Start by marking “Heart & Soul (The Minstrel Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heart & Soul (The Minstrel Series, #3)

Heart & Soul

(Minstrel #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  88 ratings  ·  25 reviews
She's heartbroken. He's heartless.

Gabriele Baumann-Smith is deliriously in love with her young husband Lennon.
Except, it turns out that Lennon Smith isn't his real name. In fact, he's full of secrets: a cottage on the southern British coast, an old girlfriend and... an identical twin brother.

Callum Jones—not his real name—can't believe his bro
Published June 30th 2014 by ESB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heart & Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart & Soul

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

C.M.
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't really care for this one. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but the plot didn't grab me, I wasn't fond of the characters, and there was bad language peppered loosely throughout the book. I didn't bother to finish it.
Julie
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book intrigued me from the start. We meet our heroine, Gabriele, who is mourning the loss of her husband. She goes to England to get some closure and to see the cottage he's left to her in his will, but ends up finding out how many secrets her husband was really keeping. The author has some chapters in flashback so we can really get a sense of her husband before his death. I didn't think I would like that at first, but it really added to the suspense and the layers of secrets that Gabriele ...more
Jessie Harrell
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Strauss delivers another seamless story with characters you'll root for until the very end. Unlike the first 2 books in the series, though, this one feels less like a pure contemporary romance and more like spy-thriller and romance smashed together. Honestly, I think I prefer the contemporary romance genre, but that is a matter of personal taste and nothing against the quality of Strauss's writing.
In this story, you get reintroduced to Gabrielle, who played only a minor role in the second
BookHookup
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

2.5-3 stars So I wanted to love this book, it has 3 things I love: romance, mystery and suspense. While part of a series it is still a stand alone so that also appealed to me. However, while the characters Callum and Gabriele hadn’t told their story yet, any chemistry was lost on me and I never felt totally invested in or connected to the characters.

Th
Melanie
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We met Gabriele in the second book--she's Eva's "perfect" sister. She married Lennon Smith and we find out that he has recently died. He left her a cottage in England that she didn't know existed so she left her family in Germany to see what she could find out about it. She's surprised when she learns the secrets Lennon was keeping, the biggest one being that his name was actually Mick! She learned more about who he was before she met him and began to understand why he was adamant about not havi ...more
Celeste
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Th
Alisa
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gabriele Straumann is living the fairy tale life when we first meet her as Eva’s sister in Book 2… In Book 3 her fairy tale has turned into a nightmare that she can’t wake up from.

She married the love of her life, Lennon Smith, only to have him killed one month after their wedding. When she finds out he has left her a cottage in his home town on the British coast, she leaves her family and Germany to go to England to find some closure.

What she finds are a lot of secrets…
Gwynn White
This book started off as a brilliant five star read. I was captivated—and creeped out. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Then it all went south.

I understand the need to make the heroine a badass who can hold her own in any circumstance— but to the detriment of the hero who also happens to be the love interest?

I stopped counting how many times Callum (the military trained/M15 operative) got his butt kicked while Gabi, (the once-did-a-self-defence-course, museum worker) beat up the bad guys
Tressa Sager
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was received a ARC for a honest review. Heart & Soul book 3 in The Minstrel Seies.
Another great book by Lee! This one had action, whit and a forbidden love! Love the characters and their interaction with each other! Can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! You won't wanna miss out on this book! Add it to your TBR List! Happy Reading Friends!!!!
Cynthia Heyman
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart &Soul: book # 3

I've not read the first 2 but if they are anything like #3 I need to read them. Really good read with lots of plot twists and mystery. Not to mention, great central character . Loved it!
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

Gabi and Lennon were young, in love, and ready to spend the rest of their lives together. But just one year after their wedding, it all came crashing down when Lennon was killed. Needing some time away from everyone, maybe some closure, and more understanding about who her husband was, she finds herself staying in the beach cottage she never knew he owned. But the man she married wasn't the man she thought he was, and as his secret past comes back to haunt her, she finds herself running from dan
books are love
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

The coming together of Callum and gabrielle was a interesting journey. I felt for Mick/Lennon. He tried so hard to do what was right and in the end it was something as mundane as a picture that hurt him. I didn’t like that Gabriele didn’t respect his desire not to be photographed and that she put his picture up without his knowledge. To her that is no big deal but she should have thought about him and his feelings as well as her own.
Maggie Nambot (macarons & paperbacks)
Lee Strauss’s most recent series, The Minstrel Series, is a clean romance series that focuses on the lives of aspiring singer-songwriters. There are currently three novels in the Minstrel Series. The first two, Sun & Moon and Flesh & Bone, take place in Dresden, Germany and follow the lives of German twenty-somethings whose paths intertwine.

Flesh & Bone has been my favorite installment so far in this series. I had a hard time putting it down! I loved the characters and th
Rhiannon St. Clair
**I received an ebook ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review**

I just want to preface this by saying that although this is the third book in a series, it can be read as a stand alone. I haven’t read the first two books in The Minstrel Series and I was able to read this one with no troubles.

Gabrielle is a widow and her deceased husband had a vast array of secrets he kept from her, including a cottage on the shores of England. Callum lives next door to the cottage (which
Carra
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quick confession...I haven't read the other books in this series yet. That said, even though it's recommended to read the series in order for better enjoyment, this can definitely be read as a stand-alone.

