Start by marking “Maybe” as Want to Read:
Maybe

Maybe

Letting go is hard. Admitting you need each other is harder.

Emily Portman loves her job. A writer for Breakout! Magazine, she shadows and showcases up-and-coming bands. When her next assignment takes her to Austin, Texas, she can’t wait to add the city to her map of places she’s visited. Places she’s left without looking back. Her plan is to keep moving on, and the last th
Published February 12th 2015 by The Writer's Coffee Shop

To ask other readers questions about Maybe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe

Lola
description

This story was actually cute – sweet even – but nothing that I haven’t read, seen, heard of or imagined before. There's an (almost) insta-hate (perhaps ‘annoyance’ would fit better) between Emily, the journalist, and Tyler, the band artist, whom met in a common place and found their paths being crossed together by an interview Emily had to do. Emily didn’t know that the Tyler she had the pleasure to talk to was the Tyler. Maybe insulting him, intentionally or not, wasn’t that of a bright move?

I
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
2.75 ~ 3 Stars
description

”The body knows when music means something. When it’s pure and worthy.”

I must have read way too many rock star books because this felt very unoriginal to me. The premise of the story is of our pretty talent scout/journalist who falls hard for the tormented hot musician. In this book, the characters names are Emily Portman and Tyler Mace.

In 2009 this story may have been something fresh and original, in 2014 it's just another story following a popular trend. Perhaps if I would hav
Michelle
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
“I just wrote the prettiest song being inside of you. I don’t regret it for a second.”

Emily has a pretty amazing job. Arriving in Austin to watch a local band perform, write their story and hopefully watch their rise to fame is just the starting point. The former ballerina turned music expert isn’t one to fall prey to the lifestyle of rock n’ roll. She’s not a groupie that is going to go weak in the knees for the rock star, she’s professional and a little cold and cynical.

Moving into the apar
Brandi
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
"It's always for you."

Emily Portman loves her job. As a writer for a magazine she is constantly traveling and gets to scout new musical talent. Her latest assignment has her heading to Austin, where she meets Tyler Macy.

description

Tyler has felt uninspired after going through a difficult relationship. He has stepped out of the spotlight, despite his immense talent.

I can't get the notes out. They're stuck. I try my hardest, but nothing happens, even when my fingers bleed and the calluses have calluses.
Dee Montoya
****4 Love & Lyrics Stars****

(Arc Kindly provided by publisher via Netgalley)

photo 2be35ff3-28bf-45ed-8e60-617694dd9de7_zps1630ac84.jpg

When I learned that Amber L. Johnson, the writer of Puddle Jumping, one of my top favorite books ever, was writing another novel , my heart almost jumped out of my body with glee and anticipation. This author has a real talent for crafting romantic stories that feel so real and are completely heart melting and Maybe was simply incredible. This book was completely different from her last , I loved that she showed us
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
Dnf @ 40%

Not what I expected from the author of Puddle Jumping! I kept wondering is it the same author who created the magic of Colton and Lily? because the MC's here are hollow and one dimensional and their insta-hate or whatever happened in the beginning was not convincing. The story itself lacks dept and everything is happening so fast without any character development.

I hate it when I have struggle reading even if it is written by the author I adore!

ARC kindly provided by the publishers, vi
Angela
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, let me start with this. I wanted to be many things when I was growing up. Doctor, laywer, chef. When I was a preteen/teenager the one thing that was a constant was my subscription to Rolling Stone. I was always so envious of the writers. Being able to hang out with my favorite bands, seeing the behind the scenes stuff. That job didn't seem like work to me. It seemed like a fantastic adventure.

That's why when I read the summary of Maybe way back in 2009 I had to read it. A writer finds he
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-edits
If you love hot rock star romances, you're going to love this. Emily Portman is a writer for a music magazine who's sent to Austin to cover an up-and-coming band about to be showcased at South by Southwest. She makes it her business never to get involved with the talent - until she meets Tyler Macy.

Tyler is swoony, and the way he writes music just made me sigh. I was so glad this story was free of the overdone angst of so many others in this genre. It's lovely - Amber has done it again! Highly
Kristy
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hands down the best book Amber has written so far! I literally read it in less than 24 hours, I just couldn't put it down.

