Start by marking “The Beats in Rift (The Bad Blood Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Beats in Rift (The Bad Blood Series, #1)

The Beats in Rift (Bad Blood #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  937 Ratings  ·  198 Reviews
I was invisible, until they saw me.

When circumstance forced me and the Jacob twins to spend two weeks of the summer together, the bond we formed would impact us all, altering our lives.
Fate, entwining us forever.
They became my best friends, my family, my first love.
With their love came their father’s hate!
Love is powerful but also painful and destructive when it’s tor
ebook
Published July 2014 (first published June 11th 2014)

KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆ "THE BEATS IN RIFT" by Ker Dukey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author "Ker Dukey" in exchange for an honest review ☆
~ THANK YOU ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

God where to start!! First off anything and I mean anything from this author you know it's going to be good!! I freaking inhaled this book!! I could not put it down!!

TWIN RIVALRY

It was almost but not quite Good versus Evil twin, he wasn't so much evil he just wanted and took what wasn't his..

At the age of thirteen when she's dragged to work
Jodi Bibliophile
The Beats in Rift by Ker Dukey

photo 10255359_10154967632645473_2008699945055065199_n.jpg

Holy fucking cum slut she's done it again!!

I've come to the conclusion that Ker could probably write any fucking thing and it would be the ballocks. You just one click those mother fuckers and you are transported into a sitting on the edge of your seat, biting your nails whist flicking your bean all the while not knowing what the fuck is going on type of world.

I loved this book from the get go. The whole high school/nerd/jock thing does it for me. I'm also Into
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
(ARC provided for honest review)

❤❤❤ ANOTHER WIN FOR KER DUKEY FANS. ❤❤❤

Twins! YAY!! Thank you Ker!!
description

In my opinion The Beats in Rift is another slam dunk for Ker Dukey. We follow a love story from youth to adulthood and it is dramatic and provocative. I love Ker's ability to make me absolutely LOVE or completely DESPISE her characters so quickly. And she's just a pure genius when it comes to creating men I CRAVE!

I found myself instantly invested in the trio. The Jacob twins Justin & Jared and
Ashleyjo
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Geez, imagine a life where whatever can go wrong goes wrong and just keeps f'ing going wrong over and over... That's this book in a nutshell.

So, twin brothers, different as day and night, fall for the same girl. When one abandons her for sins not her own fault, the other becomes her soft place to fall. But, when the other brother returns, that soft place to fall hardens with jealously & his own fears of abandonment. From there, one misunderstanding after another drives wedge after wedge bet
Annika
Jul 30, 2015 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
DNF at 45%

Verdict: annoying.
description
Booklover

This is a rushed confusing story and I had to go back to understand what I'd just read.

The story jumps weeks, months and years and it is not made clear by the author how much time had passed. Why rush a story that could have been so emotional, deep and thought provoking.
I just didn't feel any sympathy for any of the characters because the story is so rushed and I didn't have time to invest in a character and care for them, the story moved along far too quickly.

Some of the dialogue is ridiculo
Simran
Sep 05, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars!!!
*Slight spoilers ahead*

So, when I read what this book was about and how the rating for it were high I immediately thought that I would love this book.....let me tell u..I was extremely disappointed.

The story had no flow to it as far as I could tell...there were so many breaks in between...a few months, one year, two years in between and there was no indication as to when this was happening so I was confused the whole time. At least the author could have put something like "two year
Shweta Choudhary
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by ker Dukey. I loved it so much that I am always left speechless to explain what I am feeling. I never had this problem :) She gets better and better. This book is about Two brothers and Meadows. They become friends ,they start growing up and feelings develop between the. When you read the interaction of the brothers and her you will feel the love,their friendship their need. They were the heroes and of course their will be a villain. This isn't a book where you know what m ...more
Michelle

I was given an Arc for an honest review ~

Ker has produced an amazing, gripping, keep you guessing and falling for the very delicious Jacob Twins.

The Beats in Rift takes your through the lives of Meadow and her strong friendships with Justin & Jarred ~ Identical hot twins in many ways, however, one is a slam you up against the wall type of guy and the other is a hearts & flowers guy.

