Start by marking “Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)” as Want to Read:
Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)

Burying Water (Burying Water #1)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  9,349 Ratings  ·  1,174 Reviews
The top-selling, beloved indie author of Ten Tiny Breaths returns with a new romance about a young woman who loses her memory—and the man who knows that the only way to protect her is to stay away.

Left for dead in the fields of rural Oregon, a young woman defies all odds and survives—but she awakens with no idea who she is, or what happened to her. Refusing to answer to “J
Published October 7th 2014 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Burying Water, please sign up.

Jorilyn Chan It stands alone. You can read "Becoming Rain" even without reading "Burying Water" It does not affect the story.

Christy
5 Stars!!!

photo ab285bb7-37a1-43ba-aee2-10dbe2a99024_zps5bc8c924.jpg

Burying Water is nothing like the last KA Tucker book I read (Five Ways to Fall), but it was equally as wonderful of a story.

What would it be like to wake up in a hospital bed. You have no idea where how you got there, or even who you are. Then you find out the extent of your horrific injuries. You’re lucky to be alive. That’s exactly what happened to our ‘Jane Doe’.

photo 255a52e8-6c13-4dff-ae01-f1c56b3b5742_zpsfaac5339.jpg

Thankfully, she has a compassionate doctor with a daughter for a nurse and a sheriff for a husband who take her under
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

description

It’s a little odd for me to read a book and not post the review until weeks later. In this case, part of me just wanted to delay posting the inevitable truth: I didn’t really love this book. K.A. Tucker is one of my all-time favorite authors and a really cool lady – what she writes, I read. Though well written, Burying Water was a bit boring and I wasn’t invested in the story or characters. I’m rating this book 3.5 stars because there wasn’t anything substantially wrong with it, but th
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

And the truth pushed to the surface.
Like water, buried.

If you've read the Ten Tiny Breaths series, this book is NOTHING like that, but in the absolutely best possible way. I knew after only finishing the prologue that this was going to be one of those books that will leave me glued to the pages and devouring every word. And you know what? I was not even a little wrong. Burying Water is the perfect example of the incredible talent of K.A. Tucker as an author. She has take bits and pi
Candace
Aug 16, 2014 Candace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers that can handle a touch of dark and a love triangle
This is the first K. A. Tucker book that I’ve read, even though I’ve had her Ten Tiny Breaths series lingering on my ‘To-Read’ shelf for quite a while. Now I know what I’ve been missing out on! This lady can tell a story!

Burying Water was emotional, angsty, and suspenseful. This was one of those stories that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, waiting for the other shoe to drop. When the inevitable finally happened, I still managed to be surprised at how things worked out. Yes, Ms. Tu
Amy (Foxy)
When I heard this book takes place in Oregon I knew I wanted to read it. It wasn’t until I cracked open the book that I realized it dealt with a girl who has amnesia. I’m not a fan of books that deal with amnesia but this book is the exception. It's true, what they say about writing and storytelling skills making all the difference in a story -> if it will excel or fail. Not once during this story did I regret reading it. I was compelled to keep flipping pages.

One thing I appreciated about “
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 05, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it

”If you wait long enough, the truth always finds its way. Just like that stream. Just like water. Alex is my truth.”

description

The above was my mood my entire read. Sadly, these things happen. The story didn’t wow me in the slightest. I didn’t feel the love connection, the past/present alternating povs to the big ending which was exactly what a reader expects and nothing more.

Alex is a young abused bride to a Russian mobster who falls for Jesse, a young mechanic. Alex finds herself in the hospital not e
Beverly
Aug 13, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback-own
LIVE http://www.amazon.com/Burying-Water-N...

5 Stars

She survived rape, a brutal beating and being left for dead, but does it matter when she doesn’t even know who she is?

Since waking up she has learned a few things about herself: she knows she has a water tattoo on her hip, she is in Sisters, Oregon, and that no one is looking for her. Her saving grace is the compassionate family that saved her life: Dr. Meredith Alwood, her husband Sheriff Welles, and their daughter Amber who is a nurse at th
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥

DNF @45% so no rating!

I requested an ARC for this because I loved KA Tucker's Ten Tiny Breaths series.

15% in, I got that sinking feeling that this book might not be for me. I was bored. Typically, I don't mind slow-moving plots. In fact, some of my fave reads started off slow. But alas, I didn't find the characters compelling enough to compensate for the slow-moving plot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So better to cut my losses and call it a day. There are too many books on my TBR to dwell on something that I might end
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I was waiting patiently until the moment it was finally released! While I enjoyed the beginning, which was so good and I was intrigued and wanted to read more..the mystery which was in the book started to reveal so soon and this made me loose my interest...But this wasn't my only issue.Another problem I had is that I didn't feel the connection between the characters and generally their romance.Also in some parts I felt bored..especially in the middle of the book.I almost DNF!!

