Start by marking “Never Surrender to a Scoundrel (One Scandalous Season, #3)” as Want to Read:
Never Surrender to a Scoundrel (One Scandalous Season, #3)

Never Surrender to a Scoundrel

(One Scandalous Season #3)

A Reckless Desire ...
Lady Clarissa Bevington is in trouble. A reckless indiscretion has left her with two choices: ruin her family with the scandal of the Season, or marry Mr. Kincraig, the notorious scoundrel mistaken as her lover. Desperate and disgraced, Clarissa vows to love and cherish a veritable stranger, a man whose eyes smolder with danger—and undeniable desire...
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 27th 2015 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Never Surrender to a Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Surrender to a Scoundrel

Start your review of Never Surrender to a Scoundrel (One Scandalous Season, #3)
Lover of Romance
Lady Clarissa, fell in love with a man that she met in secret, and she knows she will marry him. But then he betrays her and marries another woman, and she is pregnant, and when she turns to a family friend, Lord Donovan Blackmer, for comfort, they end up compromised and they are forced to marry. Donovan works as a spy for the crown, and for the past few years has kept his profile low and protected Clarissa's grandfather. But when he is offered a prestigious position that is a dream come true ...more
Becca
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After a rough and confusing beginning, this book proved to be a real gem, which parallels the experiences of the main characters!

I almost didn't keep reading this book in the first 5%. I have never read Lily Dalton before, and this was the first book I could get my hands on even though it is the third in her new series. Be warned that if you haven't been reading the other books in the series, the opening chapter will confuse the hell out of you. However, if you get passed the crazy name-dropping
Michelle
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to a wonderfully romantic series! Plenty of suspense and secrets to make a mystery lover such as myself happy. I love the romance between Clarissa and Dominick. It started out kind of rough because of their circumstances but turned into something real and very sweet! Seeing all of the characters at the end brought complete joy to my heart.

Definitely recommend this series!

Note: I'm not sure why in the description it says Lord Donovan because I'm really sure its Dominick.
SidneyKay
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-regency
4 Stars

Never Surrender to a Scoundrel picks up right where its prequel, Never Entice an Earl, ends and throws readers into an entertaining romance between two unlikely characters. While I have enjoyed the other books in this series, this one is easily my favorite and really shows how Lily Dalton has grown as an author.

Readers of this series will be familiar with the rakish Mr. Kincraig who is the long-lost heir to the Wolverton estate. Now his true identity as an agent of the crown trying to
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lily Dalton. In book three of her Scandalous Season Series Ms. Dalton offers us a wonderful story of desire and deliverance.. A story full of sacrifice and self fulfillment.. In short, the best book in her series as of yet.

Lady Clarissa Bevington the youngest of the Bevington sisters has finally made her debut and has grand plans for her debut ball.. She is young, rather rich, beautiful, sweet
Julie
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My review for Never Surrender to a Scoundrel will be featured on Romancing the Book Blog later this month.
Jenny Q
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dominick Blackmer has just finished a punitive undercover body guard assignment for the Crown, finally earning his way back into the intelligence agency's good graces years after a disastrous mission that resulted in the death of his first wife. He has only to make it through Lady Clarissa Bevington's coming-out ball, and then he's off to throw himself back into the world of international intrigue. But fate has a different plan.

Clarissa has been dreaming of her society debut for months, planning
Maggie
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Lily Dalton's historical romances and although I would say the first book in this series i my favorite, Never Surrender to a Scoundrel is very close to taking its place. My issue with the other two books in the series has been with my doubt over how well some of the actions and thoughts of the character match the time period, but I felt that less here and really I just enjoyed the characters and the story immensely.

Clarissa is the youngest Bevington sister and it's her turn to
Farrah
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An utterly delightful, charmingly lovely historical romance, Never Surrender to a Scoundrel was an excellent read. With its sweet romance, surprising secrets, and engaging story, this book was fantastic and I absolutely loved it.

Clarissa was a lovely heroine. She made a mistake that would potentially ruin her but, while that might have might her seem silly, she was stronger than even she realized. She pulled herself together and tried to make the best of the situation, realizing that she had
Literati Literature Lovers
When a romance makes you giddy, it is a good read, and when a romance makes my heart warm and fuzzy it is a great read, when a romance makes me giddy, warm, fuzzy and lusty it is a fantastic read and Lily Dalton’s Never Surrender to a Scoundrel is a FANTASTIC READ!