I laughed, I screamed, and I loved. Emily and Tyler's story felt like a REAL LIFE romance with REAL LIFE curve balls.

Can't wait to share with all my friends and family in February, and I can't wait to see what is next from Amber!

2kasmom
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily and Tyler's story is a little different. But just as real as any other romance story - with a little musical twist. Emily Portman works for a magazine and is sent to do a story on Tyler Macy's band.

When she meets him - so many things go wrong! She is unaware they have already met. She sprays him with mace since she has mistaken him for a mugger. She is extremely attracted to him and fights it all the way.

Tyler has a lot of issues of his own. He runs the band, writes the music, plans the s
Patrycja
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review to follow.
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Title:Maybe
Series:No
Author:Amber L. Johnson
Release date: February 12, 2015
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

"Do you want to be my muse, Emily Portman?"

This is my first read by Amber L. Johnson. I never did read Puddle Jumping, the novella that came out this summer that gained so much popularity. I had heard an overwhelming amount of positive reviews for her work, so when I saw this new release, I thought it would
Martyk
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ms Johnson writes a book that I could not put down!!! Got it finished in less than 24 hours (just like all her other books!) I very much enjoyed this book. Were there times I wanted to toss my kindle across the room? You better believe it! But that only means that I am in love with these characters that Amber shared with us. Five full stars!!!
LostInPA
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an ARC of Maybe to read and review. A brief summary of the story is Emily Portman is a talent scout for a magazine, following up and coming bands and reporting on them through her articles. Tyler Macy is the drummer for a band called "Growl at the Badger". We meet them as Emily is coming into Austin, her new home for the next 5 weeks and Tyler is the person who has the keys to the apartment she will stay in.

What follows is a roller coaster of emotion, we travel with the band and b
 Lori (Ficwishes)
NOW AVAILABLE

Romance and Rock N Roll... what's not to love?

description

I'm a sucker for a good rockstar romance and that is exactly what this is; an excellent story about a rockstar who learns that he is still capable of falling in love.

One of the things I love most about this story is Tyler. He is a very atypical rockstar. He isn't a womanizer, though he has had his share of women. He isn't afraid of commitment, he just isn't looking for it right now. He doesn't have to be the center of attention. As a m
Natasha Carrere
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
#MyReview #BookReview #NewBook #MusicRomance #MustRead

Another 5 star book! I loved this story from beginning to end. Amber did not disappoint. I don't know that I even have the words to express how much I loved this story but I'll give it a shot. The way the story is told pulls you in and makes you feel like you are apart of the journey that Emily and Tyler take. I love when an author makes you feel like you're the characters best friend. I may just go and reread it again just so I can have Emil
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Dec 11, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF

ARC provided by NetGalley
Dani
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for an honest review

5 kisses and I would give a million more right now if I could.

Hands down my best read of 2015 so far.

Just so we're clear I legit have tears running down my face. I literally about 2 minutes ago finished Maybe and OMG wow. The feels for this book are off the charts.

Music is a subject that hits close to my heart because like Emily Portman and Amber herself I support my local music scene and am out at a local show when possible.

Tyler Mace. Man of a million wor

Hero: 7/10
Humour: 1/10
Hotness: 3/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Heroine POV; 1st person. Hero had very brief romanised journal excerpts. Stand alone.

Broken Ballet dancer turned Music Journalist, Emily, has been moving from place to place, following bands on their rise to fame. Never staying, never getting involved. When she meets the broken and uninspired drummer Tyler, she
Mistress
***** 5 stars *****

Amber L Johnson does it again! I absolutely LOVE this story! Maybe is my favorite book so far that she has written and that is saying something considering all of her previous books were 5 stars for me, as well. I fell in love with Tyler Macy from the beginning. I throughly enjoyed Tyler and Emily's journey, the ups and the downs. This book has the perfect amount of angst and heartbreak, as well as, love and passion. Once I started this awesome story, I couldn't put it down. I
Christy LoveOfBooks

I’m still on my rock star reading expedition and enjoying every bit of it. I would’ve read Maybe regardless because of the musician angle, but I knew I’d get an emotion filled story from this author after reading Puddle Jumping not too long ago, so it made me that much more excited to read it.