Glass

K.A. Tucker will release a new novel on October 7th and it is completely new story, not another Ten Tiny Breaths sequel. I was curious about Burying Water after I had read the book summary and even more so because she finally decided to write something new. I wasn't the biggest fan of her first novel, but this one was a pleasant surprise.

What can you expect? Definitely a darker story. That is probably what caught me of guard because I still expected it to be more like typical new adu
Pam
4.25 Resilient stars

Burying Water was just WOW! Bursting with emotion and feeling. This is a story that straddles the line between past and present, for without one there cannot be the other, and the past was pivotal in allowing us to relive their love not only once but twice. I can't put to words how this book made me feel, I was a mess of emotions, and to live through what they lived through made the ending all the more sweeter. It was beautiful in its sorrow and anguish, their second chance a
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

The Plot:

" The mind, it can be a deceitful thing. But it is no match for the heart."

Without your memory, does your heart still remember who it loves? That's the essence of what this story is all about.

The Characters:

Alex/Water is in an abusive relationship but the problem is that she's been willing to stay because she has a goal in mind. Things get muddled when Jesse comes into the picture.

We don't really get to know her very well as Alex because a lot of the past is told f
Brandi
Jun 26, 2014 Brandi marked it as dnf
DNF 40%

Unfortunately this one just wasn't working for me...
Maybe I'm still hung up on my last read, but I don't really think that's it. It's not that it was bad, just that the whole 'mystery' was revealed way to early, there was no suspense.Everything felt too predictable, so I could find to energy to keep trudging forward.

S.M. West
Sep 21, 2014 S.M. West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to S.M. by: Beverly
4.5 STARS

“The mind, it can be a deceitful thing. But it is no match for the heart.”

I knew from the prologue that this book was a departure from Ms. Tucker’s TTB series. But that’s okay because it was just as beautiful and captivating in a completely different way.

For me, it was one of those stories that slowly creeps up on you as you willingly turn those pages; the pace was slow in a meaningful and good way, with alternating POVs that switch from present to past. I was enthralled with this stor
Kim Bailey

I really enjoyed this one ... at first I was confused about what the heck was going on, but quickly realized that all of Jesse's chapters were titled "Then" ... once I caught on to that little nuance, everything else started to make perfect sense.
Parts of this story were absolutely heart-breaking. The voice actors did an amazing job of portraying the hurt & anger of these characters.

Overall, extremely well done ... very anxious to move on to the other titles in this series that I have misse
♥Rachel♥

Burying Water
was a big story with the flashbacks to the past, mystery, memory loss and a romance all part of the plot, but thought K.A. Tucker did an amazing job pulling it off! I loved it!

We have Jesse’s POV from the past and then Water’s POV in the future, both stories tied intricately and the story of what happened to Water slowly unfolds through these alternating POVs.

We start out with Jesse’s POV which details him falling for a woman named Alex, twenty-two and married to a very r
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Oct 16, 2014 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
4.5 Stars

Wonderful story. Loved it.
Angigames
Feb 02, 2016 Angigames rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La Tucker ce l’ha fatta!
Ha fatto il salto di qualità che aspettavo e questo è avvenuto nei migliori dei modi.
Questo libro, il primo di una serie che conta in totale 4 volumi e che, spero, continuino tutti, più o meno, sulla stessa linea, è la svolta. L’inizio (spero) di una nuova narrazione.
Finalmente l’autrice si lascia da parte le tanto utilizzate dinamiche NA, per accompagnarci in una storia più cupa, più profonda, più intensa.
Acqua si risveglia in un letto d’ospedale con il viso deturpato
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“The mind, it can be a deceitful thing. But it is no match for the heart.”

It is such a thrill to a zealous reader like me to not only realise that one of my favourite authors never fails to blow my mind with her stories, but that she also remains capable of surprising me, time after time, as I never quite know what kind of ‘journey’ she would take me on, always somehow managing to leave me utterly stunned in the aftermath of her extraordinary tales. This book was like no other that I have ev
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I enjoyed the unique storytelling method that Ms. Tucker used for this story. It made it engaging and mysterious, because I was constantly trying to figure out what it all meant. I enjoyed the connections between the mcs, but I wanted a lot more in the end! I was extremely disappointed with the lack of closure, especially because I was feeling so invested in their story!! Because of the ending alone, I don't feel like I can justify higher than 3.5 stars for this rating
AJ
Feb 16, 2014 AJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 second chance stars

This book hooked me from the very beginning, and kept me up until the wee hours of the morning, unable to put it down. It’s mystery / drama / romance, with a very original plot, and I loved it!

A girl wakes up in a hospital bed, brutally battered and close to death, suffering from numerous injuries. She has survived against all odds but she also has no memory of who she is, her past, or the events that led to her horrific attack.

Labelled Jane Doe, she slowly recuperates an
Aisling Zena
Oct 19, 2015 Aisling Zena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars

I don't know if I'll write a more comprehensible review later on as my head is sort of pounding at the minute but I wanted to say a few words at least.