Meadow who starts out lost & lonely develops into a strong woman, she loves the twins and the bonds th
Vickie
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yet another fantastic book from one of my favourite authors. I love a good love triangle and The Beats in Rift didn't disappoint.
Meadow first meets twins Justin and Jared Jacobs at age 13. Poor Meadow has a bit of a rough childhood, her mum's the town whore and Meadow suffers for this. When she meets the twins they all just click and spend the next two years becoming best friends. Although she wants to be friends with one twin, it's the other that she's hot for. Finally at 15, they get together
Jan
unexpected delight.

This is an awesome read. Get ready for emotional ping pong with twin boys Jared & justin who grow up inseprable from Meadow.

Both boys love Meadow but with her love of writing music & Jareds passion for music the two are soul mates, Justin the football star takes a step back & is just happy she is happy.

Events lead to Jared leaving & Justin picks up the peices.

This is no high school love triangle though, oh no! prepare youself for whip lash with the twists &
Romance Readers Retreat
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know where to begin !! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK !!!!!
Meadow, well, she is just an amazing lead female. She is so not your typical whiney pain in the butt. She is raised by her single mother, who gave birth to her at a young age, and does all she can to not be lumped into the same category as her mother or the trash she is assumed to be. She is strong, independent and beautiful and its no wonder both boys love her to pieces. She clicks with each of the twins in different ways but one
T.A. McKay
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I tell you about this book?
I could start with the amazing story that I read. It was a love story that was just a little twisted! True love is there but life and others becomes in between it and when someone you trust lies to you to gain your feelings you just don't know what to do. I know thats sounds complicated but it isn't when you read it, it is a truly fantastic story!
I could also mention the characters. I felt they were written well, making them very well rounded and likeable
Sammy ⭐️
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: rockstar, series, 3-star

Ker Dukey is a new author for me and I've got to admit, that if it wasn't for a book signing I'm going to this year I probably wouldn't have found out how fab her books really are.

This one is definitely different from the Empathy series, but it's just as intense, with a love triangle that had my head spinning.

Meadow, Jared and Justin have been inseparable since they were 13. The Jacob Twins will do anything to protect Meadow even fight amongst themselves. As the years pass and pubert
Kelly
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jared, Meadow, and Justin….the most beautifully dysfunctional threesome ever! I’m a total fan of Ker Dukey and her Broken series, so when given the chance to read this story, I was all in. Once again, she did not disappoint, and I may just have a crush on the hottie Jacob twins.

Jared and Justin meet Meadow as young kids, when she was often dropped off and neglected by her loser of a mother, who was more interested in her flavor of the week. They soon become inseparable, and form an amazing bond
Colleen Farrell
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are not enough words to describe how much I loved this book. Ker Dukey just blew me away with her words.The story pulled me in from the very beginning.I loved Meadow she is so sweet and a great character even after the shitty start in life she has with her loser mother .The twins well what can I say,drool worthy hotness.I love how intense & alpha Jared is he just pulls you in with his sexiness. I wanted to kill him a few times but you can't stay mad at him for too long. Justin is so sw ...more
Diane Yoskowitz
☆☆☆☆☆BEATING STARS
♡♡LOVED IT!
*****Be forewarned once you start reading this book you better have nothing planned because you won't be able to put it down!  You will start reading the story thinking you know how it will unfold only to have the unexpected happened and leave you craving more page after page.  It is magnificently written in three POV Meadow's and the twins Jared & Justin.
It takes place over the span of their teenage years into adulthood, allowing us to see how Fate, Love and De
Lesley Edwards
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book.A story revolving around the children of two dysfunctional families.
Meadow and identical twins in looks but not personalities Jared and Justin.
This book had everything,happiness,sadness,so many twists and turns and bumpy rollercoaster rides.
I would recommend you to read this book I can assure you ,you won't be disappointed
Thank you Ker for another 5* read!can't wait for the next.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
5 brillant stars

Another Amazing book by ker

This book is about twin brothers & Meadow they become freinds from the age of thirteen and she loves them both bbut who does she end up with ....well you will have to read it to find out

I love stories that start when the characters are younger and you get to grow up alone with them from there pasts to there future . Amazing Read
Rebeka Duran
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rockers and Bikers mmmm YES PLEASE!
Man does this author know how do give us angst!!!

