Start by marking “Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor” as Want to Read:
Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor

Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor

(Frankie Dupont Mysteries #1)

When his cousin Kat disappears from Enderby Manor, Frankie Dupont jumps on the case. Bumbling Inspector Cluesome is convinced that Kat is lost in Myrtle’s Mesmerising Maze, but Frankie isn’t buying it.
He follows the evidence trail to a conniving concierge, a six fingered chef, a talking parrot, a mad maid and a shifty dwarf, and quickly finds himself in a desperate race to
Published July 11th 2014 by Julie Anne Grasso

To ask other readers questions about Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor

Cheryl Carpinello
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Julie always comes up with interesting plots, and Frankie Dupont and the Mystery of Enderby Manor lives up to that. I can see young readers eagerly following Frankie's every move. What's more, they will probably be solving the mystery right along side of Frankie. High interest story elements include a haunted house, a mystery to solve, gnomes and birds that talk, and a bungling adult investigator.

As an adult reading this, there were a few times, mainly between chapters, when I wasn't sure how I
Melanie
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to hear that Julie Grasso has a new series out and think it’s off to a great start! What a fun, quick read! Frankie DuPont is 10 and three-quarters years old. His cousin, Kat, disappears from Enderby Manor, a place that Frankie apparently passes every day on his way to school but has never seen. Frankie heads over there, realizes that it does indeed exist and is creeped out by it. He talks to his Aunt Rachel and when he finds out Inspector Cluesome is on the case, he’s not impresse ...more
Fiona Ingram
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meet Frankie Dupont, budding detective in Frankie Dupont and The Mystery of Enderby Manor by children’s author Julie Grasso. The mystery surrounding Enderby Manor starts right away with the disappearance of budding detective Frankie Dupont’s cousin Kat. In fact it all began with Kat’s abundance of pet geckos. The last straw was when Kat’s dad found a gecko in his cereal. He put his foot down and the family checked into Enderby Manor while their home was degeckoed. That was when Kat disappeared f ...more
Bruce Gargoyle
Full review at http://thebookshelfgargoyle.wordpress...

I received a digital copy of this title from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
Frankie's cousin Kat has gone missing - this looks like a job for Frankie Dupont, boy detective! But what happens if Kat is stuck somewhere that Frankie can't go?

This is a fun and fast-paced mystery adventure that will be right up the alley of any budding detectives in the middle grade age bracket. There’s plenty of off-beat and silly
S.W.
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended for young readers keen to get the inside scoop on how to solve a mystery.

This is a true mystery geared towards younger middle grade readers. Frankie's dad is a private detective and happens to be away on a case when something very mysterious happens. Cousin Kat goes missing ... enter Frankie, keen to put his developing detective skills to the test.

The trail of his missing cousin soon leads him to Enderby Manor, a hotel that has a very mysterious past and is staffed by a cast of oddba
Rebecca Douglass
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
When his favorite cousin Kat disappears from Enderby Manor, 10-year-old Frankie Dupont, sleuth-in-training, is on the case. He has to deal with dubious and devious characters at the Manor, not to mention the bumbling Inspector Cluesome, before the final dramatic race to save Kat in time.

This was a fast, fun read! Frankie is an engaging character, and the story is well plotted to keep the interest of even reluctant readers. There is just a touch of the absurd, with just-over-the-top characters, a
LAWonder10
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This exciting new series is sure to be a hit among the youth ages 7 - 13!

Frankie is hoping a special letter will arrive in the mail. When he checked the mailbox, all that was in there was Felix! Discouraged, he turned away when a motor bike appeared around the corner and the a mailman got off and put a black and silver envelope in the box! As Frankie retrieved it, an urgent call for help comes from his aunt! Kat - his cousin and best friend - is missing! His mom frantically calls his dad, an ar
Naznin Azeez
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read a whole lot of mysteries however this mystery book is new to me, since it’s a mystery written for children!. I found it to be pretty unique. The little ‘detective’ starring in this book is Frankie DuPont, who is just 10 years old!

Now, don’t let his age fool you!. He is a smartie and shows maturity beyond his age. It helps that his father is a private investigator. Otherwise, it wouldn’t make sense for him to know so much about solving a mystery!. The book begins with Frankie’s cousin
Charlie
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Frankie Dupont is one pretty phenomenal young man. His dad is a PI, and Frankie obviously looks up to him from the many comments that Frankie makes about his investigation into his cousin Kat’s disappearance at Enderby Manor.