This book was beautiful but somewhat slow.
description

Water is resilient and so is the heroine of the book. But for some reason though the subject matter is heart rending and the writing truly beautiful I didn't get emotionally invested in the characters easily.

And although it flowed like the water in the stream above, it was doing it much too slo
Alex is The Romance Fox

I enjoyed this author’s Ten Tiny Breaths Series so I was really looking forward to her Burying Water Series.

What can I say???
 photo d1cd933c433313c36c8c91f283e0852b_zpsvizm7jjl.jpg
A magical love story. Being given a second chance in finding love and each other. Is it at all possible?
 photo images206_zpsymcc8jdd.jpg
I loved this book. I loved the characters. I loved the writing. The plot.
The writing is absolutely extraordinary. I am not a usual fan of flashbacks of different POV’s…but the author does in such an incredible way that never distracted me from the story.

From beginn
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 14, 2014 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Intense Stars

It’s a Tucker book, YAY!!!! I read anything by Tucker, so when I learned she was writing a new series, I was BEYOND excited.

The thing with favorite authors, you tend to have super high expectations. I overall enjoyed Burying Water. I finished it in one sitting and it was very intense, but it wasn’t a SUPER hit I am use to. I think it’s because of the layout.

I’m not a fan of flashbacks. I can’t say it enough. It just irritates me and I find no pleasure in reading past and present t
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!

giphy

So this is my first from K.A Tucker and though I didn't get all the feels that I was expecting to get.. I was satisfied. I'm not gonna lie, my expectations was high. I was expecting some after-feels that I get every time I read a CoHo book. I'm talking about the pre-Ugly Love Colleen Hoover. Anyway, I'm still on the mission to read K.A Tucker's first books. Hopefully I will like them more.

Its not that this book is boring. But as someone who has read a lot from this genre, I read nothing n

Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
A young woman is discovered in the woods, barely alive after having been brutally beaten. She survives but awakens with no memory of who she is or what happened to her. Rather than be referred to as Jane Doe, she chooses to call herself Water after discovering a tattoo symbol for it. Jesse Welles, son of the sheriff, knows more than he's acknowledging and it's through him that we that we learn each of their stories.

What I found interesting
The sto
Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss

I've been really excited about starting K.A. Tucker's Burying Water series since finishing her Ten Tiny Breaths series last year. Burying Water was romantic, suspenseful, and mysterious, and at times, intense!

Jesse finds the love of his life lying in a pool of her own blood in the middle of the woods, brutally attacked and raped. She wakes and remembers nothing of the man who showed her love like she'd never experienced with her husband. With the help of the doctor who saved her and the sheriff
Melissa
Sep 27, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
K.A. Tucker has done it again - written a book with characters I adore. This story gripped me right from the first page and took me on an emotional journey. A journey full of regrets and mistakes that were overcome with resilience, love and the strength of family.

Imagine waking up in a hospital and not recognizing your own face or even remembering your own name. Well, that's exactly what happens to Jane Doe. All she knows is what she's been told. That she was severely beaten, raped and left for
Laz
Oct 09, 2014 Laz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantics

Alex is a 22-year-old woman who's married to an abusive, jerk of a man who's also rich, by the by. What happens when she meets a young man at the side of the road and she starts talking about "change" and about "unhappiness"? What happens when she kisses him and then she leaves? What happens when that man, all he can think about is her lips on hi
Beatrice Masaluñga
Dec 12, 2015 Beatrice Masaluñga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult

Buddy reading with these lovely ladies: Ari, Tika, Blessie and Michelle :)

Burying Water is told in an alternating perspective and we also get to see the "past" and "present" moments. I never imagined the story starts really dark and I wasn't prepared for any of it. It was a bit confusing at first and I had a hard time getting into it. However, t
  • Becoming Calder
  • Racing the Sun
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Addicted After All (Addicted, #3)
  • Lifers
  • Harder (Caroline & West, #2)
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
  • The Song of David (The Law of Moses, #2)
  • Coming Home
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Collared
  • By Any Other Name (Forbidden, #1)
  • Keeping Never (Tasting Never, #3)
  • Interim
  • Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1)
  • Deliver (Deliver, #1)
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the USA Today bestselling author of 14 books, including Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water, and her latest Adult Suspense novel, He Will Be My Ruin. Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, and Publisher's Weekly.

K.A. Tucker currently resides in a quaint town outside
More about K.A. Tucker...

Burying Water (4 books)
  • Becoming Rain (Burying Water, #2)
  • Chasing River (Burying Water, #3)
  • Surviving Ice (Burying Water, #4)

“He said the truth is like that water: it doesn't matter how hard you try to bury it; it'll always find some way back to the surface. It's resilient.” 49 likes
“This is me. This is what I want. I could trade it all today, for this. Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever stepped into a place and just known that you were meant to be there?” 13 likes