Start by marking “Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1)

Crossing the Line

(World Apart #1)

Laying it all on the line for love…

Mia Cresswell is tired of being good.
Achieving geek status at college doesn’t equate with fun. So when she heads home to her dad’s tennis academy in Santa Monica on spring break, she’s determined to be bad. And hot Aussie tennis star Kye Sheldon is just the guy to help her do it.

However, Kye’s troubled past continues to dog him and att
Published May 8th 2014 by Nicola Marsh

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

Kathleen
Romance Rating ~ 4 Stars
Heat Level ~ 4 Stars
Ending ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4 Stars

For a short read of a 148 pages, this book was a GRAND SLAM! The storyline was really good and kept me interested all the way through. The characters were all done very well and they had excellent back stories that pulled on my heartstrings.

I loved Mia, the heroine of the story. She was a good girl whose best friend dared her to be bad. She spotte
Steffi
3.5

Crossing the line is a short romance which was a very nice entertainment.

I enjoyed the tennis setting and liked Mia and Kye. They had a sizzling chemistry and I really liked them together.
The story has the typical development and drama but I still found myself enjoying it.

Nicola Marsh has an easy and likable writing style.
Desere
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mia is tired of being the good girl, and decides it's time to have some fun whilst being as bad as any girl can be. So when she heads off to her father's tennis academy she's more than determined to get as down and dirty as possible.

She sets her sights on tennis champ Kye. But Kye is there in order to sort out his messed up life and get a chance at the big time and by screwing the boss's daughter he will for darn sure ruin any chance he has to get in with the big players.

But as every girl out th
Catherine
Jan 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was truly disappointing.

Firstly, it was very short. It only took up about 70% of the ebook, the rest being a preview for a companion novel, and it took me no more than two hours to read. I think it probably translated to about 150 book pages, and because of this everything was rushed and shallow and happened too quickly.

The main characters weren't well developed, there was no real tension to the novel, and everything was resolved too easily. They fell in love within like two days of
Gabbie (Rampant Readers)
For more of this review and others like it, check out my blog, Rampant Readers.

Plot

Mia Cresswell is tired of being a good girl so she makes it her mission to act bad on her vacation from college. That’s where Kye comes in. Kye is just what Mia is looking for: a bad boy Aussie with an accent to die for and an affinity for being bad and not caring what anyone thinks. But Mia is keeping a secret from Kye on their one night, steamy fling: she’s the daughter of Dirk Cresswell, the guy who owns the
Milka Bago
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mia Creswell has always been a goody-two-shoes. Always following the rule book. Always adhering to actions that her father would approve. But she is so over the reputation. She wants to shed her good girl persona. She wants to break free. But the question is how?

So while she was on a summer break, she asked the help of her best friend, Dani. On her first night in her hometown, they decided to attend a party. The problem is, she’s not fond of attending parties either. So when Dani tasked her to f
Alexa Nichole Demers
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review provided by...

photo 8b10f759-8955-449d-8f3c-6348c3614003_zpse17e1634.jpg

Nicola Marsh is a genius. For such a short read this book was pretty amazing!

The storyline was really interesting. The story kept me hooked throughout the entire read. Between the dual POVs and all of the secrets they tried to keep it was really hard to put the book down. Each character was written beautifully and they each brought a new level to the story!

Mia was a great heroine. She has been left behind and overprotected by her father for all of her life. Her friend makes
FicCentral

On break from school, Mia Cresswell just wants to be fun. She’s tired of being the somewhat nerdy, studious girl who never has a date, and now that she’s home at her father’s tennis academy — a campus well stocked with athletes galore — maybe she can let loose for once. And maybe the guy she sees standing apart from the others, the drop dead gorgeous one with a bad boy edge to him, can help her with that.

Kye Sheldon knows this place is his last chance. Having been kicked out of Australia’s numbe
Erica
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well written and a beautifully built romance

I love starting a new Nicola Marsh story it always manages to surprise me (in a good way) with what she can come up with, and I always have an absolute blast reading them.

