Start by marking “The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)

The Secret Seven

(The Secret Seven #1)

Free Delivery if order value from the seller is greater than 399. Used Book in good condition. No missing/ torn pages. No stains. Note: The above used product classification has been solely undertaken by the seller. Amazon shall neither be liable nor responsible for any used product classification undertaken by the seller. A-to-Z Guarantee not applicable on used products.
Published 1977 by Knight (first published March 1st 1949)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Seven, please sign up.
Snehnaz Sheikh Peter , Jack , Janet , George, Pam ,Barbara,Scamper and Colin are the main characters of the Secret Seven.

Kelly-Marie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
5 stars 🌟

Also rant down further as I don’t like reading reviews that bash a book for ridiculous reasons!

These books are so cute, honestly love the little mysteries they solve. Perfect for children as they are short as well and the writing style has a way of making the reader feel included amongst the children.

The fact that people try bashing these books is ridiculous they were written in 1940s for kids and your adults saying the language or style is poor and they are really short books but th
Bill
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-reader
I read this to my second oldest daughter (aged 7), here's her review: Dad helped me to choose it...well, I was the one that thought of it! I liked the title but it wasn't my favourite part! My favourite part of the story is that the Secret Seven was amazing and very important. You will get a HUGE surprise when you find out the full mystery! But thanks to Jack and Peter, Kerry Blue was saved.
Susan
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Secret Seven Series (although Peter and Janet had appeared in an earlier book called “At Seaside Cottage” in 1947 and the formation of the Secret Seven was told in “Secret of the Old Mill” in 1948).

The Secret Seven consists of Peter and his sister Janet, and their friends Jack, Colin, George, Pam and Barbara . Peter and Janet’s spaniel Scamper is an unofficial member of the Seven and helps warn them when Jack’s annoying little sister, Susie, is creeping about spyin
Katey Lovell
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret Seven is the first book in the series. First published in 1949 there are definitely parts of it that seem dated, especially some turns of phrase that are used (particularly by straight laced Janet). However they were probably also outdated in the mid 1980s when I read these books the first time, and I was never aware that they were so old fashioned through my childhood eyes. The same could well be true for children in modern society, infact I would go as far as to assume that it IS tr ...more
Katie.dorny
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I loved it. I always have and always will.
The story consists of 7 children who are friends and live locally - Peter, Janet (siblings), Jack, Barbara, Pam, Colin, George and the family dog Scamper.
Each book takes them on an adventure whilst they solve a mystery.
They are a little dated, but if you love kids books or have children if your family yourself i highly recommend.
James Hartley
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-reading the Secret Seven with my eight year old girl and its amazing how much I can remember more than thirty-five years after originally reading the books. The characters are clear in my mind, as our the original drawings (not sure if they appear in this edition - certainly not the cover) - what really shocked me was how much of the plot I remembered. There are various bits and pieces of text which have been updated and changed, which sometimes works and sometimes doesnt, and the world it de ...more
Tammi Doyle
I read this first installment of Blyton's Secret Seven series to my children, aged 5 and 7, after having read 5 Famous Five books to them previously. I thought it would bore them because the content is tamer, less thrilling. In fact, they appeared to engage more with the Seven than they did with the Five and I guess it's because the Seven are more age appropriate. How disappointing! Half the joy of reading to your children is it legitimately allows you the indulgence of children's literature tha ...more
Nola
While searching for his badge in a snowy field late one night, Jack witnesses a strange van approaching an old house whose only occupant is a deaf and cranky caretaker. Why are two men going to the old house and what is that strange noise coming from inside the van? Is a prisoner being kept in the house against his will? This calls for The Secret Seven to spring into action and solve the case.

This is the first of Enid Blyton's Secret Seven books. Originally published in 1949, it seems quite date
Srividya
Oh what a wonderful adventure! And how lovely it was to take this trip with the Seven :D :D

Childhood memories of curling up with their books come back to me as I read this one. Nostalgia is at its peak right now. I remember how much I loved the idea of having a secret society and creating adventures of my own as a child. Reading this book brought back memories of sitting atop a wall with my friends, talking about adventures and queer happenings in our society while going off to 'investigate'. Of
Nelina Kapetsoni
To be honest, I never made the connection of the badge SS with fascist Germany, probably because I've read the Greek translation of the books (and there it's ME). It does make sense however, and since Blyton wrote so soon after WWII the initials are distasteful. Anyway, for me this series is the weakest of all adventure series written by Blyton. The protagonist, Jack, is actually a bossy, arrogant and sexist male in the disguise of a boy. And unlike Fatty from the Five Find-Outers (another serie ...more
Kirsti
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fine little mystery, the first book in the Secret Seven series. I never really liked this series as much as the Famous Five, because time and time again the girls get left out, or comments are made like it's suprising they could solve mysteries. Even child Kirsti preferred George and her stubborn wish to be 'as good as a boy'. Janet always tries her best, but Peter gets the final word and often makes the girls stay out of things. Annoying.

