Start by marking “Adam (The Protectors, #5)” as Want to Read:
Adam (The Protectors, #5)

Adam

(The Protectors #5)

Half-breed vampire, Adam Pride, has an almighty chip on his broad shoulders. Trying to move on after finding Angelina married to another, Adam has a decision to make. Remove the chip and move on or kill the man who took what he wanted most in the world, his Angel.

With his heart in pieces, Adam’s on a mission to become the best VC Warrior he can be. It’s not long before fa
Published June 22nd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Adam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam

Start your review of Adam (The Protectors, #5)
Jo
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

What a great book this was. When I first heard that Adam’s book will be coming out before Slade and Jill’s book, I was so disappointed. Luckily this book read more like a filler, with loads of happenings in the plot and with all the characters.

At the end of the previous book Adam found out that Angelina who was kidnapped was auctioned off by the human trafficking ring the VC Warriors has been trying to put a stop to, and that she married the guy who bought her, seeming happy with her circumsta

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: protectors
Favorite Lines “No, it doesn’t. It means a lot to me that you were worried about my feelings, but I don’t live in the past. I live in the moment and you are my moment.”

“If I could do it, you can. You have something to fight for down there.” She pulled slightly away from the woman. “You hear me, Anne? You fight for that down there. Family is everything.”

“How can a woman not love the man who survived such horrors? A man who turned out to be a decent human being instead of a monster taking revenge
CC
Adam was an idiot. I would have liked this book a lot more if it was confirmed that he was not letting the whore blood donor suck his d!@k while Angelina was missing. The whore was a liar so I choose to believe it not true, but I wish I knew.

Angelina was too sweet. Adam was a prick at times. Especially in the past when he did not act like she existed. I do not get what made his view of her change.

Anyway in the present day, the story was waaay light on romance and basically no sex. Maybe a little
Charlene
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teresa-gabelman
I love Teresa Gabelman's VC (Vampire Council) Warriors! Adam (The Protectors Series) Book #5 is the fifth book.

The Warriors have worked for over a thousand years to prevent a devastating war between vampires and humans and to protect those who can't protect themselves, and a new evil threatens the world. Modern science and greed combine as human traffickers use drugs to force people into a dangerous half-breed vampire existence. As all this starts, the Warriors begin discovering their mates crea
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This continues to be one of my favorite series. I'm so glad that Adam got his HEA and especially with who he got his HEA with. Loved Sid and Lana. Can't wait to see what happens with Jax and I'm so looking forward to Jill and Slade!! The way the book ended has me excited to see how Teresa moves this series forward. So good!!

Now I'm wanting to read the series again from the beginning. :)
Once Upon
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn! I have to be honest....I wasn't sure what to expect from Adam's book and I wasn't quite sure if I was going to love it, partially due to me not being fully invested into Adam's character, although I was still curious where and what he was going to do with his life after the one he looked for was with someone else...and happily married.

There is a war between humans, vampires, and half breeds. Which there has always been a war...but not to the level expected and the impact of the lives t
Julieanne
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from a series that just keeps getting better.

One of the things I love about Teresa’s books is, she always brings back our favorite bad boys. I have read way too many series where important characters from previous books just disappeared. Teresa has a way of bringing in previous characters and enhancing the storyline with a perfect balance.

Another thing I love is how she slowly builds up characters in each book, as if getting the reader prepared for something down the line. In
JJH--Judy
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars. First of all, I thought the story was good. What I did not think, was that it was Adam's story so much as a continuation of all the characters. (I don't mind the "continuation" aspect. I just don't feel it should have been marketed as Adam's story when I feel other characters like Jill got almost equal time.). It was very entertaining, but I didn't feel you even got a taste of Adam's and Angel's story until well into the second half, and there really wasn't much too it. I enjoy this ...more
Melanie
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
4*s
Although it was meant to be Adam & Angelina's book, it felt like everyone elses - not that I minded but I would have preferred them to be the focus. Great series though and I will definitely be carrying on with it.
Victoria
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
4 Stars
Livvii
I liked this book; maybe not as much as I did the others so far in the series mind you, but I did like it.

