Start by marking “Demons: Jase & Cassie (The MacLanes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demons: Jase & Cassie (The MacLanes, #1)

Demons: Jase & Cassie (The MacLanes, #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Demons is the first book in the MacLane Family series. It is the story of Jase & Cassie and does NOT have a cliffhanger ending. Due to ‘adult content,’ this book is best suited for readers 18 years of age and older.

Jason “Jase” MacLane grew up surrounded by money. Being half of Anderson-MacLane Industries had its privileges and provided a rather comfortable life for Ja
Published February 14th 2014 by R.J. Van Cleave

To ask other readers questions about Demons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demons

Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books

Demons: Jase and Cassie (The MacLanes) was a good debut novel for RJ Van Cleave. Demons follows Jase MacLanes and Cassie Middleton and their rollercoaster of a relationship.

Cassie is a single mom of twins who moved away from her LA life and purchased a Potts farm. Cassie is strong, independent and pretty kick ass but she has not always lived the glamorous life.

Cassie’s now has four hot MacLane boys as her new neighbors. Jase is the oldest and is hooked at first sight but he fights the
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Okay, so I went into this thinking it was going to be a sweet love story set in the country and it is but there is so much more happening than a romance.

Cassie moves to a home in the country in a bid to escape the LA lifestyle. She is a divorced mother of gorgeous twin girls and has plans to turn her little patch of land into a sustainable organic business.

The McLane family live next door and unbeknownst to Cassie, the eldest son Jase was the other bidder on the house she bought. He is pissed th
Maria
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Money is one thing Jason's family has always had, but he didn't let that define him. He went to college and then enlisted, and when he found a woman he thought he loved he married her even if it was a bit of a shotgun wedding. 3 years later when he finally finished his tour of duty he found out just what kind of woman she really was and after her sudden death he turned his back on women, until SHE came along and knocked him on his a$$.

She was looking for a place to start over and though
Emily
Cassandra "Cassie" Middleton knows that her marriage was not built on love but was for the sake of her twin girls. After an amicable divorce, Cassie decides to move with her girls to Old Potts Farm and reinvent her life. She had not expected her hot tempered neighbor Jason "Jase" MacLane to have a problem with er or to seem to suffer from foot in mouth syndrome.

Jase had a plan for Old Potts Farm, level it and wipe away the last remaining memory of his wife. Jase had a marriage that was a facade
Brandy
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got this book because I won book 2. It said I could read it as a stand alone but I like to read the series in order when I can. While I was waiting for Damages to get to me I read Demons and am very happy I did. I enjoyed it very much (and even stayed up until well into the morning to finish it).
Paula Moore
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it,loved Cassie she was sweet but totally kicka**,read it in one sitting and can't wait for the next one in the series
Trudy Dowling
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been reading a lot of samples in preparation for an author signing. It took ten samples, that I didn’t finish, before I started Demons: Jase and Cassie’s story. I quickly purchased the ebook because the sample just wasn’t enough. As soon as I finished Demons I bought the other two ebooks that are available.
I really like the Cassie. She has purchased a farm in need of love in order to give her and her twin girls a fresh start. Jase, a neighbor, had wanted the property. He was not happy—
Ginger Snaps
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I met Author R.J. Van Cleave recently at an Book Signing event in San Diego, and that was how I learned of this series. This was a sweet love story between Jase & Cassie, who happen to become next door neighbors when Cassie buys the farm next door and moves in with her 4 year old twin girls. Due to the demons in his past, Jase has all sorts of assumptions about Cassie, all of which are completely wrong. Cassie has her demons from her previous marriage and relationship prior, that affects how ...more
Heather Carver
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg I loved this book. I loved Cassie and her witty, sassy personality. Love Jase and his Alpha ways!

Cassie has struggled a lot in life. She is ready to finally move on and be happy even if it is alone. She moves out to BFE to raise her daughters and farm. She doesn't expect to run into the MacLane family and fall in love with them. While she gets along with them all Jase has an attitude. She loves to put him in his place though!!!

Jase has sworn off all women. They are nothing but trouble that
Audra
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dropped a star due to spelling and grammar mistakes.
Kimberly
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't really know what to expect when reading Demons, I had never heard of it or this author before but am happy I did read it. I thought the story line was great and the characters were all very likable. I did think the brothers were a bit immature for their age but other than that it was a great read!
Tricia
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Can't wait to get into the rest of the series!
Starla Lowry
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story of a family and learning to love again. I cannot wait for the second book.
Andrea Doss
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book
Crystal Singer
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by RJ and I really enjoyed it!!!!! It was laugh out loud funny, sexy, sweet and full of the right amount of drama! I'll for sure be picking up the others in this series!
Alex Brown
Jessica
Oct 24, 2014
Gwen
Aug 08, 2015
  • Dating A Cop (The Dating Series, #1)
  • A Callahan Wedding (Callahan Cowboys, #6)
  • Wanting (PAVAD: FBI Romantic Suspense, #2)
  • On the Edge
  • No More Regrets
  • The Changeup (Men of the Show #1)
  • Elisa (Alpha, #2)
  • Close to You (O'Neil Brothers #2)
  • Bones by the Wood (Kairos #2)
  • To Catch a Falling Star (Crossing Stars, #2)
  • Glitter and Grit (Lonesome Point, Texas, #4)
  • Banger's Ride (Insurgents MC, #5)
  • Jake (Wyoming Sky, #3)
  • Light Up the Night (The Night Stalkers, #8)
  • Designing Samantha's Love
  • Fix You (Fix You, #1)
  • Taking Charge
  • All the Sky (Signal Bend, #5)
R.J. Van Cleave was born and raised in a small town just east of San Diego, California, where she still resides today. From the time R.J. was a small child, she wanted to be a doctor or have babies. In the 6th grade, one very special teacher, and a nun to boot ignited a love for science in her that is still there today. Then in high school, one phenomenal English teacher introduced her to American ...more