Start by marking “Balance (Off Balance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Balance (Off Balance, #1)

Balance

(Off Balance #1)

Adrianna Rossi is no stranger to the rigorous demands required of her body. Years of pain and determination make her one of the best. Olympic glory is the ultimate goal, and she'll do anything to achieve it. Even if that means leaving home to attend World Cup Academy of Gymnastics, a training center that serves one purpose—producing champions.

Perfection, precision, and de
Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 610 pages
Published April 1st 2019 (first published August 28th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Balance, please sign up.
Lucia Franco Hey! Balance will be out Summer 2016 for sure. I haven't announced a date yet, but it will most likely be before the Olympics begin. :)

Start your review of Balance (Off Balance, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
Purchase: | MOBI | EPUB |

★★★★★! Balance, book 1 of 5. An aspiring gymnast & world-renowned older coach are caught in a dangerous game of forbidden lust & reckless seduction!

“I watched his control waver, and secretly for a selfish moment, I hoped it snapped.”

Books in Off Balance series should be read in order:
Book 1: Balance
Book 2: Execution
Book 3: Release
Book 4: Twist
Book 5: Dismount

“I was sixteen.
He was thirty-two.
There were many laws we would break if w
Snow
Nov 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
What the fuck is this?!

First of all, when i read the blurb, I have to admit i was intrigued cause honestly I am a sucker for a SPORT romance and it was like an immediate pull, I also saw some high reviews, and even though I NEVER read the reviews before I make a decision to read the book myself, now I regret not doing so.
1. I have no problem with the big age gap between the characters (it's not my fav, but I don't mind it)
2. I have no problem with taboo/forbidden subjects (God knows, I have read
Bibi
Nov 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Look, if it's good enough for Emmanuel Macron then who am I to say, paedophile. But just so we're clear, in Florida, there's nothing like underage consensual sex between a 15 yo girl and a 32 yo man (or vice versa); rather, it's called statutory rape.
Miss H
Warning: spoilers aplenty.

Let me preface this by saying that I do not shy away from taboo subjects, nor am I bothered by May-December relationships. Generally speaking, that is.

Student-teacher romance tropes, and all its variations, are ubiquitous, and I fully admit to being a sucker for such a story-line. So long as the individuals involved are capable of consenting—legally, by state law. In addition to that, the author has to show me, the reader, that the characters truly belong together. Tha
Mischenko
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
After a very involved conversation with a good friend over this book, I had to read it to see for myself what all the fuss was about.

After reading All the Ugly and Wonderful Things, I was challenged with similar content as far as underage sex, but it was something I could overlook based on the 13-year-old's character and how she was raised. In this book we have Adrianna, a 15-year-old who is fairly mature for her age. She's practically emancipated from her parents because they're never around a
Dilek VT
Girl 15 - guy 32... She is half his age, for God's sake, no even younger than that! And not an adult yet...

Nope, no way I am reading this. Thanks a lot to all the reviewers who warned us about it.

Besides, he is told to have a girlfriend that he cheats on with the heroine. Ha ha, adding insult to the injury!!!!

For more information, here you are:

Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Update: I loved it! 😍 I'm buying book 2 now!
It definitely won't be for everyone, but I devoured it. I feel a binge coming on!

When I first started reading romance, I wouldn't have read this book. If you know me now, you may be shocked by that, because it didn't take long for me to get into taboo. 😂 It's one of my favorite subgenres now. The point is, even when I didn't want to read it, I would NEVER EVER think it was okay to have this book banned. What I'm seeing happen to this author right
K. Webster
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I'm a huge taboo romance lover and this book did not disappoint. The writing was on point, the characters were really fleshed out, and the execution was spectacular. It was the perfect balance....a solid ten from this judge! If you love age gaps and taboo, you'll love this book. This was my first read by this author and I can't wait to read more!!
Angie
**My review contains major SPOILERS!**

Reasons I did not like this book:

1. If there is going to be a relationship between a 15/16 year old and a 32 year old then the author needs to make us believe they are soulmates. I didn't feel the connection between Adrianna and Kova. What was it about her that made him want to risk everything? It was just lust and Kova should have resisted. Plus, he had a girlfriend that he never broke up with.