Frankie is first on the scene and methodically goes through his investigation, retracing Kat’s steps from the morning of her disappearance and interviewing witnesses. He notices a few key things that various Enderby Manor employees are and are not saying. He’s taking everyth
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Summary: Frankie Dupont’s family is traumatized because a family member went missing. When Frankie’s uncle, aunt, and cousin were staying in a nearby hotel while their house was getting fixed, Kat, Frankie’s cousin, went missing. Because Frankie’s dad, a private eye, is away on a case, Frankie goes himself to check it out. The hotel, Enderby Manor, has very strange employees, and Frankie is very curious about the hotel and why he’s never heard of it. With the help of a teenage boy named Lachy wh ...more
Christy
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I was given a copy of this book free for an honest review which I'm giving. This review originally appeared on my blog Christy's Cozy Corners.

Frankie Dupont and the Mystery of Enderby Manor is a cute middle grade book in a brand new series by Julie Anne Grasso. And isn't the cover great? I love the characters on the front and the illustrations throughout. They are very fitting for the story.

Frankie's dad is a private investigator, so it follows that Frankie is good at following clues and looking
Tonja Drecker
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Frankie is the son of an amazing detective, but he's away on another case. So when Frankie's own cousin goes missing, he has no choice but to step in and try to figure out where she is. No worries, though, Frankie's got a great nose for clues.

I really enjoyed this mystery. The clues were well paced, never too obvious, and not easy to peice together. This gets even more complicated, when a touch of science fiction is throw in. . .and a ton of fun. Although a missing cousin is a serious business,
Stacie
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Frankie Dupont and the Mystery of Enderby Manor is cleverly comedic and wildly entertaining, quickly captivating young readers.

When Frankie's cousin, Kat, goes missing he springs into action. Using all the knowledge he's learned from his father, who is a detective, he sets out to find Kat. Frankie wastes no time collecting clues and meeting a zany bunch of suspects along the way. He just knows they are hiding something, but what? Can Frankie solve the mystery before it's too late?

Children can't
Ruth Hill
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
I am a lover of mysteries, and all too often, it can be difficult to review young adult mysteries. This was one of those books. Don't get me wrong. It fits into the tween adult reading genre for sure, and the mystery is quirky and entertaining. The book is also short--definitely an added bonus. There is nothing inappropriate in the book, and my 11-year-old daughter would possibly enjoy it (always hard to say with her).

For me, the book was basically entertaining, but I did struggle to connect wit
Linda
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Frankie Dupont ran each day to the mailbox in hopes a letter would be there for him but, only his frog was there. Usually he'd hear from his cousin by now as she daily called him. He turned to head back to his house when he heard the putt putt putt of the mail carrier. His dog and trusty assistant took him off watching the mail with his frantic barking so he didn't see the box as the mail carrier putted away. Once at the box again, he pulled out a black envelope address to him. Then he heard hi ...more
Renee Price
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I'm not normally a mystery-lover, but Julie's clever ways of intriguing, entertaining and keeping her readers guessing are incredible.

I particularly love how descriptive things are. It really helps sets the scene for young readers, yet moves at a steady pace to engage and maintain interest.

The story has so many well thought out twists and even as an adult reader, I found myself experiencing rushes of emotions as the plotline thickened and took m
Susanne Powell
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a frank and honest review.

I am always on the look-out for new books to use with my class, so I was excited to be able to review this one. I read the book in one sitting.

Frankie is a detective in training. He is called to a case at Enderby Manor, a large hotel close to his home, where his cousin Kat has mysteriously disappeared. Enderby Manor isn't all it seems, and Frankie has to delve deep into the evidence, assume nothing and read between the li
Ilana Waters
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If your kids are just a touch too young for Lemony Snicket, they are sure to love Frankie Dupont. With a keen eye and possibly keener sense of humor, he fights to find his missing cousin against all odds. Characters really pop off the page, with all their little quirks and nuances. I laughed out loud many, many times. But this book is good for far more than just a few chuckles. It is by turns twisty, tender, touching, and tense. And you will never see the ending coming—not in a million years. Hi ...more
Dawn
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

What a fun book for children! Frankie Dupont and the Mystery of Enderby Manor is a mystery that is easy to read and flows well.

The characters are unique and the adults in the manor are described well, making it easy to picture them. Frankie is smart and would be impressive even if he were an adult.

