Start by marking “Balance (Off Balance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Balance (Off Balance, #1)

Balance (Off Balance #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  915 Ratings  ·  309 Reviews
Adrianna Rossi is no stranger to the rigorous demands required of her body. Years of pain and determination make her one of the best. Olympic glory is the ultimate goal, and she'll do anything to achieve it. Even if that means leaving home to attend World Cup Academy of Gymnastics, a training center that serves one purpose—producing champions.

Perfection, precision, and de
Published August 29th 2016 (first published August 28th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Balance, please sign up.
Lucia Franco Hey! Balance will be out Summer 2016 for sure. I haven't announced a date yet, but it will most likely be before the Olympics begin. :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★★! Balance, book 1 of 4. An aspiring gymnast & world-renowned older coach are caught in a dangerous game of forbidden lust & reckless seduction!

“I watched his control waver, and secretly for a selfish moment, I hoped it snapped.”

Books in Off Balance series should be read in order:
Book 1: Balance
Book 2: Execution
Book 3: Release
Book 4: Dismount

“I was sixteen.
He was thirty-two.
There were many laws we would break if we took another step.”

Balance (book 1) opens up to heiress
Snow
Nov 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
What the fuck is this?!

First of all, when i read the blurb, I have to admit i was intrigued cause honestly I am a sucker for a SPORT romance and it was like an immediate pull, I also saw some high reviews, and even though I NEVER read the reviews before I make a decision to read the book myself, now I regret not doing so.
1. I have no problem with the big age gap between the characters (it's not my fav, but I don't mind it)
2. I have no problem with taboo/forbidden subjects (God knows, I have read
Dilek VT
Girl 15 - guy 32... She is half his age, for God's sake, no even younger than that! And not an adult yet...

Nope, no way I am reading this. Thanks a lot to all the reviewers who warned us about it.

Besides, he is told to have a girlfriend that he cheats on with the heroine. Ha ha, adding insult to the injury!!!!
Angie
**My review contains major SPOILERS!**

Reasons I did not like this book:

1. If there is going to be a relationship between a 15/16 year old and a 32 year old then the author needs to make us believe they are soulmates. I didn't feel the connection between Adrianna and Kova. What was it about her that made him want to risk everything? It was just lust and Kova should have resisted. Plus, he had a girlfriend that he never broke up with.

2. Kova was an a-hole. He was hot and cold. When he was hot he w
K. Webster
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I'm a huge taboo romance lover and this book did not disappoint. The writing was on point, the characters were really fleshed out, and the execution was spectacular. It was the perfect balance....a solid ten from this judge! If you love age gaps and taboo, you'll love this book. This was my first read by this author and I can't wait to read more!!
Jacqueline
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm going straight to hell for reading that.

She's 15/16, he's 32 and her gym coach.

It was intense and it made my head spin. She's a child by law, yet she's living away from her parents in her own apartment. Does that make it ok? Hmmm. In this, you can make excuses for him, but if she were my daughter I'd be removing his bollocks with an axe. Fortunately for our Russian former Olympic gymnast coach, this is fiction.

I've struggled to put this one down today, it's compelling and raw, hot as fuck a
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5

OOoo what a messy ride that was.

If I lay this out in bullet points ...

- 1 massive unlikable manipulative arsehole hero

- 1 naive virgin heroine

- cheating (to the extent that he taunts her about his girlfriend while they're banging)

... and I should have been having a rant about how much I disliked this. BUT, I went in knowing all those things and ended up enjoying this. The author did a great job with the chemistry between the pair. One minute they want to fuck each other silly and the next kil
Danielle

4 Now I need to go take a cold shower Stars

Well, that was surprisingly good.

I like my romance novels to have one or two sex scenes. More than that, and I skim them. I think I read like only %30 of Fifty Shades of Grey for that very reason. Now, in this book, there are quite a few hot and heavy scenes and I read them all. They were also very long and drawn-out and I read them like I was fourteen years old or something. Somehow the tension was kept throughout the entire book and I had to read eve
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I have very mixed feelings about this story. I knew what the gist of the plot was and that something was going to happen that might make me feel a bit uncomfortable. To be honest at times I had to stop and say WTF?! However, I had no idea that I would be robbed of an entire 24 hours because I could not look away! Once I started reading this I had to finish it.

That is a big part of the reason why I gave this story 4 stars. And the other is because this author had the balls to take a risk writing
Lucia Franco
May 12, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Releasing August 29th!

Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 5/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 5/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pace Steady | Action 3/5
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LIVE: http://amzn.to/2c3ghzH

5 “I’m high on Kova” Stars.

I started Balance expecting just another hot book about a Gymnast coach and his student. What I got was a deliciously “romance” thrill-ride that didn't let me breathe until the very end.

This book was a challenge for me. It went against two topics I believe in. But Lucia’s exceptional writing, plus her mind blowing knowledge about gymnastics, made me forget about it most of the time.

To say I didn't hesitate to keep reading the moment I real
Miss Rail
This is my first Lucia Franco's book and it will probably not be the last because I enjoyed her writing.
Unfortunately I had BIG issues with the characters.
My main problem with them was not the age gap or Arianna being only 16.
I had trouble with their relashionship because
I didn't feel a strong connection between Arianna and Kova.
I actually truly despised Kova for giving in to the lust he feels for her.
He's supposed to be her mentor and lust isn’t a good enough reason to seduce his 16 years old
Three Chicks
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars
Review by Jennifer Skewes

5 stars

I am not even sure where to start. I finished this book a few days ago and my mind is still stuck on this book. For the most part I went into this book blind. I knew it was a taboo romance, which I love but this book is so much more than a gymnast falling for her coach. This is the epitome of taboo romances. It will completely test your morals. It will make you see things like you never thought your would see them. This story may not be for some b
Alexis
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a story that is so taboo that you feel a bit conflicted? I mean, I am a huge sucker for these romances…like they are my book crack. So, while reading Balance, I kept saying to myself I really shouldn’t be enjoying this. But damnit, I couldn’t help it!

Adrianna is fifteen year old (in the story she does eventually turn sixteen) gymnast who is trying to achieve her goals to join the Olympics. She has a few things going against her, mainly her age and the fact that she is lacking
Imani (Enamored Reads)
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "Yes, Malysh" stars!

I'm almost certain most readers will go into this book thinking it's just another great forbidden romance just like the rest of them out there. Get rid of that thought now. Because I thought the same thing...
This is THE forbidden romance novel of the year.

Adrianna is a 15 year old just chasing her Olympic Dream like everyone else. She's the type of person who will move mountains, such as moving away from everyone and everything she's ever known, to get to her ultimate goal.
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
I don't even know where to start with this. What a doozy of a book. I was ready to DNF at the halfway point, I was just done. I continued my hate-read to see how the train wreck ended. Little did I know it's part of a series......I don't think a book has pissed me off this bad in a while.

So yay for ranty incoming review.

Again, I feel like I need a header here to say I am not against forbidden romances. Emphasis on the ROMANCE because I searched this whole damn book and found zero. If you're go
Kristin DeVille
As Kova would say... "Let us talk about this fucking amaze balls, fantastic book, BALANCE by Lucia Franco" (Okay, maybe he wouldn't say that).

I think this book has given me the biggest book hangover known to man. Seriously. It's everything that I want in a smutty, forbidden read... bad decisions, hot and limber guys and steamy, hot sex scenes. I finished this book within a day and a half (which is super quick for me because I am a slow reader). I just could not put it down. I forgot to eat, slee
Miss H
Warning: spoilers aplenty.

Let me preface this by saying that I do not shy away from taboo subjects, nor am I bothered by May-December relationships. Generally speaking, that is.

Student-teacher romance tropes, and all its variations, are ubiquitous, and I fully admit to being a sucker for such a story line. So long as the individuals involved are capable of consenting—legally, by state law. In addition to that, the author has to show me, the reader, that the characters truly belong together. Tha
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Balance (Off Balance #1) by Lucia Franco
4.5 stars!!!

“Desire can be deadly. Temptation can be toxic…”

I love gymnastics and having just had my fill with the Olympics when I saw this book it was an auto 1click. What could be more tantalising than a taboo, forbidden romance between Coach and gymnast. Just the synopsis alone had me salivating and even though this is a long book in comparison to most it was so addictive I still read it in one day. This is the first book in a series and the story o
Ann
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS!!! This book was not only one of my favorite books I've read this year but a new all time favorite!!! I literally could not put this book down. I was addicted and obsessed. This is forbidden romance at its finest. I love forbidden love and this might be my favorite taboo/forbidden romance of all time! It completely consumed me and now I'm missing it and I cannot wait for the second book.
This was one of the most sensual, erotic and sexiest books I've ever read and I've read quite a
Cristina | CristiinaReads
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-books
➳The last gymnastics book I read was by R.S. Grey and I detested that book...and now this one is added to the list...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Edited 11/15/16
I've decided that this might be one of my favorite books of the year. I've reread passages numerous times and can't get these characters out of my head. As much as Kova frustrated me, I really loved this book.