Crossing the line was Brilliant, thoroughly enjoyable. Captured me from the very beginning only spitting me out at the very end leaving me completely entertained and excited for what Nicola Marsh will bring out next.

I loved Kye so wounded and different and Aussie!!!! A male lead that
Maria Rose
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this new adult romance we are treated to the story of Mia and Kye. When Kye ends up in Santa Monica to hone his tennis skills, hooking up with the daughter of the tennis academy's owner was not part of his plan. But Mia is tired of being the good girl, and when the chance to prove something to herself comes up, she jumps in with both feet and Kye is helpless to resist. But what will happen when her two week vacation is up and they go their separate ways?

I quite liked this story. Mia was a fri
Shiran
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
"I heard the shower running and contemplated following him in there for one insane second before dismissing it as PTSD: Post Terrific Sex Ditziness"

I stumbled onto this book as a free download on Amazon. I loved the cover and the synopsis sounded just like the kind of story I was in the mood for, so I decided to give it a try - and I'm so very happy I did. I devoured this book in one day. I just couldn't put it down. I love Marsh's writing style, the change between each characters POV and the qu
Janie Evans
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A 5 star read from Nicola Marsh..."Crossing the Line." Mia is home on Spring break. It's just her and her Dad since her mother passed away when she was a young girl. She also wants to spend time with her friend Dani who she's known since they were little. Dani is the wild child and Mia is the good girl.

Kye is starting at Mia's Dads tennis academy and this is his last chance at a tennis career. He is in America from Australia. After Kye's Mom passes away his father finds out that he is alive. Ky
Romance
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mia is a self proclaimed nerd that is on break from school and is visiting her dad, a former tennis star that now grooms up and coming tennis jock in his academy. Mia is dared to pick one of the new hot jocks to have a one night stand with. She is not experienced and wants to pick someone that will play her game to prove to her bff that she can me bad.

Enter our hot male, Kye. OMG book boyfriend bad boy. The boy your momma, daddy, and grandparents told you never to bother with. Or is he? Kye is q
books are love
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it

this was a good book. Mia was a princess in her dad's eye and sheltered by him. Kye was a rough and tumble type guy with a heart of gold. The two collide and sparks fly. mia's friend is to blame for these two with her bet to mia not that I am complaining. It helped mia gain some confidence and come out of her shell and it helped kye see that anger isn't the only motivation for things.

These two grew up and into strong people because of their support and snarkiness to each other. They were attract
Michie Scott
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this book,this is so romantic and sexy as hell. I love Kye's character, he is charming,brave,caring and wonderful character, he is determined to change his life and to show how thankful he is to his father for accepting and loving him. He learned from his past and he will do everything to achieve all his dreams. When he met the girl that he really love, he give up everything and do his best to be with Mia.

While Mia, I like her character too, at first I thought, she is brat beca
Leanne Crabtree
I'm working my way through a list of books found here: http://booklikes.com/apps/reading-lis... on BookLikes and that's the only reason I've read this.

It's also turned out to be the first on it of the seven I've read, that I haven't liked. DNF @ 39%.

I don't know if it had anything to do with my lack of love for NA books as of so many months ago but I didn't gel with the storyline or the characters, though I did like the hero's Aussie-isms (they remind me a lot of British lingo).

If I don't get in
sue
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
When I first started reading this, and got into the part where goody two shoes Mia wanted to start acting a badass kinda gal, I was....what the heck? but you know, it worked!

Her father's tennis academy is where she's aimed her sights at, one particular person in general, his name is Kye. Now he is the head of his game, he doesn't need or want distractions, but Mia is not taking any of that, she aims to get him "right in the net". I don't think we are calling 'duece' here folks.

