Start by marking “Unintentional (Intentional #2)” as Want to Read:
Unintentional (Intentional #2)

Read Book

Unintentional

(Intentional #2)

I don’t want to hear about how happy she is, how everything turned out just the way it should have. Well, it didn’t. She should have been with me.

Cade, the gorgeous song man, has every reason to steer clear of commitment and train his soulful eyes, killer dimples, and sexy voice on every beauty swaying to his band. So why is it that he finds himself truly, deeply and unin
Published May 23rd 2014 by M.K. Harkins

To ask other readers questions about Unintentional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unintentional

Nancy Thompson
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m a tough reader. I can’t help it. I’m slow with little time to do it, so I have to choose my material wisely. If a book doesn’t grab me, like, instantly, if the writing is mediocre, if the voice doesn’t quite fit, then I toss that book like a hot tamale. I won’t review it, because, for the most part, I don’t review books I don’t like or finish. Obviously, since I’ve posted this review, you’ve come to realize, Unintentional is NONE of those things.

First, let me start by saying I read Harkins’

First and foremost I need to Thank M.K. Harkins for giving me the honor of beta reading this book for her.

I have to say in all honesty….I LOVED this book!!!!! I actually liked it even more then Intentional. I thought this book flowed very well and I loved how she switched off the POV's during the chapters. I felt we got the full feeling of the story that way. This book is listed as a standalone and I truly believe it can be read as one. The author does a wonderful job of recapping the end of Int
Angela
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Unintentional is the second book in the Intentional series by M.K Harkins. I absolutely loved Intentional (Book #1) and was both happy and sad at the end of the book- happy because Mattie and Jeremy found their happiness- but sad because Cade was hurt in the process. I really loved him in that book- so I was really excited to find that he would get his own story and a chance to find happiness, once more. I did have a lot of expectation and knowing how the story had ended in book one I fel
Renee
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
oooooh my best page was the last one where it says in book 3....OH MY and no cliffhanger just more of these great characters to love

Another great book and ya know on the last page it says there will be a book 3. NO cliffhanger either! Just more of the characters we love and those we love to hate.

clapping eee 3366097What you get in book 2 is the continuation of a few characters so there is familiarity. Loving Jeremy and Mattie in book one brings them back for a few memorable scenes. This one is
Sara Marion
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books
Oh...my...goodness!!! Ms. Harkins has done it again! First of all, I have to thank her for letting me be a beta reader!!

I was hooked on this series since the release of Intentional. I had always been a Cade fan and when she said Cade's story would continue I was thrilled! I patiently waited as she pieced it together and she did not disappoint! Cade stole my heart once more, but I also found myself falling in love with the other characters, especially Scott! There was just something about him...

I
JA
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I feel so Blessed to have been a beta reader for this book. I fell hard for Cade in Intentional but he stole my heart complete in Unintentional. His story is touching and will move you deeply.We also get to met up with Mattie and Jeremy in this book and see how life has changed for them with Cade in the background and his music career taking off.I don't want to give anything away but believe me when I say this is a MUST READ!
Ruthie Manier
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I must admit I picked this book for the cover. The story pulled me in right away but then it steered off just about the time I was getting used to the first relationship. I liked the story and will probably read the next book because this one left me wondering who Sophia will choose and will Scott get with the younger sister? I like a little more sizzle in my books and this wasn't what I had expected in that area but a good story all the same.
Maura
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Book 2 of the "Intentional Series" and I highly recommend reading book 1 first.

I enjoyed UNINTENTIONAL better than the 1st book. I am so glad that this book was written. I had expectations of how it was all going to play out and because this is a spoiler free review I will not go any further with that thought.

I enjoy the way this author writes. The story flows well and takes its twists and turns smoothly and purposefully. Characters were well developed and all of my questions are satisfi
Jody
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not having read Ms. Harkins previous book I had no idea what to expect with this new release but as I'm obsessed with rock star romances I dove right in and immediately became immersed in a delightfully sexy yet heartbreaking story full of intense emotions and witty, rapid-fire dialogue. With headstrong main characters and memorable secondary ones this story was a quick yet immensely satisfying read that has me panting for more.

With a quick and nicely integrated opening sequence that addresses w
Kendra Lola Kay
What a heart-stopping, breath-taking, hilarious and don’t forget, swooning-all-over-the-place read!!!

I absolutely could not wait to read this book! When I was asked to be a beta reader, I think my screams of joy and gratitude could be heard down the street. That is how excited I was for this book and the opportunity.