I will be perfectly honest, I wish I had not read the excerpt in the back of Never Entice an Earl because it hinted at plot of Never Surrender to a Scoundrel and I know myself as I hate hints, but I just could not help but to peek.
Ishara Dasruth
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another stellar story from Lily Dalton. Great premise with engaging characters.
Liz F
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

Oh I loved this book! It feels like I'm on a little bit of a historical romance kick these days and its THIS kind of book that makes me remember why I love historical romances so much. And I'm not the kind of reader that really cares so much about historical accuracy. If it's close, it works for me. I just love all the clothing and the frippery (I love that word!) and I love that men could be men and women could be women. For me, THAT'S where
Rebecca
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First Reviewed on Once Upon a Romance Blog - rexilake.tumblr.com

In Lily Dalton’s 3rd installment in her One Scandalous Season series, Clarissa Bevington finds herself in a predicament… A nine month one! Of course, Clarissa believed the man she’d dallied with was honorable and intent on marrying her. Then, she finds out he’s wed another on the same day he was supposed to announce his engagement to Clarissa! (Talk about a scoundrel!!!)
The news shocks Clarissa into a faint (blame the pregnancy).
Megan Burback
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lady Clarissa Bevington made a very big mistake. Mr. Dominick Blackmer (a.ka. Mr. Kincraig) was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lady Clarissa thought she was in love and acted rather recklessly. Unbeknownst to her, her beau just got married to someone else. Dominick Blackmer is in the service of the Crown and is guarding Clarissa grandfather, Lord Wolverton, as well as his whole family. Just as his assignment was over and he got his new orders heading to bigger and better things, he got
OpenBookSociety.com
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: una

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Una

This is historical romance at its best with just enough intrigue, romance and excitement to keep the reader turning pages.

Clarissa, a young debutante becomes pregnant by a dashing young man who she feels will rescue and marry her. She finds out at her coming out ball that in fact he has married someone else. Faced with a ruinous scandal she obeys her grandfather and marries Kincraig the man everyone thinks is the cause of
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I have to say that Lily Dalton brings a marvelous story in Never Surrender to a Scoundrel. When I started the story, I was trying to figure out how it was going to be scandalous. The first couple of chapters she’s lovey-dovey with Lord Quinn, and she’s soon to be engaged to him. Everything just seems to be working out for Clarissa. Disasters strikes! Finally! I know that’s probably horrible of me, but I wanted to have drama. From her coming out the excitement
Cee (The Mistress Case)
**ARC via Netgalley given to me for an honest review**

From the beginning, my opinion of Clarissa wasn’t high. She was merely another spoiled rich brat who thought she fell in love and was naïve enough to get herself impregnated by a man who wanted to keep their “courtship” a secret. Really? This never ends well and I’ve never found naivety appealing in a heroine. Regardless of my cynicism and my failure to connect to her, she’s a fairly pleasant character.

Now Dominick, on the other hand, knew
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Lily Dalton I have read and I am so glad that I took a chance on her because this was such a great book! It was amusing, entertaining, and delightful. I enjoyed it immensely and I can't wait to read the rest of the series, and the next book when it comes out!

Lady Clarissa Bevington and Lord Dominick Blackmar, a.k.a. Mr. Kincraig, are forced to marry or face certain scandal when Clarissa's delicate situation compromises them. It seems like the end of the world because
Evelyn
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-bur
Originally reviewed for Buried Under Romance www.buriedunderromance.com

Never Surrender to a Scoundrel is the third novel in the One Scandalous Season series by Lily Dalton. The characters are strong and likeable and the story holds your interest from the first page.

Clarissa Bovington, the granddaughter of the Earl of Wolverton, is young and in love. Her world is shattered, however, when her lover, Lord Quinn, suddenly marries someone else before she has the time to tell him she’s pregnant.
Pamela
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5! Courtesy of Romance Junkies:

Clarissa Bevington was certain that she had a real and lasting love, but soon discovers it was all a pretense. It seems that her husband-to-be has moved on and married another. Clarissa tries to hold it all together at her come-out ball, but fails horribly. When handsome and kind Mr. Kincraig comes to her rescue, Clarissa confesses her dilemma. She never imagined she would soon find herself engaged to marry Mr. Kincraig.

Lord Donovan Blackmer, aka Mr.
Amy Alvis
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the One Scandalous Season series.