Its a heated, sex
Kelly
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Mia and Kye. They meet at Mia's Dads party at the academy and find they have a strong connection. They have a night of passion and then the next day they both have personal reasons as to why they should only be friends. This book follows along on their journey to getting to know one another through the ups and downs standing in their way.
Nicola Marsh does a fantastic job with the flow of the story and the characters in this story. This book held my attention and was a good r
Bree
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I flew through this book so quickly. I was trying to go slow and savor it, but I just couldn't wait. I had to devour it. It was so consuming you just couldn't look away! I loved the characters they really made the book what it was. I wished it was longer and we could have seen more of how her father reacted. Honestly I just never wanted it to end. I doubt any amount of time would have been long enough. The next book is already sitting in my library and I can't wait to see where this one tak ...more
Jamie Rhodes
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you need a quick read then I suggest this book. Mia is a nerdy (in her mind) college girl who has come home for her school's break. Kye is an Aussie tennis player who has been pegged as having a temper. Sparks fly as these two try to fight their attraction to each other. I really enjoyed the storyline as Mia tried to break through Kye's defensive stance during the first part of the book. The tide turned during the second part and Kye was the one in pursuit. I did have a bit of an issue with D ...more
Cahm
Nicola Marsh knows how to reel you in and keep you engaged. Crossing The Line is no exception.

The main characters are easy to like and definitely engaging as they navigate through their emotions and understanding of the world. The secondary character Dani is next up for the World Apart series and I look forward to her story in Towing The Line.

If you enjoy a quick romance with solid engaging characters plea pick up Crossing The Line - you will not regret it.
Stacey
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wow what an intense story and in a way a Romeo and Juliet story where they must be quiet about their relationship Kye a bad boy who has his eyes set on tennis but Mia changes his mind in so many ways and Dani Mias best friend who has secrets of her own .. but can Kye and Mia find a way to be together or is their relationship doomed or able to succeed ..
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
This book was really cute. For a freebie find on Amazon I didnt know what I was getting myself into. Plus I have not read anything by this author so it was a chance on both ends. But I must say I enjoy this story very much! Hot aussie tennis plays meets good girl and they have such an intense connection its awesome!Sexy sexy times too.
Sharon Dunn
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've always been a fan of Nicola's books, they are short, sweet, sexy and have great HEA's! This one did not disappoint! Great afternoon read.
Erin Hennigan
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good read. I enjoyed the development of their relationship. I do wish the book hadn't ended so suddenly though. It would have been nice to follow their story further. Maybe that's an upcoming book?
Kristina
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Well written, light romantic story. Kept me interested throughout.
Siona
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was nice. It was a change from the men constantly going after the girl and I liked it. Wasn't the best read but it was okay.
Jessica
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the back and forth banter between the two main characters. Really enjoyed this read. Free on BN.
Victoria
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read forever and ever since the heart of a great book to read
Krystyn
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Easy, fun, short read with a super sexy Aussie Hero that will make you love tennis
  • Ashborne (The Ashborne Saga #1)
  • Drowning (Tears of Sin, #1)
  • Sparrows for Free (Sparrows, #1)
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Stepbrother Alpha's Baby 2
  • Rough Waters (Drenaline Surf, #2)
  • One Wild Night (Wild Rush, #0.5)
  • VIP (Rock & Release, Act #1)
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Unforgiven (The Unseen Trilogy #2)
  • Daughter of the Goddess
  • Rumors (Lingering Echoes, #0.5)
  • Red Phoenix's Passion is for Lovers Collection (Boxed Set)
  • Fight (Struggle, #2)
  • Summer Dreams
  • Coach Maddie and the Marine
  • Learning the Ropes (Rodeo #3)
  • Running Back (New York Leopards, #2)
USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author Nicola Marsh writes flirty fiction with flair for adults.

She has published 64 books with Harlequin, Amazon Lake Union and indie, and sold over 7 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes women's fiction for Amazon's Lake Union imprint and steamy romance for Harlequin Dare.

Her first mainstream contemporary romance, BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD released to r

World Apart (3 books)
  • Towing the Line (World Apart, #2)
  • Blurring the Line (World Apart, #3)