2. Kova was an a-hole. He was hot and cold. When he was hot he w
Jessica
Apr 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
I decided to give this a try, but the age of the heroine was just making me so uncomfortable, especially with what the hero says about her (he even calls her “little girl” at one point...). She is very immature and didn’t seem to take his coaching seriously, even though she begged her parents to let her train for the Olympics. Yet we were supposed to this she was “so mature” for her age? I made it to page 400 when we got a consensual scene that turned non-consensual real fast and that was a no f ...more
DarienMoya
Dec 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Y’all got me fucked up!!

You know me I read all the things, I get down and I’ll get dirty. THIS BOOK IS NOT IT!! This is not a romance book, this book is fucking illegal in Canada and shouldn’t be sold on any Canadian platform. I read the contents of this book and it’s fucking vile. Black authors get dragged through the mud for using AAVE and this book gets praised 😤

No one is stopping anyone from reading what they want, but what you not finna do is call it romance when romance get shit on all the
Grey
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*giggle* Ok, so this book was chosen by one of my book club members for me, as the Pick-for-Me challenge for July 2018. It was a little comical as she politely inquired whether I was up for it... picture these scenes if you will because this is sort of how I imagine it went down... and then the following really did...

Friend (I pictured her in this flowery house dress making dinner as she texted this into her phone): Um, Grey... do you have... uh, have any sort of ... um... limits? triggers.. tha
Miss Rail
Personal Review at hearts-of.mine.com

Adrianna Rossi is a 16 years old gymnast and she's pushed herself hard all her life to make her olimpic dream come true.

The World Cup Academy of Gymnastics is the biggest chance she has to achieve her goals.

Konstantin Kournakova aka "Kova" is a 32 years old two-time Olympian, a successful business owner, one of the best Gymnastic Coaches there is and he isn't exactly happy with the new athlete joining his program.

It'll take a lot of work to make her a better gymnast and the way he's attracte
Claire Louise¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
I don't even know where to start with this. What a doozy of a book. I was ready to DNF at the halfway point, I was just done. I continued my hate-read to see how the train wreck ended. Little did I know it's part of a series......I don't think a book has pissed me off this bad in a while.

So yay for ranty incoming review.

Again, I feel like I need a header here to say I am not against forbidden romances. Emphasis on the ROMANCE because I searched this whole damn book and found zero. If you're go
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
I have very mixed feelings about this story. I knew what the gist of the plot was and that something was going to happen that might make me feel a bit uncomfortable. To be honest at times I had to stop and say WTF?! However, I had no idea that I would be robbed of an entire 24 hours because I could not look away! Once I started reading this I had to finish it.

That is a big part of the reason why I gave this story 3 stars. And the other is because this author had the balls to take a risk writing
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LIVE: http://amzn.to/2c3ghzH

5 “I’m high on Kova” Stars.

I started Balance expecting just another hot book about a Gymnast coach and his student. What I got was a deliciously “romance” thrill-ride that didn't let me breathe until the very end.

This book was a challenge for me. It went against two topics I believe in. But Lucia’s exceptional writing, plus her mind blowing knowledge about gymnastics, made me forget about it most of the time.

To say I didn't hesitate to keep reading the moment I re
Wendy
With all the controversy surrounding this book...there was no way I wasn't going to give this one a try. First of all, because I am of the opinion that I myself decide what I want to read and no one else gets a say... and secondly because I am very curious by nature :P

curioser and curiouser gif - Google Zoeken

I used to be a gymnast myself in my much younger years...and I actually trained a whole lot. Back then a slap on the ass by my coach was just the way things were. I have no idea how things are now, but I am pretty sure there is no
Jacqueline
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm going straight to hell for reading that.

She's 15/16, he's 32 and her gym coach.

It was intense and it made my head spin. She's a child by law, yet she's living away from her parents in her own apartment. Does that make it ok? Hmmm. In this, you can make excuses for him, but if she were my daughter I'd be removing his bollocks with an axe. Fortunately for our Russian former Olympic gymnast coach, this is fiction.

