Start by marking “Red & Wolfe, Part One (Red & Wolfe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Red & Wolfe, Part One (Red & Wolfe, #1)

Red & Wolfe, Part One

(Red & Wolfe #1)

When Sarah "Red" Ryder loses her job as an art critic for a Boston newspaper, she's brokenhearted. Worse than that? She's broke. Her boyfriend recently left her, so she's stuck paying her hefty apartment rent alone. After two months unemployed, there's no money left. With no immediate family to turn to, Red reaches out to her estranged grandmother, a reclusive writer livin ...more
Published May 9th 2014 by Barkley's Books (first published May 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Red & Wolfe, Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red & Wolfe, Part One

Mysza
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Well..... that was quick and interesting. We meet Red, she is broke, lost her job, her boyfriend left her, generally she's not in a good place right now. She desperately needs help and reaches to her estranged grandmother. She gets an answer, one word:
"COME."
So she goes... to vist her grandmother....far far away....on the Island..... But instead of her grandma, she is welcomed by BIG. BAD. WOLF. He is tall, dark and hansome. And sinfully sexy asshole, who manipulated her into coming to an Island, thoughword:
Shurrn
LOVED THIS!
Fucking hell, I’m rocked by her surprises. For starters: the little redhead makes my dick hard. The righteous outrage. I’m glad I pissed her off. How fucking sexy is that mouth when she’s using it to slap me around?
I absolutely loved this short story and I look forward to reading the next installment of Red & Wolfe.

I fell in love with Red...

SARAH RYDER
AKA Red
LOVED THIS!

I fell in love with Red...

SARAH RYDER
AKA Red
She wants me. She may not like me, but she fucking wants me just like I want her.
Red is having a shitty time. She lost her mother, got laid off, and has been slowly crumbling ever since. She is selling off her possessions and losing hope. In a moment of drunken madness, she emails her wealthy and estranged grandmother...

JAMES WOLF
AKA Race
Holy fucking wow. This man is brutally handsome.
He must be a fucking pirate.
Wolf has been hiding out at Sarah's Grandmother's private island for a long time. It is the only place he feels at peace. So when his lawyer calls to inform him that an estranged granddaughter stands between him and his home, he is forced to take action...

Wolfe must convince Red to sign the island over to him...
Red just wants to make some changes in her life...

I practically inhaled this book, I think it might be my favorite of the collection so far (but let's be honest, it's early... Several more authors to go)...

Some of My Favorite Moments:
(view spoiler)

I read this book as part of the Bend Anthology which features some of the most talented authors currently working in Modern Romance. For my other reviews in the Anthology, Check out the links below:

1 - K. Bromberg - UnRaveled - Read My Review Here
6 - Shay Savage - Worth - Read My Review Here
7 - Andrea Smith - These Men - Read My Review Here
8 - Alessandra Torre - Still - Read My Review Here
(bonus) C.D. Reiss - Beg - Read My Review Here

For my overall impressions of the entire Anthology, you can see my full review here

Bend (Bend Anthology) by K.I. Lynn UnRaveled by K. Bromberg Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1) by J.A. Huss Red & Wolfe, Part I (Red & Wolfe, #1) by Ella James Kick (Songs of Perdition, #1) by C.D. Reiss
The Devil in Me (Seven Devils, #1; Bend Anthology) by K.I. Lynn Worth (Bend Anthology) by Shay Savage These Men (Bend Anthology) by Andrea Smith Still (Bend Anthology) by Alessandra Torre Beg (Songs of Submission, #1) by C.D. Reiss

Check out my other Reviews in the Red & Wolfe Series:
1 - Red & Wolfe, Part I - You're Reading It
2 - Red & Wolfe, Part II - Read my review here.
3 - Red & Wolfe, Part III - Read my review here.
4 - Red & Wolfe, Part IV - Read my review here.

Red & Wolfe, Part I (Red & Wolfe, #1) by Ella James Red & Wolfe, Part II (Red & Wolfe, #2) by Ella James Red & Wolfe, Part III (Red & Wolfe, #3) by Ella James Red & Wolfe, Part IV (Red & Wolfe, #4) by Ella James
Christy
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

photo 20038812-692d-4570-ad3d-1e619feed143_zps42a1ca34.jpg

Red & Wolfe is a short novella about a girl named Red. She's having a hard time. After losing her mother, her boyfriend and her job, she's getting desperate. So desperate she seeks out a grandmother she's never met. She goes to visit this grandmother on her island in SC only to discover James 'Race' Wolfe.