photo BA255723-16D9-4C15-82EA-4DBAB350B56A.jpg

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

I don't know how to rate this.
Forbidden factor - yep, coach/athlete
Age gap - it's a big one
Hotness - holy hell
Taboo - she's 15, he's 32

Mother. Fucking. Cliffhanger.

Seriously?! This was a long book and the story isn't over?! The age gap was ok, but the
Shyralf
5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Malysh Stars! Damn, damn, damn! I fucking loved it! If you don’t like age gaps and forbidden books STOP right now, otherwise get busy and get to reading all about this sexy ass Russian. Another one for the books! The 5 star books that is. OMG, this was so forbidden, her gymnastics coach. Salacious! The author did such a good job with the age gap. It was insanely addictive, I could not put this down, it was like crack. I love that it was a long book, don’t love that I had to wait almost 2 ...more
Quirky Omega
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, run-away
She 16 he's 32. He's her coach.
And they have sex.

As if that's not enough, these two are not above threatening each other with career ruining or rape charges. Yes, perfect romance. Gah. Somebody's gettting slapped here, stat.
Paperback Princess
** Contains some spoilers **

Good god where to start with this book..sigh!! I guess I'll start with ive been wanting to read this book for sometime now and many people have been raving about it so I dropped everything to read it. Forbidden romance, age gaps I'm all for it but this one was just too drastic for me and it kind of killed the whole book.

I realize that everyone has different tastes and opinions but Christ almighty the ones that gave this book a 5 Star review need their heads examined
We like it big book blog

I’m definitely in the minority here…

I absolutely love teacher students books (in this case… Coach/ student). It’s one of my weakness.
I love the sneaking around… the longing, and the forbiddeness of the whole situation. And I love how hard they have to fight to be together.

I really don’t know where to start with this book. I’m just sitting here just thinking about how everything played out.
I’m really shocked and surprised to be honest.
This book is not your typical love story. That’s for
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Oh wow! I couldn't put this book down!!!!
It was completely addictive! It made me have all these feelings!
I'm in love with Kova, even when he is being a mean a-hole!!!
For me, it's a sign of damn good book when a character can make you love and hate him/her. Because I started it loving the heroine, but at the end I was questioning myself about her too! I can't say much, but I LOVED IT!
At some points I was even bothered because it was WRONG, WRONG WRONG! Some scenes more than others, but I also wan
Micalea Smeltzer
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book. THIS BOOK. I honestly don't even know how to describe my feelings since they're all over the place. First, let me start with the obvious. I loved it. I thought Lucia handled the subject matter perfectly. I loved the intensity in this book. I'm all about characters chemistry with each other and let me tell you--Adrianna and Kova had some of the best chemistry EVER. Some people seem to be upset with how Kova acted in the end of the novel, but I don't understand that reaction. Yeah, he w ...more
  • Disturbing Behaviour
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Maximus
  • Used
  • Anchor (First to Fight #1)
  • More Than Distance (Chasing The Dream, #5)
  • The Invisible Lie
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Balancing Pointe (CageVec Security, #2)
  • Everything Under The Sun
  • When It's Real
  • Beauty Hurts (Beautiful, #0.5)
  • Bedmates (American Royalty, #1)
  • The Impossible Vastness of Us
  • Always Beautiful
  • Lovers Like Us (Like Us, #2)
  • Lucky Me
A competitive athlete for over ten years, Lucia Franco currently resides in sunny South Florida with her husband and two boys. Paranormal romance was her first love, but she has a soft spot in her heart for small-town and reunion romance stories.

When Lucia is not hard at work on her next novel, you can find her relaxing with her toes in the sand at a nearby beach.

Find out more about Lucia at autho
More about Lucia Franco

Off Balance (4 books)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #4)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I wanted to be the one who eased the pain for him, to give him what he wanted. The sad reality of the story was I would never be that girl. And he would never be that man.” 3 likes
“We will both be our ruin if we do not stop while we are ahead.” 2 likes