While looking through my read lists I realized I hadn'
Dev Saxena
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's the first part of secret seven there are 7 childrens i it peter, janet, jack, barbara, pam, colin and george it's a good book for childrens above age of 6
Cruth
Author: Enid Blyton
Illustrator: George Brook
First Published: 1949

I remember, when I first read these, one was either a Famous Five or a Secret Seven fan. I can't remember which side I fell.

Having now read the first of each with my 7yo I find myself in the Secret Seven camp.

First up, they're shorter. (*grin*)

But also I found the adventure better developed, the characters more intelligent, the problem to be solved less selfish, and the adults (they're parents) more approachable.

On the negative, th
Milo Kim
Apr 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really called, I think, The Stupid Seven. I mean, come on!! These guys have peas for brains. I have never heard of kids like this. It's like, "Huh! Here's some tire tracks! I wonder if I should copy them down!" Other person: "No, no, they couldn't be useful at all!"

Beware this book. And especially all the other books that follow it in the series. It may cause serious brain damage. BEWARE!
Eunice
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of her better mystery novels, to be frank. [edit: oh dear god I just realised 'Frank' was a rally bad unintentional pun here on my part.]
And wearing badges with 'SS' on it is a brilliant idea after WWII. Maybe they should also shave their heads and bleach their hair blonde as well.
Francie
Much of my childhood reading involved mass produced children's mysteries -- started with The Secret Seven, graduated on to The Famous Five (also Enid Blyton) and then hit Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew. What a way to spend a childhood!
liam
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favorites.
Richie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An easy to read book. Although I find the "Secret Seven" constant requirement of a password to their "secret meetings" rather silly.
David Sarkies
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that like Blyton mysteries
Recommended to David by: My dad
Shelves: mystery
The first of the Secret Seven books
13 July 2012

Well, there are a few things that I can say about this book: the first being that it seems to be a retelling of an earlier Blyton story, The Mystery of the Secret Room. In many ways it seemed to be the same story with different characters and a slightly different mystery. The reason I say that is because both stories seem to focus around an old abandoned house and in both stories the children go to a real estate agent, where there is a 16 year old
Elizabeth
A pleasant enough story but, compared with The Famous Five novels, it is quite simplistic, presumably aimed at a younger reader. We guessed the plot straight away!
Sarah Lotfy
The secret society of seven children who have their own adventures in a very exciting way that will get you involved with them in every situation. I recommend it. It's for children and about age 17, however, I think that any age can read it..it's so exciting. I thought it was a horror story then I found out that it was a mystery that was solved by the secret seven at the end.
Huzaifa.Jam436
not bad
i liked the suspense created to make the reader tensed which i actually felt
the story settings was great
characters amazing and talented
Ash
Secret seven mysteries aren't as good as Famous Five ones but still they are fun and interesting to read.
Jack Heath
Synopsis: the Secret Seven sleuths are on the trail of some weird clues. It's snowing; they're in disguise and venturing into a spooky house.
Fatma Akyürek Aytekin
Çocukluğuma ait bir macera kitabı daha. Özlemişim
Highness Atharva
The secret seven series
*secret seven *
Well, this is the first book in the big collection of the secret seven defective kits series by Enid Blyton. It had got facing and humorous characters, suspenseful story and simplistic language which makes it a lot of fun to read. Children around 8-12 years of age will devour it. In the beginning I was unsure about starting with Enid Blyton, but now I'm gonna continue and finish off the entries series within a month easily. The beginning is done very well a
Maria
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I just finished reading this book to my kids. I think I enjoyed it more than they did as they found the creepy bad guys a bit scary. Other than that I think it was well-written for their level and look forward to reading more of the series with them.
Joy C.
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun children's mystery by Enid Blyton. 'The Famous Five' is generally more entertaining and captivating series, but while 'The Secret Seven' was more juvenile, the last little bit of the mystery was exciting and fun :)).
Adele
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the adventures these kids got up to. i grew up reading Enid Blyton Books. unfortunately i never ended up getting the whole series. i loved the freedom and the fact these kids predate scooby doo!
Jerry
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Quickie Review

It had some old school charm going for it, but it was too short to be all that involving. Interestingly enough, my copy was from India; it was in English, and I bought it at a library sale, so...who knows?
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's
  • The Magic Porridge Pot (Well-Loved Tales)
  • Trail Mates (Saddle Club, #5)
  • The Four-Headed Dragon (Hardy Boys, #69)
  • More Milly Molly Mandy
  • Piglet in a Playpen (Animal Ark, #9)
  • The Mystery on Cobbett's Island
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)
  • The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)
  • Secret Seven on the Trail (The Secret Seven, #4)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)
  • Secret Seven Fireworks (The Secret Seven, #11)
“knows!’ ‘Funny thing to do at that time of night,” 0 likes