Start by marking “Bringing Home the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bringing Home the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #1)

Bringing Home the Bad Boy

(Second Chance #1)

The Bad Boy Is Back

Evan Downey needs a new beginning. Since the death of his wife five years ago, the brilliant tattoo artist has shut himself away in a prison of grief that not even his work can break him out of-and what's worse, Evan knows his son Lyon is bearing the brunt of his seclusion. Moving back to the lake town of Evergreen Cove where he spent his childhood summe
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 27th 2015 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Bringing Home the Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bringing Home the Bad Boy

Lindsay

THE FUNK HAS BROKEN!!!!! Well, I say that but I can definitely see another one on the horizon. This book will be a hard act to follow.

There are only a few books that leave me feeling like they deserve more than 5 stars. By that, I mean that I’m typically happy to dole out 5 stars to books I love but there are only a select few that leave me wishing the scale went up to a million. This was one of those books.

I’m also in a weird emotional position of wanting to scream from the roof tops about how
scribes23
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Bringing Home The Bad Boy

There's too many adjective to describes this novel, but "Perfect" would fit suit it best.

Not only I laugh and cried, I jumped, squealed and screamed. Everything you'll be looking for can be found in this novel.

Evan is just so perfect. He knows what he wants and is not afraid to go all out when needed. When I started reading this, I thought it was him that needed the saving. Turns out the girl/woman who takes care of everyone needs someone to take care of her.

Charlie's
KatLynne
3.5 stars!

A very enjoyable read! The heroine's inner torture eventually became tiresome, however Drew, the hero, made up big time for this distraction.

All in all, a good friends to lover romance.
Anna's Herding Cats
Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Wonderful read that had me smiling then crying then smiling again. Snorting with laughter while I wiped away tears. It was just a heart grabbingly sweet and emotional read that kept it fun but had amazing depth too. Loved these guys.

Full Review:

So. Basically from page one of Bringing Home the Bad Boy I was totally smitten and seriously wanting to know these people in real life. Everything about this one just...did it for me. It was just perfectly del
TeriLyn

5 "Great place to be." Stars

I absolutely loved everything about this second chance romance, Bringing Home the Bad Boy by Jessica Lemmon. Told in Lemmon's signature third person style, this book hits all the feels for contemporary romance lovers. It's perfect for a casual, lazy day read. A simplistic love story to read yet contingent on a complex web of feelings. Low on angst and high on passion, Bringing Home the Bad Boy is a lovely exploration of letting go and moving forward.

The heroine in Ch
Darcy
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2015, romance
I really wanted to like this one, but it just didn't happen for me. I found it hard to root for Evan with how he portrayed himself at the start. Yes his wife died, yes he loved her, but the cold way that he seemed to sleep around turned me off. Charlie wasn't much better for me. I get why she felt guilty, she was lusting after her best friend's husband, but that friend has been dead for years. I got why Evan was frustrated when he realized that about Charlie. I was also bothered that Evan wasn't ...more
Jill
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it

ARC courtesy of Forever via NetGalley
Christy LoveOfBooks

Color me impressed!

Not gonna lie, I thought this was NA and expected the stereotypical bad boy that's so prevalent in the genre. Then I read the blurb and saw that this bad boy has a five-year-old kid, and that had me really curious. Turns out I was wrong, this is not NA at all. This bad boy is a man! His stock immediately shot up in my eyes, but not just because of his age.

Evan is such a wonderful man! Yes, he has tattoos and has a reputation for raising hell in his younger days, but now, he
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love a friends to lovers story.

I also love them when there is a bit of a twist.

In this one, Charlie was best friends with Rae, Evan's late wife. So, there was a connection that went all the way back to when they were teenagers, when Charlie had a crush on Evan and when he chose Rae.

They had a history, they had a deep connection that was so much more than just people who knew one another. I loved that this was not only addressed, that it was honored. I melted when he tells her that he couldn't
Jonetta
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Imagine having your best friend die and later, you fall for her husband. Would you have uncomfortable feelings? Are you being disloyal? Is he confusing the love for a friend as something more instead of that deeper love you'd much prefer? These are all the questions I would have and were asked by Charlie Harris when her relationship with Evan Downey transitioned from beloved friend to lover.