Is Peach a popular nickname rock stars give their women? This is the 2nd book I read within a week featuring a rock star who used that nickname. At least in Maybe there’s an actual reason and story be
Mary Elizabeth
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There's a reason why Amber L. Johnson is one of my very favorite authors, and it's not only because she's a close friend of mine. It's because she is truly talented. But it is because she's my close friend that I know Amber puts her literal soul into each one of her books. Maybe is no exception to that, but it is an exception to her other novels because I know this one comes from somewhere near and dear to her. It's personal, and that's cool.

I've followed Amber's writing since she wrote about a
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
After falling in love with Puddle Jumping last year and becoming one of my top YA reads, how could I not try another book by this author? In fact, if truth be told, after reading Puddle Jumping, I went out and bought multiple books by this author because I just knew she was going to become a favorite for me and I wasn't wrong. After reading Maybe, I can once again say, I just love her style, her characters and most of all, the love stories she creates.

While this was much spicier and steamier tha
Stephanie
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily is living a cool single life. She writes for a music magazine, flying all over the U.S., scouting out new talent. She sees bands before they shoot to stardom and get jaded.

Enter Tyler Macy.

He's the handy man at her new apartment complex.

From the moment she meets Tyler, there's this vibe, that you know something lascivious is going to happen between them. (And you can't wait!)

Wouldn't you know, that when Emily goes to scout her new band, the hot drummer is...

Tyler Macy!!

It's refreshing to r
Amber
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily and Tyler.
Le sigh!
These two owned me from the moment I started reading.
And it sucked, because Amber would send me pieces and chunks as she was writing, so stopping at a random place was the worse cause I always wanted more.
This book is full of funnies, romance, music, and blow pops. Tyler Macy and blow pops.
Yesssssss. Pleaseeeeee!
Of course I rated it 5 Stars. Not only because it's from Amber, but it completely deserves it!!
And one day, I'm going to learn how to use GIF's in my review
Christina Szczepan-santos
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Can't wait to read this! Love all of Amber's books! Review to come later
We like it big book blog
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I enjoyed this story. It was a quick and easy read it flowed nicely.
I'm finding that I'm really enjoying Amber's writing style. This is the third book I've read by her.
And so far... I enjoyed all of them.

I felt that Amber did a job with taking me on Emily & Tyler's journey. They certainly had their ups & downs!

Emily works for a entertainment music company. Her company sends her out to interview up and coming new bands. Which requires her only be in certain states for a few mon
Ali
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Typically, I go into a book with some sort of expectation. Maybe was a departure from that. I had none. I had heard about Johnson's Puddle Jumping, but knew nothing really about it or Johnson herself. While the synopsis gives a good idea of the story, I didn't know if it would be gritty, soul bearing or light.

I was pleasantly surprised by where Maybe took me and the emotions it brought.

Emily has a pretty bad ass job. She's a scout for a music magazine. Traveling the country, meeting bands, writi
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4 - 4.5 stars!!

A story about hopes and dreams and finding love in the most unexpected of places.

Love books about musicians? Then don’t miss Amber Johnson’s Maybe, with the smoldering, brilliant Mace and the talented, smart and beautiful Emily. Firmly rooted in the music town of Austin, Texas, this story is an sexy, smart and poignant romance that will tug at your heartstrings.

I am totally swooning over Tyler Macy, who is so sensitive and gun-shy that he hands over the lead role in his band to an
Kathie (katmom)
Don't you love a SALE? This one is on sale for .99 right now (always check)

Tyler needs a muse. His creative juices have be aching to be released, but the notes and words are all stuck in his head. He can still play nearly every instrument out there, but nothing new is coming through. Then he meets Emily, while she's wearing a Georgia Peach shirt. There's her new nickname. He rarely sleeps, instead playing the drums into the early morning hours...right under her apartment floor. She's annoyed and
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • The Inspiration (Work of Art, #1)
  • Exposure
  • The Apartment (The Apartment Novels, #1)
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Late Night with Andres
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • Caught in the Middle
  • Grave Refrain
  • Gilded Cage
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • Frequent Flyers
  • Black Rose
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Innocence: A Forbidden Love Compilation (A Forbidden Love, #1-2)
  • Indivisible Line