Start by marking “Broken (LOST, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken (LOST, #1)

Broken

(LOST #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,909 ratings  ·  352 reviews
The first novel in New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden's sizzling LOST series introduces the Last Option Search Team, an elite unit that must protect the only surviving victim of a serial killer.

Ex-SEAL and LOST founder Gabe Spencer is accustomed to the unusual in his job. But when knockout Eve Gray steps into his office, he's rattled. For the mysterious woman i
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published March 31st 2015 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

really liked it 4.00  ·

~ Becs ~

I actually don’t read romantic suspense very often anymore.  I used to read it slavishly but then I found I was galloping  through the story to get to the end expecting to see the Bad Guy come after the heroine and our hero ride in like a white knight and rescue her and I was skimming over the story and kind of missing the romance so I only dip my toes back in the suspense pool occasionally and when I do, I want it to be a good one.

I’ve read Cynthia Eden’s Deadly series in the past and I know, a

Alex ♈
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Romantic suspense is my favorite genre.
Cynthia Eden is one of my favorite authors.
Her heroines are always strong and smart.
Writing is amazing, suspense is very intense.

Liked this book a lot. My heart broke for the victims.
There were some unanswered questions at the end, that’s why only 4 stars.

But when I think about other books I rated with 4 stars, I can’t click 4 for this great read.
I just can not.

Click, click, click, click, click = 5 stars 😎
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 'chilling, thrilling, whodunnit' stars!

Broken is the first book in Cynthia Eden's romantic suspense series, LOST. It's a thrilling serial-killer murder mystery with so many twists and turns and probable suspects, readers can't possibly know, until the very end, who the true killer is. I love stories that keep me guessing like this!

Blurb...

Mou
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mou by: Alex ♈
I am IMPRESSED.

When you bumped something which calls "Strong Women" then you will be doomed, it does not matter whoever you are.

I know the killer from the very first but damn the author knows how to mess with your mind. The first book of this author and it won't be the last one. 💕 I am very impressed. 💖

The only complain I have is - the hero-heroine relationship was moving too fast at the beginning of the book. But later it was ok. 😘💓
Alp
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
An exciting, heart-stopping reading experience!

I got so swept up in this book. Obviously, I'm not good at dealing with too much excitement and tension, and this book kept me for the most part on the edge of my seat! My heart would start beating furiously and pounding against my rib cage whenever the Lady Killer appeared. The author did a great job building up tense situations and creating such interesting characters.

I felt like there was too much happening in the story, and it gave me a moment o
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.25 You are Not Broken Stars!

The best thing about Cynthia Eden is that you never get let down when reading one of her works. You know that it will be romantic and suspenseful and definitely hot! You also know that the suspense and the mystery will always be on the side of completely crazy!

Broken starts out fast with the cray-cray and has you holding your breath at the scene of terror presented. Then the mystery starts with a beautiful blonde, Eve, who walks into LOST headquarters looking for so
◊♦ Naomi
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it

Cynthia Eden, a writer after my own heart.

Just saying, I totally knew who it was since the guy first appeared in the book. I rock.
Izy
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cynthia Eden and Romantic suspense fans!
Rating~ 4.25 stars

Copy generously provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Gabe Spencer is the founder of LOST and an ex-Seal. He is a pure Cynthia eden hero, by that I mean he’s possessive, protective and not to mention badass. Gabe and his team find missing people, doesn’t matter how long it has been since they disappeared. Gabe found LOST after the death of his younger sister.

Eve Grey is a woman without a past and an identity. All she remembers is waking up in a hospital an
Jaya
eye sore cover alert!
The story was surprisingly good though...
RJ
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
I thought I was about to read a cute romantic suspense novel about a woman who loses her memory due to a traumatic event and the hunky hero helps her find the bad guy while they're on the run. That's generally the set-up in this genre. While that is pretty much how this book goes I did not expect to get creepy Shutter Island vibes.

There's a serial killer on the loose who is after our heroine and the author had me suspecting literally every male character. I even suspected the hero for a minute!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

What a brilliant start to a new Romantic Suspense series “Broken” is. A roller-coaster ride of thrills with a little sex, a lot of suspense and a surprise as to who the Lady Killer is.

I'm excited for this new series by Cynthia Eden. She had me really guessing throughout the story as to who was committing the murders and why. Just when I really thought that I had it figured out, another twist was thrown in and I again had no clue as to who was
Beth
Broken is a suspense filled thriller that will keep you holding your breath. Que the serial killer music.

Eve woke up in an Atlanta hospital with no memories of her former life but by her injuries she pretty sure she is the only person to escape from a serial killer. Desperate to feel safe again, Eve wants to enlist LOST, a company that solves the impossible missing person cases.

Gabe Spencer is the founder and head of LOST. He never expected a missing person to come knocking on his door, but that
Christa
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Gabe Spencer, a former SEAL, started his company, LOST, after losing his sister to a killer. When Eve Gray wakes up in a hospital with terrible injuries not knowing who she is, she takes on a new name, moves to a shelter when she is released, and goes to Gabe for help in figuring out her identity. Her only clue other than the brutal scars, is a newspaper article featuring the victims of a serial killer, and one of them, Jessica Montgomery, looks just like her. Almost as soon as Gabe agrees to he ...more
Bindi Boo
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Romantic, suspenseful and full on action. I guessed it, but did not see that coming!
Great read if you're looking for an action packed plot with some smut on the side.
Anne OK
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Strong start to Eden's new LOST series. Well-balanced blend of suspense with the romance and two intriguing characters. Very satisfying read.
Leslie
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, 2015-reads
I really enjoyed this!! I kinda guessed early on "who dun it" but the author did a fab job keeping me guessing and changing my mind. Will def be doing more by this author :0)
Denise Bücherwunderland
Vielen Dank an NetGalley und beHeartbeat Bastei Lübbe für die Bereitstellung eines digitalen Rezensionsexemplares.