I empathized with Charlie and understood her concerns on an intellect
Victoria Cavill
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Unexpected stars..!!

This book I tell you , was a lot different than it's cliche plot suggests. I thought this one would be drowned in denial, angst and frankly speaking lot of guilt. I expected the hero to fight the budding romance and be a little cruel to the heroine.

Well whatever I had thought was total BS..!!
I think the book just bitch slapped me for my judgement...
Ya that's what it did...!!!

Its a roller coaster ride you definitely want to take. And the sex.. uff.. is whole lot sexier...

I
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

This is my first book by author Jessica Lemmon but it won’t be my last. From the sexy yet brooding artist hero, to his adorable kid, and the woman who has watched over them for the last four years following her best friend’s death Bringing Home the Bad Boy is everything I look for in a romance.
Four years after his wife’s tragic death Evan Downey has decided a change of scenery is what’s best for him and his son, Lyon, and Evergreen C
Jessica Lemmon
May 08, 2014 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi, readers!

I'm so excited to introduce you to the Bad Boys of Evergreen Cove in an ALL NEW series called: Second Chance. Evan Downey, my broody, artistic widower starts off the first book in the series, but you may remember meeting him before. I first introduced the youngest of the Downey clan in the novella Can't Let Go, then in Hard to Handle, and lastly, in The Millionaire Affair. As with previous books, you won't be lost if you're starting this series fresh, but for those of you following
Elizabeth (Liz)
I'm thrilled to find a new author to love!! Jessica Lemmon ROCKS! I absolutely - in every way conceivable - LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book!!! The writing, the characters (ALL of the characters, including Lyon, the 7-year-old, and I am not normally a fan of kids in most books!), the story, the setting. Everything was PERFECT! I'm off to see what else she's written, and I can't wait for the next book in the Second Chance Series!!
Yvonne
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Jessica Lemon is a new author for me and I'm so glad I read this book.
The Hero & Heroine were terrific and enjoyed their story very much.

Also - great amount of steam!

Lisa
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Made me tear up, blush, and smile. Win all around. Can't wait for book two!
Saly
This one was nice but for the love of God the heroine needed therapy. She was the one who had not let go off her dead best friend, when the hero, her family everyone else had. The hero was the chaser in the relationship and she was a neurotic mess from her past relationships.
Valerie
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2015-reads
I adore Evan Downey. I don't see him as a bad boy, though. He's an artist who paints, draws, illustrates and tattoos. He's recovering from the grief of his young wife dying before his eyes. The memories bring the nightmares. He's raising his seven year old son alone. The girls he sees are all just for the moment. But he's not giving off the bad boy vibe at all.

The move back to Evergreen Cove gets Evan out of the house he lived in with his wife and closer to her best friend. Charlotte has been a
☕️Kimberly
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evan Downey and his tats are smoking hot. He is the kind of guy who is a little rugged looking and comfortable in his denims with an easy, laid-back attitude. Five years ago, his world fell apart, when his wife died unexpectedly leaving him and his then three year old son Lyon. It has taken him a long time to crawl out of his despair and they are making a fresh start of it in Evergreen Cove, a small lakeside community. Charlotte Harris knows all too well, how much Evan and Lyon suffered. His wif ...more
Talk Supe
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Who doesn't love second chance romances?! This reminded me a lot of my fave small town series, Bad Boys of Crystal Lake (Juliana Stone). I feel so torn about Bringing Home the Bad Boy, on one hand I feel Charlie's indecisiveness because Evan's her bestfriend, Rae's husband at the same time, Rae has been dead for 4 years. This novel answered the question "when's the best time to move on?" and did it right. very graceful, sincere, loving, and definitely touching. I look forward to reading the next ...more
Shannon Richard
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really don't think there are words to describe how much I loved this book. Charlie, Evan, and Lyon captured my attention and my heart from the very beginning. Books should transport the reader, and Lemmon paints a beautiful picture of Evergreen Cove bringing her audience into this lakeside community. Evan and Charlie burn up the pages and I was deeply invested in their happily ever after. Lemmon has the ability to make you laugh on one page, and then have you crying the next. It's a beautiful ...more
Lindsay

