Start by marking “18” as Want to Read:

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
"As it became obvious they were not about to plunge to their deaths just yet, Bill gingerly took his hands off the steering wheel and rubbed his chin. He slowly opened the window and stuck his head out. There appeared to be nothing holding them up apart from the inky night air."

In September of 1996, a collection of speculative fiction authors founded Vision Writers. Now,
Published May 3rd 2014 by Vision Writers

To ask other readers questions about 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 18

Kirstie
Being that my story is one of those contained in these pages and I know the other contributors also I can't make a truly unbiased review (obviously I think it's awesome and you should read it now). However I will level a challenge at you. One of these stories was written by a girl, sweet sixteen. I bet you can't tell which one.

Challenge accepted?
The Sample Reader
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought
Although I didn’t have much to go on, I was happy enough with what I got from 18 – and, frankly, offer me ten or more stories for a dollar and I’ll probably buy it on general principles...

...the fact that you can now have it for free? Consider it "Bought" twice!

Read the full ebook Sample Reader review here.
N.E. White
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good collection. Review to come shortly.
Lena Smith
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

Overall, this is an enjoyable collection of stories. It contains a good mix of fantasy, science fiction, and horror stories. Most of the stories were interesting and enjoyable to read, though not exceptionally memorable. My favorite stories were Nightfall and 18 Little Beds. I think Nightfall is an exceptionally written short story. It introduced a world and characters that I would enjoy visiting again. It did not have a certain, clear cut ending but also the ending did not feel lik
Tamara
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Middle of the road stories ... nothing un-enjoyable. I am a huge fan of anthos and short stories and new authors, so I recommend checking this out to judge for yourself.
Laney Mitchell
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nookbook
Anthologies are always hit or miss. While the number theme was interesting, a lot of the stories in this one were rough. Over all, not terrible, but also not worth a second glance.
Allan Walsh
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy, horror
18 is a selection of short stories from some of Australia's new and emerging Speculative Fiction authors. In the interests of full disclosure, I note that I am one of the contributing authors.

The Bad Stuff: As with any collection of stories from various authors, the stories and the writing styles vary greatly. The stories are from new and emerging authors at different levels in there writing journey and there are going to be some stories you will like, and some you do not.

The Good Stuff: There i
Apr 03, 2016
Jim Riemersma
Dec 20, 2017
j rees
rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2015
Sep 13, 2015
Ranzangel
May 04, 2018
Daniel Ferguson
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Missy Morgan
Aug 03, 2016
Angel
Sep 21, 2014
Christopher Kneipp
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
tyra cruz