I recommend this book for young readers. It's a good one especially for children who enjoy a mystery.
Carolyn Wilhelm
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This Frankie Dupont mystery is very clever and has clues that won't seem to add up until the end of the book, making it a suspenseful read for children. This book would be great for higher thinking skills discussions in the classroom. Even after finishing the story, I found myself thinking about how it all worked together and realized how a few more clues added to the solution. Well developed characters! Engaging! Fun!
Vincent Noot
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This book is easy to read through fast, so for children, it is not too much either. The illustrations look nice. As an illustrator, I am very critical of drawings. The one who did it certainly knows a lot about shadows, thin precise lines, etc.

The story is fun and has an unrealistic twist to it, like gnomes, a haunted house, and talking animals. For those young readers who like mysteries, this is a good one. The book has enough dialogue to keep me interested, so I just kept reading.
Sally Lotz
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Great read for lower middle grade readers. Short and fun mystery. Frankie is on the case of finding his missing cousin, which leads him into a deeper mystery. Using some tools, handed down from his detective father, its Frankie to the rescue.

Great for reluctant readers, will find it an easy read, even with some of the Australian lingo. Can be read in one sitting. Reminds me of my favorite Nate the Great and Encyclopedia Brown mysteries.
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor by Julie Anne Grasso is the first in a tween mystery series. I found this to be a quick read for both me and my tween daughter. We loved the story line, the mystery, and the illustrations. The characters were a hoot! Frankie was a fun detective and we look forward to reading more of his adventures!

I received a complimentary electronic version for review purposes, though this did not influence my review.
Dan Jackson
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent mystery book written by a good writer.
The book includes everything a child would want to look for in a book: good plot, tension built and a lot of clues that slowly build the end of the mystery.
The characters are funny and inspiring so that every child can find a character to which it connects.

Highly recommended.
Kasey Cocoa
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, children-s
Fun and well told story pleasing to parent and younger reader. The writing is clean and well edited. The characters are spunky and enjoyable to read about. The plot is entertaining and has an energetic feel. This is a great addition to any library. I received an evaluation copy through Mother Daughter Book Reviews in exchange for my honest opinion.
Ashley Howland
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kids love detective stories, especially when the detectives are kids. Frankie Dupont has to solve a mystery to rescue his missing cousin. This mystery gets bigger and stranger as the book continues, which keeps the reader guessing. Frankie also ends up on a tight deadline, that keeps the story flowing.
It’s a great read that budding detectives will enjoy.
C.L. Murphy
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Grasso does a fine job creating memorable characters and a captivating plot in this charming tale for middle graders. Kids will enjoy the fast paced action and all the quirkiness. The storyline will hold young readers' attention and make this a good choice for those reluctant readers. The fun, pen and ink style illustrations help bring the story to life.
Stanley Katrina
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: upstairs
Neighbor Girl's Review:
I thought the plot was great, and I loved the twist at the end. The illustrations were awesome. The characters were developed well, and the story advanced every second.
Note: We downloaded this book during our free trial of Kindle Unlimited.
guiltlessreader
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a cute read!! And who knew a cupcake could do THAT! ;) Full review on my blog Guiltless Reading.
Jane Ritz
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this mystery. It would be great for third and fourth graders. I think this would make a wonderful series. Boys would especially love this book.

• The Ifs
  • A Pair of Docks (Derivatives of Displacement, #1)
  • The Demonic Incident in Chinatown (Skycastle #2)
  • Isabella Babysits Baxter
  • Good-Bye, Baby Max
  • A Different Kind of Safari
  • Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf (Santa's Izzy Elves, #4)
  • The Secret of the Sacred Scarab (The Chronicles of the Stone Book 1)
  • The Shadow of Atlantis (Shadows from the Past, #1)
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Finding Fuzzy: a You-Decide Tale of a Lost Friend
  • The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)
  • The Princelings of the East - The Trilogy
  • Karmack
  • Lobo's Howliday (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #4)
  • Fall Into You Part Two
  • The Vengeance Squad Goes To England
  • The Headmaster's Cave (The Adventures of George and Flanagan #1)
With a background in paediatric nursing, Julie Anne Grasso spent many years literally wrapping children in cotton wool. Every day she witnessed great courage and resilience from the tiny people she cared for, which inspired her to write stories about a little girl elf just like them.

She has a degree in Nursing from Queensland University of Technology and has been published in her nerdy nursing spe

Frankie Dupont Mysteries (4 books)
  • Frankie Dupont and The Lemon Festival Fiasco (Frankie Dupont Mysteries #2)
  • Frankie Dupont And The Science Fair Sabotage (Frankie Dupont Mysteries Book 3)
  • Frankie Dupont And The High Seas Heist