When I read Intentional, I knew Cade would be trouble. He simply stole my heart which ended up breaking my heart. How is that even possible??? Well, MK Harkins manages to do th
Amy McGlone
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I met M.K. Harkins nearly a year ago when Intentional was still a newbie, she took a chance on a new blogger and asked me to read it. I fell in love with her writing style, with the amazing story she was writing, and this guy - Cade.

Cade is a simple guy. He loves his music, loves his friends and bandmates. He doesn't have much of a need for anything more. However, when he finds himself on the outside of a Love, so real and so rare, he's jealous and he wants it for himself. Now tending to a brok
Leigh Broxton
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cade is still trying to get over Mattie. It's really hard for him and he just can't seem to do anything. After his friend/band member comes over to pull him out of the funk he's in, he decides to just go with it. That's when he meets Laurel. Laurel is a music agent that is interested in signing Hard Reign. Too bad that's not what Cade thinks Laurel and her assistant are. So, they start off on the wrong foot.
After things are sort of smoothed over, Cade tells her that he isn't ready to advance in
Karen Harper
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Intentional not long after it came out and then again, when it was re-edited. Why? Because I loved that book. However, I was always Team Jeremy and to say I was relieved that Mattie chose Jeremy over Cade was an understatement. Don’t get me started on the rest of the story.
You might be wondering why I am talking about Jeremy versus Cade, but there is a reason. I think I may have changed teams. No, not that one, but I am now Team Jeremy!
Whereas I was annoyed with Cade in Intentional, I ha
Lisa
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The fallout from the events of Intentional continues here as Mattie's decision leaves Cade devastated and alone. There is a recap of events from Intentional as there is a cross over in timelines.

Laurel is a music agent set to sign Cade's band. Despite the instant attraction between Laurel and Cade neither will take the next step. Laurel wants to keep her professional and personal lives separate; while Cade is struggling to get over losing Mattie and his broken heart. The way that Cade makes her
Dawn
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
YES! Cade's story was wonderful!! I had hoped that Cade and Mattie would end up together in Intentional, but after reading Unintentional I know that he ended up with the right woman for him. He quickly became a favorite of mine! This book was full of ups and downs, and a few surprises. Cade's heart is bruised after Mattie chose Jeremy, and then he meets Laurel. Their feelings for each other develop quickly, and surprise both of them. Because of their business relationship having an intimate rela ...more
Francis
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, romance
Once again we meet MK Harkins in another wonderful novel.

Do you remember Cade? A gorgeous tattooed musician with brains, a bad boy vibe, soulful eyes, adorable dimples, and a scorching voice?? Yes, that Cade we all fell in love with in Intentional. Remember how he was apparently in love with Mattie and tried his best to win her over Jeremy, but alas, it was not meant to be.

After wallowing in sorrow and alcohol, a surprise encounter with two beautiful women lead Cade to a fantastic musical opport
Rhonda Campbell
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha, hot-rockers
Great book! I expected this to start where the first book left off, but was pleasantly surprised to get Cade's POV of from where he entered the first book. This allows you to read this as a stand alone. Although I recommend reading them in order because the first book was also great and this will just make you want to read the first!

Cade is a hot, tattooed singer/engineer. Super smart and talented, he has you wondering how anyone could choose someone else over him. Not good at rejection, he pus
Librarian Judith
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
This is the sequel to the author's debut novel and does a wonderful job of following up with Cade after Mattie leaves him to go back to Jeremy. Even though it is a sequel, I feel the book can be read as a standalone because even though it refers back to the events in the first book, it's not dependent on them.

The real weakness to me is the first person present point of view...and especially when it is used with more than one character. It took me a while to get into that way of writing.

It was in
Amy
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book for an honest review!

This book was awesome after finishing book one I wondered what would happen with Cade and Laurel. I learned how much they wanted eachother but he made a rule of one year after all the suffering, the deal was Laurel could sign them in one year. There was another lady almost to sign them. Laurel worked so hard for the band and they were really good friends who both wanted more but didn't know how to explain it. Anyway they were still close to Mattie and Jeremy.
Leandra Bright
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say I don't think this book was as good as the first, but it was definetly an enjoyable read. I fell in love with Mattie and Cade from the first book. It was awesome to hear Cade's side of the story. I always wanted him and Mattie to end up together, but if he couldn't be with Mattie, Laurel would be my next pick. Laurel is a feisty and brave upcoming music agent. She has no intention of being in a relationship, much less falling for rocker Cade. When Cade and Laurel meet the firewor ...more
Renee
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book for an honest review

I am so glad that Cades story was continued. While I loved Cafe in Intentional, he stole my heart in Unintentional. His story was emotional and soul stirring. We also get to see Jeremy and Mattie and see how life has changed for them so far.

