Start by marking “Into Darkness (Night Prowler, #6)” as Want to Read:
Into Darkness (Night Prowler, #6)

Into Darkness

(Night Prowler #6)

In New Vienna, capital of the oppressive global government formed after the Flash, three things are certain: the sun is poisonous, speaking out is dangerous, and being different will get you killed.

And Lumina Bohn is extraordinarily different.

Living in terror of discovery, Lu knows nothing of her past?but she knows she must pretend to be human to survive. When an incident
Published October 21st 2014 by Montlake Romance

Mskychick
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I'm so sad that this is the last book of the wonderful Night Prowler series!!! It's a wonderful send-off, but really, I DON'T WANT IT TO END!
Book 6 wraps up the Night Prowler world of the Ikati in a big and bold way. I love Geissinger's writing style. It reached into my chest and gripped my heart tightly while I read, and deftly ratcheted the tension over and over.

Most poignant quotes:
Her heart on fire, Lu thought, I would die for you. She didn’t know it then, but that simple, impassioned though
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
What a nice conclusion. When I read the synopsis, I kinda thought completely new characters and didn't think any of the previous characters (necessarily) would make an appearance. We do see previous characters (yay!) and Lumina isn't the new character I first thought she was (I should have picked up who she was sooner, but it's been a year since I read the previous book!). This takes place 24 (let's just say 25 years since it opens on Dec 25th 2037) after the events of the previous book.
The dia
KathyAnne
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic finale to this series and definitely not what I expected! The story jumps ahead into the future a couple of decades where the world has been forever changed. It was a nice trick by the author because I was totally sucked into the story and wondering... What in the heck happened that everything ended up in the way it did?!?!
The twins, Hope and Honor, are now all grown up but the focus of the story is primarily on Hope who grows up not knowing who or what she is and always in hidi
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
Rating: 3/5
Heat Rating: 3/5
Narrator Performance: 3/5

While this provides a satisfactory end to the series the book itself wasn't as good as I had hoped it'd be. There were some issues that really bother me. Specifically the amount of what I consider editing or continuity mistakes. It was almost as if Geissinger's writing style changed. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but to do so in the middle of a series is strange. In the previous books in the series when talking about people in power the a
Ashley
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*listened to audiobook*

This was a great shifter series. I loved how this last book was about twenty years into the future and had a happy ending.
Mel
I finished this series in one weekend. Wish there was more to come.
Sandy S
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 21, 2014

And Lumina Bohn is extraordinarily different.

Living in terror of discovery, Lu knows nothing of her past but she knows she must pretend to be human to survive. When an incident at work triggers her astonishing powers, she becomes the target of an internatio
Lorna
Do you like dark paranormal reads? Enjoy a great romance, with a backdrop of extreme adventure and danger? If so then this series is one you need to read. This is the fifth and final installment of the Night Prowler series, and as much as I loved each book, I certainly had no idea how it would all end. Each of these books feature one couple, and the couple is always part of a story full of danger at every turn. To end this series just by featuring another couple, made me wonder if that would be ...more
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Into Darkness is the final story of the Night Prowler series. The story starts off 25 years into the future after the McLoughlin twins Hope and Honor and the parents Leander and Jenna demonstrate there immense power by the destroying the entire Expurgarti religious zealots who wanted to exterminate the entire Ikarti race. This is now know as The Flash. The Ikarti is a race of Shifter beings that date back over 3000 years and more. They have many supernatural gifts.

The story is mostly centered o
Diane Lynch
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Into Darkness (Night Prowler #6) by J.T. Geissinger I loved Into Darkness, J.T. Geissinger’s sixth book in the Night Prowler Series.  Lumina Bohn needs to hide that fact that she is not human.  Her powers are revealed, and she escapes with the help of fellow Aberrant Magnus.  This paranormal shapeshifter romance takes place in the dystopia future in the year 2037, twenty-four years after book five, which took place in 2013.  The story is suitable for adult audiences.

J.T. Geissinger did a fantas
Krista
Nov 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
I've only read the first book in this series ("Shadow's Edge") and now this one.

I would not recommend this book unless someone is specifically looking for a paranormal/fantasy romance with some female-friendly smut. Even then, I'd let them know that the smut isn't until the very, very end of the book and they'd have to endure all the other writing to get to it.

Pros: Jumping forward in time was interesting, and you start off intrigued to know what's given the world a post-apocalyptic atmosphere.
Diane Lynch
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Into Darkness, J.T. Geissinger’s sixth book in the Night Prowler Series. Lumina Bohn needs to hide that fact that she is not human. Her powers are revealed, and she escapes with the help of fellow Aberrant Magnus. This paranormal shapeshifter romance takes place in the dystopia future in the year 2037, twenty-four years after book five, which took place in 2013. The story is suitable for adult audiences.

