Start by marking “Jack the Boogey Is My Real Name” as Want to Read:
Jack the Boogey Is My Real Name

Read Excerpt

Jack the Boogey Is My Real Name

This delightful children's picture book will not only enhance the night time reading experience but bedtime in itself will never be the same. Jack The Boogey encourages kids to push through their fears, persevere and always do the right thing. One of the world's most feared creatures may have just become the most loved.
Hardcover, First, 32 pages
Published June 2014 by Bedford House Books

To ask other readers questions about Jack the Boogey Is My Real Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jack the Boogey Is My Real Name

Katie Harder-schauer
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do you remember when alternate fairy tales were like the big thing? You may have even been required to write one yourself at some point in school (I was). This story is a lot like those alternate fairy tales from the "bad guys" perspective. Turns out the Boogeyman is just a nice guy with a bad rap.

This was a cute little story about how a nice monster named Jack the Boogey became the Boogeyman, and what he's really doing when you see him under your bed or in your closet. Being the parent of a fiv
La Toya
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The illustrations were such a big pull for me. It almost felt like watching a tv show in the sense that you are brought into the world of Jack the Boogey instead of trying to imagine the scariest non-monster possible. I do think that this is a great read for Young Readers because of the conflict and resolution. I enjoyed that Jack showed vulnerability (being upset over the children's misunderstanding that he was actually a helpful GOOD monster) and that it was OK to show emoti ...more
〤β●●kW●rm✦βetty⇨β●●k╚●ver-ಠ_ಠ
So, I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Jack the Boogey Is My Real Name .

I shared the reading with my 5 year old daughter, and have to say she LOVED it! We have read this book 2 nights in a row. Am unsure if other parents find the same as me, but my kids always seem to more inclined to believe things they read in books, rather than some things they are told (from me included)!!

What a novel way to stop children worrying about "boogeyman" and "monsters". If i could rate more stars for this book
Sally
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads-ebooks
I was given a free copy of this book in PDF format in exchange for an honest review and rating. The kids i have been babysitting in the weekend absolutely loved this book. The drawings are great at involving the kids and the easy to understand story keeps their attention. A big hit with the kids and i must admit i kind of liked it too, very cute with a nice story line. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read this book. Highly Recommended.
Ashley Howland
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ever wondered who the Boogeyman is?
Is the Boogeyman the monster who scares children in their sleep or is it just a case of mistaken identity. Join Jack the Boogey as he tells his side of the story.
Children will like Jack the Boogey, they like to hear things from different sides. This a cute book that will be enjoyed by girls and boys. The pictures are bright and interesting and the story line is cute.
Brittany
I won this book for free from the Goodread's First Reads giveaway.

This is a very cute children's book about the history of the "Boogey man". I really liked the owner's idea behind this book. I would say it is more aimed for ages 5 and up. The drawings and creativity is for sure a 5/5, but I rated 4/5 just because some pages had a little to much writing and plot for a child to follow.

Overall, I strongly recommend for children!!!
Malinda
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a super cute book about the Boogeyman! It was a good book to let children know that, even though they may think there is a Boogeyman, that he is there to scare away the really bad monsters.
Incredible colors and cute drawings. Very kid-friendly book and very appealing to his target audience.

"This will really help little kids who are afraid of the dark," my 8 year old daughter.

Thanks to Davon for sending me an ARC here on Goodreads!!
Cheryl Moulton
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My grandsons are 2 & 4 and when I read this to them, they were fascinated, excellent book which educates without the children even knowing :-) and great entertainment
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the "true story" of Jack the Boogey, or as most of us know him, the Boogeyman.

Authors Davon and Chase Washington have done an excellent job in presenting Jack's case as being a "good monster" and as someone who "protects and serves all children." It is his job to chase away all of the really scary monsters so that kids can get a good night's sleep. However, one night, he almost fails at his job. The really scary monsters have conspired against him, but in the end, "good" prevails, in thi
LAWonder10
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is very creative and amusing Picture Book by Davon & Chase Washington. The illustrations are colorfully, cleverly done by Ana-Gabriela Siroe.

The storyline is very clever but I am not certain it will help children overcome their nighttime fears.

It still maintains credibility. The Book is a very good quality hardback.

This book is given my Review of a Four Stars rating.
Linda
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received Jach the Boogey through Goodreads Giveaway. I really enjoyed reading this book! I know my Grandson will enjoy it as much as myself! I would like to thank Davon Washington for allowing me the chance to review this book.
Crystal M
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute little book that I won from First Reads. I think the message in the story is a good one for little children that you should never judge something by its appearance.
Davon Washington
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the best book I've ever read written! There should be a ten star option for this FINE piece of literature.
Bonnie
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book. I know my granddaughter will love it!!!!
ApuciKislanya
Jamie Harris
Janet Gutierrez
Pam
FREE MONSTER REPELLENT STICKER - DETAILS 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 08:35AM
Children's Books: Jack the Boogey is My real Name - JUNE 2014 1 13 May 09, 2014 08:32PM
  • Flight of the Mite
  • Good-Bye, Baby Max
  • Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart
  • Maisy and the Missing Mice (The Maisy Files #1)
  • A Different Kind of Safari
  • Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor
  • Luna and Floyd Visit Their Grandparents: An Interactive Book
  • Sundown, Sunrise
  • "Am I a Chameleon?"
  • True Colors (Landry's True Colors #1)
  • The Stone (Chronicles of Quat, #1)
  • Darling the Curly Tailed Raindoe  (Darling the Curly Tailed Reindoe #1)
  • Investigating the Natural World of Chemistry with Kids: Experiments, Writing, and Drawing Activities for Learning Science
  • The Age of Akra
I am a entertainment executive who was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. I have made a career out of helping people bring their artistic dreams to fruition. The same people who more often than not do very little to enhance the tender minds of the culture that supports them. Creative thinking isn't a skill that you learn as an adult. It starts with that same imagination that we let run wild a ...more