Start by marking “Closer (Closer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Closer (Closer, #1)

Closer

(Closer #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  652 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
Gabriella Mason is damaged.

Teller Reddy is wrecked.

Misery loves company, and that’s exactly what Ella gets the afternoon her path crosses with Teller’s: the misunderstood premed student who instantly becomes her lifeline when she moves to Los Angeles, an attempt at escaping her heartbreaking past.

In the beginning, Lonely and Defensive complete each other. But in the end,
Published December 6th 2016

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars!!

collage1

Once again, Mary Elizabeth blew me away. This time with an intoxicating, enthralling, so very gripping read. 'Closer', the first installment in her newest series with the same name was fantastically written, intense and full of passion, angst and emotion. It held me at the edge of my seat from beginning until the end and I simply loved every minute of it.

“Absolutely nothing compares to the dope-like feeling Teller inflicts on my senses, like a shot of adrenaline directly to my heart

Christy
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!!!

photo 455C48B6-B4E7-4AE4-9BCC-552C6D8E41BC_zpsz6x5suie.jpg
All I can feel is her. All I can see is her. All I want is her. All I need is her. All I am is her. My Gabriella. This is what happens when wrecked and damaged collide.

No one writes love between two damaged and dysfunctional characters quite like Mary Elizabeth... Actually, no one writes quite like Mary Elizabeth period. Her style is her own and I can't get enough of her poetic and stunning writing. Teller and Ella are a one of a kind couple and their story is one that’s not alw
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS**** Cliffhanger

For my unfiltered review... https://prettymessreading.wordpress.c...

Who doesn't love a crazy love story? I know I do! Little secret... I like them in real life too. Crazy, unhealthy relationships are so fun and the sex is amazing. I'm speaking from personal experience here. Fight hard, fuck harder. Words to live by.

Before you read this one, just know, this book goes between the past 7 years and the present.

Teller and Gabriella stressed me the fuck out of me in the best
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

CHAPTERS: 24
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 06th, 2016

CLOSER: Is told in Dual POV's by Teller and Ella

We're first introduced to these two in the very early stages of their relationship, Ella eighteen and Teller only twenty both Pre-Med students it moves from 'Past to Present' flawlessly so you're thrown all the feels you need, crave, seek, want. But in some ways you want to run away
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you follow my reviews then you know that cliffhangers and I are not friends. I can’t stand that hoe! and just thinking about it makes me EXTREMELY stabby. So here I am, enjoying the shit out of this book, I’ve got my feet up, popcorn on the side and a nice cool drink. Everything was so good, I started to get comfortable and you know what happens when you get comfortable? A bitch comes knocking on your door scaring the crap out of you. That scare ladies and gentleman was non
Malene
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: part-of-a-series
This story was insanely good! Wow, I was hooked instantly and Mary Elizabeth's prose was poignant and flawless. My first book by this author and she knocked it out of the park. The story and its characters were addictive and in a way believable that I connected with them instantly.

I really enjoyed Ella and Teller's friendship slash relationship because that's what they had and wanted with one another. A friendship but wanting more yet never ready to acknowledge that and their feelings. That pus
Paige
5 "Manic" Stars

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Teller and Ella were chaos. But it was seriously the best kind of crazy. This story was mesmerizing from beginning to end. This was the first time I've read Mary Elizabeth and I was blown away by her story telling and her writing and her ability to make me part of this cast of passionate but perfectly flawed characters.

Closer tells the story of Teller and Ella and their story over seven years. Going from past to present and back again, the reader is fully engrossed
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016, romance
***** 3.75 Stars *****

Gabriella is use to everyone leaving her. She only has her big brother in her life. Her constant. When Teller enters her life, she finds someone that she connects with. Unfortunately, their relationship is better left in the friendship zone.

Teller is damaged. He holds Gabriella in his heart for years, but his fears hold him back. Throughout the years, he also makes mistakes that stops their relationship from moving to another level.

Their relationship has a lot of ups and
Katerina
Dec 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Mary Elizabeth
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
FMABookReviews
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
closerteaser

It is no surprise that I love the writing style of Mary Elizabeth. Her prose captivates me and draws me into her stories and characters. Her ability to manipulate the English language is beautiful and perfectly balanced with content.