I loved that this nove
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Short and sweet Red meets the Big bad Wolfe stars

photo E2569AC9-EF1A-4DE4-861D-FB7585A987C3_zpsmv0qaswv.jpg

Sarah known as Red is an art critic at a Boston newspaper, she's good at her job, she loves writing she thrives when she writes and loves being part of a team, and well she loves Art. But she loses her job and quickly learns what it's like to be broke. Her boyfriend has also left her to be w
Michelle
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Red & Wolfe is a novella only available within the Anthology from the authors of The Erotic Consortium. The anthology will be available for a limited time. Bend.

Screenshot_4

Sarah 'Red' is struggling to survive in the big bad city. Down to just the last few hundred dollars and selling everything she can, shy of a kidney; she reaches out to her Grandmother (a woman she's never met)
Wendy'sThoughts
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ella James Fans, Romance
4.5 Sexually Charged FairyTale Stars * * * *

Most of us growing up had some type fairy tales read to us...they were ways to impart lessons... written long ago by those who thought they knew best. I don't need to list them all but in this tale by Ella James, there is the structure of Little Red Ridding- hood and the Big Bad Wolf.... and boy, oh boy, does Ella work it.

We find our modern day Red in a pickle.... she is living in Boston; recently lost her newspaper position writing about the Arts. Her boyfriend
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars

Sarah aka Red is struggling with life at the moment. She lost her job and her boyfriend to another man and has no money.

Even though she desperately searches for a job, she realizes pretty fast:

Since her mother is dead her last chance is her estranged grandmother. She never met her. Somehow her mother and grandmother didn't get along well. But she is too proud
Mariℓina
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Red and Wolfe, is the first fairy-tale told in a dirty, absolutely sexy, dark and depraving way, by Ella James.

A contemporary retelling of the well-known Red Riding Hood that bares no resemblance to anything our parents ever told us about the little girl with the red hood, her grandma and the bad wolf..

You see you would lo
Brendy
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
A FAIRY TALE?...mmm, let’s see, shall we?

Enchanted forest?--->Sexy lusty beach
Little red riding hood?---> A redhaired in financial crisis woman
Bad wolf?--->A recluse dark sexy Dom chased by his past
Granny?--->hehehe The wolf actually makes her believe he’s the granny!

THEIR POV’s?

ME?

THEIR UGLY TRUTH?...

SHE------------------------------------>HE
Manipulative--------------------------Money grubber
asshole---------------------------------beggar

BUT

“Truth? I want to put my hands on you.”

Geri Reads
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

My favorite one so far... I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series. Bring.It.On.
Debra
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

★★★★ 4 Stars!

Review to come.
Didi
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Very interesting start to a much liked erotic serial. There's an air of mystery here, as is often the case with island settings. I know things are just starting but Wolfe is pulling no punches, managing to seduce Red within minutes of meeting her. I really like the fairytale take on an erotic story so I'm hopeful this series will get better and better.
Jessi
Loved this novella, but...
Jen
Red &Wolfe--Part one, can be found in the "Bend" Anthology and is a short story. It is basically about a young woman who is very down on her luck and very broke with no end in sight. She decides to get a hold of her Grandmother whom she has never met, to see if she can go visit. Instead, she gets a major amount of money deposited in her bank account, with the condition that she go to the Island immediately where her Grandmother lives. When she arrives there, she has a surprise awaiting her.. ...more
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
UPDATE: (view spoiler) It was so not sexy to me.

This is the second book (or installment) I've read by this author, and I didn't really enjoy it like I enjoyed Hansel Part 1. Not that it was bad or anything, but it didn't give me a thrill and I didn't care for the characters. I love the idea of Lit
Reanell Tisdale
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well shit that left me wanting MORE! This was fucking brilliant! Ella, when do we get more!?

This novella packed a punch! I finished and thought "where's the rest?" I need it like yesterday! Of course I went straight to amazon and pre-ordered that baby!

We only get 4 chapters of Red & Wolfe but I felt connected to each character and that takes major talent to be able to do that in 4 chapters. This was the first time I had read Ella James, and now I am going to go
Jennifer Kyle
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Intrigued. Looking forward to reading more about these two!

Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2014

This is so far my favourite in the bend anthology! and I want more of Red and Wolfe.

See the author did say - Part one. Would love to read part 2
Beverly
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Grown Up Fairytale Stars

I loved this spin on the old fairy tale...

Red is beyond desperate. After losing her job, and selling almost all other belongs she turns to her estranged grandmother. That's when she meets Wolfe, and hot damn!! Just my kind of character he is arrogant and sexy as sin...the two qualities I love most in my book men.

