Start by marking “Rescue Island (Flynn's Log, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rescue Island (Flynn's Log, #1)

Rescue Island

(Flynn's Log #1)

If you lived in Minecraft, would you survive? Follow Flynn on a journey through Minecraft filled with trouble and danger as he battles spiders, skeletons, zombies, and creepers.

Flynn’s memory is hazy. He wakes up in a strange world and faces two huge surprises... First, his body has transformed. He is no longer a human. He is a Minecraft character! Second, he is totally al
Paperback, Edition 1.2
Published April 22nd 2014 by CreateSpace (first published April 1st 2014)

Jayzoo 33
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew nothing about the Minecraft game before I read this book, and yet I was immediately drawn to Flynn's adventure log and the unique characters. Stone Marshall is a master story teller and engages the reader with drama, mystery, intrigue, and a few lessons for us mortals left in the real world. No matter your age or gender, you'll find Flynn's Rescue Island a place that you want to visit on your next journey. Stone MarshallMinecraft Adventures - Flynn's Log 1: Rescue Island
Veronica Rosa
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
My six year old son and I read this together. He has an obsession with Minecraft and well, I enjoy the game, too. ;)

We both quite enjoyed this book. The simplicity of the language made it easy for him to follow, although it was by no means juvenile or childish. It is written in first person present tense, which took me a few pages to get the hang of since I usually read 3rd person, past tense.

The spiders had me cringing, hate those darn things and when the creeper exploded, I felt poor Flynn's p
Dina Roberts
I had so much fun reading this book.

I actually read it all in one sitting, which is very rare for me.

It's a story I've imagined, and I'm wondering if most other Minecraft players do as well. What if you got sucked into the world of Minecraft?

The story has suspense, adventure, and great surprises.

I look forward to reading more books from the series.
VGA
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I know, I know. I know EXACTLY what must reviewers would say about this book. Listen. This isn't usually my type of book. But I got a whole bunch for free a few months ago, and I'm just now reading them. So yeah.
Karissa
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flynn's Log 1 is an exciting story of survival within the digital world of Minecraft. Despite being disoriented and then injured, Flynn has to quickly acclimate to the world; he builds shelter, risks his life for food, and encounters dangerous creatures from the world of Minecraft. The ending is really intense and exciting!

Flynn is believable, and more than that, as a reader I really wanted him to survive and achieve his destiny. I don't want to give too much away, but I really felt for Flynn wh
Reed Lawrence
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book makes me reminisce about my days when I played survival servers with my friends or by myself, I was always disappointed when I had to put this book down to do other thing. For anybody hoping for a great adventure, even if you don't even know what mine craft is, I would suggest this book.
Geri Lawrence
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a grandmother who has 9 grandkids who love to play Minecraft. I didn't know anything about the game, but they told me to read this book, so I did. What a treat! I really enjoyed it! It is written in 1st person and takes Flynn on several adventures in the game of mine craft. Somehow he has fallen into the game. He doesn't know how he got there, but now he must learn to survive. Now when they are talking about mine craft I have an idea what they are talking about. This is written on about a 3 ...more
Isaac Ramirez
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lauren
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I gave this book to my younger brother (about 10 years old), as a present since I got it through Goodreads First Reads, and asked him what he thought of it after he had read the whole book:
"It didn't deserve five stars because the words were kind of repetitve. The beginning was also kind of creepy. The good thing was that when you read the first chapter, you get hooked in, and go "hmm, let me read more" and you get more and more hooked in. My favorite part was the chapter called 'Citadel Fort'
Avery Koll
Lauren
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This rating is an average of my child's take on the book and my own. We spent an hour this afternoon reading this together, until the very end (which is a huge cliffhanger).

As a grownup, I had a hard time with the writing style and the story wasn't my cup of tea, but I can't deny the pull the story had on my 4 year old (that loves playing minecraft). We normally play safe mode, so some of this story was scary for the little one, but he always wanted to finish the story.
Rickie Hinrichs
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could actually see this happening. The internet has a way of controlling all ready. Mind control is how he got into the game by my estimation, now can he survive, is he alone, can he find a way out before he is caught by the many traps, if so at what cost. Thank you goodreads for a interesting book. Can't wait to see the next book in his adventure.
Miranda
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the best Minecraft books I have ever read! Stone Marshall's writing style is really powerful, and I love the character development between Flynn and Verve and Kahn!! Great job Stone! I'm sure I'm gonna buy the next book in the series!!
Grandpadigis.net
This is a well written take-off to the Minecraft game. It's a short book with an Interesting plot and enough twists to keep you interested. It's short enough that it can be read on your Kindle in an afternoon. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Sarahanne
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
If I were an 8 year old this would be a five star story. As a middle aged gamer it was still pretty fun to read. I'll. be looking for the paper version as gifts.
Hazel
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My 9yo absolutely loved this. He doesn't typically enjoy reading but this book caught his interest and held it and he can't wait to get the next one
C
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I skimmed through this book before Mmunch read it. It is ok but Minecraft holds little interest. However Mmunch loved it!
LEOLA L BRITT
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best. Book. Ever

I love it! It's so awesome and funny! I wish I had WiFi so I could download the next book.
Christian
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book from the Moon and Back. Even for being in highschool this was a good book to read for my self reading time. I loved the plot and the different events that happened in this book. I cant wait to read the other books in this series.
Thanks for making such a good book, Stone Marshall!
Garrett Zecker
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
So, full disclosure: this read was meant for me and the little guy. The little guy is a feisty, Minecraft-obsessed six year old who I read to every night. We have made it through hundreds of picture books, and we are working on reading some chapter books. We started Harry Potter, we are a third of the way through the Oz books - we switch things up all the time... And then he saw this little treasure on my Kindle and we just had to read it. At the public library, similar books literally fly off t ...more
Sam Friedman
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Plot: In the true tradition of Minecraft, this book didn’t have much of a plot until about two-thirds of the way in. It was mainly about the main character named Flynn running around a Minecraft-inspired world, fighting giant spiders and zombies as he builds his fortress on Rescue Island, where the majority of the action takes place (here’s the map). Later in the book, he meets Zara, a zombie who has been deprogrammed and exists in the game to help the main character escape the digital world and ...more
Jen Winters
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I utterly rave about this book to everyone I know who plays Minecraft. I adore the story that Stone Marshall has created here. Flynn finds himself suddenly a digital player in a Minecraft world; the story takes you through his days beginning as a new digitized person and how he comes to find his purpose in the game.