Ich lese nicht oft Bücher aus dem Genre "Romantic Suspense" bzw. "Romantic Thrill", denn bisher konnten mich nicht viele dieser Geschichten mitreißen. Cynthia Edens Bücher bilden dabei eine Ausnahme, denn bis jetzt hat sie mich noch jedes Mal begeistern können.

Eve ist eine sehr interessante Protagonistin. Sie wacht ohne jegliche Erinnerungen und mit zahlreichen Verletzungen bzw. Nar
Lyndi W.
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
Edited below because I have ADD and forgot something important.

I'm probably giving this an extra star just because the meat of the story was located on Dauphin Island, where I grew up. I've gotten breakfast from the bakery countless times, I've snuck onto the golf course in the middle of the night, and I've camped out on Sand Island and dared my friends to see if the lighthouse really is haunted. It was awesome reading about a killer stalking the island I know so very well and have scenes at pla
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Cynthia Eden's LOST series. A woman wakes up in an Atlanta hospital with no memory and ends up in a homeless shelter. She names herself Eve after the first woman because she doesn't want to be a Jane Doe. Then months later, Eve Gray walks into the offices of LOST with hopes of finding out who she is. She has a newspaper with an article about a serial killer and she bears an uncanny resemblance to one of the possible victims. Gabe Spencer was once a Navy SEAL and started LOST af ...more
D.B. Reynolds
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars Good characters and good plot, but the narrative is oddly disorganized, with frequently inaccurate and just plain bad police/investigative procedure.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read full review plus giveaway on Got Fiction? book blog

As you all know, I’m a huge Cynthia Eden fan. This book is her first book with Avon Books. Avon looks good on her.

Gabe runs LOST, an investigative company that specializes in finding lost persons, dead or alive. Eve needs his help finding someone…herself.

She has no memories from before June 3 where she woke up in a hospital, and yet a newspaper article has a picture of a smiling woman named Jessica Montgomery who could be her twin. Except
Ann Lou
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 "whodunnit stars"

First, thank you to Leonor for bringing this series to my attention. This book is like a whodunnit game. I tried guessing so many times who could be the killer but man, it was such a failure. I suck at it. This really mess with my mind. Don't wanna give too much away. We have Eve/Jessica our h who lost her memory. She saw her picture one day in the newspaper as one of the missing victims of a killer. Went to the LOST office and asked for help rediscovering her identity. Ther
Libby Harrison
A bit too long but an ok romance
Dora Koutsoukou
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 💖💖💖🌟🌟🌟s❣ ...more
Cindy ~
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Creepy prologue had me excited for the rest of the book. Strong cast of characters make up this first in a new series where the main hero doesn’t even bother trying to hide he is king alpha right from the start.

The premise of this new series is LOST – an agency that made up of all kinds of people from an exSeal, to ex-police officers to a psychiatrist. One day a woman walks in with a strange request.. She wants them to find out who she is. After the prologue we the reader know she the only surv
Reen
Worst narration of an audio book I have ever listened to. It seemed like she was talking through gritted teeth whenever she was voicing Gabe and since he was one of the main characters, that was a lot. The story itself was great: suspenseful, entertaining and kept up a good pace. Characters were likable and the bad guys not so much, just the way it should be. If you are a fan of Eden, read the book instead of listening to this version. I suspect I would have given 4 stars if I had read the book.
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I needed to get out of my book funk for a while now, and I often look into different types of romance books to help me -- so that's what this was. A sweet friend recommended this author :). While I did enjoy Ms. Eden's storytelling skills, I think I've convinced myself that romantic suspense is just not my favorite. Don't get me wrong -- I felt the need to finish the book in order to find out who the killer was and why they did what they did, BUT the romance aspects fell
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
4.5 Wine Glasses
Broken, the start to Cynthia Eden's newest romantic suspense series, is an addictive ride that I never wanted to get off of!

LOST; an organization founded by ex-SEAL, Gabe Spencer, to find those that the authorities have given up on. Dead or alive. Gabe has never been asked by the Lost to find themselves though. Until Eve Gray walks through his door.
Awakening in the hospital without memory, her body riddled with scars and her sleep filled with nightmares, Eve is determined to fin
URGENT!! PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT THE NAME OF THIS BOOK/AUTHOR!!!!! 1 21 Jul 24, 2015 12:59PM
  • Sweetest Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #3)
  • Exit Strategy (EXIT Inc., #1)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • Password to Her Heart (The American Soldier Collection, #9)
  • Raphael (Secrets and Sins, #3)
  • Desolation (Earth Evolution, #1)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Playing Dirty (Bad Boys Undercover, #1)
  • Her Survivor (Black Eagle Ops, #1)
  • Silent Night
  • Hidden Prey (Deadly Intent, #1)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Running On Empty (LCR Elite, #1)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love