Start by marking “TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1)

TimeBomb

(Timebomb Trilogy #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
New York City, 2141: Yojana Patel throws herself off a skyscraper, but never hits the ground.

Cornwall, 1640: gentle young Dora Predennick, newly come to Sweetclover Hall to work, discovers a badly-burnt woman at the bottom of a flight of stairs. When she reaches out to comfort the dying woman, she's knocked unconscious, only to wake, centuries later, in empty laboratory ro
Published October 9th 2014 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about TimeBomb, please sign up.

Shazina
Timebomb, the first book which I hope is not the last. A compelling and very gripping read, not only does it incorporate time traveling it has more than three people who can, wait more like a LOT of people. I was so EXICTED to be reading a time traveling novel after a very long time. Thinking back it was Tempest by Julie Cross. After reading Timebomb it is now one of the best time traveling books I have read it was just amazing.

Each character had a huge role to play in finding the curious Quil,
TimeBomb is the first book in Scott K. Andrews' new time travel trilogy and it introduces us to three very different protagonists. First you have Jana, a girl from 2141 New York who finds herself pulled to the present day when she leaps off the top of a skyscraper. Then there is Dora, a young servant who has been pulled forward in time from Cornwall in 1640 and finds herself in a world very different to the one she is used to. Finally there is Kaz, the boy who finds them both at Sweetclover Hall ...more
Liz Barnsley
HA excellent time twisty start to what is shaping up to be a corker of a series from Scott K Andrews - A rip roaring roller coaster ride of a read that keeps you on your toes and is a WHOLE lot of fun. Really great construction here, terrific characters and one of those books you really can read for the sheer unadulterated joy of it.

Oh dear, how can I review it without spoilers? Seriously,lots of action, three very different main protagonists are thrown together under insane circumstances and so
Kate
What a corker of a novel! Perfect time travel adventure for readers of all ages. I just want more!

Katie Brock
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Timebomb is a great science fiction read. I love a bit of time travel but this book took three people, Dora, Kaz and Jana out of their own times and into a battle for the future.

Dora, being from the 17th century, struggled the most on understanding what has happened to her.

I actually liked Kaz the most out of the three, Dora was frightened and confused, Jana could be a little bitchy, but Kaz was surprisingly level headed considering he's not a native or that he understands. It was good to see
Mieneke
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first learned of TimeBomb, I thought it sounded really interesting, which meant I was stoked to have won an ARC via Twitter. Described as a YA trilogy featuring time travel and Roundheads and Cavaliers, it sounded like it should be a tremendous amount of fun and that is exactly what it was. TimeBomb was a page turner of a story, with a cool premise and fabulous characters.

The books kicks off with our protagonists all in their own times and being pulled to our present. I loved how Andrews
Lorraine
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
A real page turner.
The distinct characters are well rounded, interesting and likeable.
The plot is well thought out, fun and fast paced.
A great introduction to a new and exciting series.
I look forward to reading more.

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)

I requested this because of the cover.

I must admit that the main reason I ended up requesting Timebomb was the cover. I couldn't help myself, despite my issues with it, I really like the cover. With the skyscraper skyline at the top and the country village at the bottom, I could tell a lot about the book by just looking at the cover. I'd never heard of the author before and I hadn't heard anything about the book, but I was excited nonetheless to receive my copy and read it.

Time travel books c
Jim Infantino
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I really like about this time travel story is the attention to detail regarding some of the annoying aspects of time travel. I've finished the trilogy and it's a great read for hard-sci-fi lovers and whatever the other kind of sci-fi lover is. The characters are fun, deep, and really complex. Andrews goes into depth on many issues of culture in different time periods and is great with new tech ideas. With all of that, it's just really fun, and the action sequences are fantastic.
Cindy
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first time I heard about TimeBomb was when Hodder revealed the cover. I thought it looked amazing and the synopsis sounded really good. It took me another year to actually get my hands on it though, but when I finally had it, I couldn’t wait and started it right away.

