Start by marking “Invincible (Piercing the Veil, #2)” as Want to Read:
Invincible (Piercing the Veil, #2)

Read Book

Invincible

(Piercing the Veil #2)

Peter Stewart is a dead ringer for the legendary King Arthur, and because of that, everyone in Carlion believes that he is the Child of the Prophecy, destined to destroy the Shadow Lord. But Peter doesn't want to be a hero; all he wants to be is left alone.

Lily Portman also fits the prophecy. Having spent her entire life as an orphan and a misfit, Lily would love nothing m
Paperback, First Edition, 422 pages
Published April 28th 2014 by Wanderlust Publishing (first published April 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible

Start your review of Invincible (Piercing the Veil, #2)
Dianne
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Take a deep breath and get ready to dive right into the action from book one! Invincible takes the hand-off from Intangible and scorches across the pages as the question still burns as to who is The Chosen One. Is it Peter or his twin brother, the dark Kane? Is it Lily?
The one who holds the blade that was broken shall emerge victorious…who will it be?

Teens, expected to take the weight of the world on their shoulders, each with special gifts they are learning to control, and each still filled wi
Katie Banasiewicz
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Full Disclosure: I received this book courtesy of Goodreads First Reads.

This book is absolutely wonderful. It did take me a while to get into the book but that is probably because I have not read the first book in the series. However, once the world started to make sense I could not put this book down! I am just in love with the world of King Arthur and Merlin so this just seemed like the perfect book for me. The book is mainly set in the present day but it is sort of an alternate reality in th
Lynxie
Invincible (book #2 in C A Gray's Piercing the veil series) continues the story just a couple of days after book one ends.

My review of Intangible likened it quite strongly to Harry Potter. I found a number of similarities in this book too, but not as many as book one.

The first 50% of the book was slow. Little happens that I felt was pertinent to the story, outside for building the emotional roller coaster ride of budding love.

I liked Eustace. I feel he might become a more important part of the
Kushnuma
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Harry Potter/Percy Jackson fans
Shelves: arcs
I received an advanced free epub copy from the author in exchange for an honest review for which I am very thankful.

In the second installment of the Piercing the Veil Trilogy, Peter, Lily, Cole and Brock are enrolled at Paladin High, but Peter wants life to get back to normal and go back home. Everyone in Carlion believes Peter to be the Child of the Prophecy as he is a dead ringer for King Arthur but there is still a possibility that Lily may still be the Child of the Prophecy... Isdemus think
Cindy
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gray has done an admirable job of keeping up the suspense and creativity she generated in Book 1(Intangible) in Invincible. Book 2 finds Lily, Peter, Brock and Cole in Carlion, the magical city that Peter believed was a fairy tale only days before. Through the classes at Paladin High the kids learn more about their powers and the history of the Shadow Lord, the penumbra and the Great Deception that started the war. I liked the class in which the students become finches, and Peter’s discomfort wh ...more
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
while i found myself enjoying this book i own here on goodreads first reads.i admit that it was hard to understand the plot since i didnt read the first book in this piercing the veil series.
i think that this book was written very well and full of intrique and suspense.
The philosopher stone has been lost and it takes peter and lily to embark in a journey of knowledge that peter hold the key to solving this mystery and are hoping that they will not be late...
i really did love this book and i did
Tamara Beach
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great follow-up to #1 and definitely left me wanting to read #3! I loved the continuing character and story developments. I definitely recommend the series!
Kristen
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Action, adventure, mythology, magic, science, time travel and so much more!! And I have again found an instance of time travel that I can deal with - and that is a rarity! Anyone familiar with my reading habits, reviews, and general thoughts about stories knows that I don't do well with time travel. In fact, in the forum I used to be heavily involved in related to another wonderful set of books (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott) it became widely known that reading abo ...more
Mary Kyle
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: folklegends, fantasy
Peter, Lily, Cole, and Brock are back in the second book of the Piercing the Veil Trilogy. And the Shadow Lord has arisen after 1500 years trapped by Excalibur and has taken over Peter's twin brother Kane's body. In this volume Peter and the Watchers of Carlion are seeking the Philosopher's Stone and racing Sargon to get it. The story is just as fun and adventuresome as Intangible and keeps you on the edge of your seat hoping that Peter and friends will make it out alive.

