receiving at the hands of her, from a want of a better word, critics. I remember passing this book up as an ARC because it wasn't really the type of book I would normally read but in an attempt to provide an honest review to the author and other readers, I decided to go ahead and read it.

The story was a multi faceted one and surrounded the life of Matt and those who were unl
Helen Stothard
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've given a lot of thought as to whether to review this book or not as there were a couple of scenes that troubled me in it, and one extremely heartbreaking scene. I've spoken to the author and decided I will review it.

This book deals with abuse, both of a child and an adult. It contains graphic descriptions. The author hasn't written it to titillate, but to increase awareness that this does happen, and there's a really good section at the back of the book showing you where to get support if yo
Bloggers From Down Under
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Four people.

Ellen.
Dean.
Veronique.
Nico.
Binded together.
They will be forever changed.
They will be forever damaged.

But they have one thing in common.
One goal.
One need.
One desire.

To seek revenge on the one man who has destroyed each and every one of them.

They want to murder Matt.

Matt.
A monster.
A psychopath.
A deranged maniac.
He hurts people for fun.
He seeks enjoyment from it.
He loves the power.
He will never let anyone or anything stand in his way.
He will destroy those emotionally, ph
Becky G
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had heard a lot of hype with this book and the darkness drew me and made me buy it! I have read a few 'dark' reads in the past so I thought I actually have a bit of prior experience of these kind of books! BUT NO! I was totally unprepared for exactly how dark it did get and some parts of it made me feel physically sick, I could feel the bile in the back of my throat and STILL I had to read as I was too far gone to leave it unanswered! What an amazing writer to provoke that kind of reaction!

Th
Jf Vallee
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Viveca Benoir is a great storyteller. This book has hard, controversial, difficult story lines woven into an intelligent dark saga, full of earthy Machiavellian plots - all from Matt. Each one a WTF moment. It's a book that grabs you by the balls and doesn't let you go until the last page. Gripping, interesting, and with infuriating characters sometimes. You won't be able to walk away from this without being changed in some way. It's like being run over by a bulldozer. You know you have read it. ...more
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"had to be the one to murder Matt"

Four people drawn together by their mutal connection to one man. Four people who have all suffered immeasurable torment at the hands of a devil disguised as a friend, partner, brother, lover. The outer persona hiding the darker desires of a perverse man that has no boundaries. He commits acts so abhorrent that I totally agreed that he had to die to pay for his sins...

Starting with a scene that draws you in we slowly learn how vicious and depraved Matt really is
Viveca Benoir
May 17, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book has been rewritten, but is still dark and twisted. Life doesn't always have happy endings and this book deals with some very dark, awful issues. Issues that many people sweep under the carpet and ignore. It deals with taboo subject matter including incest, domestic violence, rape, abuse, and murder. It involved five years of speaking with victims of such crimes, who wanted their stories told in a non sensationalist way. It is a difficult read for some, and it was challenging as a write ...more
Eva Mcfarden
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This story tells how 4 characters became murder suspects with the death of Matt.

Each one has their own reasons and had their own opportunity to cause Matt's death. But there is really anything the prosecution can do once one little piece of information comes to light.

Veronique has been abused by Matt all her life and Matt has taken the most important thing from her, violently, and in front of her. She has never known so much hate.

Nico has suffered just as much from Veronique's loss as s
Hooked On Books
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nico has suffered just as much from Veronique's loss as she has,
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
To Murder Matt was a very interesting read. In the beginning of the story, we find out Matt has been in an accident. Four people are at the hospital for me. Dean, Ellen, Nico, and Veronique all are connected to Matt in some way. Michel Le Sime is the French detective investigating the case. When he speaks in the book his words are written with an accent. It was a little hard to read his speaking parts but it also made it true to his character. He believes one of the four tried to kill Matt.

I was
Sue
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I heard about this book and this author through a couple of reader friends and was loaned the book as a result of my curiosity. They know I love dark romances and I am not afraid of taboo subject matter.
To say this book was dark is an understatement...it is like comparing milk and dark chocolate...milk is just chocolaty enough while dark can sometimes be too dark and bitter.
This book was not sexy in my opinion and the romance that was there, was so overshadowed by the horrific abuse (mental, phy
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely not a book for the faint of heart. It covers topics such as rape, murder, incest and abuse in a serious, not sensationalist way. The author being an educator and sensitive also contains contact numbers within her book for anyone affected by such matters.

This book starts at a hospital with Matt in critical condition and leads us from the past up to this current point via interweaving the lives of Ellen, Dean, Veronique and Nico via their pov, all who are connected via the char
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it

Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, arc
I was gifted this book by the author in exchange of an honest review.

Well, I firstly have to say, this is not my usual reading material, I didn't know what to expect at first, when I started the book there were so many interlacing characters it was a bit of information to take in at first, but slowly the story starts to flow nicely, there are several characters in this story and I have to applaud the writer for her smooth transitions and individuality of each personality, through the pages each
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014
******edit 7/11********
Now I have had time to digest it, I realize just how much I loved (and hated it in a good way lol) it. I think because it was such a taboo subject and not one I had read before it kinda shocked me a little.

I am glad that I did persist with it though :) Viveca did a good job with it that's for sure :)
*****************

This was hard read. It covered really dark storylines - which I realise the author has done in a way to educate.

I struggled to read this book and almost gave
'Q' aka CoCo
Unique but a bit slow at times

Four different lives completely screwed by one man. Matt is a grade A a$$hole with some sick, twisted desires. There's some difficult to read taboo scenes, so be prepared for that.

All four 'victims' have motive and the book tells the story starting with how Matt first met each person and then continuing on to describe each act of betrayal. All four lives become intertwined through Matt and, as the title implies, the true mystery is who actually is responsible for h
Karen Lee
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
How can four lives be changed by one person? This book tells the sordid tale of how one retired racecar driving playboy changed four people’s lives with love, lies and deception at every turn. The book begins with a scene in a hospital waiting room. Dean, Ellen, Nico and Veronique are all there to find out is Matt will survive. As the four people reminisce to themselves about how each met Matt, you realize what a sinister person he really is. There are a couple of scenes that are alittle dark an ...more

• Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
  • Next!: The Search for My Last First Date
  • 'Til Undeath Do Us Part
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #2)
  • The Girl from Midfoxfields
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • The Other Sister (Sister Series, #1)
  • Sinister Kisses (SKALS, #1)
  • The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)
  • Badger
  • Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades, #1-3)
  • Intermix Nation
  • Mortem: A Dark Enemies To Lovers Romance
  • Dirty Little Freaks
  • Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)
  • My Time in the Affair
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • One
Born to British Army parents, Viveca grew up in Europe and speaks six European languages fluently, which basically means she can buy food (and wine), wherever she goes. Married, with two biological children, plus four adopted children. Now, years later, the kids all grown up, she is an international best-selling author, writing a variety of genres, her favorite being exceptionally dark and twisted ...more

News & Interviews

“I believe I have moments of pure genius...the rest of them are all insanity.” 2 likes