The book definitely doesn’t miss its start. The first few pages are fast-paced, not wasting any time on fluff but throwing the reader right in the middle of all the action.
The protagonists in this book are three very distinct ch
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
Reviews can also be found on my blog Escapades of a Bookworm

All I can say is that I should have read this book sooner. I should have read this book when it frist came out because it was good! I was sucked into this book from the beginning and found it extremely hard to put down. I got so frustrated when I had to do trivial things like go to work…

This is quite a fast paced book and we are quickly thrown into the story, which would normally mean that I’d merge characters together and get a littl
Charlie Bell
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I found that I had one a free copy of this book, I was quite excited albeit rather sceptical. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan you see, I prefer fantasy, teen, horror style books, but I wasn't sure I would find a novel about time travel all that interesting. However, upon reading a few reviews and the blurb and whatnot I discovered it was not all it appeared, and seemed much more up my alley.

It follows the story of 3 characters, each with a destiny of sorts, a path they must follow and one that th
Jess
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, from-publisher
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Hodder & Stoughton and Bookbridgr*

The lives of three teens are changed when they are thrust together in an adventure that will question everything they know.
Yojana (Jana) Patel is from New York and lives in 2141. She is being chased by three unknown men and jumps off a skyscraper. She doesn't hit the ground.
Dora Predennick lives in Cornwall, 1640, and has just started a job at Sweetclover Hall at her parents' insiste
Laura Hughes
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Scott K. Andrews’ Timebomb is a fun, fast-paced time-travelling adventure. I must admit it was with some trepidation that I began reading part one of the Timebomb trilogy: I expected the whole ‘time travelling’ thing to be a bit daft, but soon learned to suspend my disbelief and just roll with it.

The story focuses on 3 likeable, yet different, teenage protagonists: there’s Kaz the impulsive Polish immigrant from 2013; Jana the reckless, rich American from 2141; and Dora, the innocent bumpkin fro
Susanne
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Yay, time travel! Yay, two female leads *and* a female villain! Well done, Scott K Andrews, for flipping the bird to stereotypes. *applauds*

I really wanted to like the book, because see above, and also because my best friend, whose name is Jana, gave it to me for Christmas. Alas, this just wasn't for me. The tone jumped too wildly, from super brutal warfare to overly cutesy descriptions of poor Dora's introduction to the 20th century ("because she doesn't know what chocolate is, see? SEE? SEE WH
LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :(
2.5 stars-- gave it 3 in goodreads for the characters.

Boring.

Okay, I don't give a lot of slack to people who say a book was boring. Yeah, this book sounds like a great story concept-- time travel! Powers! Villains! YAY! But I found myself disengaged from the story and the plot, and had trouble reading to the end.

Quil, Sweetclover, Kaz, Jana, and Dora are all very realistic characters, but the plot doesn't reveal enough of the villains' motives to make me want to read the sequel. The worldbuildin
Isobel Radakovic
3.5 stars.
I was really interested in the whole time-travel premise of this book, and it was one of the main things that made me enjoy this book. My favourite thing, I think, about this book was the well-fleshed out protagonists. I did prefer reading in Jana's perspective over Kaz and Dora, but I liked all of them. I appreciated their diversity and differing personalities. At times I was confused, but overall it was a decent book. I might even pick up the sequel.
Natasha-jane
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received this book via a Goodreads Giveaway. I decided to read it about a month ago... What the??? It is so hard to read and I lost the storyline about three chapters in! From what I could understand it was a good read but it was very confusing! I personally wouldn't recommend this book to any of my friends.
Leslea
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the idea here - 3 strangers brought together in time from different times, travelling and trying to stay alive through adversity. The first half of the book I thought was a bit slow but as this is the first in a trilogy there was a lot to set up. The 2nd half was then the beginning of a great adventure and I found it hard to put down. Hope the 2nd book is not too long in coming out!
Brilliant book. Great time travelling storyline with brilliant characters. Each chapter opens up more information for you to unravel the mystery of what is going on, right up until the explosive ending. Can't wait for more instalments in the time travelling world
Tressa
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this fast paced time travelling tale. Easy to read, hard to put down, I really want the next installment!
Martin
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Man what a great read. Non stop action start to finish, and some of the best time travel fiction I've read. I lost several hours of sleep thanks to this book. A title I cannot wait to sell
Oda Renate
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I enjoyed it but overall there were too many questions and few answers. thank god, its not a standalone.
Taniplea
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a bit confusing, but I feel like all good time travel books are like that that in the beginning. I definitely want to know what will happen next.
Alisha Tarran
New York, 2141, Jana is on top of a skyscraper surrounded by dodgy blokes after her head, she does the only thing she can think off.....she jumps. But she never hits the ground.

