Start by marking “Project Elfhome (Elfhome, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Project Elfhome (Elfhome, #4.5)

Project Elfhome

(Elfhome #4.5)

Stories exploring the fascinating realm of Elfhome, a world where modern day Pittsburgh has collided with the kingdom of the Elves. A special entry in the the best-selling Romantic Times Sapphire award winning Elfhome series. Contains some of Wen Spencer's best shorter works including gems "Bare Snow Falling on Fairywood," "Pittsburgh Backyard and Garden," "Peace Offering, ...more
Published September 6th 2016 by Baen Books

To ask other readers questions about Project Elfhome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Elfhome

Sebastian
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the eArc.
Its a nice collection of short stories. I believe it does include all prior short storys, so you dont have to go search for them, but there are also a lot of new ones.
There are some storys about the childhoods of some the elfs (Windwolf,....) which were quite interesting and we finally have a continuation of the older ones like PB&G. It gets the different side storylines up to date.
You will defenetly enjoy this one if you like any of books.
Beth
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hardcover read September 10, 2016
1st Read June 16 , 2016
So nice to have all the shorts I knew previously combined into one book! Then getting the sequel to PB&G and Peace Offering then the first chapter of Harbinger? Wow.
Only problem is I want Harbinger ASAP.
Re-read:
Olga Godim
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-scifi
Wen Spencer is one of my favorite fantasy writers. Her Elfhome series, which started with Tinker, resonates deep inside me. I love her multifaceted characters. I love her original world building. And this book fits into my love like chocolate fits a cake. Sweet and satisfying.
The book is a collection of shorter works from the author’s Elfhome universe. Some of those works are short stories. Others longer novellas. Still others are as brief as flash fiction or even drabbles. It is like the author
Dan
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Better than I had expected, generally collections of short stories never seem to approach the quality of a dedicated novel. These almost did. 4.5 stars!
Elizabeth
Have loved this world since Tinker and Wolf Who Rules met

Confession, I enjoy Wen's stories so much that I bought the eARC so I can read them asap, then the ebook since it's portable, the paper version so I have backup and the audio version because it never fails to surprise me to hear something that I don't remember reading.

This is a very nice compilation of Elfhome stories ranging the time line from past to current with a hint of the potential future. Some of the stories have been previously r
Tineke
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I discovered Wen Spencer's Elfhome series through a recommendation in one of the comments on Ilona Andrew's blog. The mix of fantasy (think graceful, long-lived and long-haired elves), urban fantasy (the series takes place in our near future) and science fiction (think space ships) sounded intriguing, so I decided to try the sample chapter on Amazon. I got sucked in the story - even though the beginning of Tinker seemed a little bit strange - and immediately bought the first three novels. I'm ha ...more
Chris
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining collection of shorts and drabbles that expand on and tie up some loose ends from the four (so far) main books.
Kathy Martin
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a set of interconnected stories which highlight characters who are not the main characters in the rest of the Elfhome series. The three main characters around whom the stories revolve are all human women. Law and Jane were born in Pittsburgh and have grown up with it being part of Elfhome. Olivia is a sixteen-year-old runaway from Earth who is trying to get as far away from her abusive husband as possible.

Some of the main characters from the other books make brief appearances in this bo
Mercurybard
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, lgbt
Wen Spencer is From the Internet and this collection of short stories, novellas, and drabbles (yes, drabbles) proves it.

Highlights include Windwolf and Stormsong meeting Pony on the day of his birth (spoiler alert: Pony pees on Windwolf), Usagi's home for illegal immigrants & their half-elf babies, the first appearance of the Water Clan, and the absolutely hilarious Pittsburgh Backyard & Garden novella. I thought I was going to rupture something, I was laughing so hard.

For a series takin
Carolyn F.
Because I love to complain - I will start off with I HATE THE COVER! This author's Elfhome books usually have these wonderful illustrations (not always true to the book but then again I'm a complainer so what did you expect). However this is like a frat party gone bad cover. The guy with his hands in the air looks especially stupid.

The description of this book kind of confused me because it said it was short stories but the author must have turned the short stories into a longer narrative while
Debrac2014
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
E-arc! Good read! I enjoyed the behind the scenes stories!

Reread! I enjoyed rereading Chased by Monsters and Harbinger! Good collection of stories!
Brian Palmer
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2017, anthology
This is a collection of stories set in the author's Elfhome universe which serve to tie together events (and possibly fix plotholes) in the preceding books. Most of them were reasonably good - quite a few featured new characters who seem to suit the series; none of the stories struck me as amazing.

I found two stories, "Peace Offering" and "Price of Peace," slightly curious. In the books, a character, Forest Moss, was introduced with a tragic backstory -- he was an elven mage who was one of the f
Cecelia
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Project Elfhome is a series of short stories/novellas set in the world introduced with the novel Tinker. Some of Spencer's fans may have already read many of the stories included in this title, but the new material adds to some of the stories and develops the characters presented in the previous stories. I especially liked the fact that even though I had an idea where some of the stories would or could go, Spencer still surprised me, and always in a good way. My only complaint is a minor one, wh ...more
Susan
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans
This is a collection of short stories, novellas and musings from the author all set in Pittsburgh/Elfhome. The first thing I ever read written by Wen Spencer is the novella "Pittsburgh Backyard and Garden" when it was posted on the Baen Books website back in 2014. I loved the story and decided that at some point I would read Tinker and the other books in the Elfhome series. This year I have finally kept that promise to myself and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The stories in Project Elfhom ...more
Bungluna
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This a series that requires reading in order, particularly since the author takes pains in developing bits from previous books in later ones.

Thus, having this collection of previously published and new short stories and novellas gathered in one place and in chronological order is a delicious treat for fans of the Elfhome universe.