Kimberlee
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Sweet and sexy. And character growth.
Blessie (Mischievous Reads)
Review originally posted on: Mischievous Reads

*Review copy courtesy of Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via Netgalley

4.5 Stars

This book just took romance to the next level. A new addition to my favorites shelf, Bringing Home the Bad Boy is a beautiful romance, with lots of heartbreaking moments that will make you shed tears. I'm not going to deny that I expected this book to be a simple light hearted read, but this book appeared so much more than a love affair between a widower and his late wi
Christi Snow
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This was a first-read author for me...I've never read any of Jessica Lemmon's books before, but I saw something a few months back that pique'd my interest in this book. Then the book came up on NetGalley and grabbed it. The book is just as good as that gorgeous cover. I really, really liked this one and already pre-ordered book #2 in this series and bought a print copy of this book for my keeper shelf.

So...this book.

If you like your contemporary romance with a good bit of angst, you
Shirley Frances
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Evan needs a change of scenery for him and his son. He's tired of living with the memories of his late wife everywhere he turns so he decides to move to Evergreen Cove, a place he remembers fondly from his childhood. It is also where Rae's best friend Charlotte lives. He considers her a great friend and appreciates her support and her influence in his son's life.

Charlotte "Charlie" Harris misses her best friend every day and has vowed to be there for the family she left behind. Unfortunately, h
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This Lemmon is a gem! I was fighting tears at four percent. FOUR PERCENT!!! Jessica Lemmon, a new-to-me author had me emotionally invested in this book from page one! She tackled matters of Death, Grief, and a Second Chance at romance. I must say, I am very impressed.

It’s been five years since Evan Downey’s wife had passed away. It hasn’t been easy but after these years of grieving, he is ready for a new start. And what better way to do that than to go to the place where he found happiness long
Lisazj1
3.5 stars. I enjoyed reading this, a lot. I loved Evan. He really wasn't a bad boy, he was a really great guy & terrific dad who lost his wife 4 years ago and is ready to move on with his life. Which he totally deserves to do. And Lyon was a cute kid.

I liked Charlie and I got her issues because honestly, I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to get over it if it were my situation. But she was too damn back and forth, I wanted to shake her so she'd pick one way or the other and stick with
 ~V~
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, emotional, heartbreaking, sexy and romantic! Everything i love in my books was here, including the friends to lovers theme...LOVED! This will definitely go down as a favorite of 2015 for me and i'm now off to read more from this author! Highly recommend! :)

Evan
description

Charlie
description
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Return of the Bad Girl (Rock Canyon, Idaho, #4)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Devil's Honor (The Devil's Keepers #1)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Faking It
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons #3; Rocky Mountain House #10)
  • Falling Under (Ink & Chrome, #2)
  • Dirty Thoughts (Mechanics of Love, #1)
  • Turn Up the Heat: Love Won't Wait\Beach House Beginnings\Strong Enough to Love (Includes The Carlisles #2; Jackson, #1.2; Beach House No. 9 #0.5)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Blamed (Blood Money #1)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
A former job-hopper, Jessica Lemmon resides in Ohio with her husband and rescue dog. She holds a degree in graphic design currently gathering dust in an impressive frame. When she’s not writing super-sexy heroes, she can be found cooking, drawing, drinking coffee (okay, wine), and eating potato chips. She firmly believes God gifts us with talents for a purpose, and with His help, you can create th ...more

Second Chance (4 books)
  • Rescuing the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #2)
  • A Bad Boy for Christmas (Second Chance, #3)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
“Mom. Can I?” Mom.” 1 likes
“He stood and stalked to the house, aiming for her bedroom. Little did she know… Not gonna happen.” 0 likes