J.T. Geissinger did a fantastic job depicting the world after the chaos that occurred
Night Goddess
J.T. Geissinger really outdid herself with this one. Which is great because I was kinda worried after reading Darkness Bound. Not that I didn't enjoy it. The ending was just what the title said it was, extremely dark and it left me all messed up. I didn't know what to expect or how this series would play out but I was not at all disappointed. This entire series was EPIC and the finale was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I am always sad to see a series I love end but I am also looking forward to reading a ...more
Paula
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-paranormal
A perfect end to an absolutely fantastic series. JT Geissinger created an amazing world and I have loved every single book, I'll miss this one!
Heather Emery
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book. The characters were well developed and the plot kept you interested until the end.
Justine Schauer (Book Catharsis)
At first I had some trouble getting into this one. It beings with journal entries and is much further in the future than the previous 5 books. I was beginning to worry it would have a totally different feel and I wouldn't get the closure I wanted. After a few of the entries, it went back to normal format and the entries helped to paint a picture of the life of Lu, so you could better understand her background, so I was grateful for them.

I thought this book was an exciting, emotional and beautifu
Shantie
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crystal
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series as a whole was entertaining. There were plenty of things that I could complain about if I wanted to nit pick, but I won’t because I like the author’s overall style and I was entertained.

I do, however, wish she’d come up with a few new ways to describe the level of anger (she went thermonuclear) and a few other repetitive similes and metaphors. She has a handful of favs that have been in every one of her books, not just this series. That takes me out of the story because not every cha
Brianna
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ending..?

As much as I enjoyed this series, this final book really infuriates me. It almost feels like it was written by some one else who does not have the inside knowledge of the world this takes place in. Granted I know that is not the case, this book has many places that is rushed and tripped over by itself that just make it not as enjoyable as the others in the series. I'm not happy with the way it ended. But I love the way you can just become immersed in the characters. Perhaps that's why?
Loretta Johnson
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not a series book reader, this series may change your mind!

I don't usually read books that come in series because I'm impatient. This series was awesome. I started it and couldn't stop until the end. I was fascinated by the characters and their shifting abilities. The author made the story seem so real. The plots were well thought out and I loved that the author took time in each book to remark on past characters so that you knew what happened to them. I didn't want it to end.
Mickey
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Fitting end to an to an outstanding series! Fast-paced, with finely etched character development and eloquent dialogue, Into Darkness exceeded all of my expectations. I loved how Ms. Geissinger wove characters from the previous five installments into this final novel, bringing everything together not so much nicely as justly. It was the perfect ending for ALL involved....
Anne Marcelline
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy endings

That you for this great conclusion to this exciting series. Thai you for allowing me to live in this fantastic world of the night prowler. None of it was boring! So much food for thought in a world, our world that is always filled with ups and downs. Exciting displays of LOVE. Where Hope, faith, belief, prayer and true love produces the best results!
Sophia Lowe
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is bar far one of the best series I have read. The story and characters were so well developed and I am so happy the author was able to give us an amazing realistically happy ending (no small feat)!
Natalie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Into Darkness

A phenomenal ending. I imagined it would be like this, but reading it and seeing it play out was epic. I'm glad the grand minister died and the albino was no more. This was amazing.
Theresa
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I stuck with this book through the beginning... I felt like I switched to the Hunger Games for a little while. But the end was worth getting through the slow beginning.
BooksSaveMe
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have truly loved everything about this series this book was amazing and I’m sad to say goodbye to the beautifully written Night Prowlers!
Mrs D
Book 6, set 25 years in the future, brings the Night Prowler series to a wonderfully dramatic, unexpected conclusion. 5 stars, well deserved.
Christine McCormick
Great finale

The fifth book was as good as the first four. I hated putting it down. Amazing concept and written well
Lynne
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Starts out as a thorough dystopia. Nice finish to the series, ending it this way. Of course, it's still a romance, so you can imagine it doesn't end as dystopia.
Zita
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-arcs
An amazing and awesome ending to the series!

This is the sixth and final book in the Night Prowler series and should be read in series order.

The attack on Brazil at the end of the last book was catastrophic enough to set off a chain reaction in the world’s political systems that changed everything including the global environment. Twenty-five years have passed and the world is dystopian in nature. The Ikati are scattered, in hiding or captured prisoners.

Magnus is the alpha of the only remaining
  • A Highland Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #15)
  • Call of the Siren (Demons of Infernum, #4)
  • Storm Force (Omega Force, #1)
  • Night's Blaze: Part 3
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Out of Control (The Sentinels, #0.5)
  • Skin Deep
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • Wolf Trouble (SWAT, #2)
  • The Wicked (The Magical Sword, #2)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
  • Savage Chains (Men in Chains, #1.5-1.7)
  • Heart Mates (Pull Of The Moon, #2)
  • Twilight Hunter (Execution Underground, #1)
  • Bella Mia (Darkness, #3)
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
J.T. Geissinger is a bestselling author of emotionally charged romance and women’s fiction. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold more than one million copies and been translated into several languages.

Meet JTG in her private reader group on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3

Night Prowler (6 books)
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
  • Edge of Oblivion (Night Prowler, #2)
  • Rapture's Edge (Night Prowler, #3)
  • Edge of Darkness (Night Prowler, #4)
  • Darkness Bound (Night Prowler, #5)
“Guilt and shame are wasted emotions, only ever useful for what they can teach us. Learn what you can, then let the rest go, because if you allow guilt to sink its claws in you, you’ll never be free of it.” 0 likes
“There is no death, only a change of worlds.” 0 likes