I very much enjoyed reading about secondary characters in this world and finding out how they played their part in the background of the original novels. There is very
Nicola Pike
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I'm not one who usually likes short stories but I love this series and I've read everything I could get my hands on from this series. I was pleasantly surprised. The book is vaguely set out in chronological order and all those short stories that finished too quickly have been extended and now fill in gaps between stories. If there was a unifying thread it could have easily been another book but because all the stories come from all over the time line it couldn't be another novel.

Also the author
Jen
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Urban fantasy/paranormal/Fae
went mad and splurged on the arc version of this ... couldnt wait!!!

anyway loved loved loved it, many short stories and some I had already purchased and some I had read as freebies on Baen but still .... TOTALLY worth it. More of Olivia and Forestmoss and more of Nigel, Hal Jane and Taggart and the frist chapter/few pages of Harbringer that apparently have been floating around but I some how missed >.>
Loved the way that all the stories weave in and out of the main story all the oooh thats
Lyssa Sue Shaffer
Read Tinker first if you don't know this series. If you do know it I don't have to say anything more, grin.

I list this series among my all time favorite books. Right next to McCaffrey's Pern and Henderson's People. I cannot get enough. I opened the cover and disappeared from the travails of this world. I fell in and gobbled my way thru. Burp!!

Tasty, fun, intelligent, consuming. Everything that the best books should be. I want more, I want more yesterday.

Wen, ma'am, please write faster. I need
Brian Kenney
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of short stories and novellas set in Wen Spencer's Elfhome universe, which consists of the books "Tinker", "Wolf Who Rules", "Elfhome", and "Wood Sprites". The short stories and novellas all tie together with each other and the previous books in the series quite well, telling about the same events from another perspective and deepening the world view. Some of the stories have been previously published. "Pittsburg Backyard & Garden" and its sequel "Chased by Monsters" wer ...more
Melody
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read for Elfhome fans. These short and not so short stories tie all the books together. Many new details are learned about old characters and many new oh so likeable new characters are introduced. You find out who else helped Wolf wind when he met Tinker, where Wind Wolf was when Tinker confronted her shadow, how Joey Shoji was freed from the Oni, where other of Esme and Tristan's siblings are and many more important details.
Three of the stories have romances one including Forest
Sara
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually a fan of short stories but this was a good book. I loved reading about the characters I had grown to love in her other books. I went back and re-read the other stories because I enjoyed how they tied into one another. However you can read this as a stand alone short story book and not be disappointed.
Jamie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great addition to the Elfhome series! I had read a few of the short stories before, and I love the additional snippets and stories that have been added to this collection. They bring more depth to the world of Elfhome. Now I really can't wait for the next book in the series!

I received this book free through a Goodreads Giveaway.
Anna Marie
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book contains short stories and even shorter items, scenes and "drabbles". Definitely should be read after books 1 - 4 in the series if you don't like spoilers. If you don't mind, go for it, you'll like it.
Adrianne
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of stories and novellas featuring various characters in the Tinker/Elfhome world. Some of these have been previously published in various places. Some of them are completely new. Each one is a gem, written with Spencer's usual mix of humor and tension.
Llechatton
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pittsburgh Elfhome stories are wonderful

No Spoilers. I'm so glad that there was another Law and Bare Snow story here. These are great stories fleshing out people who live around Tinker. If you love Elfhome you have to pick up this book.
Beth
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exceeded expectations. The stories were good, and it had an arc in the history of Elfhome.
****
Held up to rereading.
Michael
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great addition to the Elfhome series. it expands several previous short stories and adds much new material to the series featuring characters outside the main plotline.
Shanese
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the E-ARC and loved it! I am so looking forward to the next book in this series.
Karen Crotz
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wanted more

Loved the stories and wished there were more. My only complaint is some of the stories were too short and left you wanting more.
Robert
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I doing like sort stories, but this book contains a number of decent length, exciting novellas to make it worth reading for them alone, while the shorter pieces fill in a number of gaps. While I realise this series is based on far action which necessarily involves some violence, I am becoming increasingly disturbed by the gun culture - I felt very uncomfortable with the little boy, who I think was 8 years old but who was proficient with firearms. In fact, he never has to fire in the story, but i ...more

• The Exiled Blade (The Assassini, #3)
  • Star Mage (The Enslaved Chronicles, #3)
  • The Wind-Witch (Warhorse of Esdragon, #2)
  • Strikeforce (Skyship Academy, #3)
  • Liaden Universe Constellation: Volume III
  • Warrior Reborn (Warrior, #2)
  • Dragon and Liberator (Dragonback, #6)
  • Gifted Apprentice
  • The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies #1, Valdemar #43)
  • Cupcakes, Diaries, and Rotten Inquiries (Annie Graceland Mystery #5)
  • Golden Age and Other Stories
  • Chicks and Balances (Chicks in Chainmail, #6)
  • Stories of the Raksura, Volume 2: The Dead City & The Dark Earth Below
  • Nights of the Round Table and Other Stories of Heroic Fantasy
John W. Campbell Award Winner Wen Spencer resides in paradise in Hilo, Hawaii with two volcanoes overlooking her home. Spencer says that she often wakes up and exclaims "Oh my god, I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific!" This, says Spencer, is a far cry from her twenty years of living in land-locked Pittsburgh.

The Elfhome series opener, Tinker, won the 2003 Sapphire Award for Best Scien

Elfhome (5 books)
  • Tinker (Elfhome, #1)
  • Wolf Who Rules (Elfhome, #2)
  • Elfhome (Elfhome, #3)
  • Wood Sprites (Elfhome, #4)
  • Harbinger (Elfhome #5)