This is a baby book, as I like to call them and I am not sure how m
Kara
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this one. I immediately texted the "keeper of my reading calendar" and asked her to add book 2 of this series to the calendar! I need to read more of Red & Wolfe! I need more!
Eliza
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

Title: red & Wolfe, Part I
Series: Yes
Author: Ella James
Release Date: 5th May, 2014
Rating: 4 "Bite my Lip" stars

Fantastic novella about a girl called Red, down on her luck and becoming increasingly desperate she reaches out to her estranged Grandmother. Under false pretences she goes to meet her Grandmother but instead is met by The Big, Bad, Sexy Wolfe.

So far it's a blend of mystery and sexual attraction and I can't wait to see how this Tale ends up.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest

S.M. West
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-reads
4 BIG BAD WOLFE STARS

This novella is part of the Erotica Consortium's anthology - Bend. This was my first Ella James story and I could hardly believe when it ended. It left me wanting….wanting more!

I really enjoyed this twist on the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale. Sarah ‘Red’ is the perfect, modern day little Red and James Wolfe is one mighty fine big bad wolf.

photo Red_zps554e4803.jpg

I am so lo
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
WOW, this short story was something....Typically I know that in short stories the relationships tend to move faster than normal. But, these two move at cyber speed, lol, and they don't even like each other. I can't wait what happens in the next installments!!!
PJ
2.75 Stars

I really enjoyed this, but it was a bit on the short side and it could have used more story. (view spoiler) ...more
Candace
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
*I was provided a free copy of this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This is the first in a series of erotic novellas by Ms. James. An extremely quick read, this book provides an introduction to Red/Sara and Wolfe, the two main characters. Since this book was so short, at approximately 50 pages, I still feel like I'm trying to get acquainted with the characters. Wolfe, in particular, is still a mystery to me.

Right from the start it is clear that Sarah i
Cam *tactile seeker*

First book of the year, and it was just what I needed: a quick, uncomplicated, sexy read for a tired and stressed reader looking for the perfect guilty pleasure.

The novella is part of a 4-book series and didn't provide much in its first 50 pages, except for a quick background of both the MC's, "Red" and "Wolf". I'm not gonna lie to you, the idea of turning Little Red Riding Hood into an Erotica book kinda turns me on and freaks me out at the same time. I guess it's the whole "innocen
DKristin
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-a-copy, big-o-s
5/6/14 - Ella James - Red & Wolfe - 3.5 stars

Quote Love: I'm not surprised at all when she jerks her hips up off the floor and comes with a guttural shriek. But I'm shocked that I come with her.

What I liked: Ella James can write her ass off!!! I need to read more by her. I think I have some of her stuff and it just hasn't made it to the top of my tbr yet. (As always!) I love the idea of erotic fairy tales. I liked the characters a great deal. I cannot wait to see this in a full novel!!!

What could have b/>Quote
~ Cariad ~
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 happy stars.
Now that's how you write a prequel!!
applause

I can't wait for more of this one, it was fanfuckingtastic!
yeaahhhh from car gif

My instinct... It's going to get hotter than hell on the island... sqeeeee!!!

couple gif

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WELL, WELL, WELL!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP! That was surprisingly SCORCHING!

I'm flustered. My mind is sprinting the hundred meter dash, thinking, devouring ideas about Wolfe.

I'm intrigued.
I'm in lust.
I'm entranced.
I'm totally taken with this little serial.

Not only is the main character--Red--fantastic but she's real, spunky and my kind of girl. Throw in Wolfe and OH MY GOD OF EROTIC YUMMINESS you have a combustible combination! I love a fantastic, edge of your se
Alessandra Torre
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**1 of 8 erotic stories included in the BEND anthology - only 99¢ this week only!**

loved the setting and characters of this book. super hot scene on the boat... i can't wait to read more, the second part of this story comes out in just 2 weeks!
C.D.'s Canaries: Red & Wolfe BR 5/8/14 100 60 May 12, 2014 01:47PM

• The Devil in Me
  • These Men (Men #1)
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Use (Forbidden, #2)
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • Pulse - The Complete Series (Pulse #1-4)
  • Krinos (Take Over, #1)
  • Can't Have You
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
  • Can't Go Without (Oasis Waterfall, #2)
  • Greed (White Collared, #2)
  • Plausibility
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
Ella James is the USA Today bestselling author of seventeen teen and adult love stories. She's an angst-a-holic who loves exploring difficult situations and the emotions of the people caught up in them. Also, smut. But always, always romance.

Ella's obsessions include vanilla cream soda, hiking, other obscure, crunchy stuff like rock collecting, and the antics of her three little monste

Red & Wolfe (4 books)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Two (Red & Wolfe, #2)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Three (Red & Wolfe, #3)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Four (Red & Wolfe, #4)
“I press my dick against her.
Reckless.