The story is well thoug
Caitlin
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, for-review
"Invincible" essentially picks up where "Intangible" left off. Gray wastes no time jumping back into the action. She has the impressive ability to establish what readers need to know in an entertaining manner. I enjoyed getting to know some new characters and seeing a fun relationship develop between Lily and Peter. She definitely nailed the teenage angst! The story flowed nicely, leading to another EPIC battle.

An excellent follow-up. Can't wait for the finale! Seriously... can I have it now, p
Lilly Charysma
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can I review such an incredible book without revealing what happens in book 1? I will limit myself to describing how amazing this world is, even if I have already mentioned that in my review for Intangible . A beautiful story that has geographical, physical and historical aspects that mix together in this explosive sequel.

Things are clear now, everybody has a purpose and everybody knows what they have to do. If they like it or not, that’s a different story. The fight against evil is starting
Paul Madsen
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well done Arthurian plot

Another Arthurian plot complete with magic, suspense and twist. There are many different things that make this yarn grab and hold your interest from start to finish. As a historical perspective on a hidden kingdom set within the familiar background of the Roundtable we have families who believe and don't believe in the unseen world behind magic and a 1500 year old legion integrating multiple cultures with everything being believable.

With main characters teenagers taking t
Mrs
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Series. A Quick, Easy Read

I like YA books anyway, and this is better than most. It's well written and well thought out. I'm impressed by her research. I learned a few new words (like penumbra) and some physics. It's a lot of fun to read. I'm going to read the third in the trilogy now and find out how everything gets wrapped up. I'm enjoying the characters because they grow through their experiences. The treatment of death is sensitive, better than in a lot of books for young adults.
Yvonne Hughes
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely BRILLIANT! Couldn't put it down... onto book 3!!
Lindsey
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book in the Piercing the Veil series, I knew absolutely nothing about the book, but I quickly fell in love with it. To say I had high standards for Invincible would have been an understatement. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed.

Invincible picks up where Intangible left off, and it wastes no time getting back to the story. We learn a lot of information rather quickly, but it's never overwhelming. As I briefly mentioned in my review of Intangible, C. A. Gray does an excellent j
Victoria Brinius
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book 2, Invincible, starts with Lily wondering if she was going to get a new foster family. She had learned so much and she was not able to go back to the way things were. This book also has an afterward that explains alchemy, and the terms/ plot from the author. It was interesting to read this and it made me understand the books better, I also liked that at the end peter talked about anything being possible, however the title of book 3 is impossible. That made me think in between books. I also ...more
Denise
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Good young people's book. Nice mix of Harry Potter fantasy with Arthurian legend. Wish I had read the first book, could have answered some of my questions. But now I have even more questions and find myself looking for the next book to answer them. Will recommend this series to some of the young people I know.
Michelle
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was as good as the first. Thanks for another great book.
Erin
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a great follow up to the first. Action packed and a bit sad. It isn't Harry Potter but still a good read.
Steven
rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Who is the Chosen One? 3 3 Aug 07, 2014 10:27AM

• Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower, #2)
  • The Diary of a Nobody
  • Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence (Ethan Wright, #1)
  • The Ayurvedic Diet
  • Del Ryder and the Crystal Seed (Del Ryder, #1)
  • Hero in a Halfling (Epik Fantasy #1)
  • The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
  • Misteria
  • Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1)
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • Darkthirst (Darklight #2)
  • Year of the Monkey
  • Echo
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
  • M Train
  • A Measure of Disorder (Mother-Earth, #1)
  • The Black Star of Kingston (The Green Ember #0.5; Tales of Old Natalia #1)
  • Kimchi & Calamari
C.A. Gray is the author of three YA Amazon bestselling trilogies: PIERCING THE VEIL (magic and quantum physics meet Arthurian legends), THE LIBERTY BOX (dystopian metaphysics and mind control technology), and UNCANNY VALLEY (dystopian coming-of-age with neuroscience and super intelligent A.I). She starts with some scientific concept that she’s interested in learning more about herself, and then cr ...more

Piercing the Veil (4 books)
  • Intangible (Piercing the Veil, #1)
  • Impossible (Piercing the Veil, #3)
  • Piercing the Veil Trilogy (Piercing the Veil, #1-3)

News & Interviews