To me this book felt more like filler and a way to ease the transition from Sid's book to Slade's. To me it seemed like the first third of the book continued to look at the relationship between Sid and Lana, wrapping up the story line from their book, and solidifying where they are at within their relationship. The last third very much felt like the final stages of the set up for the story b
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, vamp
Book 5 in series

I’ve not been shy with my opinion of Adam ( sids book did him no favours as far as I’m concerned )
He is a stroppy little man child and continues to be so in this book... he supposidly removed his head from his arse somewhat by ‘focusing to be the best warrior ever’ and I’m not sure if that worked out for him or not... he is still a stroppy man child as far as I’m concerned and I’m not sure he deserves Angelina. Not that she’s much of a charachter... time will tell in that respect
PepperP0t
The reader doesn't get a 'romance' for the MC in this outing, what's offered is the wrapping of threads of what's gone on before although the bulk is answers on Adam/Angelina's affair. There's more on the trafficking ring, growing pains for Sid and Lana plus a new job for Lana. Also; Jill and Slade pose for their upcoming star turn and yet that's not all.

Half breed vampire Adam Pride accepts but isn't settled about Angelina's far-fetched tale. Fellow half breed Jill insists Adam can't believe An
Mirinda Turner
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adam & Angelina

The social injustice that has been depicted throughout this series really comes to a tipping point. The Warriors must make a decision on which side they will fight for. It really comes as no surprise as to what they choose. Even though it is a tough decision because of their deep convictions and beliefs. This injustice really hits home with the half-breeds Adam, Jill, Steve, Pam and our new arrival Jax- a Native American. If this doesn’t make you angry, well there’s plenty more to
Debra Tate
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly timely

This is an excellent story With a complex plot and characters you really care about. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

This is a book with themes of gender equality, marginalization of people because of things not in their control, and the bully mentality that makes people think that they are better than someone else and can therefore do whatever they want to them. Without consequence.

This is a book about vampires, 1/2 breeds,and humans, but what I'm seeing is the political world in
Gemma
Good read.

Great book, I am so glad that Adam got Angelina back and I'm glad Adam decided to get off his ass (which took him long enough) to see that Angelina was lying and that she loved him and didn't just fob him off for another man but was just protecting others.

I loved how this book was a stepping stone that lead into Slade`s and Jill's story. It was a little different to see Jax`s reaction to Jill when he acts so differently in the next part but Im glad it shows this side tho him aswell. A
Sydney M Neblett
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is how the world ceases to live

I just love how the author continues to build the overriding story while focusing on one couple. Each of her characters become such an intrical part of every book and I am totally invested in the outcome of the war and if they each find their HEA. I am so glad Adam found his Angel, too bad it took him a while to see past his pain to the truth. Thank goodness for Jill, she’s always there to slap some sense into a warrior. I can’t wait to read the next book and
pam laporte
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
War against half breeds?

The warriors are trying to find a ring who sell girls, and some who turn them and sell them. Adam finds Angelina supposedly married. The new mayor starts rounding up half breeds and puts them in a fenced off area.
The war begins. Slate gets closer to kill and a new warrior appears on the a scene. I won't give anything away but you need to read this. If you have not read any of the books in this series start with book one. Each book delves a little further into the lives of
Shelly Roke
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Angel's back where she belongs, but...

I hope this author has a voice recognition software to dictate to that has spell and grammar check. She needs it to keep up with the demand, these books are fantastic! I know there are 10, and I'm only this far, but I already know I want more. Adam and the Warriors clean up another den of traffickers turning people into half-breeds, while the new Mayor, or old friend Defective Ferguson hooks up with our least favorite blood donor Alice to create some SERIOUS
Starla
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
D.R.Slater
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adam

Oh my god. . . this protector series is fantastic.. Not just a supernatural slash bicker romance with vamps and half breeds. You have a storyline to sink your teeth in, with adventure coming are way. Not just sex on multiple pages but warm meaningful exchanges. Worthy read, the fifth novel has a projection of pulling more reader's with a fight on the Protectors hands to keep the half breed free.
Katharine
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