LOVED RIFT aka Jared shoot and Justin!

This was such an angsty read!
I felt all the hurt for Beats aka Meadow.
This characters were all great!
They all went through so much heart ache!
But in the end found the love they all needed and were meant for!
ahhhhhhh!!! this is just definitely a favorite book now!
Erica
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I haven't read a book in one sitting in a very long time, but The Beats in Rift have changed that. This book was excellent from the first words. Sucked me in from the very beginning and I couldn't stop. Who wouldn't want to love two extremely HOT male twins. I feel your pain Beats!

Grab this book now if you want to read about love, heartbreak, pain, psycho's, and really HOT sex!
Sarah Book Obsessed Kinnard
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book I really enjoyed it, great characters and a really excellent storyline worth every single star of the 5 stars I've rated! This is Ker's best book to date without a doubt!!! Rift will suck you in and you'll never want to let go!! He is out of this world :)
Rachel
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book, haven't had a book in this genre for a long time that I was actually looking forward to reading each night. College type age story. Sort of a love triangle but not. Would defo recommend and will check out the author's other books.
Melanie
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read. I enjoyed the journey the author took me on with this story. This book had heartbreak, first and lasting love, crazy stalker type character and alpha males a great combo for a great story.
Miri
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ker you never disappoint!! Absolutely loved this book!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ ...more
lacy
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of romance
I'll just dive right into this book. We follow the lives of Meadow (Beats), Justin and Jared (Rift). The story is kind of jumpy. It starts in the present and then goes back in the past, to how they all met. Meadow is not a very popular girl. Her mother has a reputation of sleeping around so nobody wants anything to do with Meadow. She is forced to go to work with her mom at a bar, because one of her mom's skuzzy boyfriends hurts Meadow, that is owned by Justin and Jared's uncle.

What ensues is a
Mazmum
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘If music be the food of love, play on’ stars *****

You know when you sit down with a big slab of chocolate and you promise yourself you’ll only break off a few squares, but then you look again and realise half the bar is gone. Yeah, that was me with this book. Consumed within 2 sittings (only because the hubby would have been pissed if I hadn’t gone to sleep!), I devoured this book!

The Beats in Rift tells a story of Meadow and her relationship with the Jacob twins. They meet during one summer
Surrender to Books
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘If music be the food of love, play on’ stars *****

Carmie Varela
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It seemed like another summer day that fateful morning when Meadow is thrown together with the Jacob twins, Jared and Justin. The Jacob twins and Meadow actually are in the same grade and the same school but their realms are worlds apart. Justin is a jock and uber popular at school. Jared is into music and is the quintessential bad boy which makes him very popular. Meadow is one of the kids who doesn't want to be noticed - she wants to be left in peace to write her music. You see there are a few ...more
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THE BEATS IN RIFT is a story about a beautifully tragic dysfunctional threesome: Meadow and the twins Jared and Justin. This book is raw and intense… and left me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole story.
It is a journey of love from teenager age to adulthood – along a very bumpy road, packed with loads and loads of drama and angst. Simply a real Ker Dukey novel!

So Jared and Justin first meet one summer when she is dropped off by her not-so-loving mother. Despite being completely differen
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • The Fragile Fall (Undone, #1)
  • Missing Pieces
  • Here and Now: Complete Series (Here and Now, #1-3)
  • A Fire That Burns (A Fire That Burns, #1)
  • Forever Love (Forever Love, #1-2)
  • Finally Us (True Love, #3)
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • Love's Suicide (Love's Suicide, #1)
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • Epiphany (Destined, #4)
  • My Beautiful (Lifeless, #2)
  • The Devil's Playground (Faraway, #1)
  • Hate to Love You (Love/Hate, #1)
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My adv
More about Ker Dukey...

Bad Blood (2 books)
  • Untitled (The Bad Blood Series #2)

“She’s smiling back at me, a hundred memories in her eyes.” 0 likes
“rambled on about some president called Jax and how she wanted to ride him reversed cow girl, at” 0 likes