Start by marking “Midnight Runes (The Bestowed Ones, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Runes (The Bestowed Ones, #1)

Midnight Runes

(The Bestowed Ones #1)

Brynn Emerson has always been in control of her life — until a mysterious stranger invades her dreams and her boyfriend, Trevor, suddenly dumps her. Life gets more complicated when secretive newcomer Landon shows up at school. The playful and handsome Landon is somehow connected to Brynn’s ex-boyfriend. Determined to find out how they know each other, Brynn draws closer to ...more
Published May 21st 2014 (first published May 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Runes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Runes

Start your review of Midnight Runes (The Bestowed Ones, #1)
Michelle Wrona
Review copy provided by Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I don't usually go for books with premises like this. They're too unoriginal and easy-to-spot. I'm constantly left with the same thing over and over again. But something about Midnight Runes just left me wanting to grab it out of its picture, if you know what I mean. And turns out, it wasn't the best book in the world, but it was more of an "okay" read.

Now when I think about it... I am a little upset with
old account (rl)
DNF 25% - Review copy provided for an honest review.

I tried to get through this but I couldn't. I really just couldn't. I have so many books that I need to read this month it's ridiculous. I don't want to have to waste my time struggling to get through just one book. I read this for as long as I could but I couldn't make it any further. The characters were irritating and we had your typical smoking-hot-new-guy plotline going on. Boring! I am just not in the mood for this.
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Midnight Runes is the first in the young adult paranormal series, The Bestowed Ones. I ended up liking Midnight Runes and the characters have intrigued me enough to want to read the next book. I feel like I really want to know what is going to happen with Landon and Brynn, and even Trevor. But it really took me a while to get there. For over the first half of the book we didn't have any hint of any idea of what was g
Saptarshi Prachi
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
*** I was provided with a copy of this book through Expresso Book Tours in return for an honest review ***

This was a very interesting story and really different from what I had expected after reading the summary. It had enough mystery and a creative story line to keep me hooked until the end. There were so many things that I really liked and also disliked in this book, but for the most part it was an overall good story.

Some of the things I really enjoyed reading in this book were that Brynn's p
Sally Sparrow
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am not a huge fan of YA novels as there is frequently too much teen chatter for my taste, but the premise of this book was so interesting I wanted to read it anyway.

There is quite a bit of teenager chatter.

However, if you don’t mind that, or can look past it, the story itself is quite compelling.

After repeatedly blowing her off, Brynn’s older boyfriend breaks up with her right before she starts her senior year of high school. He’s been acting odd for a while, and since their families have be
Amanda
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review and so you shall have an honest review. Let me preface this by saying I’ve been on a lot of coffee lately. Now, that it is finally starting to get cold here in D.C. I can drink latte’s without sweating to death, or sit in my favorite coffeehouse/bookstore without freezing to death. Anyway, enough about the weather and onto the review!

Synopsis: This book follows Brynn Emerson, a normal girl who has what she thinks is a normal, perfect boyfriend
Kristen Walker
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Midnight Runes kicks off with a mystery: someone is watching Brynn, and meanwhile, her boyfriend Trevor is acting really weird and blowing her off. It's not long before Trevor breaks up with her and says that he can't explain what's going on in his life. Of course, Brynn suspects that there's more going on--so she decides to find out the truth.

And then approximately two-thirds of the book is taken up with typical high school drama. Now, this wasn't entirely bad, because Brynn is a really relatab
Becca
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a lot of fun to read. Brynn has this wonderful boyfriend Trevor who all of the sudden starts making excuses about why he can't go out. Brynn tries to understand but is beginning to feel more and more distant from Trevor. At the end of Trevor's senior year he decides to break up with Brynn.

Trevor says it's to keep her safe. Brynn doesn't understand what that means, and is determined to find out. It's harder than she thought it would be because Trevor keeps avoiding her.

Brynn's summe
Sharon
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, young-adult
Review: 3 out of 5 stars

Midnight Runes is the first book in The Bestowed Ones series by Celeste Buie.

Our main character is Brynn Emerson who is having a few problems with her hot & cold boyfriend Trevor; he is behaving in a strange way, not showing up when they make plans, has a mysterious tattoo, is evasive and then suddenly breaks up with her without a valid explanation.

Brynn was a likeable character, sassy and witty. I felt she was too forgiving of both the evasive boys in her life – her boyf
The Bookwhore Diaries
Review posted on The Bookwhore Diaries.
description

“Make him work to keep your affection. He’s worth it.”
“Which guy?” I asked, but she smiled and shook her head.

It was interesting that the main character or MC had a boyfriend at the beginning of the novel. Most of the books I’ve read had a boyfriend or will have a boyfriend. I liked that this was an exception.

❤ Jane ❤
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, young-adult
“Make him work to keep your affection. He’s worth it.”
“Which guy?” I asked, but she smiled and shook her head.

I expected this to be action packed or at least fast paced but the storyline dragged on. Half-way through and I’m still waiting for something to happen. Brynn’s group everything a 4th
Jon Vanzile
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Celeste Buie gets a lot of things right in her debut novel. Set in southeast Michigan, Brynn is a high school student who finds herself at the center of a centuries-old battle fought between members of a shadowy, secret organization. It starts when her boyfriend starts acting strange and leaves her without explanation, and then newcomer Landon shows up at her school with no way to really explain his strange powers, his money, or his interest in her. The stakes become clear when Brynn herself vis ...more
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
I received a copy in exchange for my honest review.

I started with one emotion while read this book: intrigue. I was intrigued right from the start, and while the story is interesting...it lacks a lot.

First of all, the reader is kept in the dark for the most part until a few chapters before the ending. Why do I have a problem with this in the story? Because it felt contemporary instead of paranormal. There were times where I would forget it was a paranormal story. There weren't many explanations
Sheila Ryals
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting book. Brynn's life gets really strange when her boyfirend dumps her and she starts having dreams of a strange guy. A very decent book with a good storyline. will be reading the next book! ...more
Deanna
MaryAnne Hart
Sharon Williams
Alisha
Jun 11, 2014
Hi! I live in Michigan with my husband, our three kids, and huge adopted dog. We’ve lived in three cities within this beautiful state and have visited many of the places mentioned in the Bestowed Ones series. One of the most adventurous things I’ve done is horseback ride across the state on the Lake to Lake trail. I love traveling, giving back to the community, and taking on creative projects.
For