The best thing I can say about this book is that it gave my daughter the desire to learn to read. I am a homeschooling parent and I was honestly afraid my daughter would hate reading
Lisa
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I recently got this one as a free Kindle book and thought it would be a perfect book for my 8 year old son. Reluctant readers need something that interests them and this is perfect for him. For now I am reading it to him, but hope to get him to read some to me as well. So far he is loving it!

As far as attracting the attention of a reluctant reader this book was 5 stars. I don't think my son has ever been as excited to get back to a book.He even wants to begin the book again to relive the story,
Rebecca Gatzlaff
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, series
This book is about a boy named Flynn who doesn't remember who he is and how he came into the game (Minecraft) and his adventure on Rescue Island. I didn't like this book. First, it was too short, the characters weren't fleshed out and it wasn't well written. The thing that bothered me the most about this book was how they described the gameplay. I felt like the Stone Marshall was putting children down and he was asumming the reader knew nothing of mindcraft. As I was reading,I was hoping that Fl ...more
Jason Lybbert
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
((talks about some plot, and a small summary(no spoilers)) I really liked this book, because I like Minecraft stuff and I like the characters, and I really enjoy the way it was written and also the story behind everything. If you want a brief summary, this book is about the main character Flynn who wakes up and doesn't know where he is and doesn't recognize the environment around him. He starts to remember things throughout the book and keeps a Log/diary of what happens (hence the name of the bo ...more
Christopher Menatti
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What would happen if you got stuck in a game. How would you survive. The author is Stone Marshall. Flynn's Log: Rescue Island is a book where a boy named Flynn is sucked into Minecraft and dose not remember anything about his physical life. The book was really creative because he was looking for a portal and right at the end of the book he found the portal and had no choice but to go through it. It was also sad because his cat blew up. But he got his cats kitten and tamed it. It is also purposef ...more
Tia
In my kids opinion "Flynn's Log 1: Rescue Island" is awesome! They enjoyed the day to day of what Flynn went through, the adventures he had to deal with, and the scary spiders!

I enjoy watching my kids play Minecraft, but reading about it is not something I liked very much. I felt like this book was a bit mechanical, and maybe because it's about a person who wakes up inside the game so he must think a bit computer like. It's not a scary book and will work for all ages if love Minecraft!
Bram Slaats
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I only found out it was a childrens book after I finished it.
Even so I must say that I enjoyed it. The language is simple enough to follow for the lower grades while the story still has enough mysteries to intrigue older readers.

Even though it was a fairly short story I liked that we had some structure in it without it looking like we just step in and step out of someone else's story.
Obed M. Parlapiano
Nice kids book.

It's a simple and entertaining book aimed for kids, specially if they play minecraft (who doesn't this days? )

Easy to read, and entertaining, for an adult is not that amazing of course.. But for a two hours read is not bad. Again, for a kid I suppose it would be much more fun..

It's interesting overall. Interesting adaptation of the game
Regina Borysenko
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't play Minecraft but my kids do and my daughter loved this book. It was longer than I expected which was a nice surprise. The story was enjoyable for both of us and left my daughter always wanting to hear more.
Trail-Mix Readers: March # 2 12 16 Mar 31, 2015 06:13PM
Interview Author 1 2 Mar 05, 2015 01:43AM

• Revenge on the Fly
  • Invisible Wings
  • Avis Blackthorn: Is Not An Evil Wizard! (Wizard Magic School, #1)
  • Giggleswick: The Amadán Map (Giggleswick, #1)
  • Prince of Alasia
  • Gabriella, The Tale of a Misfit Fairy
  • A Class Apart (Class Heroes, #1)
  • The Bus for Us
  • It's Christmas!
  • Professor Kompressor under cover
  • Animal Friends: Floating Orange Cubes
  • Gemini Moon
  • A New Pet in the Family
  • Thimblerig's Ark
  • The Fourth World (The Legend of the Locust #1)
  • Camping Catastrophe (Ready, Freddy!, #14)
  • Emoji Adventures Volume 1: The Horse Party
  • Mercy Watson: #1-6 [Boxed Set: Adventures of a Porcine Wonder]
STONE MARSHALL likes comics, video games, running, the Ramones, and travel.
Stone reads stories with his son at bedtime. Sometimes, when they finish a book before falling asleep, Stone fills the time by creating great stories starring his son, Nabru. It is a wonderful time to share lessons about life and relationships.
In turn, Nabru becomes involved in the incredible adventures, adding his thoughts

Flynn's Log (3 books)
  • Thorn's Lair (Flynn's Log, #2)
  • The Ultimate Form of Life (Flynn's Log, #3)
“any form, in whole or in part (beyond the copying permitted” 1 likes
“Gasp! My head pops above the surface of the water. I breathe in. But it's weird. I don't breathe air. It's like digital air. My body almost immediately feels better. The pain of not breathing is gone,” 1 likes