Lady Clarissa Bevington is excited for her coming out. What no one else knows is that she will be announcing her engagement that night also. Just as she is set to appear at her ball, she is given the devastating news that her secret intended has married another. Passing out at the news, the rakehell Kincraig comes to her rescue by whisking her off to another room followed by her family.

Lord Donovan Blackmer has been masquerading for the last two
Amanda
*I received an ARC from the publisher via Netgalley*

I haven't read the two previous books in the series, but after reading Never Surrender To A Scoundrel I'm going to remedy that right away. I loved this book!

The characters seemed very real to me. Anyone who's read my other reviews knows that good characterization is something I look for most in a book. I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. The plot itself touched on something that isn't usually mentioned in romance (view spoiler)
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
I received a complimentary copy from Goodread First Reads. This has become my favorite book! I love scandal books and thought the scandal would be the same as most books (being in a situation that is purely innocent, but seen as wrong), but I was so wrong, yes, it was an innocent situation, but not the normal seen close together alone or she tripped and fell into him etc... And I was hooked from the moment she told her secret and the scandal began. There was so much going on in this book that ...more
Moey17
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this, the protagonists were enjoyable, but it didn't quite work for me. The pacing of the story seemed rushed at times, and the romance not developed well enough. Overall, I enjoyed the series, but felt this didn't live up to its potential.
Claire Day
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Clarissa and Donovan are forced into a hasty marriage when Clarissa becomes pregnant and her parents think Donovan to be the father.

The premise of this book is actually quite clever, but there wasn’t enough chemistry between the two for my tastes. They are forced to marry and both exhibit unattractive traits (Clarissa is a little ditzy, Donovan literally says that he will ruin Clarissa’s life) but despite that they both fall in love immediately.

The book is the third in the “One Scandalous
Andrea
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women
This was a fun read. It got a bit too pulpy for my taste at the climax, and the end was VERY mushy and sugary sweet. There's also a plot point introduced like 3/4 of the way through the book, and then it's implied that it will be a continuing thing into maybe the next book in the series, then like 3 pages later it's like, "just kidding! That problem is solved! Everything is great and the gang's all back together again!"

But all small criticisms aside, I had a good time reading it and may check
Faith Hsi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The plot, the characters, the romance was all so wonderful. Never did I skip a single sentence in this book and it kept me engaged for that 3 hours! Love Lily Dalton’s works and looking forward to more!
Regina
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book because with her first trilogy, Lily Dalton quickly became one of my must-read authors. Of course, it jumped ahead of all the others waiting in my to-be-read pile.

I had good reason because like the previous two in the series, Never Surrender to a Scoundrel grabbed my attention and didn't let me go. I quickly reacquainted myself with previous characters, and within the first few pages, I needed to know Clarissa’s secrets. Every now and then, I detected
Nessa
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I WAS DISTRAUGHT WHEN THE STORY OPENED WITH THE FACT THAT THE HEROINE WAS KNOCKED UP AND PREGGERS WITH AN ARSE'S CHILD. So I hesitated to read and skipped to partway to weigh if the chemistry between the characters would coax me to give them a chance. Mind you, I am never for pregnancy stories unless it's by the hero.

OUR HERO is working for British intelligence, but how deeply connected he was to the secret affiliation is unknown until the end of the story. I rather like him because initially
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 01, 2015 06:05AM

• Lord Ruin (The Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • What a Difference a Duke Makes (School for Dukes, #1)
  • A Wicked Kind of Husband (Longhope Abbey, #1)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • Secret Desires of a Gentleman (Girl Bachelors, #3)
  • Never Seduce a Scoundrel (School for Heiresses, #1)
  • One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke, #1)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)
  • The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)
  • Every Little Kiss (Harvest Cove, #2)
  • One of These Nights (Harvest Cove, #3)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1; Windham, #1)
  • The Danger in Tempting an Earl (At the Kingsborough Ball, #3)
  • It's Hard Out Here for a Duke (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #4)
  • For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)
  • An Affair in Winter (Seasons, #1)
Lily Dalton grew up as an Army brat, moving from place to place. Her first stop after relocating was always the local library, where she could hang out with familiar friends: Books! Lily has an English degree from Texas A & M University and after graduation worked as a legal assistant in the fields of accident reconstruction and litigation. She now lives in Houston, Texas, with her family. ...more

One Scandalous Season (3 books)
  • Never Desire a Duke (One Scandalous Season, #1)
  • Never Entice an Earl (One Scandalous Season, #2)