Start by marking “Liminal Lights (The Liminal Series, Book One)” as Want to Read:
Liminal Lights (The Liminal Series, Book One)

Liminal Lights (The Liminal Series, Book One)

What if faerie magic is real?

Nadia discovers an ancient truth hidden by Liminals, coveted by Shadow Monsters, and protected by humans.

Somewhere, between faerie legends and story books, lies the truth to magic. It grows in children, matures, and is eventually captured by Liminal beings. These small, faerie-like creatures harvest and manipulate it, crafting it into the talen
ebook
Published May 15th 2014 by Morning Rain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Liminal Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liminal Lights

Scott Butcher
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sprites
I read Liminal Lights as a beta reader for Jennifer, we met on Authonomy. I liked her book (without really knowing her at the time) and just started reading it while providing some editorial suggestions. It was already pretty polished at that stage.

Liminal Lights is the story of fairy-like creatures (but they're not fairies) who harvest a small amount of human magic in exchange for remolding it into something we can use. The Liminals do this in a friendly way, which they believe to be beneficia
Majanka
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

In Liminal Lights, Magic is real, and that’s something Nadia will find out soon enough. It grows in children and matures in them, until it’s captured by Liminal beings, who harvest and manipulate the magic into talents and skills inherent in humans. Whatever is left, they keep for themselves, in an effort to sustain their own life forces. But with the human race evolving and magic growing more and more scarce, Liminal
J.M. Lavallee
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle Grade/YA
Liminal Lights, by J.M. Bogart, is a pleasant, passion-sparked read. As an adult diving into this book, I found myself fondly reminiscing the surging energy of my teens, the indecision, the unnamed need to do something great, and the frustration of not knowing what that great thing should be. I'm sure young readers will bond quickly with Bogart's striking characters, and relating with this book's spirit, finally discover a name for their yet untrained talents; magic.

I immediately fell in love wi
Irina
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults, pre-teens
A book that sparks your imagination and invites you to embrace the existence of magic and creatures other than humans. Ideally this book would be perfect for pre-teens and young adults. The story is well written, has good character development, and integrates a fairly imaginative concept of magic into everyday life. The ending was somewhat rushed for my liking, because a lot of the important questions were left unanswered, but that leaves open the possibility for additional sequels. I look forwa ...more
L.F. Young
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all audiences
I really enjoyed this story, and I think it is the best Jennifer Bogart has written to date. Liminal Lights holds it's own as something for an adult to read, but it would also make an excellent bed time story for children to either read for themselves or to have it read to them. The concept that all humans have magic within them, and it's that magic that the Liminals need to survive, is wonderfully woven into a tale that the reader will find hard to put down.
I hope Bogart intends to carry on thi
Fannishsunny
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Zebeana "Bean" was good at following the rules, even if she had to guide her younger sister Tissa and deal with annoying Pritt. But things weren't well at home as her father, and head of the Council, withheld vital information which could change everything.

Suddenly her task, watching over Nadia, has gone from recog to establishing direct communication between humans, Liminals, and the Shadow creatures. This is as far from the rules as Bean can get.

I enjoyed the fact that the story is being tol
Marissa
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Signed Copy

In a world where faerie magic exist and it is in children to be nurtured.

Bean, Pritt, and Tissa must find new ways to gather human magic for their people to survive, Caught between light and shadows in the world of Liminal Lights.

One girl Nadia is wanted by all for her power but she trust no one. Can they protect her and give hope for their people. An interesting start to this trilogy.
E. Graziani
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enchanting read filled with magical creatures and real life teen troubles. The message is simple - all of us have magic in us, we just need to tap the courage inside of us to use it. Bravo!
Faisal
Joel
Ashley E
Kelsey
Jun 25, 2014

• Reawakening (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 3)
  • The Jewel of Kamara
  • The Strings of the Violin (The Hadariah Chronicles #1)
  • The Six Days
  • Lunula (Irador Series, #1)
  • The Travelers
  • Forecast
  • Awakening (Ragesong, #1)
  • Miyuki (Unusuals, #2)
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • The Portal and the Panther (Guardians of the Portal, #1)
  • Magdalena Gottschalk: The Crooked Trail (Magdalena Gottschalk, #1)
  • The One You Feed (Shadow Tales #1)
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • Gifted (The Hayven Series #1)
  • Cleanse Fire
  • Monsterland
  • The Thunderstone (The Houses of Storem, #1)
Reader, writer, editor, explorer, dreamer... Jennifer Bogart is having a love affair with words.

Author of three women's fiction novels (Newvember, Reflections, and Money, Masks & Madness), two romantic short stories (Under the Stars and Seven Seconds), one serialized novel (Sunny with a Twist of Olive), and "The Liminal Series", a YA fantasy (Liminal Lights & Shadow Shifts published by Mor