While the first quarter or so of this story starts a little slow for me, things do pick up and in the last third, you'll be glued to the pages with all of the suspense and action happening. Part of the slow start I think is due to the unfolding of the background of the story as the author swit
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I eagerly devoured this book under 5 hrs time. From the moment I started I couldn't put it down. I had to know what Lennon's secrets were and who the heck this Callum Jones guy is. As the story progressed I was even more taken in. So much happens. I absolutely loved the mystery and suspense that surrounds the entire storyline. I think that is what had me loving this one the most out of the series.

I wasn't a huge fan of Gabriele in the last book and wasn’t terribly fond of her in the beginning o
Kathy Osborn
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Lee did an outstanding job on this novel. The story surrounds around Gabriele, who is reeling over the loss of your husband (Lennon) and wants to find closure by getting some answers. She travels from Germany to England to look over a seaside cabin that Lennon leaves her. To her surprise she meets Lennon’s twin brother, Callum. Callum (not his real name), has secrets of his own and wants to p
Davidandkelley Crandall
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Strauss has outdone herself again! This novel has suspense, anticipation, action and lead characters with sizzling sparks of chemistry. Gabriele & Callum are easy to like and emotionally connect with, all the while sensational to care about. I would NOT recommend that you read this as a stand-alone book, however am impressed at the storyline flow so readers aren’t wondering what they might have missed by not reading previous books.

Suspense and Romance are two of my favorite combinations in
Toniann
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book by obsessed by books for an honest review.

I have not read anything by this author but after reading this that will now change.
I have no read the first 2 books which I will now. Gabriele was married and he recently died. There was a cottage in England that was left for her. So she picks up and goes. She tries to figure some things her husband didn't tell her. His name was not his name. As she is there she learns more and more about his secret life. I like how there was flas
Emily
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gabriele Baumann-Smith had it all, a loving husband and a wonderful life until he died. With his death Gabriele found there were secrets and Gabriele needs answers, if for nothing else closure.

Callum Jones promised his twin he would protect Gabriele. And after Gabriele arrives at Lennon's cottage he tries his best to send her home. However, Gabriele is not a willing participant and Callum did not expect to fall for his brother's widow.

This was an intriguing story. Like a
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-i-own
I am really enjoying this Minstrel series! All stories are set in Germany and England with musicians of some sort or another. The books connect characters but not in a way that makes them dependant on each other. Each book can be read as a stand alone and each one is promised to deliver a happily ever after ending. That's my kind of book. This book was really good. It was fast paced, heart pounding and romantic. I devoured it.
Eliza Jones
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This one was quite different than the first two books, but not in a bad way. Firstly, it follows a newlywed couple instead of two characters who are only just falling in love. Secondly, there's a lot more mystery & romance than there is drama & romance. A lot more suspense in this one, and a romance just as amazing!
Rachel Morgan
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lee Strauss definitely kept the best for last! This was my favourite of the three Minstrel Series novels. I like romance, but add in some mystery, intrigue and action and I love it even more! Nothing keeps me turning pages like hidden secrets and unanswered questions. If that's your cup of tea, go on and get a copy of this book!
Denise Jaden
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've really enjoyed The Minstrel Series by Lee Strauss, and this was a great companion novel to go with the others. Interestingly, this took a turn for the spy/thriller genre, which surprised me, but still carried the strong romantic flavor and wonderful accompanying music, like the first two books. I think this is a great series and would recommend it to contemporary romance fans.
Crystal
Favorite quote
"Gabriele stared at his burning dark eyes. She was an alcoholic hanging onto a bottle of vodka, mesmerized and paralyzed. She should run as far and fast as she could away from the temptation, but God, she wanted a drink."
Lisa Lockwood
Jun 08, 2017
Jill S. Baum
Jun 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dreaming of Ivy (Love and Flowers Trilogy, #2)
  • Of Dreams and Shadow (Forget Me Not #1)
  • Love Comes Blindly (The Fielding Brothers Saga)
  • Falling Hard
  • Happily Ever Alpha
  • Sway (Romance Revisited #1)
  • Moonlight On My Mind (Second Sons, #3)
  • Pipe Dreams
  • reV (The Machine Dynasty, #3)
  • Every Day Needs A Dog
  • Numbers Never Lie
  • The Ruin of the World (The World Without End, #4)
  • Shadow Swarm
  • A Heart Made of Indigo (Journeys of the Heart, #1)
  • Public Property (Freya Johnson, #2)
  • Fortune Said: A Valentine Haberdashers Tale (The Haberdashers, #2.2)
  • The Darkest Tool
  • The Paris Plot
Hi!

You'll adore Lady Gold from my bestselling series The Ginger Gold Mysteries, starting with the introductory novella, Murder on the SS Rosa.

Fill up on the short story companion series, Lady Gold Investigates, and if you're in need of more Golden Age Whodunnits, try the spin-off series, Higgins & Hawke.

HOP ABOARD THE 1920s and 30s!

Minstrel (4 books)
  • Sun & Moon (Minstrel, #1)
  • Flesh & Bone (The Minstrel Series, #2)
  • Peace & Goodwill (Minstrel #4)