Cornwall, 1640, young Dora is working at Sweetclover Hall, she's new to the Hall, but she knows enough to know what goes on there. However, when she hears a strange noise, she follows it to find a badly burned woman at the bottom of the stairs. A woman who knows who she is. Wanting to help her, Dora reaches out to touch h
Dani C
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Review originally posted on my blog.

I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher, but before it tumbled through my front door, I hadn't heard of it. As soon as I read the synopsis, however, I knew I had to read it, and soon. So I picked it up and started to read nearly as soon as I had it in my hands. And wow ... I'm so glad I did.

I have posted on Twitter about this book so many times in the week and a bit I have been reading it (writing takes up a lot of my time nowadays ... otherwise I woul
Liz
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a Goodreads’ competition, and as promised here is my review!
I’ll be honest and say I was initially a little sceptical when I received the book in the post, and wasn’t sure it would be my cup-of-tea after reading the back blurb… however, I was pleasantly surprised! I managed to read this cover to cover within 24 hours, while simultaneously running a kids camp! Needless to say sleep was not a major player in those 24 hours!
Time travel is a very tricky subject to navigate well.
Andrew Wallace
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scott K Andrews avoids the pitfalls of complex time travel exposition in this, the first book in a young adult trilogy, which some reviewers have objected to. It is one of the risks inherent in this notorious mind-bender of a genre; however, ‘TimeBomb’ makes the best of it with a suitably twist-filled narrative as three teens, one from the past, one from our present and one from the future, find themselves snatched from their lives by mysterious figures engaged in a conspiracy presumably caused ...more
Jackie Law
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Timebomb, by Scott K. Andrews, is the first book in a planned, new, time travel trilogy for young adults. It follows the adventures of three teenagers plucked unexpectedly from lives that seem ordinary in the 17th, 21st and 22nd centuries to face a foe they are told little about. They are flung into an unknown world where they are constantly threatened and do not know who to trust. As may be expected if time travel became a possibility there are those who wish to control the few who can master i ...more
Moonlight
Sep 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-july-2015
*Received from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review*
description

3.5 STARS

Impeccably unique and mesmerising, Andrews takes an astoundingly interesting take on time travel. I really love the cover, so bright and eye-catching!

When Dora and Yojana fall from the ceiling of a room where Kaz is pulled towards, they are all shocked by their appearance. Coming from different eras, they must stick together to find out what is going on, and to figure out who is chasing them, why, and how to stop them.

The
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Way Down Dark  (The Australia Trilogy, #1)
  • Gleam (The Factory Trilogy, #1)
  • Jani and the Greater Game
  • Cracks
  • Our Lady of the Streets (The Skyscraper Throne, #3)
  • In Another Life
  • Twenty Questions for Gloria
  • Empire (The Chronicles of the Invaders, #2)
  • Extinction Game (The Apocalypse Duology, #1)
  • Tribute
  • Depth
  • Shadowplay (Micah Grey, #2)
  • Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures, Vol. 1
  • New Pompeii
  • Noble Conflict
  • The Catalyst
  • Nunslinger: The Complete Series
  • Stray (Stray, #1)
Scott K. Andrews has written episode guides, magazine articles, film and book reviews, comics, computer games, audio plays for Big Finish, far too many blogs, some poems you will never read, and a whole bunch of novels. He's online at www.scottkandrews.com.

Timebomb Trilogy (3 books)
  • Second Lives (Timebomb Trilogy #2)
  • The New World (Timebomb Trilogy #3)