I've struggled to put this one down today, it's compelling and raw, hot as fuck a
Rejane
This is a wonderful review. Just reading it made me feel disgusted. And the author’s warning: PATHETIC. Statutory rape much?
I think this small “excerpt” has something to do about this book. Isn’t the adult here ( the 32 year old man) in a position of power of the young 15 years old?🤔🤔

“Another rationale comes from the fact that minors are generally economically, socially, and legally unequal to adults. By making it illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor, statutory rape laws aim to give the
Jan
*** 3.5 Stars ***

My closest friends all know I can't resist a controversial book, let alone a taboo! I love my stories to be angsty, gritty, dirty, dark, sinful and sometimes wild and wrong.

It's the reason I hardly send friend requests. I don't want to make users uncomfortable with my wicked taste. Therefore, when I get a friend request, I wonder if the person has read my profile before pressing that send button because, I state there very clear what I like reading the most, bluntly, shameless
Quirky Omega
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, run-away
She 16 he's 32. He's her coach.
And they have sex.

As if that's not enough, these two are not above threatening each other with career ruining or rape charges. Yes, perfect romance. Gah. Somebody's gettting slapped here, stat.
London
Aug 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hell-fucking-no
THIS BOOK IS ABOUT STATUTORY RAPE! THE HERO IS 32 AND THE HEROINE IS A 15 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL.

This book is filth. You sick perverted author. Who the hell writes about child rape and tries to pass it off as romance? A pervert. This is disgusting and the fact that the author consistently makes the heroine come off as the one that’s in the wrong for “tempting” the hero? Sick.

Did you not read anything in the news about that perverted child molester doctor for the girls gymnastics team in Michigan?
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5

OOoo what a messy ride that was.

If I lay this out in bullet points ...

- 1 massive unlikable manipulative arsehole hero

- 1 naive virgin heroine

- cheating (to the extent that he taunts her about his girlfriend while they're banging)

... and I should have been having a rant about how much I disliked this. BUT, I went in knowing all those things and ended up enjoying this. The author did a great job with the chemistry between the pair. One minute they want to fuck each other silly and the next kil
Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 5/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 5/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pace Steady | Action 3/5
Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "Yes, Malysh" stars!

I'm almost certain most readers will go into this book thinking it's just another great forbidden romance just like the rest of them out there. Get rid of that thought now. Because I thought the same thing...
This is THE forbidden romance novel of the year.

Adrianna is a 15 year old just chasing her Olympic Dream like everyone else. She's the type of person who will move mountains, such as moving away from everyone and everything she's ever known, to get to her ultimate goal.
Lucia Franco
May 12, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Releasing August 29th!

Vintage
What is wrong with people?

Yes, I am going to be judgey and bitchy because child abuse and rape are not really romantic no matter how deep, dark and complicated the story.

Does the guy below look familiar? If the hero were a sniveling bastard like Nassar would readers be so enthralled?

Funda Demir
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as nope
H- 32// h- 15

Wtf are authors thinking? Why is this published? I feel like certain publishers should be under more scrutiny.
Carla Bulian
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I can’t stop reading.
So forbidden and so good.
Three Chicks
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars
Review by Jennifer Skewes

5 stars

I am not even sure where to start. I finished this book a few days ago and my mind is still stuck on this book. For the most part I went into this book blind. I knew it was a taboo romance, which I love but this book is so much more than a gymnast falling for her coach. This is the epitome of taboo romances. It will completely test your morals. It will make you see things like you never thought your would see them. This story may not be for some b

• The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Unconditional
  • Dreams of 18
  • The Truth about Heartbreak
  • Credence
  • Medicine Man
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • The Unrequited
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • The Truth about Us
  • The Wild (The Wild, #1)
  • Burnout
  • California Dreamin'
  • Coach Me
  • The Fall of Troy (The Odyssey Duet, #1)
A competitive athlete for over ten years, Lucia Franco currently resides in sunny South Florida with her husband and two boys. Paranormal romance was her first love, but she has a soft spot in her heart for small-town and reunion romance stories.

When Lucia is not hard at work on her next novel, you can find her relaxing with her toes in the sand at a nearby beach.

Find out more about Lucia at autho

Off Balance (5 books)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Twist (Off Balance, #4)
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #5)

News & Interviews

“He was sin, a man wild with lust, and I loved that I was the reason for it.” 6 likes
“I wanted to be the one who eased the pain for him, to give him what he wanted. The sad reality of the story was I would never be that girl. And he would never be that man.” 6 likes