This series is absolutely amazing!! Sexy strong females, strong sexy as sin alpha males,action love family....what more can you want in a Paranormal Romance read! I fell in love with each character. So excited to start next book this couple is the one I'm most excited about! A must read series :)
Rosa Maria Garcia
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivating Book

This book just keeps getting better and better as the series continues? There is so much action, humor, betrayal, family love, and so much fear, and hot steamy passion with awesome characters? This is a story that makes you feel all the emotions each and everyone of the characters are feeling? A must buy and highly recommended.
Kinzie Rose
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adam by Teresa Gableman 5 Stars

The Protectors Series is highly addictive and I am so glad I didn't find it until now. I would have been driven to become a Kathy Bates until the next book was written. Each story is unique and wastes no time pulling you in. I absolutely love this whole series!
Laurie Hopkins
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, vampire
Glad Adam decided to fight for his Angel

Humans suck, even in books. As Jax said to the mayor " look at history " Alice needs to be dead dead for starting this mess.......
Adam was able to get himself together and I think he will make a good leader for their little group. Slave needs to .....yeah. Love this series
Diane
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but it didn’t hold the level of entertainment for me as the others in the series so far.
For rating and review breakdown, please feel free to read my blog review of this book at:
Tracy Brant
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MOTHERFUCns$-€™{dvjDFNDMITCH!!

This frickin book got me so damn pumped up and pissed off that I forgot to pick my kids up from their cousins because couldn't just NOT start the next book, I had to know what was gonna happen next!! Shit, I couldn't put this down!
Gemma
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good read

Adam and Angel's story was good but not totally focused on them which I liked as Adam isn't one of the best characters. Emjoyable read and looking forward to the next book.
susan douglas
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gritty story

I love all of the protectors books ,they are a gritty story that has everything in love loss friendship ,I re-read these books again and again when I run out of a good book I will also get them in paperback.
Lee-anna Dunk
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

This is one amazing series. I can't put these books down they are so entertaining the story line is greatand keeps you turning page after page. Highly recommend this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Jake (Immortals of New Orleans Book 8)
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Dimitri (Immortals of New Orleans, #6)
  • Léopold’s Wicked Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #5)
  • Lord of Hell (The Dragon Demigods, #2)
  • Jax (Immortals of New Orleans, #7)
  • Gregor (Stone Society #2)
  • Luca's Magic Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #2)
  • Vampire Mate (Bloodline Warriors: Shadow, #1)
  • Little Lords (The Dragon Demigods, #3)
  • Rafael (Stone Society #1)
  • Lord of Fire (The Dragon Demigods, #1)
  • Hunter (Immortals of New Orleans #10)
  • Wanted By The Elven King (The Chosen, #7)
  • Quintus (Immortals of New Orleans Book 9)
  • My Gifts At Christmas (Bewitched and Bewildered, #13)
  • Kade's Dark Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #1)
  • Waging War (The Hounds of Zeus MC #1)
Teresa Gabelman is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the 'Protectors Series'. When not writing about sexy alpha vampires and the women who drive them crazy she can be found on a lake with a fishing pole/Kindle, at a MMA event or spending a fun evening with family.

Being a full-time writer has allowed Teresa to connect more with readers which is what she loves most about writin

The Protectors (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Damon (The Protectors, #1)
  • Jared (The Protectors, #2)
  • Duncan (The Protectors, #3)
  • Sid (The Protectors, #4)
  • Slade (The Protectors #6)
  • A Warrior Wedding (The Protectors, #7)
  • Jax (The Protectors #8)
  • Sloan (The Protectors, #9)
  • Blaze (The Protectors, #10)
  • Invisible Warrior (The Protectors,  #11)

News & Interviews

“Maybe she should just show up in his room…naked, screw his brains out and then leave. That should cure her of these stupid feelings. Her eyes traveled his body. Yeah, like that would happen. Plus, it wasn’t her style. She wasn’t a hoe, never been a hoe and wasn’t about to start being a hoe.” 5 likes