In Closer we find Elizabeth's trademark style. Poetically descriptive and alluring, it was her voice that became my interest. That was because I became more interested in how she was writing than what the story was about. These characters were a trainwreck. And the
AleJandra
DNF 55%

Una de mis reglas personales como lector, es no leer algo que no quiera leer. Si me siento forzada por cualquier motivo a leer algo, simplemente no lo hago. Por lo que abandonar libros sin terminar para mí no es algo importante. Si llego a ser un poco desalmada en cuanto a DFN se trata.

Pero este libro no entra en esa categoría, este libro sí que me duele abandonarlo. No quiero, porque la escritura es tan linda e intensa, pero por más que lo intento no logro avanzar.
description

El inicio de la hist
angel medina
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If the writing is as good as dusty then have my heart and do what you want with it; break my heart again. I don't care. I'll still read it and I'll still love it!
Butthisbook
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo IMG_2897_zps0qliagva.jpg

This story is dysfunctional and wrong on so many levels but in true Mary Elizabeth fashion, it’s beautiful and passionate and in a league of it’s own. Ella and Teller’s relationship is toxic but it’s theirs and it’s mine and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

If you’ve followed me for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of Mary Elizabeth and all her work, but if you’re new around here, know that I am a huge HUGE Mary fan. With each book that she releases, it’s an instant stop-what-you’re-curr
BexLOVESBooks
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 3.07.04 PM.png
I LOVED THIS BOOK.
Teller Reddy so totally has won my heart. He is SUCH a completely perfect mix of badboy-alpha and sweet intense lover. UGH, seriously I'm so head over heels for this man its silly. But I couldn't help it no matter how hard I try! ...but in all honesty, I did't try that hard. ;)

The writing in this book was off the charts phenomenal. Just so beautifully written. So perfectly told.

Teller & Ella's love story was a tragic, volatile, gut wrenching one. It was also adorable, be
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Re-Read.

I forgot how amazingly crazy these two are.

Like it doesn’t get much more CRAZY IN LOVE than These fools.

I am sitting right here and rooting for them. Is that bad?!

Get it together!!!

Onto Sever.
_

Well, why am I sitting here surprised? I mean, every book Mary creates is utterly perfect. I'm not sure why I'm sitting here surprised at what I just read. This book owns my whole life right now.

"CLOSE is not close enough."

These two very flawed, crazy, passionate characters have me so wrapped
Sunny
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could TEN STAR THIS BITCH.

Mary Elizabeth is the motherfucking queen of dysfunctional love. Closer hurt so good, and made a masochist out of me because I. NEED. MORE.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Closer (Closer #1) by Mary Elizabeth
4.5 stars!!!

“I’m happy with you, baby, but I’m fucking terrified of us.”

There is something about a love that is so passionate, so intense, so totally consuming that it becomes toxic, it becomes a drug that can’t be kicked, it can be destructive, but at times it can be good. Mary Elizabeth brings us the story of Teller and Gabriella, two people that inherently belong together, yet inherently don’t.

My heart was wrecked, Mary Elizabeth is a master storyteller
Courtney
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Intense. Passionate. Chaotic. Beautiful. Those are the only words that I can think to use to express what this books stands for.

Closer is told from both Teller and Ella's POvs. It's told from both their past and present. These two will infuse themselves into your bones.

"This is what happens when wrecked and damage collide."

I won't go into any details on this book. These two are each other's support through everything. Especially when a tragic accident effects them and everyone around them.

I
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<33

Shawnelle
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I read this in a draft form on FFN 5 years ago, I knew this author was something special and would have a looonnngggg amazing career ahead of her. She really knows how to capture gut wrenching, universe stopping, blinding, and destroying true love like know one else I've ever read. Her work will suck in. You can't put it down and you find yourself thinking about the characters for the rest of your life.

I can't wait to read this agin in book form. If you're a fan of great story telling and
Melanie (mells_view)
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo F2F791FF-75B2-4834-A568-9BA68A78B8CA_zpswetpcefl.jpg

photo 51C5E28E-18F5-4DE8-BC4E-CA2DA7A18701_zpsteecyfla.jpg

I feel like I just read the lyrics to multiple Panic! at the Disco songs all smushed together to form this epic co-dependent love story, and I loved every single fucking word. Mary Elizabeth you slay me with your passionate words.