Cades a rock and roll guy a hot guy in a band and totally swoon worthy. Laurel is a girl who wants Cade....well at least a contract for his band. I love Cade and Laurel and how their story developed Cade teaches Lau
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series, Intentional, and loved it. So I settled in to love this one as well. And I certainly wasn't disappointed! I loved this one even more! Cade is a wonderful character, the bad boy façade with the compassionate soul most girls dream of. I felt like Cade's best friend, watching him dust himself off after a painful break up, commit to someone new, and court her until the end. This book is a refreshing take on what it means to know what you want and go for it, to b ...more
Bari Blair Julander
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing for Book Worms
I'm giving this book 5 stars because it was fantastic! I liked this book even more then the first book in the intentional series. This book sucked me in from start to finish. Very well written, good clean romance with just a little spice without going to far! ( I still love me some spice! ;) ) big change from the first book Intentional. This was not near as predictable, and kept me on my toes! There was nothing I didn't enjoy about this grate story. I do have to say that
Amanda Wise
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review:
Another great, clean book! After reading the first book, I thought I would be able to easily guess the ending of this one-but nope! This story follows where book one left off, but from Cade & Laurel's point of view. We also get to follow up with Mattie & Jeremy-an added bonus! This book deals with the uncertanty of love, business rivals & true friendship. It kept me intrugued all the way to the end & left me ready for the next
Naomi Connor
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic 2nd book…If im honest I loved this one more than Intentional, maybe because it was Cades book.

Cade is still trying to come to terms with loosing Mattie, he has taken time out of doing both jobs and is drinking away his days. Laurel loves his music and it doesn’t hurt that he is easy on the eye either she wants to sign them. Their first meeting doesn’t go to plan and there is a huge misunderstanding which leads to Cade having to apologize the following day which then leads to THE EXPERE
Maria Corrado
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series. I loved it. First the characters are more developed and have more depth. Laurel is a force of nature and it's easy to relate to her. Second the writing is better more dialog and interaction between the characters. Third the"evil" character is a better unique twist. Thoughts by the unknown character are different and makes the story more interesting. This is a great addition to the series.
judy l. smith
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable read.

I enjoyed the depth of emotion in this story. I loved the characters, they were so well developed that it was easy to visualize them. Great story that unfolds over time. Well written and very easy to follow. I will definitely be reading more in this series. Highly recommended author.
Pennie
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me to read for review. It is a page turner and keeps you on the edge. I really enjoyed reading this book. I cried. I laughed and I screamed. It's rare to find that one true love in your life and for M.K Harkins to write about it the way she can it astounding. Truly a wonderful and enjoyable read.
Jackie O'Donnell
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I was expecting. It was so much better! I had won this book in a contest. Thank you M.K.! I liked the book so much that I am passing it around to my friends who are enjoying it as well. I can not wait to read what else you have written. Thank you so much for introducing me to your books.
Jenna Schmitt
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cade can't move on from Mattie then he has an uncontrollable pull towards Laurel, only problem is they are noe working together and can't cross the line. Lots of twists and turns and I enjoyed the chase between the two and the cameos made my Mattie and Jeremy from book 1.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Secrets of a Courtesan (The Brides of Fortune #0.5)
  • The Brotherhood (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure (Hired: For the Boss's Pleasure, #3)
  • No Way to Begin
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • When You Believe (Believe Trilogy, #1)
  • Heart Strings: The Devon Stone Prequel (The Lust List: Miles Riot #1)
  • Better Than Okay (Love Always #1)
  • Ache (Punk, #1)
  • In Bed With The Devil (Millionaire of the Month #6)
  • Mondspiel
  • The Valiant Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Lady of Valor (Warrior, #3)
  • Trouble: Rob & Sabrina's Story (Trouble, #1-3)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
MK has always been a voracious reader. After hitting a dry spell of reading material, she decided to write the kind of book she'd like to read. This resulted in the creation of her debut novel, Intentional. (Award for Best Sweet Romance - eFestival of Words- August 2014)

Unintentional, her second book, is based on the life of one of the characters in Intentional. Unintentional was written as a stan

Intentional (2 books)