So good, so so good. Dual POV's of Teller and Ella. Two people who have a very very heavy best friend relationship. Their chemistry is through the roof and their love for each other is insanity.

Some madly devastating things take place in the beginning and it pulls the
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stoppp! This book deserves 100 stars and I'm crying right now because I was NOT expecting a cliffy. Just when shit was getting real too! I voluntarily reviewed an ARC for this book. And holy crap did I love the intensity and emotional toll this book had on my soul.

Ella and Teller's relationship is explosive, literally. When things are good, there have never been a more in love couple then these two. But with explosive tempers, stubborn attitudes and a tendency to take things way too far, their
Bianca
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“Tell me what this is.”
“Tell me what this isn’t.”

Speechless. That’s what I am. I admire the way this author tells her stories. I love her characters. So I had no doubt she would allow me to fall in love with wrecked and damaged. But this? This was a masterpiece.

“We’re written in the stars.”

Gabriella (Ella) Mason and Teller Reddy become friends easily in college. They are drawn to each other on a level that neither can explain. The closer they ge
B.B. Easton
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Teller and Ella are THE MOST dysfunctional, volatile, self-absorbed, destructive couple I've ever read, and I @#$%ing loved every minute of it! Can't wait for the madness to continue in Sever!
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
PDL's Rating: 5 Chaotic Stars (Loved)

My 1st read by this author turned into a one-sit read!

I seriously love this book so hard that it’s not even funny. It’s so chaotically-fucked-up-amazing! The words!!! The angst!!! The writing!!! This book! O.M.G. it's a beautiful fucking mess!!

Did you know half of this book is fucking foreplay? I don’t mean that kind – then again, it kind of is…?

Teller and Ella are pretty much addicted to each other, and we all know how addictions are – they could be the ve
Berry•Nice
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I NEED the next book! like yesterday

I feel like a complete idiot because I didn't know this would end on a cliff and I didn't know this would be a series... Why I thought it was a standalone. IDK. Guess I should read the blurbs
Jen
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
ratings 4

There's no greater emotion than love. It takes hold of your heart, your mind, your every thought. It can be beautiful, all consuming, but it can be ugly too. Sometimes love can drown you and take you down a path that destroys you.

Gabriella knows firsthand how love can heal and love can destroy. It always seems the ones she loves leave her. She has a fear of being abandoned since it's happened all too often.

Teller is damaged in his own way. Always following the path his father set for him, he's h
Jan
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow 5 toxic stars

Ella:
Absolutely nothing compares to the dope like feeling Teller inflicts on my senses, like a shot of adrenaline direct to my heart.

Ella and Teller are friends,they have a relationship that is dangerous, shouldn't be together but can't be apart, there feelings are so tangible yet poignant that there is a fear of being anything more.

We are poison. We're a toxic that spreads to everthing and everyone.

Jelousy, obsession,possession, rage, arguments,fights so much pent up agressio
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
"Never once have I given her a straight answer, because never once have I had one to give. We are a conundrum up fucked up. A disappointment bomb. Ella and I are wrecked and damaged. But we own it.”

I read Closer a week ago (and six other books since), and I can’t get this book about of my head. You need to go into this one blind and be prepared to want to hug or kill the main characters. Ella and Teller are a trainwreck. They cross the fine lines between love and hate; obsession and madness. Ell
  • Gravity
  • Closer
  • One Thousand Wishes
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Branded: A Bad Boys Anthology
  • Creature of Habit: Book One
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
  • Where All Things Will Grow (Old Wounds, #4)
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • Living Backwards
  • To Be like Her...
  • Black and White
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • The Misapprehention of Violet Hall
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
Mary Elizabeth was born and raised in Southern California. She is a wife, mother of four beautiful children, and dog tamer to one enthusiastic Pit Bull and a prissy Chihuahua. She's a hairstylist by day but contemporary fiction, new adult author by night.

Mary can often be found finger twirling her hair and chewing on a stick of licorice while writing and rewriting a sentence over and over until i

Closer (2 books)
  • Sever (Closer, #2)
“Maybe we should get a puppy since you love the fish so much,” she says, slowly unbuttoning her shirt.
The container of fish food falls to the floor, and my dick twitches.
“Maybe you should have my baby."
Ella bites her bottom lip, exposing her left breast and shoulder. “Maybe you should put your baby inside of me.”
0 likes